+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Re: Jay Z and Justin Timberlake @ YS on July 19

As someone who wants to buy tickets for this show, I'm certainly not buying them now. I doubt I'm the only one.

Quote Originally Posted by dinopuppy View Post
    Not to start a war, but I got tickets in 207 too, and during the checkout screen, it clearly said "obstructed view".
    Usually- when you pull the order off the My Tickets section of the TM website- it will clearly say "Limited View" or "Obstructed View." The two orders in question both have no mention of "Limited View" when I look them up on the TM website.

The problem is- it's never a good idea for anybody from TM to be looking through your account, history, etc and you sure as hell do not want to dispute anything. I'll probably just check the disclosure box on SH and hope nobody cares.

I would guarantee you TM has tickets held back that could be offered as replacements- I may try and go that route

I was on StubHub last night, adjusting prices and noticed that there have been very few sales for the Jay Z concert. Do you guys think it's just too early, or did we underestimate how popular this show is going to be?

Quote Originally Posted by superyan View Post
    I was on StubHub last night, adjusting prices and noticed that there have been very few sales for the Jay Z concert. Do you guys think it's just too early, or did we underestimate how popular this show is going to be?
    There are 17,000 tickets to the 2 shows on StubHub right now. Those tickets will eventually sell, but I would expect a large majority to sell at or below face value at this point, with most sales happening closer to the show dates. If there is a bad weather forecast, the market will even crash worse. Keep in mind that not every fan of Jay Z or JT is a fan of the other, so the concert has that working against it. It also has the fact that there are 100,000+ tickets to move, they were expensive to begin with, and a stadium (and especially a baseball stadium) is the worst place to see a concert.

I just sold the rest of my tickets this afternoon. Met a guy off craigslist. I had 26 tickets for the two nights. I kept two for myself and unloaded the other 24 (8 for Friday and 16 for Saturday). The Friday show I sold right away before they announced a second show and I maybe could have sold for a few more bucks but I wanted out before a second show was announced and did it all through stubhub. The second show I did a LOT of my sales not using stubhub. I only sold 4 out of 16 using stubhub. I was happy with the profit I made.

Not sure what happens with the prices but I don't see them skyrocketing for outrageous prices. There are some Justin Timberlake fans who don't want to see Jay Z and some Jay Z fans who don't want to see Justin Timberlake. While I think you can make some money on this I don't see this being like Eminem and Jay Z a couple years ago.

Just wondering how everyone did or is doing on their sales? I am glad I cashed out in early May.

I sold 4 pairs of tickets at big profits this month (june)

I have two more pairs. Field level front row and Deltas Row 2 which I am holding out.

Won't have any problem unloading those.

Just wanted to bump this to survey how everyone is doing on their sales. I made some money the first week, but have been just above my break even point for everything else. I'm shocked at how few actual sales there are.

The golden goose is dead. As more and more people discover StubHub and secondary markets, outside of maybe a once in a lifetime concert, there is no reason to buy tickets to these events early anymore. Especially outdoors events. I think the days of making huge profits on resales are over

Addicted Member

Jay-Z just released a new album, so sales may end up picking back up for those who are holding out.
    http://twitter.com/NYMoot
    http://nyystarsandpinstripes.blogspot.com

Just wanted to bump this to survey how everyone is doing on their sales. I made some money the first week, but have been just above my break even point for everything else. I'm shocked at how few actual sales there are.
    I did real well at first and still did well on the rest of mine. I sold the majority of mine using other places instead of stubhub. I finished my sales in early May. I was concerned prices would tank.

A lot of people thought this would be Eminem/JayZ or better. Problem is a lot of Jay Z fans don't want to see Justin Timberlake and a lot of Justin Timberlake fans don't want to see Jay Z.

Addicted Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees51 View Post
    I did real well at first and still did well on the rest of mine. I sold the majority of mine using other places instead of stubhub. I finished my sales in early May. I was concerned prices would tank.

A lot of people thought this would be Eminem/JayZ or better. Problem is a lot of Jay Z fans don't want to see Justin Timberlake and a lot of Justin Timberlake fans don't want to see Jay Z.
    I still have 4 field level tickets to sell. Besides StubHub and Craiglist where else did you list tickets for sale?

Close to 10k tickets still and 3 days away from the first show.

Oops! I pooped on your things! __starr69's Avatar

I've noticed cheapest tickets on StubHub have been increasing in price. 2-3 days ago they were $60-$65, now they're about $85. I haven't checked Saturday's. Last forecast I checked has Friday being hot, Saturday decent chance of rain.

Anyone think this trend will change? Does weather play a big factor?

So happy I sold my last few seats. I broke even on 4 seats, make a lot 8 seats, and made 15-30 on the rest. Not really worth the risk I took.

NYYF Cy Young

So happy I sold my last few seats. I broke even on 4 seats, make a lot 8 seats, and made 15-30 on the rest. Not really worth the risk I took.
    Just curious, what type of seats were most profitable? I'm guessing terrace?
    Twenty Seven and Counting.

Quote Originally Posted by gregzzy22 View Post
    Just curious, what type of seats were most profitable? I'm guessing terrace?
    For me it was the $129 ($143 per ticket after fees) field levels. Had some mains those did decent but the cheaper field levels near a price cut were good.

The best though was Delta tickets. They were $104 per ticket and going for well above face even now on stubhub. Unfortunately I did not pull any of those.

Out of my 24 tickets I sold half were done thru stubhub, the other half were done through a variety of other ways.

Quote Originally Posted by __starr69 View Post
    I've noticed cheapest tickets on StubHub have been increasing in price. 2-3 days ago they were $60-$65, now they're about $85. I haven't checked Saturday's. Last forecast I checked has Friday being hot, Saturday decent chance of rain.

Anyone think this trend will change? Does weather play a big factor?
    Rain will play a factor. It will increase values in Delta suite even more and kill values in other areas.

I think two shows are what killed this one. Just too many tickets out there to make much- unless as previously mentioned, you get some nice price breaks. Had no clue the Delta's were so cheap. As could be expected- some of the Floor seats are selling well below face value- stadium shows tend to get very ugly (from a seller perspective) the day of

What happens on Saturday if it rains all day/night? Would they be forced to cancel and not replace the concert? If that is possible, does a round-robin begin on TM refunding primary purchasers, then secondary sellers refunding SH buyers, etc?

Unless there is serious lightning, concert will go on Saturday rain or shine. This has not been the bonanza I thought it would be (second show added, middling Magna Carta Holy Grail reviews, tons of dates in other cities), but it certainly has validated my plan. I've made money on all my sales thus far and have four good Terrace seats left that ought to sell for about face. I still think there's a decent chance people will wake up to these shows on Thu and Fri and turn the market around a bit--this is a pretty rare pairing. Fair warning though: Scorebig has some seats available.

Quote Originally Posted by NYY_72 View Post
    What happens on Saturday if it rains all day/night? Would they be forced to cancel and not replace the concert? If that is possible, does a round-robin begin on TM refunding primary purchasers, then secondary sellers refunding SH buyers, etc?
    I am going to the show but I don't have my tickets in front of me. I believe it's rain or shine. I went to Bruce back in September and they took everyone out for lightning and didn't start the show until 10:30 pm. Show went on until about 2 am.

No way in hell either show cancels/postpones. Logistically- its too hard to make up the dates . I am wondering how many days it takes to set up and take down/have ready for baseball but I would guess you would need at least a 5 day window to get 2 shows in. Too much money at stake- nothing short of a tsunami will stop these 2 gigs from being played

Quote Originally Posted by NYY_72 View Post
    StubHub just charges the sellers credit card back. They could not care less when TM issues the original buyer the refund

Oops! I pooped on your things! __starr69's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pacersyankees View Post
    No way in hell either show cancels/postpones. Logistically- its too hard to make up the dates . I am wondering how many days it takes to set up and take down/have ready for baseball but I would guess you would need at least a 5 day window to get 2 shows in. Too much money at stake- nothing short of a tsunami will stop these 2 gigs from being played
    I know it takes 3 long, full days of setting up. 12-16 hours x 3 days. I'd imagine breaking down the set takes at least 2 days, plus restoring the field. Making up one show would be a logistical nightmare-- first of all, the Yankees would have to be on the road for over a week. Then both Jay Z and Timberlake have to be available and close enough to do the show.

If there's lightening, they'll delay it, but only a natural disaster postpones or cancels the show.

Thread Information