+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

Re: Jay Z and Justin Timberlake @ YS on July 19

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    IMO the best value is Terrace front rows 307-311 & 329-332B @ $95 including fees
    When I search on the link you provided earlier, there's nothing available at the $95 price even though it's not grayed out.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    When I search on the link you provided earlier, there's nothing available at the $95 price even though it's not grayed out.
    maybe only singles, I just pulled a great seat 310 Row 1 Seat 11, but throwing it back I'm maxed out

maybe only singles, I just pulled a great seat 310 Row 1 Seat 11, but throwing it back I'm maxed out
    How many are you buying?

I called Ticketmaster. They told me that you'll be able to download your seats on the 19th.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by superyan View Post
    I called Ticketmaster. They told me that you'll be able to download your seats on the 19th.
    Did you ask about Yankees PDF tickets for OD?

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    How many are you buying?
    I already bought 24 across three accounts

I already bought 24 across three accounts
    You and I think alike. I did the same thing.
    I didn't ask about opening day tickets. If you have time, give them a call. They were friendly and my time on hold was minimal.

Did you ask about Yankees PDF tickets for OD?
    I called up twice this week and they were absolutely useless.

I am sure this question has been asked before but do public and presales count as the same for ticket limits?

For example I have two accounts two billing addresses so I was able to get 16 tickets. Can I now buy another 16 on those two accounts during the public sale?

This does not strike me as a show that would want to cancel anybody's orders, that being said, I would avoid using the same IP address when buying from a second account. I know of situations where orders were canceled when a different account, different credit card etc were used but all were ordered from the same computer IP address

If anyone is willing to part with 2 tickets in the $100-$120 ranges that are not obstructed view I would be very interested.

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by pacersyankees View Post
    This does not strike me as a show that would want to cancel anybody's orders, that being said, I would avoid using the same IP address when buying from a second account. I know of situations where orders were canceled when a different account, different credit card etc were used but all were ordered from the same computer IP address
    How about the same billing address . . .

It can't just be IP address. I know companies with 50+ employees that have one public IP address. It's more the billing information.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by superyan View Post
    It can't just be IP address. I know companies with 50+ employees that have one public IP address. It's more the billing information.
    Yeah the biggest stop is the credit card number. IP address is probably a screener for closer inspection but like you say many people are on the same LAN with the same external IP. It's best to have a different card and different address, not much they can do to deny that

in terms of flipping, do you think it matters if the tickets are hard or electronic?

ps. checked this morning at around 10:10 during the regular sale just to see if anything was available. pulled 2 in 325, row 6, i think. Not bad for the general sale.

Curious to see the secondary market on this one.

I think prices will trend upwards

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by yonik21 View Post
    Curious to see the secondary market on this one.

I think prices will trend upwards
    Yeah but it might take a while to get through the glut, the float right now seems to be about 25%. As the warm weather rolls in and people make summer plans demand will really pick up. Jay-Z hasn't disappointed yet, and Timberlake has a lot of fans too

Yeah the biggest stop is the credit card number. IP address is probably a screener for closer inspection but like you say many people are on the same LAN with the same external IP. It's best to have a different card and different address, not much they can do to deny that
    hasnt happened with the yankees but i have had 2 diff cards/diff billing and different ips canceled. It happens maybe 1-2% of the time but its something to watch out for. If your smart use different names as well.

I chose to basically break even on the tix at the yanks ticket sale for the saturday show. There are way way too many tickets available for the second show IMO to expect prices to rise later. If there were only one show, I'd understand the delay tactic but I think there's 15,000 seats available between the two shows. That's basically an arena.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by frostfan1 View Post
    I chose to basically break even on the tix at the yanks ticket sale for the saturday show. There are way way too many tickets available for the second show IMO to expect prices to rise later. If there were only one show, I'd understand the delay tactic but I think there's 15,000 seats available between the two shows. That's basically an arena.
    15K is, but also 45K x 2 shows is 90,000 tickets and that hasn't been a problem in the past for big shows at the meadowlands, shea stadium, etc... If this was lady gaga or something I wouldn't have bought in but Jay-Z has a track record of drawing people in NYC who will pay whatever it takes to see him

But we'll just have to see, we can keep track starting today

Friday Show as of 3/19 @ 11:17 am:
    6,259 tickets available starting @ $125.00 per ticket (qty 2+)
    http://www.stubhub.com/justin-timber...-2013-4245612/

Saturday Show as of 3/19 @ 11:17 am:
    9,418 tickets available starting @ $102.00 per ticket (qty 2+)
    http://www.stubhub.com/justin-timber...-2013-4255528/

also, after the first show many will want to go again

Very odd that the get in price is higher on Friday than Saturday.

I wanted Friday so that I could go to the concert and then go away for a summer weekend still.
    Friday may be preferable to many for that reason ...

For Hot hot events 15k seats in the 2ndary mkt is peanuts for NYC. I mean if this was the World Series!?

Obviously it's not but the analogy still stands.

I think the duo performing will be a HUGE draw.

I think a lot of people bought Friday tickets right away lowering inventory. For example I put up 8 tickets that were priced to sell but also make me a profit since I had a feeling about a Saturday show. Also from people I spoke to they were able to pull tickets more easily for the Saturday show. I had 10 tickets for Friday but kept two for myself but for Saturday I pulled 16 tickets no problem.

A lot of people got Saturday tickets easily and also many bought for re-sale. Not only that you have people panicking and selling to just break even after stubhub fees.

I've only sold 4 of my 16 for Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees51 View Post
    I think a lot of people bought Friday tickets right away lowering inventory. For example I put up 8 tickets that were priced to sell but also make me a profit since I had a feeling about a Saturday show. Also from people I spoke to they were able to pull tickets more easily for the Saturday show. I had 10 tickets for Friday but kept two for myself but for Saturday I pulled 16 tickets no problem.

A lot of people got Saturday tickets easily and also many bought for re-sale. Not only that you have people panicking and selling to just break even after stubhub fees.

I've only sold 4 of my 16 for Saturday.
    Each event is different but 9 times out of 10 when I sell early I end up regretting it. Perfect case in point is George Strait in San Antonio- there were >10K seats on SH after the pre sales and amateur brokers/soccer moms panic selling of lowers for <$200 for very little profit. The day of the onsale the thing explodes and tickets are flying off the shelves and now lowers are nearly $300 and only headed higher as supply slowly decreases.

The rush of a same day flip for decent coin is nice but the longer you do this the more you realize how much $$$ you leave on the table by pricing so low as to sell very early. Again- there are occasional exceptions, but thats what they are- exceptions

Thread Information