+ Reply to Thread

Spring Training Coverage

What is the coverage of spring training games on the radio? Last year was the first time I had MLB At Bat audio on my iPhone and I can't seem to find if it includes the audio for all ST games or not. Prior to last year, I didn't usually use audio so I can't remember if WCBS covers every game. Do they start up this weekend or later?

Re: Spring Training Coverage

Quote Originally Posted by skyblue17 View Post
    What is the coverage of spring training games on the radio? Last year was the first time I had MLB At Bat audio on my iPhone and I can't seem to find if it includes the audio for all ST games or not. Prior to last year, I didn't usually use audio so I can't remember if WCBS covers every game. Do they start up this weekend or later?
    They cover some games, but not all, similar to YES. I think that in the past 880 has had a schedule of spring training games on their website, but I didn't see one. YES is carrying Sunday's game but not Saturday's, for what it's worth.
    [COLOR=navy][/COLOR]

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by AlbanyColonieYankee View Post
    They cover some games, but not all, similar to YES. I think that in the past 880 has had a schedule of spring training games on their website, but I didn't see one. YES is carrying Sunday's game but not Saturday's, for what it's worth.
    I feel like in previous seasons WCBS would cover the weekend games, but I can't remember how long ago that was.

Sunday @ 1pm on YES!! Cant wait, finally.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by BRNXBMRS View Post
    Sunday @ 1pm on YES!! Cant wait, finally.
    According to Yankees web site, Saturday on YES @12:10. The thing is--we play the Braves on Saturday and they say it's @Mets. The Nats are @Mets on Saturday. WTF?

Schedule Broadcast Schedule
    Date Opponent Time (ET) TV Radio
    Saturday, February 23 @NY Mets 12:10 PM YES
    Sunday, February 24 vs. Toronto 1:05 PM YES, MLBN
    Monday, February 25 @Baltimore 1:05 PM MLBN (delay)
    Tuesday, February 26 @Philadelphia 1:05 PM MLBN
    Wednesday, February 27 vs. Baltimore 1:05 PM MLBN (delay) 1090 WBAL
    Thursday, February 28 @Houston 1:05 PM MLBN (delay)
    Thursday, February 28 vs. Toronto 1:05 PM YES, MLBN (delay)
    http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/sched...x.jsp?c_id=nyy

Also: DirecTV shows Rockets@Nets, so wtf? The good news is they don't show Sunday, either--just Center Stage, etc. and Paid Programming. They DO show Thursday vs Jays @1pm.

WTF#2: The web site shows opponent radio broadcasts but no info on CBS. Maybe Sterling has not emerged from hibernation yet.

In years past we had the broadcast schedule for both radio and TV weeks in advance. What's going on?
    "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

NYYF Triple Crown

Cross-checked some other sites for other NYY broadcasts that you should be able to watch with DirecTV and other systems where you get access to cross-country regionals.

The 2/25 game vs. BAL is listed as live at 1pm on MASN-2HD, delayed on MLBN that evening.
    The 2/28 game vs. HOU is listed as live at 1pm on CSN, delayed on MLBN that evening.
    The 3/2 game vs. BOS is listed as live at 1:35pm on NESN.
    The 3/16 game vs. ATL is listed live at 5:05pm on FSS, MLBN delayed.

It looks like the rest are either listed as live on either YES, MLBN, or ESPN.
    (The NYY/TOR on 3/10 is listed as live at 1:05pm on TOR's regional "SNET" MLBN delayed. I'm not familiar with what SNET is or if it's available on DirecTV, I doubt it.)
    Jimmy G. (Seniority 03/28/1994)
    1994-2008: Main Res MVP Sec. 14, Row G
    2009: Section 330, Row 6
    2010: Section 233A, Row 20
    2011: Section 229, Row 16 *All Sunday Plans*
    2012: No longer STH, liberated!

It seems like MLB At Bat will have audio for every game. There were options to listen to local broadcasts for four of today's games (I think there were only four games today) and I am guessing even if there isn't a local broadcast available, they'll have something since they are using Spring Training coverage to get people to subscribe. I don't shell out for MLBTV because of the blackout restrictions but the audio is a great and affordable option.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by theDurk View Post
    According to Yankees web site, Saturday on YES @12:10. The thing is--we play the Braves on Saturday and they say it's @Mets. The Nats are @Mets on Saturday. WTF?
    I was watching Yankees' Magazine on YES either last night or the night before and they advertised Sunday's broadcast (2/24) as their first ST game of the season, so I believe the Yankees' site to be incorrect.

I had posted the ST TV schedule in both the YES thread and in the ST Discussion Thread over a week ago. I don't have a link for the radio broadcast schedule.
    http://web.yesnetwork.com/news/artic...3502&oid=36019
    YES Network's 2013 Yankees Spring Training Telecast Schedule
    Sunday, February 24 Toronto 1:00 pm
    Wednesday, February 27 Baltimore 1:00 pm
    Thursday, February 28 Toronto 1:00 pm
    Friday, March 1 Philadelphia 1:00 pm
    Saturday, March 2 Detroit 1:00 pm
    Sunday, March 3 @ Boston 1:30 pm
    Tuesday, March 5 Atlanta 7:00 pm
    Wednesday, March 6 Dominican Republic 1:00 pm
    Saturday, March 9 Atlanta 1:00 pm
    Monday, March 11 St. Louis 1:00 pm
    Wednesday, March 13 Philadelphia 7:00 pm
    Friday, March 15 Miami 1:00 pm
    Saturday, March 16 Philadelphia 12:00 pm
    Wednesday, March 20 Boston 1:00 pm
    Thursday, March 21 Minnesota 7:00 pm
    Sunday, March 24 Tampa Bay 1:00 pm
    Tuesday, March 26 Houston 7:00 pm
    Friday, March 29 @Washington (in D.C.) 2:00 pm
    Saturday, March 30 @ Army (West Point) 2:00 pm

NYYF Cy Young

I've been looking, too, and this year have found no sign of a radio schedule for Spring training. Odd!

NYYF Legend

Radio schedule is now included here:

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/sched...x.jsp?c_id=nyy

It shows tomorrow's game (Wednesday) as being on the radio. However, it also has MLBN as the only TV source, and it will in fact be on YES.

NYYF Legend

^ Wednesday's game was NOT on the radio.

I wish I knew where I could find an accurate broadcast schedule. Doesn't MLB.com care how bad their information is?

It's weird. I don't know if it's MLB trying to get people to buy MLB.TV but the Yankees are one of the only teams not having all of the ST games available for audio. Today might be different with the split squad?

Thread Information