+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Re: Yankees Ticket Exchange

Sold tickets for weekend game on Stubhub for more after fees than I had tickets listed for on YTE. Dont like the higher commissions on SH but cant beat the volume

Devoted Member

I have not sold a single pair of tickets on the Yankee Exchange. Their platform is the worst. I hope StubHub wins the lawsuit for their pick up location.

Is there any way to know what is selling and for how much on YTE?

That is one of the best features on StubHub.

NYYF Legend

Does YTE lock barcodes like stubhub used to? In other words, if you have a ticket actively listed, will the ticket not scan at the gate and will you get an error message if someone else tries to list the same barcode

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    Does YTE lock barcodes like stubhub used to? In other words, if you have a ticket actively listed, will the ticket not scan at the gate and will you get an error message if someone else tries to list the same barcode
    I thought listings expire before the gates open.

Devoted Member

I sold another game on SH tonight and I have yet to sell anything on YTE. Such a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Tino's Girl View Post
    I sold another game on SH tonight and I have yet to sell anything on YTE. Such a joke.
    Didn't you hear the news that the Yankees are not going to charge buyers the 10% fee or any delivery charges this season as a way to market their new Ticket Exchange? In the long run this is less expensive than current advertising costs plus legal fees vs. StubHub and the quickest way to get buyers to move from StubHub to the new Yankee Ticket Exchange

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeSTH View Post
    Didn't you hear the news that the Yankees are not going to charge buyers the 10% fee or any delivery charges this season as a way to market their new Ticket Exchange? In the long run this is less expensive than current advertising costs plus legal fees vs. StubHub and the quickest way to get buyers to move from StubHub to the new Yankee Ticket Exchange
    Updating the website display from a buying perspective - maybe to 2010 standards - would probably do wonders...

Quote Originally Posted by NYY_72 View Post
    Updating the website display from a buying perspective - maybe to 2010 standards - would probably do wonders...
    For real. You almost are made to wonder if your transaction went through. This coming from someone who actually has sold a game on YTE and would love to see this alternative to the 15% StubHub fee succeed.

Do the prices drop fast on tht YTE right before buying closes when the supply is high. I like to purchase the $100 to $150 face value seats for aboout 30 to 70% off.

What is atheweekend game tikcet avg markdown? it appears to be about 30%. BUt a like to pay at least off 60% before clicking the buttom to purchaase.

The bottom line is I want $100 tickets for $40 if I can get them for when and where I want them if not I let them sit and pass. BTW who the Yankees are playing does not matter 80% of the time for me. I just don't want to see Baltimore every 3rd game I go to.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy61 View Post
    Do the prices drop fast on tht YTE right before buying closes when the supply is high. I like to purchase the $100 to $150 face value seats for aboout 30 to 70% off.

What is atheweekend game tikcet avg markdown? it appears to be about 30%. BUt a like to pay at least off 60% before clicking the buttom to purchaase.

The bottom line is I want $100 tickets for $40 if I can get them for when and where I want them if not I let them sit and pass. BTW who the Yankees are playing does not matter 80% of the time for me. I just don't want to see Baltimore every 3rd game I go to.
    Cutoff for YTE is something like 2-3 hours. So even if you forget for a minute that they randomly set a floor for some tickets, sellers will not drop their pants before cutoff because they know they have an option of last resort on stubhub which doesn't cutoff until the game starts. So they have an extra 2 or 3 hours to get their price before they decide to abandon ship

Cutoff for YTE is something like 2-3 hours. So even if you forget for a minute that they randomly set a floor for some tickets, sellers will not drop their pants before cutoff because they know they have an option of last resort on stubhub which doesn't cutoff until the game starts. So they have an extra 2 or 3 hours to get their price before they decide to abandon ship
    But the seller will need to cancel their TYE listing before the cutoff in order to make a set of "Print at Home" tickets, no? I thought the ability to Print at Home ends the same time the YTE sales do...

Cheers!
    -Doug

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by dstoffa View Post
    But the seller will need to cancel their TYE listing before the cutoff in order to make a set of "Print at Home" tickets, no? I thought the ability to Print at Home ends the same time the YTE sales do...

Cheers!
    -Doug
    As far as I know the print at home option is still good until 45 minutes before game time, but I need to double check that

As far as I know the print at home option is still good until 45 minutes before game time, but I need to double check that
    YTE cuts off 3 hours before game.
    Believe TM cuts off 2 hours before game (not 100% on this). You get game day premium on TM prices however.
    SH cuts off at game time.

Initiating print at home from a team account cuts off 3 hours before game - same as YTE. This is sometimes unclear though. Believe when clicking through the print at home process, a warning message appears that it must be done at least 3 hours before game. Within FAQ in the team account, they say print at home cuts off 2 hours before game. However, think this info is simply not updated from last year. To make things further unclear, even though cutoff for last year was stated to be 2 hours - in practice the feature worked until about 45 minutes before game.

However, I tested for tonight's game - and print at home was indeed offline 3 hours before game.

NYYF Legend

However, think this info is To make things further unclear, even though cutoff for last year was stated to be 2 hours - in practice the feature worked until about 45 minutes before game.

However, I tested for tonight's game - and print at home was indeed offline 3 hours before game.
    Well that sort of defeats the main purpose of print at home, namely that if you forgot your tickets at home and realized it last minute you would have that option available from the office

Well that sort of defeats the main purpose of print at home, namely that if you forgot your tickets at home and realized it last minute you would have that option available from the office
    Completely agree. In no way to defend the team on this, but you can likely call and have your tickets re-printed and waiting at will call. Or just go up, wait in that same line, and request a re-print upon arrival.

That's a pain, but doable. Additional difficulty if the account owner isn't there in person with an ID. But last week I got a call from the will call window (to number associated with my account). Friend of a friend (who didn't know me or my phone numbers) using our tickets lost one and needed a re-print. Team did it no problem with my okay.

We know the reason that "Print at Home" is disabled 3 hours before game time.

The official response to the complaint about not being able to print up to, say, 45 minutes before first pitch for those who left their tickets at home will be that, "The Licensee can go to the window at the Stadium and have their tickets reprinted, so turning off the "Print at Home" is not a loss of convenience...."

Cheers!
    -Doug

A re-print is $5 per ticket. I've had it waived in the past, but it all depends on who is working the window.

Bought my first tickets on YTE. I had sold my season tickets for Saturday and its Photo Day for Legacy Club so I decided to buy a pair in 203 and sit with the bleacher creatures. Yankees.com primary market had no tickets in 203, StubHub high prices since it's less than 3 days, so I went to YTE and bought 2 tickets for $20 each, or $48.95 all in and the nice surprise is that when I printed the tickets they are marked to allow access to Audi Club and Mohegan Sun Sports Bar (which I think means these seats are from a STH of 20 years or more). Instant download was a bit quirky as I could not just stay on the site and print. I needed to receive an email and click on a ticketsnow.com link to print. All in all an easy buying experience. I still prefer StubHub.

Lets Go Yankees!

I bought my first tickets o the new TICKETS EXCHANGE and I actually thought it wasn't bad. The best thing about it was a deal for the grandstand that was much cheaper and between the bases. The game got rained out, but it is in my Yankee ticket account and I can reprint them when the game is rescheduled. I also thought my search was a lot faster to find what I wanted.

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by Perseus71 View Post
    I bought my first tickets o the new TICKETS EXCHANGE and I actually thought it wasn't bad. The best thing about it was a deal for the grandstand that was much cheaper and between the bases. The game got rained out, but it is in my Yankee ticket account and I can reprint them when the game is rescheduled. I also thought my search was a lot faster to find what I wanted.
    Are you able to exchange for tickets to any other game like with a primary ticket? That would be a nice + over SH.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    Are you able to exchange for tickets to any other game like with a primary ticket? That would be a nice + over SH.
    No sir.

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/nyy/t...ng/rainout.jsp

Browsing the Yankees rain check info directs persons who bought tickets through the Ticket Exchange to re-sell if they cannot attend the make-up game.

http://www.ticketsnow.com/yankees/Ti...2044#eventpost

This gives Stub Hub purchased tickets an advantage over YTE, because the plan / season ticket get transferred, not re-issued. A ticket purchased through Stub Hub can be exchanged, where as a re-issued YTE ticket cannot.

I guess it is safe to say that once a bar code is cancelled and re-issued, the re-issued ticket no longer gets the same rain-check policy.

Cheers!
    -Doug
    Last edited by dstoffa; 05-20-13 at 07:20 PM. Reason: double salutation

This gives Stub Hub purchased tickets an advantage over YTE, because the plan / season ticket get transferred, not re-issued. A ticket purchased through Stub Hub can be exchanged, where as a re-issued YTE ticket cannot.

I guess it is safe to say that once a bar code is cancelled and re-issued, the re-issued ticket no longer gets the same rain-check policy.
    Interesting observation regarding SH tickets. It makes complete sense at first glance, but I'm unfamiliar with the detailed process of exchanging tickets. Is a rainout ticket in isolation enough to allow an exchange, or does the team require some additional confirmation - such as an ID that coincides with a season ticket account or similar.

Interesting observation regarding SH tickets. It makes complete sense at first glance, but I'm unfamiliar with the detailed process of exchanging tickets. Is a rainout ticket in isolation enough to allow an exchange, or does the team require some additional confirmation - such as an ID that coincides with a season ticket account or similar.
    When you go to the ticket window to exchange your rain-check, here is what will happen.

1. Ticket will be checked to ensure the date actually was a post-ponement.

2. Ticket will be checked to determine if it was resold through the official yankees ticket exchange.

3. If the ticket was sold through the YTE, it can only be used for the make-up game in accordance with the policy I've stated before.

4. If not (i.e. - It was bought through Stub Hub, given to you by the STH, found on the floor) you can exchange it like any other rain-out.

You do not need identification.

Cheers!
    -Doug

When you go to the ticket window to exchange your rain-check, here is what will happen.

4. If not (i.e. - It was bought through Stub Hub, given to you by the STH, found on the floor) you can exchange it like any other rain-out.

You do not need identification.
    Good deal - thanks very much.

Thread Information