+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
Results 126 to 150 of 297
  1. #126
    NYYF Legend

    GordonGecko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New York City

    Re: Yankees Ticket Exchange

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    But if there is not enough demand to fill 50,000 seats most of the time, how is a-la-carte going to help? The Yankees can hold out for face but then people who are not willing to pay that amount will find something else to do with their money.
    Exactly, because the Yankees want it both ways, have their pie and eat it too. They want to keep selling the extra 15,000 seats nobody wants to use and then ALSO don't want any of those 15K resold to compete against the remaining 10,000 unsold seats they want to sell at full face. Talk about futility

  2. #127
    Oops! I pooped on your things! __starr69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Queens
    Quote Originally Posted by gold23 View Post
    I don't think you'll ever get a secondary ticket market policy that is better than the team's.
    I was hoping for a better rainout policy than StubHub, since the Yankees are reselling their own tickets. If the game is rained out and made up the next day, I wouldn't want to eat my ticket. Maybe the Yankees want it that way, so I buy their unsold inventory.

  3. #128
    Oops! I pooped on your things! __starr69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Queens
    Quote Originally Posted by Griz View Post
    Just out of curiosity, does anyone here agree with Lonn Trost that the reason the Yankees can't sell their tickets is because of short sellers on the secondary market?

    I think a fair restatement of his theory is:

    1. People who do not currently have tickets sell Yankees tickets on the secondary market for less than face value because they believe the price will plummet as game day approached. They plan to snap up dirt cheap tickets at the last minute, fulfill their orders, and keep the difference as profit.

    2. Not only do these short sellers sell tickets they don't have for less than face value, the very act of putting these phantom tickets on the market increases supply and drives the price down creating a downward price spiral.

    3. Because tickets are available on the secondary market for less than face value, buyers prefer to pay that discounted price instead of face value at the box office, leaving the Yankees with unsold tickets.

    Seems reasonable at first glance. Anyone want to point out to Lonn why he might be wrong?

    I'll throw this out:
    A few years ago when the Knicks were doing terrible, I routinely sold my tickets for under face value and tickets remained unsold at the box office. Clearly, the Knicks were plagued by short sellers like the Yankees are.

    Now, the team is winning, the games are often sold out, and I'm able to sell my tickets for a profit.

    So. my question to Lonn is, How did the Knicks manage to rid the secondary market of the short sellers that drove their ticket prices down?

    Maybe there are some fancy pants economists out there that can explain that mystery to me and Lonn.
    I'm so mad. I had a long reply to this almost finished and then I got a 30 second phone call and my browser refreshed the page on its own.

    Anyway, it's all about supply and demand. Over the course of a season, the Knicks have 700,000 some-odd tickets to sell, while the Yankees have over 4 million.

    Between the Knicks rise and the Yankees decline, especially compared to both team's recent histories, location, and that buying a Yankee ticket in advance is a gamble with the weather, the Knicks are probably in higher demand.

    These have nothing to do with what extracurricular activities are going on in the secondary market.

  4. #129

    Re: Yankees Ticket Exchange

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    But if there is not enough demand to fill 50,000 seats most of the time, how is a-la-carte going to help?
    You asked how to get rid of the short sellers. If there is no advanced ticket market, there can be no short sellers, since there are no tickets to be had. Only day of game.

    The Yankees can hold out for face but then people who are not willing to pay that amount will find something else to do with their money.
    Exactly. The team will have no trouble selling most tickets to desirable games, but will have a very tough time selling tickets to crap games. They burn the candle at both ends.

    Cheers!
    -Doug

  5. #130

    Re: Yankees Ticket Exchange

    Has anyone been able to print tickets yet on their accounts?

  6. #131

    Re: Yankees Ticket Exchange

    I think it should be a few more hours.

  7. #132
    Devoted Member
    JimmyA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Massachusetts

    Re: Yankees Ticket Exchange

    My tickets started moving again today on Yankees Ticket Exchange. I sold three games the first day they went online (March 11 or 12) and, for some unknown reason, the other game sold this morning. All "dog" games at slightly over face to cover the 5% commission.

  8. #133
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    236

    Re: Yankees Ticket Exchange

    YTE story of the day:

    I have 2 partial plans with the yankees. Tried to list all my tickets for the first game in the plan as I cant make it. Listed one pair successfully then when I clicked to list the other pair I couldnt log in to ticket exchange. It acted as if I had an account and I didnt know the password. So I did a forgot password to retrieve it. I get an email saying "Dear Gary" (my name isnt Gary) but go through the password retrieval anyway.

    So I get into the account and I look at the profile and it has someone elses information completely including credit card info and bank account info. I call the ticket exchange customer service and they immediately put me through to a manager. She asks me a bunch of questions and is very concerned saying this shouldnt happen. I explained this makes me very concerned about the security of YTE, who should I contact and how can you fix this. She said she would contact her dev team which wont be in the office until Monday but didnt understand why this was happening. She had no immediate fix and wouldnt throw anyone under the bus for the mistake. She said they would call me back. So as of now I can order any tickets I want with Gary's credit card (not that I will). This series of events greatly and immediately tarnished my trust of yankees new partnership with YTE. This type of thing is unacceptable and I havent ever heard anything like this happen with stubhub.

    The real funny thing is, when questioned, YTE employees kept saying they were thrown off guard with yankees partnership and they are scrambling to make the system work correctly. They said they are trying their best but since it is new there will be issues going forward until things are perfected. I cant understand why yankees would ever want to partner with an imperfect system when they are already on the outs with alot of their plan holders. I just sent a message to my yankees ticket agent and will update here if people are interested in seeing the result.

    TLDR: Logged into YTE and the account info including Credit card and bank account are someone elses. YTE cant figure it out and doesnt know why.

  9. #134

    Re: Yankees Ticket Exchange

    Quote Originally Posted by jetercanotexarod View Post
    So I get into the account and I look at the profile and it has someone elses information completely including credit card info and bank account info.
    You should just go to town with that information. That would teach the Yankees and YTE a lesson. They'd probably make Gary whole again anyway so no one would be hurt all that much. In the mean time, you're living like a king even if only for a couple of days. Think if the great stories you could tell your cellmate!
    I can't complain but sometimes I still do. - Joe Walsh

  10. #135

    Re: Yankees Ticket Exchange

    Quote Originally Posted by jetercanotexarod View Post
    YTE story of the day:

    I have 2 partial plans with the yankees. Tried to list all my tickets for the first game in the plan as I cant make it. Listed one pair successfully then when I clicked to list the other pair I couldnt log in to ticket exchange. It acted as if I had an account and I didnt know the password. So I did a forgot password to retrieve it. I get an email saying "Dear Gary" (my name isnt Gary) but go through the password retrieval anyway.

    So I get into the account and I look at the profile and it has someone elses information completely including credit card info and bank account info. I call the ticket exchange customer service and they immediately put me through to a manager. She asks me a bunch of questions and is very concerned saying this shouldnt happen. I explained this makes me very concerned about the security of YTE, who should I contact and how can you fix this. She said she would contact her dev team which wont be in the office until Monday but didnt understand why this was happening. She had no immediate fix and wouldnt throw anyone under the bus for the mistake. She said they would call me back. So as of now I can order any tickets I want with Gary's credit card (not that I will). This series of events greatly and immediately tarnished my trust of yankees new partnership with YTE. This type of thing is unacceptable and I havent ever heard anything like this happen with stubhub.

    The real funny thing is, when questioned, YTE employees kept saying they were thrown off guard with yankees partnership and they are scrambling to make the system work correctly. They said they are trying their best but since it is new there will be issues going forward until things are perfected. I cant understand why yankees would ever want to partner with an imperfect system when they are already on the outs with alot of their plan holders. I just sent a message to my yankees ticket agent and will update here if people are interested in seeing the result.

    TLDR: Logged into YTE and the account info including Credit card and bank account are someone elses. YTE cant figure it out and doesnt know why.
    Assuming you have Gary's email and phone # I would give him a call or email. If not I'd look him and and tell him his info is being leaked out. You're doing the poor guy a courtesy and you're sticking it to the incompetent Yankees front office. This guy could possibly sue them for this breach.

  11. #136

    Re: Yankees Ticket Exchange

    Quote Originally Posted by Ram Man View Post
    You should just go to town with that information. That would teach the Yankees and YTE a lesson. They'd probably make Gary whole again anyway so no one would be hurt all that much. In the mean time, you're living like a king even if only for a couple of days. Think if the great stories you could tell your cellmate!
    Go to town with that info? Really? Who would be taught a lesson ????

    Knowingly using someone's credit card fraudulently? And maybe their bank account too?

    I doubt anyone on here wants to end up wearing an orange jumpsuit.

  12. #137

    Re: Yankees Ticket Exchange

    Quote Originally Posted by mandrake View Post
    Go to town with that info? Really? Who would be taught a lesson ????

    Knowingly using someone's credit card fraudulently? And maybe their bank account too?

    I doubt anyone on here wants to end up wearing an orange jumpsuit.
    His last sentence showed he was being facetious.

  13. #138

    Re: Yankees Ticket Exchange

    Quote Originally Posted by mandrake View Post
    Go to town with that info? Really? Who would be taught a lesson ????

    Knowingly using someone's credit card fraudulently? And maybe their bank account too?

    I doubt anyone on here wants to end up wearing an orange jumpsuit.
    Relax. The Ram Man was kidding. ("Cellmate")

  14. #139

    Re: Yankees Ticket Exchange

    Quote Originally Posted by yankeeprideU2 View Post
    Relax. The Ram Man was kidding. ("Cellmate")
    Sometimes humor can be subtle. Some get it. Some don't.
    I can't complain but sometimes I still do. - Joe Walsh

  15. #140
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    236

    Re: Yankees Ticket Exchange

    All kidding aside I would never fraudulently use someones credit card info. As for trying to reach out to this person, the account is linked to my email address. I do have a phone number but I feel awkward calling the person out of the blue to let them know.

  16. #141

    Re: Yankees Ticket Exchange

    Quote Originally Posted by jetercanotexarod View Post
    I feel awkward calling the person out of the blue to let them know.
    Do it anyway. Who knows how many other accounts this guy's information may be linked to? I'm sure he'd appreciate knowing that his information is not as secure as it should be.
    I can't complain but sometimes I still do. - Joe Walsh

  17. #142

    Re: Yankees Ticket Exchange

    Quote Originally Posted by jetercanotexarod View Post
    All kidding aside I would never fraudulently use someones credit card info. As for trying to reach out to this person, the account is linked to my email address. I do have a phone number but I feel awkward calling the person out of the blue to let them know.
    You'd be doing the right thing. If some guy had all your info I'm sure you would want to know.

  18. #143
    Addicted Member

    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Jersey

    Re: Yankees Ticket Exchange

    My first thought was not that this same guys info may be linked to other wrong accounts but that anyones account... meaning anyone on here that is a season ticket holders account could be showing up randomly under someone else. Whatever is causing this may not just be effecting this one account. If the Yanks haven't reached out to this Gary guy they aren't reaching out to anyone else whose information might be sitting in someone elses hands. Whatevs..most people, at least within this sub group of ticket holders, probably wouldn't do anything malicious with the information...I guess.

    eta I'd call to let him know and also find out if the Yankees notified him. They should have for his own financial safety and/or liability on the Yankees side or just as common courtesy. If they didn't tell him...then they wouldn't have told anyone else if they know it happened to others. I'm sure they sent Gary a note though...I guess.
    "Being the captain of the team, he always is there for us, and I appreciate that. He's my friend, my teammate and I love him." ~ Mariano Rivera about Derek Jeter.

  19. #144

    Re: Yankees Ticket Exchange

    Quote Originally Posted by Jersey View Post
    My first thought was not that this same guys info may be linked to other wrong accounts but that anyones account... meaning anyone on here that is a season ticket holders account could be showing up randomly under someone else. Whatever is causing this may not just be effecting this one account. If the Yanks haven't reached out to this Gary guy they aren't reaching out to anyone else whose information might be sitting in someone elses hands. Whatevs..most people, at least within this sub group of ticket holders, probably wouldn't do anything malicious with the information...I guess.

    eta I'd call to let him know and also find out if the Yankees notified him. They should have for his own financial safety and/or liability on the Yankees side or just as common courtesy. If they didn't tell him...then they wouldn't have told anyone else if they know it happened to others. I'm sure they sent Gary a note though...I guess.
    They waited a few days to let us know about the Ken Cleary screw up a couple years ago. It didn't happen until it went to the papers. I remember a few months later he was in the Great Hall and I was with a couple friends and said pointed to him and told them that's the guy who did the screw up.

    They will try to hope Gary doesn't find out and try to sweep this under the carpet. These days I don't trust anyone from any of the local area sports teams ticket offices.

  20. #145
    NYYF Legend

    GordonGecko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New York City

    Re: Yankees Ticket Exchange

    For anyone that's sold tickets on YTE, have you tested that they actually invalidated the barcodes like they're supposed to and the system works properly?

  21. #146
    NYYF Legend

    GordonGecko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New York City

    Re: Yankees Ticket Exchange

    Speaking about working properly, the yankees exchange site clearly does not. There seems to be a split personality on the site where some people on the internet see one set of listings, and another see a second. People may never see your tickets listed for sale:

    "This was interesting. Seems I was looking at the Yankees interactive seating map for tickets for sale – and not the one for the Yankees Ticket Exchange. Ticketmaster called me back and gave me the URL for the Ticket Exchange. It’s www.ticketsnow.com/Yankees. But, when you go to the Yankees site, and look for tickets, you get this URL: http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/ticke..._id=nyy&y=2013 – and, there’s no obvious link or mention of the Yankees Ticket Exchange. To find it, when you are on that page, you have to find the sidebar at the bottom right of the page with the header “Also In Tickets” and there, 13 links listed from the top, is a small link to the Yankees Ticket Exchange."

    http://waswatching.com/2013/03/27/ya...kets-for-sale/

  22. #147

    Re: Yankees Ticket Exchange

    So I have a 9 game package in the accessible 8th row of Terrace 321, Jim Beam area but no Jim Beam access. I've had these for a couple years now and always just sell on Stubhub but I went to post a couple on the new Yankees Ticket exchange tonight and the Price Floor is almost double my face value. The tickets are only $15 per ticket Face but the ticket exchange floor is $27.20! Honestly they'll probably sell around that price or higher but to only give me the option to sell at almost double face value or higher is kind of absurd.

  23. #148
    NYYFans Member Stick Michael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Long Island, NY

    Re: Yankees Ticket Exchange

    Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    Speaking about working properly, the yankees exchange site clearly does not. There seems to be a split personality on the site where some people on the internet see one set of listings, and another see a second. People may never see your tickets listed for sale:

    "This was interesting. Seems I was looking at the Yankees interactive seating map for tickets for sale – and not the one for the Yankees Ticket Exchange. Ticketmaster called me back and gave me the URL for the Ticket Exchange. It’s www.ticketsnow.com/Yankees. But, when you go to the Yankees site, and look for tickets, you get this URL: http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/ticke..._id=nyy&y=2013 – and, there’s no obvious link or mention of the Yankees Ticket Exchange. To find it, when you are on that page, you have to find the sidebar at the bottom right of the page with the header “Also In Tickets” and there, 13 links listed from the top, is a small link to the Yankees Ticket Exchange."

    http://waswatching.com/2013/03/27/ya...kets-for-sale/
    What a debacle.

  24. #149
    Forum Regular
    Fiftysixthst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Connecticut

    Re: Yankees Ticket Exchange

    Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    For anyone that's sold tickets on YTE, have you tested that they actually invalidated the barcodes like they're supposed to and the system works properly?
    Let me ask a simpler question. Has anyone actually sold any tickets on YTE?

    When you Google "Yankees Ticket Exchange" the very first (paid) result is a link that reads "Yankees Ticket Exchange" but actually takes you to TM for first-market tickets directly from the Yankees. Other results below that link will actually take you to YTE, but I think the placement of the paid ad is deceptive and likely intentional. Neither the team nor TM are going out of their way to drive traffic to YTE and I suspect they never will as long as they have inventory to move. (Which means they never will all season except perhaps OTD and the final regular season game.)

    Oh, by the way the TM pricing is now also undercutting not only the STH price but the imposed resale floor price on YTE. It's not surprising. If the team was willing to let Russell Martin go over a few bucks then why would they hesitate to hose hapless STH's?

    So this is the Yankee's version of a secondary market site? Dysfunctional and hidden and no real competition. Good luck fellow STH's who need to offload tickets just to be able to afford the plan.....

  25. #150
    NYYF Legend

    GordonGecko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New York City

    Re: Yankees Ticket Exchange

    Yeah it's impossible to find when you google. The reason is simple, there's no such thing as the Yankees Tickets Exchange. What actually exists is ticketsnow.com, and they have a page for every single team in every league, usually at stupid high fees of 10-15% to the seller and 17% to the buyer plus shipping.

    Instead of building a real ticket exchange, the Yankees got cheap and asked ticketmaster to slap a logo on the yankees page and open up a data link to exchange barcodes from plan holder accounts. That branded page, however, seems to conflict with a second duplicate page with higher fees and where STHs tickets don't show up.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts