+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast

Yankees Ticket Exchange

Got this from the Yankees this evening.

Dear Season Ticket Licensee:

Today marks the launch of the Yankees Ticket Exchange, the new official resale marketplace of the Yankees and yankees.com.

As a Yankees Season Ticket Licensee, you will be able to resell your tickets from your ticket license plan through the Yankees Ticket Exchange. It is a safe, convenient and affordable place for you to post your tickets for resale.

Beginning in March 2013, you will be able to sell your tickets by logging in to your My Yankees Account. You can then post your tickets for sale. You will be notified via email when the tickets are sold, and the buyer will receive the tickets instantly with Ticket Exchange verification. You will receive prompt payment for all ticket orders that you confirm and fill.

As an added benefit, your resale fee is limited to 5 percent of the purchase price of the resale transaction, as opposed to a resale fee of 15 percent of the purchase price, which is the current fee structure of other resale solutions.

For more detailed information on the Yankees Ticket Exchange, please visit www.yankees.com/ticketexchange. Thank you for your continued support.

I tried to go into my yankees account and sell tickets by clicking "manage my tickets", but nothing up yet. I guess the Yankees are still updating the system to integrate with TicketsNow? I figured it's best to start this thread.

No price floor, cheaper sell rate. Hopefully the team can market this well enough so we don't continue to take a bath.

NYYF Cy Young

Re: Yankees Ticket Exchange

Quote Originally Posted by snooplives View Post
    I tried to go into my yankees account and sell tickets by clicking "manage my tickets", but nothing up yet. I guess the Yankees are still updating the system to integrate with TicketsNow? I figured it's best to start this thread.

No price floor, cheaper sell rate. Hopefully the team can market this well enough so we don't continue to take a bath.
    Could it be this?: Beginning in March 2013, you will be able to sell your tickets

I talked to someone from the yankees ticket exchange using the 800 number on the website. She said that selling tickets from my yankees account mananger should be available in the next day or two. I got the email too saying that it will be available in early March. Hopefully it is sooner rather than later.

Still nothing yet. Apparently we wont be able to put any tickets up until we actually get the tickets next month.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinO194 View Post
    Still nothing yet. Apparently we wont be able to put any tickets up until we actually get the tickets next month.
    Used Yankees Ticket Exchange to list some of my ST tickets. Process is quick. Less than 1 minute per game. First you setup your account. They Direct Deposit all sales to the bank account you setup. To sell tickets you go into your Yankees Account - select manage tickets -sell - select the game and tix you want to list. Within seconds it brings up the barcodes. You put in your sell price and how long you want to list your seats for. You can select upto 3 hours before game time.

They show you recent ticket listings.

Overall quicker than StubHub. Not sure if Spring Training will get a lot of action but its a good test for the last two weeks of games that I won't be attending.

The 5% Selling Commission is sweet.

As soon as the Yankees assign the barcoded tickets to your account you should be able to list any games on the Ticket exchange. Unlikely we will have to wait till physical delivery of the tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesjohnny View Post
    Used Yankees Ticket Exchange to list some of my ST tickets. Process is quick. Less than 1 minute per game. First you setup your account. They Direct Deposit all sales to the bank account you setup. To sell tickets you go into your Yankees Account - select manage tickets -sell - select the game and tix you want to list. Within seconds it brings up the barcodes. You put in your sell price and how long you want to list your seats for. You can select upto 3 hours before game time.

Overall quicker than StubHub. Not sure if Spring Training will get a lot of action but its a good test for the last two weeks of games that I won't be attending.

I logged into my Yankees account and when. Click on manage tickets it is empty. I guess they haven't assigned my barcodes yet.

NYYF Legend

How long have you been working for the Yankees? serious question

Same q for you Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post

Same q for you Kevin
    I don't work for the Yankees. I guess that's why I can't list them. I called the ticket exchange and they said I have to call my rep. Seeing how I don't have an account rep still I called the general number and they said they won't be available for a few more weeks. This sucks for people that actually want to list them on the ticket exchange.
    Last edited by KevinO194; 02-15-13 at 07:00 PM. Reason: Spelling error

Same q for you Kevin
    I don't work for the Yankees. I went into my Spring Training ticket account today to see if the system was setup to sell tickets on the Yankees Exchange. Clicked on manage my tickets, then sell and it took me to an account creation screen. Once I did that it gives you a link back to your Yankees account. You select the game and seats you want to list and the barcodes come up. You fill in your fixed selling price or choose one of the other pricing options. Final step is to select your end of sale date. You hit enter it asked you to confirm the listing then presents you with a link back to your Yankees account. Two minutes or so later you get a confirmation email. I didn't try to list multiple games at once. End to end process is about a minute maybe less after doing it a few times.

NYYF Legend

I don't work for the Yankees.
    Oh ok, sorry my bad. Hey I like your profile picture by the way. That's a great view from your full time season seats:

Did you take that picture last year? Ah wait, you couldn't have since you were in 422 last year:

I actually had a 20 game plan last year in 422 row 8. I was able to attend the seat relocation event for full season ticket holders and was able to upgrade to a full season in section 420A row 3 along the isle. I have alot of friends and coworkers that are going to buy some games from me at face value and I plan on selling all of the Premium ones for some profit if I can. Check with me this time next year to see if it was a good decision or not.
    But it's a good thing you got those new seats during the full season holder event even though you were a partial holder, right buddy?

NYYF Legend

I don't work for the Yankees. I went into my Spring Training ticket account today to see if the system was setup to sell tickets on the Yankees Exchange. Clicked on manage my tickets, then sell and it took me to an a count creation screen. Once I did that it gives you a link back to your Yankees account. You select the game and seats you want to list and the barcodes come up. You fill in your fixed selling price or choose one of the other pricing options. Final step is to select your end of sale date. You hit enter it asked you to confirm the listing then presents you with a link back to your Yankees account. Two minutes or so later you get a confirmation email. I didn't try to list multiple games at once. End to end process is about a minute maybe less after doing it a few times.
    It's SO EASY, like OMG, totally better than

ahahahahahaha

It's SO EASY, like OMG, totally better than

ahahahahahaha
    One other item. The tickets get listed on the standard TicketNow site. The only difference is the tix are labeled as instant download.

Oh ok, sorry my bad. Hey I like your profile picture by the way. That's a great view from your full time season seats:

Did you take that picture last year? Ah wait, you couldn't have since you were in 422 last year:

But it's a good thing you got those new seats during the full season holder event even though you were a partial holder, right buddy?
    Thanks. I did take that picture last year. I took it after a game I went to after the seat relocation event. I was a partial season ticket holder last year in 422. Now I upgraded to a full season in 420A. I don't get what your point is?

Meanwhile...out on the West Coast :

Angels Baseball announces launch of
    official Angels Ticket Exchange for fans
    Angels Ticket Exchange to offer Season Ticket Holders a low 5% seller fee on the industry's most secure site through exclusive partnership with Ticketmaster

The Los Angeles Angels announced the club is partnering with Ticketmaster to create "Angels Ticket Exchange," the only official online resale marketplace for Angels fans to purchase and resell tickets to Angel games. "Angels Ticket Exchange" can be accessed online through "My Angels Account" for Season Ticket Holders posting tickets for sale, and will utilize the resale platform powered by Ticketmaster's integrated barcode transfer technology, which validates all tickets purchased to assure authenticity, and then reissues the tickets with new barcodes when the tickets are resold. The Angels will soon announce the targeted date when Angels Ticket Exchange will go live for fans looking to purchase tickets.

"Angel Fans can trust and rely on the program, as it is designed with our most important customers in mind," said Angels owner Arte Moreno. "Through our partnership with Ticketmaster, our fans will be able to shop the Angels Ticket Exchange with confidence knowing all Angel tickets sold on our official website are authentic and that the program is an extension of the Angel Baseball experience," he added.

"Angels Ticket Exchange" is integrated with Ticketmaster's exclusive barcode verification technology providing fans with the ultimate in security and convenience. Specifically, Season Ticket Holders who manage their season tickets through angels.com will be entitled to list their tickets directly by logging on to their "My Angels Account." Additionally, with the integration of "Angels Ticket Exchange," Season Seat Holders' tickets will be prominently merchandised on the website and offered as "instant delivery" for fans to print within minutes of purchasing.

Tickets can be purchased and electronically delivered up to the day of game. In addition, Angel Season Seat Holders who manage and list their tickets through "My Angels Account" are entitled to a preferred resellers' transaction fee limited to 5% of the purchase price, as opposed to the higher 15% fee of the purchase price on competitive resale websites. Furthermore, the "Angels Ticket Exchange" will feature print-at-home technology, which enables buyers to conveniently download and print their tickets, versus the less convenient methods of delayed ticket delivery via courier service or pick-up at a location off the venue.

Angels Ticket Exchange will be available for all Angels regular season games played at Angel Stadium of Anaheim.

Quote Originally Posted by mandrake View Post
    Meanwhile...out on the West Coast :

Angels Baseball announces launch of
    official Angels Ticket Exchange for fans
    Angels Ticket Exchange to offer Season Ticket Holders a low 5% seller fee on the industry's most secure site through exclusive partnership with Ticketmaster

The Los Angeles Angels announced the club is partnering with Ticketmaster to create "Angels Ticket Exchange," the only official online resale marketplace for Angels fans to purchase and resell tickets to Angel games. "Angels Ticket Exchange" can be accessed online through "My Angels Account" for Season Ticket Holders posting tickets for sale, and will utilize the resale platform powered by Ticketmaster's integrated barcode transfer technology, which validates all tickets purchased to assure authenticity, and then reissues the tickets with new barcodes when the tickets are resold. The Angels will soon announce the targeted date when Angels Ticket Exchange will go live for fans looking to purchase tickets.

"Angel Fans can trust and rely on the program, as it is designed with our most important customers in mind," said Angels owner Arte Moreno. "Through our partnership with Ticketmaster, our fans will be able to shop the Angels Ticket Exchange with confidence knowing all Angel tickets sold on our official website are authentic and that the program is an extension of the Angel Baseball experience," he added.

"Angels Ticket Exchange" is integrated with Ticketmaster's exclusive barcode verification technology providing fans with the ultimate in security and convenience. Specifically, Season Ticket Holders who manage their season tickets through angels.com will be entitled to list their tickets directly by logging on to their "My Angels Account." Additionally, with the integration of "Angels Ticket Exchange," Season Seat Holders' tickets will be prominently merchandised on the website and offered as "instant delivery" for fans to print within minutes of purchasing.

Tickets can be purchased and electronically delivered up to the day of game. In addition, Angel Season Seat Holders who manage and list their tickets through "My Angels Account" are entitled to a preferred resellers' transaction fee limited to 5% of the purchase price, as opposed to the higher 15% fee of the purchase price on competitive resale websites. Furthermore, the "Angels Ticket Exchange" will feature print-at-home technology, which enables buyers to conveniently download and print their tickets, versus the less convenient methods of delayed ticket delivery via courier service or pick-up at a location off the venue.

Angels Ticket Exchange will be available for all Angels regular season games played at Angel Stadium of Anaheim.
    Sounds like the same thing as the Yankees. At least they arent the only ones.

So is it true you will not be able to download your tickets to SH and you will only be able to forward your hard tickets via Fedex when you use SH?

Since the Yankees and Angels seem to have the exact same set up, I guess it is a ticketmaster versus stubhub showdown. 2 teams have chosen ticketmaster, and the rest stubhub. I have always looked at ticketmaster as a series of rip offs (i.e high fees, sell outs in mere minutes, routing to their own secondary sights...and scalping) so right now I prefer stub hub. Now if stubhub can reduce its fees to something more reasonable than 15% for sellers AND 10% for buyers.............

Since the Yankees and Angels seem to have the exact same set up, I guess it is a ticketmaster versus stubhub showdown. 2 teams have chosen ticketmaster, and the rest stubhub. I have always looked at ticketmaster as a series of rip offs (i.e high fees, sell outs in mere minutes, routing to their own secondary sights...and scalping) so right now I prefer stub hub. Now if stubhub can reduce its fees to something more reasonable than 15% for sellers AND 10% for buyers.............
    You have to separate Ticketmaster from their reselling branch. The reason everything sells out in minutes is a combination of bots that brokers use, and the artist reserving blocks of seats for fan clubs, presales, record company execs, etc.

Their fees are escalating, but look at it this way... When I was a kid, the only way to get tickets was to go to the box office or call the box office...
    Ticketmaster comes along and I was able to go to the mall or local record shop and pay a few extra dollars for the ability to not go to the box office.
    Now....You can do it on the internet, and they have creditcard fees, a website to pay for, security, and other expenses. I agree that theirs fees are high... but it's better than going to the mall and standing out in the cold for hours at a time.

I agree that the fees are high. I just vote with my wallet. Sometimes it's worth it because I want to go to the event, sometimes it's not because I think the secondary market will be cheaper, and sometimes I lose out because I make a wrong decision.

Now if stubhub can reduce its fees to something more reasonable than 15% for sellers AND 10% for buyers.............
    They have no reason to do this. They sell more tickets than the NFL ticket exchange, and I'm sure in the instance with the Yankees and Angels, they'll do better as well. If Ticketsnow takes off, and gives them an incentive, they will have to adapt. Right now, they are printing money.

Quote Originally Posted by superyan View Post
    They have no reason to do this. They sell more tickets than the NFL ticket exchange, and I'm sure in the instance with the Yankees and Angels, they'll do better as well. If Ticketsnow takes off, and gives them an incentive, they will have to adapt. Right now, they are printing money.
    Time will tell. Not sure why any Yankees Plan Holder will sell on Stub Hub instead of the ticket exchange. Marketplace will continue to set the ticket price. As long as there are no floors on the Yankees Ticket Exchange the buyer will be provided the best situation. Tickets that are verified and can be immediately printed upto 3 hours before game time versus Fedex or pickup in the Bronx. For MSG events Stubhub charges $15.00 for pickup on top of the other fees.

Time will tell. Not sure why any Yankees Plan Holder will sell on Stub Hub instead of the ticket exchange. Marketplace will continue to set the ticket price. As long as there are no floors on the Yankees Ticket Exchange the buyer will be provided the best situation. Tickets that are verified and can be immediately printed upto 3 hours before game time versus Fedex or pickup in the Bronx. For MSG events Stubhub charges $15.00 for pickup on top of the other fees.
    I actually forgot about the $15 fee, but I can see them waiving it to stick it to the Yankees.
    StubHub's cut off will be game time and you can still buy etickets. You'll just have to upload them manually. I understand that StubHub is charging a higher fee, but their website is better, and it's where all the traffic is. Time will tell. I've been wrong before.

I actually forgot about the $15 fee, but I can see them waiving it to stick it to the Yankees.
    StubHub's cut off will be game time and you can still buy etickets. You'll just have to upload them manually. I understand that StubHub is charging a higher fee, but their website is better, and it's where all the traffic is. Time will tell. I've been wrong before.
    It's my understanding there will be no etickets available outside the Yankees.com site using new technology that the Yanks will be using for Ticket Forwarding and Print At Home.

NYYF Cy Young

My 80 yo father knows about SH . . . .

It's my understanding there will be no etickets available outside the Yankees.com site using new technology that the Yanks will be using for Ticket Forwarding and Print At Home.

Any NYY tickets purchased directly through TM would still have Ticketfast available. Can a STH confirm that you will still be able to save a PDF of a ticket so that you could if you so desired upload that PDF to StubHub

Thread Information