+ Reply to Thread
    R-I-P, Mr. Nelson Mandela Jersey Yankee's Avatar
    Formerly Brooklyn & Joisey; now just right behind you ... BOO!!!

Registered last month, but here I am anyway.

My handle is Jersey Yankee, I'm a Yankee fan who's a devoted cheerer and can at least be honest about our guys out there. Not totally a history buff, but have at least read the sports pages the past few decades.

I refuse to exit the apartment without at least some piece of Yankee merchandise on, especially weekends. My favorite all-time players are Yogi and Reggie, though Whitey Ford, Catfish, Goose, ex-mgr Billy Martin and countless others would obviously deserve special honors and worthy mention.

I sometimes like to discuss what the Yanks should do as far as moves are concerned, but will admit I need to get out and see the game much more frequently.

That's about it. Hope you like my posts and we can be good buddies and chatmates soon. See ya soon.
    Dr King (1929-68): Make the Dream a Reality.
    RIP, Nelson Mandela, Jackie #42 & Rosa Parks; Ali: Get up…get up; Isaac Hayes; Stevie Wonder: Isn't She Lovely?; Dr J: Fear the 'Fro; Smokin' Joe

WELCOME!! Happy posting!
    Harry the K's Legends: 2009 Champs, 2010 Ruth Division Champions

R.I.P Harry Kalas...Say hi to whitey for me

pitching wins championships. Eddie160's Avatar
    welcome !
    [B][FONT=Comic Sans MS]though I may live in Jacksonville Fl my heart is still in Brooklyn. Born a Yankees fan will die a Yankees fan. [/FONT][/B]

NYYF Legend

Welcome Jersey. I hear ya about the wearing of merchandise. My wife bought me a gold chain and a interlocking gold and it's like the card, I don't leave home without it.
    If you understand,
    things are just as they are;
    If you do not understand,
    things are just as they are.
    Zen proverb

Calendar of Updates
    www.calendarofupdates.com

Hi Jersey Yankee! Glad to see you started to post after a month of looking around! You'll find this is a great place to talk to your fellow Yankee fans!

Keep smiling and welcome...

To be sane is more dramatic than to be mad - GK Chesterton, Orthodoxy

To one and all, I thank you so much for your thoughts. I'll try my best to offer something productive to the forum and be a good person to deal with.

Originally posted by bagger015
    Welcome Jersey. I hear ya about the wearing of merchandise. My wife bought me a gold chain and a interlocking gold and it's like the card, I don't leave home without it.
    I dress semi-casual at my job, so when I go to the mall and find an NYY polo shirt or a Yankee denim shirt, I wear it. The "suits" out there seem to snicker when they see this but they know I love my team.

I may need to get more into fantasy baseball, since a buddy of mine (who happens to root for an NL team near LAG Airport) has asked me to try it. I'll see.

I just hope the Yanks plan thoughtfully and win one game at a time. Tonight's Game #2 against Seattle seems to be one I'd like to win, just as Andy's game #3 I'd also like our guys to win.

3 Cheers!!!
    RIP, Nelson Mandela, Jackie #42 & Rosa Parks; Ali: Get up…get up; Isaac Hayes; Stevie Wonder: Isn't She Lovely?; Dr J: Fear the 'Fro; Smokin' Joe

Addicted Member

Welcome aboard Jersey Yankee!
    ~A friendly Red Sox fan~

WELCOME! We're glad to have you here.

To ClayBelle and SkooterPhil#10, I thank you very much. All others out there giving greetings or simply saying hello, I thank you also.

Three Cheers!!!

NYYF Triple Crown

Welcome and Enjoy!

DW Fan, I thank you for welcoming me.

Enjoy + Three Cheers!!!

Welcome aboard!

PinstripePride (love your handle, BTW), I hadn't realized I was still getting compliments, but hey, how can a guy ask for more? Appreciated.

Re: Registered last month, but here I am anyway.

Originally posted by Jersey Yankee
    My handle is Jersey Yankee, I'm a Yankee fan who's a devoted cheerer and can at least be honest about our guys out there. Not totally a history buff, but have at least read the sports pages the past few decades.

I refuse to exit the apartment without at least some piece of Yankee merchandise on, especially weekends. My favorite all-time players are Yogi and Reggie, though Whitey Ford, Catfish, Goose, ex-mgr Billy Martin and countless others would obviously deserve special honors and worthy mention.

I sometimes like to discuss what the Yanks should do as far as moves are concerned, but will admit I need to get out and see the game much more frequently.

That's about it. Hope you like my posts and we can be good buddies and chatmates soon. See ya soon.
    Belated welcome

Go back to Brooklyn...

NYYF Legend

Welcome..I think you'll be a regular poster here but that's just my opinion..
    Let's Go Yankees!

Originally posted by DJeter1287
    Welcome..I think you'll be a regular poster here but that's just my opinion..
    Originally posted by NYYFAN
    Go back to Brooklyn...

Owner of a coconut bra. Yankchic22's Avatar
    Why are we digging up all these old threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_E
    Oh yeah, things are always better when Randi's around.

Originally posted by Yankchic22
    Why are we digging up all these old threads?
    OK, OK, The quirky one confesses,
    I finally got around to taping, NBC's 75th Anniversary, (three hour special)from my receiver's hard drive to a VCR tape. Eliminating the commercials was time consuming, so I turned on the computer.
    I'm a nostalgia buff. It was great seeing the TV stars then and now.
    To make a long story short, I decided to read all the INTRODUCTIONS here. It was fun and informative, and I thought others would enjoy it.
    I apologize to anyone I offended.

Originally posted by oo

OK, OK, The quirky one confesses,
    I finally got around to taping, NBC's 75th Anniversary, (three hour special)from my receiver's hard drive to a VCR tape. Eliminating the commercials was time consuming, so I turned on the computer.
    I'm a nostalgia buff. It was great seeing the TV stars then and now.
    To make a long story short, I decided to read all the INTRODUCTIONS here. It was fun and informative, and I thought others would enjoy it.
    I apologize to anyone I offended.
    I can't speak for everyone but you didn't offend me I actually thought it was pretty funny...
    Goodbye Pettitte..I will miss you forever...
    Goodluck in Houston....

NYYF Legend

Me too. I thought it was interesting to get a glimpse of the forum regulars as newbies!
    You know you're an addict when you put Crackbook on your Crackberry. -Toaderly

Hey, welcome aboard Brad!
    Thank you, 2013-2014 New York Rangers for a great season!

NYYFans Fantasy Baseball:
    CBS: Evil Empire
    Yahoo: Special OPS

Thread Information