View Poll Results: Where do you think Arod's status will be on 9/1/13?

Voters
105. You may not vote on this poll
  • NYY Active Roster

52 49.52%
  • NYY Disabld List

20 19.05%
  • NYY Suspended List

16 15.24%
  • NYY Ineligible List

0 0%
  • NYY Disqualified List

3 2.86%
  • On another ML team

2 1.90%
  • Retired

7 6.67%
  • Other

5 4.76%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Where will Arod be on September 1st, 2013

A poll to help pass the time before Spring Training ...

What will Arods status be on September 1st, 2013?

Below is Wikipedia's explanation for some of the lists:

Disqualified list - Players who violate their player contract. Players on this list do not count towards the Reserved List or Active List limits. A player may remain on this list for two consecutive years before he is removed. A player who is "Disqualified" is deemed "suspended" on the official MLB transaction report.

Ineligible list - Players found guilty of serious misconduct (gambling, tanking, bribery, violence to umpires). Players on this list do not count towards the Reserved List or Active List limits. A player may remain on this list for two consecutive years before he is removed.

Suspended list - A player may be suspended by his club or the league for insubordination, misconduct, or failure to report in playing condition. A player on this lists counts both towards the Reserve List and the Active List limits.
    “Everything looks nicer when you win. The girls are prettier, the cigars taste better. The trees are greener.”—Billy Martin

NYYF Triple Crown

Re: Where will Arod be on September 1st, 2013

Where do I "think" he'll be?
    Unfortunately probably back on the team.

Where do I "hope" he'll be?
    Fishing, tanning, and clubbing down in South Beach as a former member of the Yankees.
    Jimmy G. (Seniority 03/28/1994)
    1994-2008: Main Res MVP Sec. 14, Row G
    2009: Section 330, Row 6
    2010: Section 233A, Row 20
    2011: Section 229, Row 16 *All Sunday Plans*
    2012: No longer STH, liberated!

NYYF Legend

on Dancing With The Stars with Lindsay Lothan as his partner.
    No Rally Monkeys, Towels or hankies
    Just 50,000 fans of the New York Yankees.

Starting 3b
    Thank you for making me calm today, Brett Gardner

Quote Originally Posted by StingrayJG View Post
    Where do I "think" he'll be?
    Unfortunately probably back on the team.

Where do I "hope" he'll be?
    Fishing, tanning, and clubbing down in South Beach as a former member of the Yankees.
    sums it up nicely.

Cashing another check.
    I can't complain but sometimes I still do. - Joe Walsh

NYYF Triple Crown

Two beautiful rural acres in Windham, Maine

Posting in this forum as TicTac13.
    Yankee fan living in Maine.

NYYF Legend

I think A Rod will get a 50 game suspension which won't start until he is able to come off the DL.
    Last edited by ymike673; 02-01-13 at 11:23 AM.

NYYF Triple Crown

Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    I think A Rod will get a 50 game suspension which won't start until he is able to come of the DL.
    Considering that this would not be his first offense, wouldn't the suspension be more severe?

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by apalradio View Post
    Considering that this would not be his first offense, wouldn't the suspension be more severe?
    Well, technically, it is his "2nd" offense, but he couldn't be disciplined for the admission in '09 given when his use supposedly took place. So for the purposes of this matter, it would be treated as a first offense.

NYYF Triple Crown

Sounds like the Yankees at least have it in mind to treat it more severely than that. Be interesting to see what happens.

NYYF Legend

I think A Rod will get a 50 game suspension which won't start until he is able to come of the DL.

Nice thought, but so far there isn't enough proof for a suspension. If he is guilty, you can be sure he's covered his tracks. With all the money he has made and has coming he can easily grease the wheels necessary to completely cover his tracks.

Andy
    Yogi is a National Treasure. Let's put him in a National Hall of Fame. The man has no peers.

NYYF Legend

When was his first offense? I am not defending him just trying to sort out the facts from the emotion.

ARod did admit using PEDS when he was with Texas, but as far as I remember, nothing came of it. He was issued no punishment

Andy
    Yogi is a National Treasure. Let's put him in a National Hall of Fame. The man has no peers.

NYYF Legend

Sounds like the Yankees at least have it in mind to treat it more severely than that. Be interesting to see what happens.

Again, what the Yankees and we want to see happen is unrealistic. The Players union would never allow the Yankees to void his contract. The contract with the players union strictly prohibits any team from voiding a contract of a player proven to have used PEDs

There has been speculation that the Yankees might try to work something out financially with ARod to shorten his contract in return for some sort of a buyout. But think about it dispassionately. What is in it for ARod to let the Yankees off the hook? Why would he accept a buyout and not let the contract go to termination and get the full contract value? The choices the Yankee have is to not play him or to release him. In either case he gets paid the full amount of the contract. There is no way the Yankees will be able to get out of this very bad deal. Lets hope management learns a lesson from this and applies it to Cano's upcoming contract negotiations. A ten year contract for him would be sheer idiocy

IMHO, of course

Andy

Andy

Addicted Member

Posting in this forum as TicTac13.
    Nah. His user name will be Cacique.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Nome View Post
    Nice thought, but so far there isn't enough proof for a suspension. If he is guilty, you can be sure he's covered his tracks. With all the money he has made and has coming he can easily grease the wheels necessary to completely cover his tracks.

Andy
    MLB could suspend ARod...

Baseball can suspend Rodriguez or any of the other players without a positive test. In what is known as a non-analytic positive, they will need documentary evidence -- a sworn affidavit from Bosch, or a prescription from a doctor for a banned substance -- that would convince an independent arbitrator.
    http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/stor...ording-sources

However, if they acted sooner than later, he would serve while rehabbing his hip, so it would be pretty meaningless.....
    Goin for 2<strike>7</strike>8!

Sunny days ahead YankeePride1967's Avatar

Actually him being on the DL or not will have no bearing on when a potential 50 game suspension would start. If the investigation is done May 1 and he's still on the DL and a 50 game suspension is announced then, it would also start then.

NYYF Legend

He'll be on the active roster, probably DHing more that playing 3B
    The real reason why the Yankees keep winning is cause the other team can't stop staring at the damn pinstripes

Please, call me YFiB Yankee Fan in Boston's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    Actually him being on the DL or not will have no bearing on when a potential 50 game suspension would start. If the investigation is done May 1 and he's still on the DL and a 50 game suspension is announced then, it would also start then.
    Didn't MLB turn their evidence over to the DEA? I think there's a good chance this investigation takes quite a while
    "Welcome to NYYFans, the place where Yankees fans come together to complain about the manner in which our team is winning games" -- Mr. Coffee

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Fan in Boston View Post
    Didn't MLB turn their evidence over to the DEA? I think there's a good chance this investigation takes quite a while
    I do too and it wouldn't shock me if this even spilled into 2014. I was just indicating that whether or not Alex is on the DL at the time will have no bearing on when the suspension would start.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    If that's true that really makes no sense. How are you penalizing a player by suspending him when he can't play anyway?

If that's true that really makes no sense. How are you penalizing a player by suspending him when he can't play anyway?
    Well - there's always the issue of the league taking away 50 games worth of salary...
    “Begin each day as if it were on purpose........”—Alex Hitchens

Please, call me YFiB Yankee Fan in Boston's Avatar

I assume he wouldn't get paid
    "Welcome to NYYFans, the place where Yankees fans come together to complain about the manner in which our team is winning games" -- Mr. Coffee

I agree it is dumb, but the MLBPA views the lost paycheck as the punishment.

NYYF Legend

hmm, misread the poll. Thought it was asking about 4/1, not 9/1

Thread Information