+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Please, call me YFiB Yankee Fan in Boston's Avatar

Re: Miami sports clinic reveals names of PED users.

Quote Originally Posted by effdamets View Post

Mabye his cousin is a user....
    Exactly. And A-Rod was just giving him transportation to the clinic
    "Welcome to NYYFans, the place where Yankees fans come together to complain about the manner in which our team is winning games" -- Mr. Coffee

Someone in another thread pointed out that the "office files" they showed a picture of showed him having a blood test. Hard to see how someone else could do that for him. There's also be a record from the lab that ran the blood
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdvM0IB5Sbs

MICRO PASSIVE/MICRO AGGRESSIVE

First Name: Keninovich hardrain's Avatar

amazing, Gonzalez and Melky have career years on the juice and A-Rod still declines on the juice. oh well....I rally don't think we see him this year now at all. They would add the 50 games after he is ready.
    We toast to the old days and DiMaggio too,
    Billy Martin and Mantle, Whitey Ford and to you

NYYF Legend

Yankees Working To Void Alex Rodriguez's Contract
    http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/0...-contract.html

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    As I recall, they "explored multiple avenues" to try to void Giambi's contract, too. This will work just as well.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    As I recall, they "explored multiple avenues" to try to void Giambi's contract, too. This will work just as well.
    They didn't have the "morals clause" in Giambi's contract ( for whatever reason ) It's in Al's and could be part of a basis for action

We know Al's a proud dude ( part of the motivation for using PED's probably ) is he gonna want to deal w/ the hostility @ the Stadium and on the road? Even is he comes back and rakes, he'll be a pariah. If he doesn't produce, it'll be very ugly

We should all be so lucky.
    "Baseball is about hope, not confidence." -- rajah

Quote Originally Posted by ieddyi View Post
    They didn't have the "morals clause" in Giambi's contract ( for whatever reason ) It's in Al's and could be part of a basis for action

We know Al's a proud dude ( part of the motivation for using PED's probably ) is he gonna want to deal w/ the hostility @ the Stadium and on the road? Even is he comes back and rakes, he'll be a pariah. If he doesn't produce, it'll be very ugly
    He's been dealing with hostility at the Stadium for years.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

NYYF Cy Young

In my dreams, maybe
    The Bob Loblaw Law Blog

Please, call me YFiB Yankee Fan in Boston's Avatar

I don't think there's any chance the morality clause angle would work. Repercussions for PEDs are specifically outlined in the CBA, and vague language in a player contract isn't going to supersede that. All the other stuff sounds like it could be grounds for suspension, but not the voiding of a contract.
    "Welcome to NYYFans, the place where Yankees fans come together to complain about the manner in which our team is winning games" -- Mr. Coffee

NYYF Legend

Until MLB makes PED usage grounds for a lifetime ban on the first offense, there will always be somebody who is going to try to get away with it, IMO. Even then, I wouldn't be surprised if someone was still caught.

A-Rod was going to be the guy who broke the record clean. Then came the admission from him that he did use PED's. Okay - he faced MLB, fans and the team. At least he didn't try to claim the positive test result was from cough medicine, vitamin B12 or some other ridiculous source. So we're willing to put that in the past and move on. A second time? No way you get another "Get Out of Jail Free" card. If the lifetime ban was in place, would there have been a second time? I'd like to think not, but if my body is breaking down or I don't have what it takes to stay at the pro level, I grasp at every advantage out there....even if it's banned. I might just be desperate enough to try it and hope I slip through the cracks.
    September 28, 2008 - the day the HOF got a wake-up Moose call.

Add our old friend, Jesus Montero, to the list.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...icle-1.1256495

Quote Originally Posted by ArodEra View Post
    Add our old friend, Jesus Montero, to the list.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...icle-1.1256495
    "Bosch told Nunez that Cabrera owes him $14,000, including a $5,000 bonus because Cabrera, then with the San Francisco Giants, made the National League All-Star team. Cabrera was named the MVP of the game."

LOL a drug dealer with a performance bonus in his contract

Also Bruan paid Bosch 20-30K for work as a "consultant"

Riiiiiight

NYYF HOF

I really hope Braun goes down in all of this. He acts all high and mighty and vindicated because he got off on a technicality.

Quote Originally Posted by pjfan View Post
    I really hope Braun goes down in all of this. He acts all high and mighty and vindicated because he got off on a technicality.
    I'm with you
    Thank you for making me calm today, Brett Gardner

Amen. A year later his smug "I won" press conference during ST last year still bothers me.

You were guilty as hell pal. You may cast the shadow of doubt on your fanbase but it still doesnt change the fact that you got off on the mother of all technicalities.
    “He's a clown. Guy says he's from the 209, what the ................ is that?

-CC Sabathia on Dallas Braden

NYYF Legend

There should be a rule that says players are banned from visiting any clinics or "doctors" in Florida

There should be a rule that says players are banned from visiting any clinics or "doctors" in Florida
    Mitch Williams actually brought up a great point last night (yeah, I know). These players are so pampered and such in their clubhouses and have everything they need at their whim. If they are going outside the clubhouse to get "supplements" or help of any kind, odds are it is illegal.
    “He's a clown. Guy says he's from the 209, what the ................ is that?

-CC Sabathia on Dallas Braden

Totally agree. I hope the Feds get involved and subpoena these guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Chacon View Post
    Amen. A year later his smug "I won" press conference during ST last year still bothers me.

You were guilty as hell pal. You may cast the shadow of doubt on your fanbase but it still doesnt change the fact that you got off on the mother of all technicalities.
    Eh. Oliver North's been doing that for 25 years.
    - Barry Manilow

NYYF Legend

"Bosch told Nunez that Cabrera owes him $14,000, including a $5,000 bonus because Cabrera, then with the San Francisco Giants, made the National League All-Star team. Cabrera was named the MVP of the game."

LOL a drug dealer with a performance bonus in his contract

Also Bruan paid Bosch 20-30K for work as a "consultant"

Riiiiiight
    I don't buy it either but when you think of what 50 days lost pay would mean to Braun's bank account, $30K is chump change if the "consulting" helped him beat the wrap.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

NYYF Legend

http://www.tsn.ca/mlb/story/?id=415328

Cervelli, who spent nearly all of last season in Triple-A, posted a statement on Twitter later Tuesday night.

"Following my foot injury in March 2011, I consulted with a number of experts, including BioGenesis Clinic, for (cont)," Cervelli posted, "(cont)legal ways to aid my rehab and recovery. I purchased supplements that I am certain were not prohibited by Major League Baseball."

I think he should ask for a refund.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    I don't buy it either but when you think of what 50 days lost pay would mean to Braun's bank account, $30K is chump change if the "consulting" helped him beat the wrap.
    Don't be naive man, the "consulting" was more than likely Braun showing up to say "****, I just got busted for what I did 3 months ago, and now I'm on other stuff and they're going to test me again, how do I mask the drug levels in my bloodstream ASAP???"

Addicted Member

There is another Miami based trainer involved named Cesar Pauiblini, who was being investigated by MLB last summer for his connections to Bartolo Colon. Paublini is also tied to Melky, Arod, and Nelson Cruz.

As part of its investigation after Cabrera's suspension, MLB is taking a closer look at his agents, Sam and Seth Levinson, by questioning a former client and associates, two people with direct knowledge of the investigation told USA TODAY Sports on condition of anonymity because the details of the probe are confidential. The investigation, which is being led by MLB vice president for labor relations Dan Halem, is also examining Cabrera's trainer, Cesar Paublini, the people said.
    Paublini, a former Venezuelan bodybuilder, began training Cabrera after the 2010 season, and Cabrera followed up with the two most productive seasons of his eight-year career.
    http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sport...ded/57223842/1

This is from the NYDN shortly before Melky's suspension last year

Following Cabrera's dismal season with the Braves, he was signed by the Royals, considered baseball purgatory due to the club's long playoff drought. But Cabrera made two astute decisions before the 2011 season began that ultimately paved the way for a career renaissance: he moved close to A-Rod's Miami home to work on hitting with the Yankee star and he also hired personal trainer Cesar Paublini to get him in shape.

"When I met Melky, he didn't know anything about training methods or nutrition," says Paublini. "He was totally lost."

Paublini - a former Venezuelan bodybuilder who has trained major leaguers Omar Infante, Nelson Cruz and Magglio Ordonez, among others, says he trained Cabrera for three months straight, six days a week (including Christmas Eve and Christmas Day) during the 2010 and 2011 winters, "doing weight training, agility drills, speed explosion, biometrics."

"He already had the baseball skills, but he wasn't in shape and wasn't eating properly to match those skills," says Paublini. Cabrera says two or three days a week he would meet with A-Rod where the two would hit together in a batting cage.

"I didn't necessarily encourage Melky (to move to Miami). He felt it was going to be better for his career to get in an environment that was conducive to him training six days a week," says Rodriguez. "He wanted to get into a nutritional program and do all the right things to elevate his career. I think he's done that."
    http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...icle-1.1109739

I really hope that Braun gets cleared of this just to stick it in whoever is involved in this witch hunt. It never ends. I feel bad for him. And many here are already saying he's guilty. It's terrible that even now he is guilty until proven innocent. He very well may be guilty but these pictures or whatever don't mean squat until it's proven.
    You're a stranger til she whispers you can stay.
    You're a stranger til she whispers that your journey's over.

NYYFans Fantasy Baseball:
    CBS: Evil Empire
    Yahoo: Special OPS

Thread Information