+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 139
  1. #1

    Miami sports clinic reveals names of PED users.

    I posted this in the A-Rod thread, but it probably should have it's own as they name more than just him.

    http://www.miaminewtimes.com/2013-01...biggest-names/

    [...]check out the main column, where their real names flash like an all-star roster of professional athletes with Miami ties: San Francisco Giants outfielder Melky Cabrera, Oakland A's hurler Bartolo Colón, pro tennis player Wayne Odesnik, budding Cuban superstar boxer Yuriorkis Gamboa, and Texas Rangers slugger Nelson Cruz. There's even the New York Yankees' $275 million man himself, Alex Rodriguez, who has sworn he stopped juicing a decade ago.

    Read further and you'll find more than a dozen other baseball pros, from former University of Miami ace Cesar Carrillo to Padres catcher Yasmani Grandal to Washington Nationals star Gio Gonzalez. Notable coaches are there too, including UM baseball conditioning guru Jimmy Goins.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

  2. #2
    NYYF Legend

    35Knucklecurve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Maryland branches, Pennsylvania roots

    Re: Miami sports clinic reveals names of PED users.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    I posted this in the A-Rod thread, but it probably should have it's own as they name more than just him.

    http://www.miaminewtimes.com/2013-01...biggest-names/
    Oh no - not Gio Gonzalez......

    I'v always disliked the U of Miami, but for some reason I could never quite say why. Just something about the entire football program bothered me.....as do all the Florida college football programs. I'm not saying they're alone in this, but they seemed to be "in on it" for a long time. My apologies in advance to any here who attend or have attended these schools.
    September 28, 2008 - the day the HOF got a wake-up Moose call.

  3. #3

    Re: Miami sports clinic reveals names of PED users.

    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

  4. #4

    Re: Miami sports clinic reveals names of PED users.

    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

  5. #5
    Hello dum-dum... effdamets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    In front of the TV

    Re: Miami sports clinic reveals names of PED users.

    I wonder if MLB can do anything without failed test results?
    “Begin each day as if it were on purpose........”—Alex Hitchens

  6. #6
    let's go rangers! Hitman23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Long Island

    Re: Miami sports clinic reveals names of PED users.

    Quote Originally Posted by 35Knucklecurve View Post
    Oh no - not Gio Gonzalez......
    This screws my keeper lot this year. Eff.
    Boo for trading Prado.

  7. #7
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Brooklyn

    Re: Miami sports clinic reveals names of PED users.

    Gio Gonzalez@GioGonzalez47 I've never used performance enhancing drugs of any kind and I never will ,I've never met or spoken with tony Bosch or used any substance

  8. #8
    Hello dum-dum... effdamets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    In front of the TV

    Re: Miami sports clinic reveals names of PED users.

    Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84 View Post
    Gio Gonzalez@GioGonzalez47 I've never used performance enhancing drugs of any kind and I never will ,I've never met or spoken with tony Bosch or used any substance
    I hope this is true and that the Bosch guy is making it all up...
    “Begin each day as if it were on purpose........”—Alex Hitchens

  9. #9

    Re: Miami sports clinic reveals names of PED users.

    Wouldn't the best thing to do right now is be silent?
    Thank you for making me calm today, Brett Gardner

  10. #10
    let's go rangers! Hitman23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Long Island

    Re: Miami sports clinic reveals names of PED users.

    Quote Originally Posted by effdamets View Post
    I hope this is true and that the Bosch guy is making it all up...
    I hope so as well.
    Boo for trading Prado.

  11. #11
    NYYF Legend

    Yankee Tripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Left coast

    Re: Miami sports clinic reveals names of PED users.

    Quote Originally Posted by effdamets View Post
    I hope this is true and that the Bosch guy is making it all up...
    On Gio, it is possible. Apprently he's the weakest link of the 6 mentioned. His father claimes that he, not Gio went to the clinic supposedly for weight loss. No idea if that's true or not but that's the supposed claim by Gio's father.

    The other 5, if I was a betting man, I would not be betting on innocent.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

  12. #12
    Please, call me YFiB Yankee Fan in Boston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Too Close to Fenway

    Re: Miami sports clinic reveals names of PED users.

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    On Gio, it is possible. Apprently he's the weakest link of the 6 mentioned. His father claimes that he, not Gio went to the clinic supposedly for weight loss. No idea if that's true or not but that's the supposed claim by Gio's father.

    The other 5, if I was a betting man, I would not be betting on innocent.
    I think I read earlier today that the money Gio paid was a lot less than some of the other guys. Not sure what's true and what's not -- I guess we'll find out in time
    "Welcome to NYYFans, the place where Yankees fans come together to complain about the manner in which our team is winning games" -- Mr. Coffee

  13. #13
    NYYF Legend

    GordonGecko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New York City

    Re: Miami sports clinic reveals names of PED users.

    Well I guess Gio is only going to be allowed into Cooperstown as a tourist now

  14. #14
    Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    lil'rhody

    Re: Miami sports clinic reveals names of PED users.

    I have a feeling the media will only focus on ARod even though there's over a dozen names in this report.

  15. #15
    NYYF Legend

    GordonGecko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New York City

    Re: Miami sports clinic reveals names of PED users.

    Max Gonzalez said the drugs were for him. "My son works very, very hard, and he's as clean as apple pie," Max Gonzalez said. "I went to (Anthony Bosch) because I needed to lose weight. A friend recommended him, and he did great work for me. But that's it. He never met my son. Never. And if I knew he was doing these things with steroids, do you think I'd be dumb enough to go there?"

    http://www.kffl.com/gnews.php?id=836...on-is-innocent

  16. #16
    Hello dum-dum... effdamets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    In front of the TV

    Re: Miami sports clinic reveals names of PED users.

    Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    Max Gonzalez said the drugs were for him. "My son works very, very hard, and he's as clean as apple pie," Max Gonzalez said. "I went to (Anthony Bosch) because I needed to lose weight. A friend recommended him, and he did great work for me. But that's it. He never met my son. Never. And if I knew he was doing these things with steroids, do you think I'd be dumb enough to go there?"

    http://www.kffl.com/gnews.php?id=836...on-is-innocent
    So why is Gio's name on the list then? (I think I missed something)
    “Begin each day as if it were on purpose........”—Alex Hitchens

  17. #17
    NYYF Legend

    35Knucklecurve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Maryland branches, Pennsylvania roots

    Re: Miami sports clinic reveals names of PED users.

    Quote Originally Posted by effdamets View Post
    So why is Gio's name on the list then? (I think I missed something)
    I don't think you missed something - I was wondering the same thing. It'd be different if both were named Gio Gonalez (Sr. and Jr.).

    I am hoping that this is one more instance of the media trying to be the first with "breaking news" only to find out later they were wrong.
    September 28, 2008 - the day the HOF got a wake-up Moose call.

  18. #18
    Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    lil'rhody

    Re: Miami sports clinic reveals names of PED users.

    How many guys named Alex Rodriguez live in the Miami area? If ARod can produce documents proving he was elsewhere on the dates in the ledger, then it would look pretty good for him.

  19. #19

    Re: Miami sports clinic reveals names of PED users.

    Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    How many guys named Alex Rodriguez live in the Miami area? If ARod can produce documents proving he was elsewhere on the dates in the ledger, then it would look pretty good for him.
    No doubt ... just like the documents showing he was at the clinic on those dates are making him look pretty bad.
    “Everything looks nicer when you win. The girls are prettier, the cigars taste better. The trees are greener.”—Billy Martin

  20. #20
    NYYF Legend

    GordonGecko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New York City

    Re: Miami sports clinic reveals names of PED users.

    Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    How many guys named Alex Rodriguez live in the Miami area? If ARod can produce documents proving he was elsewhere on the dates in the ledger, then it would look pretty good for him.
    "I was at home alone sleeping"

    I got that one from Matlock

  21. #21
    Hello dum-dum... effdamets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    In front of the TV

    Re: Miami sports clinic reveals names of PED users.

    Quote Originally Posted by 35Knucklecurve View Post
    I don't think you missed something - I was wondering the same thing. It'd be different if both were named Gio Gonalez (Sr. and Jr.).

    I am hoping that this is one more instance of the media trying to be the first with "breaking news" only to find out later they were wrong.
    Except Gio's father's name is Max... I think
    “Begin each day as if it were on purpose........”—Alex Hitchens

  22. #22

    Re: Miami sports clinic reveals names of PED users.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gusto View Post
    No doubt ... just like the documents showing he was at the clinic on those dates are making him look pretty bad.
    Do those dates mean he was actually @ the clinic those days?

    It's be incredibly stupid of him to show up @ the clinic
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdvM0IB5Sbs

    MICRO PASSIVE/MICRO AGGRESSIVE

  23. #23
    Hello dum-dum... effdamets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    In front of the TV

    Re: Miami sports clinic reveals names of PED users.

    Quote Originally Posted by ieddyi View Post
    Do those dates mean he was actually @ the clinic those days?

    It's be incredibly stupid of him to show up @ the clinic
    Yeah - really.
    Why not send someone to pick up the goods for you?
    Of course, if in fact he was purchasing product.
    “Begin each day as if it were on purpose........”—Alex Hitchens

  24. #24
    Please, call me YFiB Yankee Fan in Boston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Too Close to Fenway

    Re: Miami sports clinic reveals names of PED users.

    Quote Originally Posted by effdamets View Post
    Yeah - really.
    Why not send someone to pick up the goods for you?
    Of course, if in fact he was purchasing product.
    Of course, his cousin who was implicated in his earlier confession about PEDs was also cited in the documents...
    "Welcome to NYYFans, the place where Yankees fans come together to complain about the manner in which our team is winning games" -- Mr. Coffee

  25. #25
    Hello dum-dum... effdamets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    In front of the TV

    Re: Miami sports clinic reveals names of PED users.

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Fan in Boston View Post
    Of course, his cousin who was implicated in his earlier confession about PEDs was also cited in the documents...


    Mabye his cousin is a user....
    “Begin each day as if it were on purpose........”—Alex Hitchens

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts