22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Aisle Seats

9 40.91%
  • Low Row

13 59.09%
+ Reply to Thread
    NYYF Cy Young

Aisle Seats vs Low Row

In the stubhub thread a conversation came up with the perks of an aisle seat vs a lower row... what do you prefer in general? The convenience of the aisle seat and leg room, or being closer to the field? Is there anyone here who prefers to not be on an aisle? At what point does the aisle not become worth it to you, ie, second row in the middle vs last row on the aisle?

NYYF Cy Young

Re: Aisle Seats vs Low Row

I know I am probably in the minority, but I'll take the lowest row possible over aisle seats. When I go to a game, I almost never get up, maybe to use the restroom once, but that's it. Being somewhere in the middle allows me to not worry about getting up and down for everyone, especially when next to someone who is always getting more beer. Also, I find myself actually spending less money at the games because it is not as easy and convenient to run up and wait on line for an $8 beer or $4 hot dog. I'd rather be as low as possible because I know I'll never be able to afford to sit in the "vip" seats at any stadium regularly, so being in the front of the second and third levels lets me feel closer to the action and in the game more. I do like the aisle and having the leg room, but all things considered, I'd rather be closer to the field.

Low row in the middle. Sometimes if you are on the aisle your view may be obstructed by either plexiglass if you are in one of the lower rows or by fans in general going up and down the aisles. I am going to the select a seat today to specifically check my seats that I just bought last Friday. 9 game plan 312 Row 9 which is actually up on the concourse where people are all around, seats 3 & 4. I looked at the 3d and I may have a either a plexiglass or one of those wire guardrails as an obstruction. Also previous poster is right. If you are in the middle of the row, you may never have to get up for anyone.

Last year at the select-a-seat I was checking out an aisle seat in the grandstand when a complete stranger came up to me. He pointed out the bad view of the field and potential of people walking up & down aisle plus having to get up for people going to bathroom & concessions. I'm glad I took his advice and grabbed seats closer to the middle.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesrule View Post
    I know I am probably in the minority, but I'll take the lowest row possible over aisle seats. When I go to a game, I almost never get up, maybe to use the restroom once, but that's it. Being somewhere in the middle allows me to not worry about getting up and down for everyone, especially when next to someone who is always getting more beer. Also, I find myself actually spending less money at the games because it is not as easy and convenient to run up and wait on line for an $8 beer or $4 hot dog. I'd rather be as low as possible because I know I'll never be able to afford to sit in the "vip" seats at any stadium regularly, so being in the front of the second and third levels lets me feel closer to the action and in the game more. I do like the aisle and having the leg room, but all things considered, I'd rather be closer to the field.

I always try to get aisle seats as close to the field as possible. If there isn't aisle seats available close to the field, I'll go to the middle of the row.

While aisle seats offer more legroom there is always the problem of always having to get up to let people to get past you for their beers and pit stops. I have never tried to count how many times you are inconvenced by people moving around but it has to be at least half a dozen times a half inning.

Andy
    Yogi is a National Treasure. Let's put him in a National Hall of Fame. The man has no peers.

NYYF Legend

Middle of a low row is always better especially in the Grandstand. You would not believe how many people will constantly get up during a game to go for more food. If you are on the aisle you can spend a quarter of the game getting up to let them pass. Plus if you sit on the aisle you have the vendors blocking your view throughout the game.

I would prefer an aisle but ONLY if I didn't have to stand up 38 times per game to let people in and out of the row. Since that doesn't happen, I prefer the middle of the row. I get all of the food I want before the game and then for nine innings, I watch the game. I'm in heaven as long as I don't have to get up for people who desperately need just a couple more hot dogs or to unload their first three beers of the day.

I sat in seat 2 of a long row (20+ seats) on the Main level for a game last year and there were two guys that got up and left after *every* freakin' inning only to return a few pitches into the next inning. That was 18 standups right there not to mention the other people in that row that would get up and leave (and then come back) at random times. I could barely watch the game as many of them didn't wait for the breaks between innings.

Aisle seats in short rows (sec 214A is one example) aren't nearly so bad as there may be just a few people that one must allow in and out of the row, but those long rows can be killers.
    I can't complain but sometimes I still do. - Joe Walsh

Personally, I prefer aisle seats for the extra legroom. I don't mind getting up for people going to/from their seats. That's just me.

I miss the days of the seats I had in OYS. Section 22, Box 298 Row G. There were only two seats: aisle to the right, the runway to my left. I never I had to get up for anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Shore Yankee View Post
    I miss the days of the seats I had in OYS. Section 22, Box 298 Row G. There were only two seats: aisle to the right, the runway to my left. I never I had to get up for anyone.
    Yeah, I liked the box seats at OYS for just that reason.

I prefer a low row.

And, for an aisle, for me, it depends if the aisle is toward my view of the field or behind it. For example, if I'm on the third base side looking in towards home plate and the aisle is behind me towards the foul pole then fans walking up and down the aisle don't block my view of home plate and I prefer that.

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesrule View Post
    In the stubhub thread a conversation came up with the perks of an aisle seat vs a lower row... what do you prefer in general? The convenience of the aisle seat and leg room, or being closer to the field? Is there anyone here who prefers to not be on an aisle? At what point does the aisle not become worth it to you, ie, second row in the middle vs last row on the aisle?
    I would prefer an aisle seat, but will sacrifice row to a point (maybe 3 rows). It also depends how many seats in a row.

My old greens in the Garden were on the aisle... but there were only 6 seats in the row. Now? 22. So, there isn't a clear cut answer. It's kind of blurred.

I will sacrifice aisle for no more than 5 rows (assuming same price, of course).

Cheers!
    -Doug

Its hard to answer this without knowing how many rows. If its a 5 row jump Id take the middle, if its 1 or 2 rows I like the aisle. I have aisle seats in the bleachers in my friday plan. I like to get beers during the game and the aisle allows me to beat the crowds between innings to get on line for beer in front of the middle seat ppl. Also allows me to win the race to the bathroom btw innings and jump some of the crowd to exit the stadium when the game ends. I like being able to leave my seat without inconveniencing anyone and understand that ppl will have to ask me to get up to pass me. I had the opportunity today to move up 2 rows in the bleachers in middle seats or stay on my aisle, I kept the aisle.

NYYF Legend

my season tickets are on the aisle. It sometimes sucks when you have someone in the middle getting up for every little thing, especially during a pitch which I royally hate.
    The real reason why the Yankees keep winning is cause the other team can't stop staring at the damn pinstripes

I would prefer to be as close to the field as possible. I hardly ever leave my seat during a game anyway.
    The artist formerly known as BillBuckner.

NYYF Legend

The eternal state of optimism that the Yankees will win it all

Personally, I like low aisle seats best.

I had row 1 aisle seats for game 1 of last year's ALCS. They were great.
    Forgive me for taking the Contrarian view

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by longtimeyankeefan View Post
    The game, not so much.

(I was there too.)

NYYF Legend

Yes, that's the best of both worlds.

Generally, I prefer aisle if its the "good" side of the aisle. If the seats are field level, then I may jump in the middle of a row down close. There are a lot of variables - more than you might think - but generally, I like the aisle seats. The closer you are to homeplate, the less critical the side of the aisle becomes.
    If they ask who was our star, give them 25 names, and if you forget our names, just tell them we were Yankees.

NYYF Cy Young

Row 1 aisle you need to be careful with at Yankee Stadium because of that giant piece of glass they have in the front of the 200-400 level aisles. For jeter's 3,000th hit, I was in front row on the aisle of 212- great seats- if I didn't have to look around the glass that distorted the view the entire game. Luckily it didn't matter for Jeter's HR since we were standing that entire at bat :-)

I prefer aisle but it depends how many rows we are talking. It can be a hassle if you have some idiot who gets up 15 times during the games and the size of the row also matters. Are you in a row with 20 seats or a row with 35 seats? Also depends who is sitting next to you. If you get a heavy guy next to you it can be a bit uncomfortable if you are in the middle of a row.

My Jets (let's leave the part of how bad they are or how bad the upper deck is in the new stadium out of it) are in the first row upper deck on the aisle. It's nice because not only do I have the aisle leg room but I also have an extra foot of leg room because somehow they made the first row with extra leg room and a cup holder on the rail that I don't have to lean forward to use.

I generally prefer *not* to be on the aisle. I don't really care about the leg room (I'm not tall), and I find it really annoying to constantly have to get up for people coming in and out.

I'll take the low row every time.
    “Begin each day as if it were on purpose........”—Alex Hitchens

NYYF Legend

I agree with others, it has to be a combination of both factors. I'll take the aisle in row 6 over an inside seat in row 5, but probably not any lower. And obviously I'd take any seat at all in row 1 over an aisle elsewhere

I was lucky enough to get a pair of isle seats in row 3 section 420A this year. I have the best of both.

Thread Information