+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 40 FirstFirst ... 28 35 36 37 38 39 40 LastLast

Re: The Longest Injury Update Thread Ever 2013

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeFan1421 View Post
    Seriously, can you imagine that today? Joe Giardi with a big arm cast and a sling because he brawled with like Phil Hughes in a bar?

Can you even imagine that?!?
    "Well I told Hughesy he needs to stop serving up meatballs, so he got mad and said hows this for a meatball and he threw Joba at me. Next thing I know, I'm on the trainer's table with this busted arm wondering why I'm still alive. Now when I signal for Mo, it hurts a little, but it feels like a win, so I'm OK with that."
    Mariano Rivera was so great he was able to close a Denny's.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by peeps4iife View Post
    i still think my favorite injury of all time was mark teixeira's "coughing"
    I find this hard to fathom. Or do you think he wasn't really coughing?

NYYF Legend

Jeter expects to join the team Monday in Toronto, Gardner and Stewart dodged a bullet apiece:

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...s_nyy&c_id=nyy

Jeter, 39, confirmed that the plan is to play one more rehab game in Scranton on Saturday and, if all goes well, rejoin the big league club for Monday's series opener in Toronto. The Yankees will play an afternoon game against the Rays in St. Petersburg on Sunday.

"You feel more and more comfortable the more you play," Jeter said. "Like I said before, I understand I have to play some games here. I'll play one more [on Saturday], and hopefully, everything is good and I keep getting more comfortable."
    http://yankees.lhblogs.com/2013/08/2...ame-notes-102/

Derek Jeter told reporters in Scranton that he knew all along this was going to be a three-game rehab assignment. He was never expecting to join the Yankees in Tampa. Im not surprised by too many things, he said.

Jeter said hell play shortstop again tomorrow. Thatll be three games in a row in the field. He didnt say how many innings hell play, but he played seven tonight after five last night. He was 0-for-3 with a walk, a strikeout and a run scored. Im not concerned about running, he said. Not at all. Everything felt good. For me, its just playing in games. For them its probably check to make sure Im alright. But I get it.

Speaking of injured Yankees, Brett Gardner was nearly added to the list. That hit by pitch in the third inning got him on the back of the right hand in basically the exact same spot where Jayson Nix was hit earlier this week. Nix is lost for the year. Gardner stayed in the game to have two more hits. Just got lucky, he said. It didnt square me up. Im not concerned about it any more.

As a precaution, Gardner said hell likely get an X-ray tomorrow. His hand was slightly swollen, but not much. I really couldnt tell looking at it, but Gardner said it was a little bigger.

Chris Stewart also had his right heel wrapped. He took a foul ball there but said hes fine.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeFan1421 View Post
    Seriously, can you imagine that today? Joe Giardi with a big arm cast and a sling because he brawled with like Phil Hughes in a bar?

Can you even imagine that?!?
    Thankfully the era of drunken, short-fused managers is long over.

NYYF Legend

The latest from Scranton ...

Girardi said he had not heard from anyone in Scranton suggesting Derek Jeter wasnt still on track to play Monday. Jeter played his seven innings in the field, went 1-for-3 at the plate and the assumption is that hell be in Toronto in two days.
    http://yankees.lhblogs.com/2013/08/2...ame-notes-103/

NYYF Legend

Sigh of relief ...

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...s_nyy&c_id=nyy

Cano day to day with bruise; X-rays negative

Yankees slugger forced to leave in first inning after pitch strikes left hand
    On the other hand, Nunez (who replaced Cano) also had to leave the game after appearing to suffer an injury on a play in the top of the eighth inning. He stayed in, and singled leading off in the bottom of the inning, but left for a pinch runner after getting to second. Reynolds took over for him at second base, and even helped turn a neat double play to finish the game.

We'll know more shortly, no doubt.

NYYF Legend

Nunez is now said to have "tweaked his knee." Everything checked out fine, so "we'll see what we have there tomorrow," as Girardi is saying in the YES postgame show.

NYYF Legend

Cracks Girardi (I know he's not on Twitter, but sometimes I thnk he should be):

"Every hand that has had to be X-rayed has come back poorly. We had to go to another country to get a good one."

NYYF Legend

The eternal state of optimism that the Yankees will win it all

Quote Originally Posted by -tz View Post
    Cracks Girardi (I know he's not on Twitter, but sometimes I thnk he should be):

"Every hand that has had to be X-rayed has come back poorly. We had to go to another country to get a good one."
    Are you sure we can trust the Canadian health system?
    Forgive me for taking the Contrarian view

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by longtimeyankeefan View Post
    Are you sure we can trust the Canadian health system?
    Good point. They probably injected Cano with some of that socialized medicine!

Can Chris Stewart play 2B? We need a good bat in there to replace Cano/Nunez.
    Whatever you think...
    Well, you're wrong.

Erik Boland@eboland11 2m Nunez said the pain in his right knee got "worse" when he ran pregame. Will go for MRI tomorrow. Said he is worried it will show something

Quote Originally Posted by Jax Teller View Post
    Erik Boland@eboland11 2m Nunez said the pain in his right knee got "worse" when he ran pregame. Will go for MRI tomorrow. Said he is worried it will show something
    I'm worried it won't show something.
    Let the kids play.

NYYF Legend

Small update on Pineda:
    http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/yanke...ontent=Yankees
    * Michael Pineda has been throwing on the side for the Class-A Tampa Yankees as he continues his recovery from shoulder injuries. The right-hander hasn’t pitched in the majors since 2011 and still is looking to make his first appearance as a Yankee since joining the club in January 2012.
    And small updates on a few others (same source)
    Travis Hafner and Zoilo Almonte are on light “tee and toss” workouts with the hopes of starting batting practice by the end of the week. Both have been out since late July with a strained right rotator cuff and a sprained ankle, respectively.

Almonte also dealt with a different kind of setback, Girardi said, as the outfielder recently had wisdom teeth removed.
    * Girardi said he wasn’t sure if right-hander David Phelps had begun throwing yet, but he is progressing.

“I think it’s pretty soon he’ll pick up a ball.”

NYYF Legend

Updates on Nunez (still out after tweaking that knee) and Alex (scratched from today's lineup with the dreaded "flu-like symptoms"). (Don't people ever actually just get the flu any more?)

Eduardo Nunez said he felt fine today and is fully ready to play. Im good, he said.
    Giradi on the Rodriguez illness: Hes got what I got. I finally turned the corner today. I feel better than I did yesterday. He wanted to play. He was sick last night; he was really sick last night, and he played. I texted him this morning and he said he wanted to try. He did some work in the cage, and then we saw him, and he just didnt look good. He was pale. Hopefully tomorrow hes a lot better.
    http://yankees.lhblogs.com/2013/08/3...ame-notes-107/

NYYF Legend

From the YES gamecast today:

NYYF Legend

Shawn Kelley will not be available for a few days because of a "triceps issue." Tests showed some "inflammation," but he should be available sometime next week. Per Joe in the YES postgame show.

NYYF Legend

Girardi post game - Robertson tendonitis, out "5 or 6 days".

Logan with strain in bicep, going for MRI tomorrow morning.
    Goin for 2<strike>7</strike>8!

Quote Originally Posted by goin for 27 View Post

Wow. Could be check and mate.

NYYF Legend

Mark Montgomery would have been awesome right about now
    help feed the hungry:

www.thehungersite.com

Addicted Member

Quote Originally Posted by goin for 27 View Post

"Game Over Man!! Game OVER!"

NYYF Legend

Any word on the captain would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by mr.roy View Post
    Any word on the captain would be appreciated.
    New York Yankees shortstop Derek Jeter underwent a CT scan on his surgically repaired left ankle Saturday after feeling discomfort there during Saturday's 13-9 loss to the Boston Red Sox.

Preliminary results of the test were negative, according to the Yankees. As an additional precaution, the results also will be sent to Charlotte, N.C.-based physician Dr. Robert Anderson, who originally performed surgery on Jeter on Oct. 20.
    http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/stor...ankle-negative
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

I hope this thread stays quiet, or at least that there's nothing serious to report.

Nove lifted after 70-something pitches, A-Rod pulled before the 8th and Romine leaves after a foul tip to the mask in the 8th.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    I hope this thread stays quiet, or at least that there's nothing serious to report.

Nove lifted after 70-something pitches, A-Rod pulled before the 8th and Romine leaves after a foul tip to the mask in the 8th.

yes indeedy.
    Whatever you think...
    Well, you're wrong.

Thread Information