+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 40 FirstFirst ... 19 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 39 ... LastLast
    NYYF Legend

Re: The Longest Injury Update Thread Ever 2013

More on Nix:

While running out a double last night, Jayson Nix felt some tightness in his right hamstring. Hes considered day-to-day with no tests scheduled. Nix said he believes he could play tonight if necessary. Joe Girardi said he wasnt sure hed use him.

Just kind of tightened up a little bit when I stretched out the double last night, Nix said. I wasnt too concerned about it, just something that was there and was a little bit sore after the game. Its a little something that kind of started, so were going to keep it under control.
    http://yankees.lhblogs.com/2013/07/02/pregame-notes-60/

NYYF Legend

And as you may have heard ...

Alex Rodriguez went 0-for-2 in his first rehab game with Charleston. He struck out once and hit into a double play.
    http://yankees.lhblogs.com/2013/07/0...es-at-twins-2/

Call him up, he'll fit right in.

NYYF Legend

Hope he doesn't get in trouble ...

Mark Teixeira @teixeiramark25

Successful surgery yesterday, doc said it couldn't have gone better. Looking forward to watching my #Yankee teammates tonight vs the Twins.

about 11 hours ago

Quote Originally Posted by -tz View Post
    Hope he doesn't get in trouble ...
    Cashman- "I wish he'd just heal the f*** up"
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

NYYF Legend

Hmmpf ...

David Waldstein@DavidWaldstein 1h
    Was told Kuroda went back to New York to have tests for possible leg issue. Nova threw in bullpen and could start Friday if Kuroda can't.

David Waldstein@DavidWaldstein 1h
    That's all Yankees need, is Kuroda getting hurt.

David Waldstein@DavidWaldstein 44m
    Regarding Kuroda, the early sense was that it wasn't too serious. We'll see what Girardi says.

(Credit to TrueYankee01 for posting this first in Inside the lines.)

Well, Nova would make the Friday start. Kuroda has had a heavy workload for being age 39. I would skip his next start regardless, to be honest.

Forum Regular

Quote Originally Posted by -tz View Post
    And as you may have heard ...

http://yankees.lhblogs.com/2013/07/0...es-at-twins-2/

Call him up, he'll fit right in.
    Hang on mang we have productivity at 3B now. He can stay in the minors

NYYF Legend

Kuroda: His left hip flexor is sore, he had an MRI, it came out clean—no tears. He'll miss a start. Will be re-evaluated on Friday.

Per Joe in the postgame presser.

NYYF HOF

He's a 38yo pitcher with hip issues, I hope they don't try to rush him back.
    Beware the Bobcat!!!

NYYF Cy Young

Now Nix on DL. This is positively surreal!!

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ZIM 2002 View Post
    I hadn't heard that yet. Unbelievable.
    Here's a link:
    http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/yankee...#axzz2Y1SBRSYx
    The Yankees could put a pretty good infield together with the guys they have on the disabled list.
    Add Jayson Nix to that category now. Nix, who has been filling in at shortstop for injured Derek Jeter and Eduardo Nunez, was placed on the DL on Wednesday with a grade-two hamstring strain. Nix said the MRI exam he took Wednesday did not come back good.
    I hope its only 15 days, he said. Im optimistic about that.
    With the way this season's going, 15 days probably means about 6 weeks.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ZIM 2002 View Post
    We are now seeing the fill-ins for our fill-ins begin to drop like flies.

@DanBarbarisi: Cervelli had some kind of "stress reaction" in his elbow, docs shut him down for two weeks. Seems like aggravation of old injury

Quote Originally Posted by Jax Teller View Post
    @DanBarbarisi: Cervelli had some kind of "stress reaction" in his elbow, docs shut him down for two weeks. Seems like aggravation of old injury
    That's just great..that was supposed to be some added offense by now; instead he's probably looking at the end of the month. So who is expected back first now?
    Let the kids play.

NYYF Legend

More on Cervelli:

http://yankees.lhblogs.com/2013/07/04/pregame-game/

Francisco Cervelli won’t be back any time soon.

An MRI yesterday revealed a stress reaction in his right elbow. As I understand it, a stress reaction basically means the bone is close to a stress fracture, and things have to be shut down to avoid an actual crack. Joe Girardi said this is some sort of old lingering injury that has presented itself just as Cervelli was beginning to take batting practice again.

“Maybe because of the broken hand he was throwing a little bit different,” Girardi said.

Whatever the cause, Cervelli will rest for two weeks. There’s basically not chance of him being activated before sometime in August. For now, that means the everyday job still belongs to Chris Stewart, and Austin Romine will keep getting occasional starts.

“We talk about the first thing is handling our staff, and I think they’ve done a pretty good job handling our staff,” Girardi said. “We’ll just keep going with the guys that we have.”

@nflammia: #Yankees SS Derek Jeter to begin rehab assignment at Triple-A @swbrailriders on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Jax Teller View Post
    @nflammia: #Yankees SS Derek Jeter to begin rehab assignment at Triple-A @swbrailriders on Saturday.
    Any thoughts about Derek going to AAA while A-Rod is in A? Also, I highly doubt Derek gets 20 days in at AAA...probably more like up to the break, so that's 8 playing days and 3 more.
    Let the kids play.

Quote Originally Posted by Bub View Post
    Any thoughts about Derek going to AAA while A-Rod is in A? Also, I highly doubt Derek gets 20 days in at AAA...probably more like up to the break, so that's 8 playing days and 3 more.
    While they are both old men by baseball standards, my guess is that Jeter's injury is a little more cut and dried. Eventually broken bones just heal, even if in an area as complex as an ankle. Whereas hips, even if they are 'healed' are like wrists and much more problematic. (Treading dangerously close to sounding like I have any clue when it comes to medical issues...just sort of hypothesizing...)

As far as the length of time...8 games is probably not enough, I would think, just from a timing standpoint...this is essentially like the start of spring training for him.

I would guess he'd need a minimum of two+ solid weeks (13 to 16 games) to be reasonably confident he's ready.

NYYF Cy Young

Frankie Cervelli has a setback. Now he's joined the club of all the others who get injured and then have setbacks.
    All the fat guys watch me & say to their wives, 'See, there's a fat guy doing okay. Bring me another beer. Mickey Lolich

NYYF Legend

Notes on Pineda and Kuroda
    http://yankees.lhblogs.com/2013/07/0...in-the-minors/
    Michael Pineda is supposed to make the final rehab start on his 30-day clock tomorrow with Double-A Trenton and then the Yankees will have to decide where he fits.

Well see how he does tomorrow and make an evaluation, Girardi said.

Hiroki Kuroda said his hip flexor feels OK now. He was cleared to throw a bullpen session today.

Don't tease me. None of these players are ever going to get off the disabled list, are they?
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    Don't tease me. None of these players are ever going to get off the disabled list, are they?
    I think the Yankees' medical staff is made up entirely of faith healers.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

I think Pineda will go to AAA after his start tomorrow. But we'll see

NYYF Legend

I'm sure everyone knows by now, but just in case:

http://yankees.lhblogs.com/2013/07/0...in-the-minors/

Derek Jeter is scheduled to be back playing baseball tomorrow night at around 7:05. For now, he’s a RailRider. The Captain was cleared today to begin his 20-day rehab assignment clock. So he will play at least five innings at shortstop for Scranton/Wilkes-Barre against visiting Lehigh Valley.

“That’s really good news,” Joe Girardi said. “That obviously means his ankle feels a lot better. He’s been dying to get out there since spring training and he’s had some setbacks. But this is a really good sign.

“I think he has to feel comfortable playing. He really hasn’t had a whole lot of at-bats. He hasn’t played a whole lot of infield. So (we need to see him) being able to go back-to-back days, back-to-back-to-back days that sort of thing.”

Asked if he would rule out Jeter returning on this final homestand before the break, Girardi said, “I don’t really have any expectations because I haven’t seen him play. If I can see him play in some games … I’d feel a lot better about making that decision.”

Right now, Girardi thinks Eduardo Nunez has a better chance of returning before the break than Jeter and Alex Rodriguez.
    Last edited by -tz; 07-06-13 at 06:01 PM.

With Phelps on the DL now, I'm pretty sure the Yankees have place more players on DL this year than the entire 2012 season.
    Okay Hal and Brian, I might be a sucker, but you got 3 more years to fix it!

Thread Information