+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 40 FirstFirst ... 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 25 ... LastLast
    NYYF Legend

Re: The Longest Injury Update Thread Ever 2013

Youk scratched tonight. Hope this doesn't become a season long chronic problem. Back issues can be a real pisser.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    Youk scratched tonight. Hope this doesn't become a season long chronic problem. Back issues can be a real pisser.
    Probably not a bad idea keeping him off the fake turf as much as possible.
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

First Name: Keninovich hardrain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    Probably not a bad idea keeping him off the fake turf as much as possible.
    But he wouldn't get two days in a row unless it were a problem -- I am worried
    We toast to the old days and DiMaggio too,
    Billy Martin and Mantle, Whitey Ford and to you

Erik Boland@eboland11 6m Girardi said Youkilis could be out "a couple of more days" with the back tightness

Quote Originally Posted by Jax Teller View Post
    Erik Boland@eboland11 6m Girardi said Youkilis could be out "a couple of more days" with the back tightness
    ick.

this stretch of both Nix and Nunez every game is going to do bad things to my stomach.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by snapple View Post
    I win!

What did you get?

... Joe Girardi went to the minor league complex to watch Michael Pineda pitch in a simulated game. He said it was only five or six hitters, but Girardi seemed impressed. He threw all his pitches, his fastball, his slider, his changeup, Girardi said. He threw strikes he threw some really good strikes. I was happy with what I saw. I know its a long ways away, but for the first time in a simulated game, it was pretty good.

There was no radar gun on Pineda, but Girardi said he could tell a difference from what he was seeing last spring. His command was much better, Girardi said. The ball was coming out of his hand. He wasnt forcing it today.
    http://yankees.lhblogs.com/2013/04/22/pregame-notes-22/

NYYF Legend

(Slightly) more on Youk:

"He might be a couple of more days," Yankees manager Joe Girardi said after Monday's game. "We'll see how he feels [Tuesday]. He felt good, then he went through BP and it tightened up a little bit. It is what it is, and we'll get through it."
    http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/news/...k_nyy&c_id=nyy

From the same link, on Granderson:

As for Granderson, he remains on course to rejoin the Yankees sometime around the first week of May, as his fractured right wrist has healed. Granderson hit off a tee and practices soft-toss on Monday, also throwing from a distance of 90 feet.

"It's going to be somewhere in May; don't know exactly when," Granderson said. "Everything is looking pretty good. X-rays have all been good. Everything is feeling good, each step that we've made. The big thing is that whenever I finally start playing, getting at-bats, getting timing and stuff. Once that day comes, we'll have a little better evaluation."

Would be neat to see Tex, Granderson, and Rapada all re-join the team by the middle to end of May. 3 impact players.

Who would get the boot on our current roster though?

Francisco...
    Kelly or Warren?
    Nix or Boesch?

Quote Originally Posted by -tz View Post
    Why the hell don't they just get a radar gun and measure his velocity? What's so hard about that. Instead of having us all wait till May. Alot of his success (and the team's success) will depend on if him having his mid-90's fastball. Bad job Yanks.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by 1936-1939JoeNLou View Post
    Why the hell don't they just get a radar gun and measure his velocity? What's so hard about that. Instead of having us all wait till May. Alot of his success (and the team's success) will depend on if him having his mid-90's fastball. Bad job Yanks.
    Why should the Yankees care if you need to wait till May to know Pineda's fastball velocity? Should they stop the rehab and DFA him if he threw 85MPH in his first simulated game?

My History. Your Tradition. JDPNYY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TrueYankee01 View Post
    Would be neat to see Tex, Granderson, and Rapada all re-join the team by the middle to end of May. 3 impact players.

Who would get the boot on our current roster though?

Francisco...
    Kelly or Warren?
    Nix or Boesch?
    Ben, Adam and Lyle.
    I'm frantic... Jeter Ceremony Date - when will this be announced????

Thank goodness we now know.

Apparently Tex said that a May 1 return is unlikely now.

NYYF Legend

Per Meredith Marakovits Twitter:
    Derek Jeter had 2nd visit w/ Dr in NC. Girardi said he will likely be put back in a boot as fracture in ankle heals.
    Jeter expected to meet w/ media in NYC on Thursday

Well, honestly, that's okay. Overbay isn't abysmal right now.
    EvilEmpireDC: Fans bitch about anything lol

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post
    Ben, Adam and Lyle.
    Ben Fran, Boesch, Warren. Boesch has options, Overbay doesn't.

NYYF Legend

Very apparently.

First baseman Mark Teixeira had optimistically circled May 1 as a target for his return from an injured right wrist, but he now acknowledges he will not meet that goal.

Teixeira has been able to take dry swings from both sides of the plate and feels no pain, but he said that the wrist is not loose enough to hit baseballs, making it unlikely that he will be able to return in the minimum timeframe.

"Obviously, I was being as optimistic as I could," Teixeira said. "I wish that the very first time I swung a bat, I'd be like, 'Wow, I feel 100 percent.' But the chances of that happening weren't there, but I was always going to hope for that and prepare for that."
    Because Teixeira is not ready to play in Minor League games, he will accompany the team to New York after Wednesday's game instead of staying in Florida to continue workouts.

"It's good to have [head athletic trainer] Steve [Donohue] and the doctors there just on an everyday basis after I swing to look at the range of motion and make sure everything's good," Teixeira said.
    http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/news/...k_nyy&c_id=nyy

Joel Sherman reporting that Pineda hit low 90's in his 1st sim game. That's VERY good news, if true.

Crow,Tony,Joe,Yogi,Riz,2 Joes Tifoso's Avatar

Fantastic news! Thanks for posting
    -Lou 27 (28 in 2014)
    Totus Tuus

Great news thanks Snap

NYYF Legend

Teixeira's new timetable has him back in mid-May. The good news is that the doctors say his wrist injury is "fully healed." Of course, that's what the doctors said about Jeter's ankle, too.

Mark Teixeira was hoping to be in the Yankees lineup on May 1, but that was always an extreme best-case scenario, and its now clearly an unrealistic goal.

Obviously, I was being as optimistic as I could, Teixeira said. I wish that the very first time I swung a bat, Id be like, wow, I feel 100 percent. But the chances of that happening werent there. I was always going to hope for that and prepare for that. The last thing you want to do is say, well, I dont know when Ill be back and then not train and not have that focus. Im training, and Im focused to try to get back on May 1, but its probably not going to happen.

When Teixeira went down on March 5, he was given a recovery timetable of 8 to 10 weeks. Eight weeks will be April 30. Ten weeks will be May 14.

Theres no setbacks, it just hasnt loosened up yet, Teixeira said. So Im hoping that thats still the timetable.

Teixiera said he feels no pain in his right wrist, which had a strain in the tendon sheath that has according to his doctors fully healed. Hes still not hitting off a tee, but thats only because the tendon hasnt gotten loose. Teixeira attributes that to a lack of use the past month or so.

Its stiffness. No pain, he said. I feel that Im healed. I feel very comfortable that Im healed, that theres not going be any problems when I come back. But I do have to let it loosen up and really get more functional.

Exactly when hell be back remains to be seen. On Monday, Curtis Granderson said hell need 50 to 70 at-bats before being activated. Teixeira who played more than Granderson in spring training said he doesnt expect to need quite that many.

Thats a lot, Teixeira said. I dont think so. If I stink in the first 20, yeah, Im going to need more. Its all about timing. You can get your timing in the first 10 at-bats, or it might take you 50. The important thing is that you feel good, and then when youre back with the big-league team, you can produce. Youre not just going to be dead weight in the lineup.
    http://yankees.lhblogs.com/2013/04/24/teixeira-2/

Quote Originally Posted by TrueYankee01 View Post
    Great news thanks Snap
    How is that good news? He's a guy who used to hit high 90's. Low 90's is anywhere from 90 to 92. About what he was throwing last spring.

Crow,Tony,Joe,Yogi,Riz,2 Joes Tifoso's Avatar

How is that good news? He's a guy who used to hit high 90's. Low 90's is anywhere from 90 to 92. About what he was throwing last spring.
    If he's hitting that in his 1st rehab "outing", though...

ie, give him a little time
    -Lou 27 (28 in 2014)
    Totus Tuus

Because it's his first simulated game since his surgery.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

Rapada is an "impact player?"

You are clearly oblivious to the whole situation. Do you chime in opinions on everything without assessing the situation?

Thread Information