+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 ... LastLast
    The Sausage King of Chicago Abe Frohman's Avatar

Re: The Injury Update Thread 2013

Quote Originally Posted by wang+cano=future View Post
    Does this still set him up for a June return or would/could it be sooner?
    I want to see him pitch for us as much as anything, but if he didnt contribute or even pitch at all next season, it wouldnt be the worst thing. Hes still only what 23 - 24 ? They can take their time with him.

Actually, they should take their time.
    ? Can switching to Geico really save you 15 % or more on car insurance ? ? Does the postman always ring twice ?

Quote Originally Posted by Abe Frohman View Post
    I want to see him pitch for us as much as anything, but if he didnt contribute or even pitch at all next season, it wouldnt be the worst thing. Hes still only what 23 - 24 ? They can take their time with him.

Actually, they should take their time.
    I agree with one caveat. They should take their time with his rehabbing.
    EvilEmpireDC: Fans bitch about anything lol

27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

The Sausage King of Chicago Abe Frohman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by snapple View Post
    I agree with one caveat. They should take their time with his rehabbing.
    stop following me around. Aren't you made from the best stuff on earth ?

you're better than this.
    ? Can switching to Geico really save you 15 % or more on car insurance ? ? Does the postman always ring twice ?

Derek Jeter ran today for the first time

he’s been given the “green light” to ramp up his rehab and basically do everything a baseball player needs to do to prepare for the season
    http://riveraveblues.com/2013/02/jet...p-rehab-82307/
    “Everything looks nicer when you win. The girls are prettier, the cigars taste better. The trees are greener.”—Billy Martin

According to Girardi, Pineda threw off a full mound today.
    “Everything looks nicer when you win. The girls are prettier, the cigars taste better. The trees are greener.”—Billy Martin

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Gusto View Post
    According to Girardi, Pineda threw off a full mound today.
    Do you have a link for that? According to this, just posted by Yes Network (4:45 p.m.), he's still on a half-mound.
    http://web.yesnetwork.com/news/artic...0794&oid=36019
    Among the topics New York Yankees manager Joe Girardi addressed during his opening Spring Training press conference was the latest on Michael Pineda. The right-hander, while currently throwing off a half-mound and progressing in his recovery from shoulder surgery, won't be making any Grapefruit League appearances.
    "He's throwing now for us," Girardi said. "He's still in the early stages. I don't think we're going to see him in a game in Spring Training, anything like that. He is throwing, we're happy with the way he's progressing and sometime during the summer we hope to see him. "

Quote Originally Posted by Eldee5 View Post
    Do you have a link for that? According to this, just posted by Yes Network (4:45 p.m.), he's still on a half-mound.
    http://web.yesnetwork.com/news/artic...0794&oid=36019
    I saw it on RAB ... http://riveraveblues.com/2013/02/not...ference-82351/

As for Michael Pineda — who did throw off a full mound today — Girardi said he’s “still in the early stages (of rehab) … we’re happy with the way he’s progressing.” Don’t expect to see the right-hander in a Spring Training game.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Gusto View Post
    Thanks for that link. Now if only we knew which source has it right.

Adams already injured himself

http://riveraveblues.com/2013/02/dav...-injury-82394/

Infielder David Adams will not be in big league camp due to a back injury this spring. I don’t know if that means he will instead work out on the minor league side or just isn’t healthy enough to work out all together.

NYYF Legend

wow, kid can't catch a break... his ankle shatters and ever since, he's made of glass
    help feed the hungry:

www.thehungersite.com

NYYF Legend

http://yankees.lhblogs.com/2013/02/1...egular-season/
    Rivera is back and wearing a small knee brace as a precaution. He rated his knee as a 9 out of 10, but said throwing bullpens and going through agility drills will be enough to make him 100 percent by Opening Day.

“I will be at 10 when I’m finished (with spring training),” Rivera said.

It’s obvious that Rivera will do a little more work than normal this spring. It’s unusual for him to throw a bullpen on the first day — he threw 25 pitches this morning — but this wasn’t even his first bullpen of the year. Rivera said he threw some bullpens in New York before flying down here.

Joe Girardi said Rivera will likely throw his regular Grapefruit League among — eight innings or so — but the Yankees might add some simulated games to give him more reps.

“Mo said he’s not going on any road trips,” Girardi said, which means some things certainly won’t change.

Speaking of change: Rivera said he will absolutely continue shagging fly balls during batting practice.

“I don’t want to change,” he said. “I will do whatever it takes to be myself again. I don’t want to be someone that I’m not. I have to be careful? Yeah. I’m always careful. The injury happened because the lord permit it. I have to be ready, and if shagging is part of my routine, then I’ll be doing it. How much? I don’t know, but I’ll be doing it.”

Didn't they find a clot in his blood stream? That's a very fortunate accident.

NYYF Legend

Michael Pineda (shoulder) dropped 20 pounds this offseason and is aiming to be ready at some point in June.

Pineda is still in recovery mode from surgery to repair a labrum tear in his throwing shoulder. "Everything is doing well. Everything has been good," the 24-year-old right-hander said Thursday in Yankees camp. "I’m feeling very excited, I’m feeling good. My shoulder is stronger right now." He is worth stashing in most fantasy formats.

ROTOWORLD

NYYF Legend

Feinsand reports that CC's feeling great after the offseason elbow surgery.
    http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...icle-1.1262649
    After having that left elbow cleaned out this winter, the big southpaw finally admitted that his arm may have been bothering him more than he was willing to acknowledge.

“It was always there; it was pretty much consistent,” Sabathia said. “I had some good starts and bad starts. I can’t make an excuse either way of why I pitched good or bad. It just is what it is.”

Sabathia pitched two brilliant games against the Orioles in their AL division series, including a complete-game effort in the decisive Game 5. He was lit up for six runs over 32/3 innings in Game 4 against the Tigers on Oct. 18, then underwent arthroscopic surgery to remove a bone spur from his elbow eight days later.

Sabathia has been playing catch, reporting no problems with his elbow. He is slated to throw his first bullpen session on Thursday.

“I definitely feel a relief, just having that range of motion back and not having that ache at the end of my extension,” Sabathia said. “I felt that right away, so hopefully I can just continue to get better and continue to feel less. After last year, going through what I went through pretty much the whole second half, playing catch so far, it feels a lot better.”
    Here on NYYFans in the ST photo thread, we've noted how slim CC's looking. He was asked about that also:
    Sabathia appeared to be in good shape as he reported for his fifth spring with the Yankees. He weighed in at 290 pounds, which he said was 10 pounds lighter than he was at the end of last season.

“No Cap’n Crunch,” Sabathia said with a laugh as he recycled a line from a couple years ago. “Same thing I did last offseason, just worked out and watched the diet.

“I worked out every day, just made sure I watched what I ate.”

Don't call it a comeback False1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84 View Post
    Michael Pineda (shoulder) dropped 20 pounds this offseason and is aiming to be ready at some point in June.

Pineda is still in recovery mode from surgery to repair a labrum tear in his throwing shoulder. "Everything is doing well. Everything has been good," the 24-year-old right-hander said Thursday in Yankees camp. "I’m feeling very excited, I’m feeling good. My shoulder is stronger right now." He is worth stashing in most fantasy formats.

ROTOWORLD
    hopefully the weight loss calms some of the folks insisting he wasn't taking rehab seriously. Thanks for the info.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by False1 View Post
    hopefully the weight loss calms some of the folks insisting he wasn't taking rehab seriously. Thanks for the info.
    According to the YES guys on the "Yankees Baseball Tonight" show, he not only lost weight, but his conditioning is much better than it was last spring.

Quote Originally Posted by -tz View Post
    According to the YES guys on the "Yankees Baseball Tonight" show, he not only lost weight, but his conditioning is much better than it was last spring.
    So ... you're saying he's in the best shape of his life?
    "Baseball is about hope, not confidence." -- rajah

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by sweet_lou_14 View Post
    So ... you're saying he's in the best shape of his life?
    Without a doubt!

Quote Originally Posted by False1 View Post
    Wait for it....DUI.

NYYF Legend

RE: Pineda
    http://yankees.lhblogs.com/2013/02/1...-sox-comments/
    • Michael Pineda threw a 25-pitch side this morning. All fastballs. He said everything went well. Still no setbacks for him. “We just have to be wait, and I have to be honest that it’s a question mark,” Brian Cashman said yesterday. “We just don’t know. I’m hoping, because he’s an important piece, that if he’s back and healthy and performing up to his ceiling, that’s a huge thing for us. Right now, I can’t represent any of those things. I just appreciate him working his tail off and doing everything necessary to give it a chance.”
    http://yankees.lhblogs.com/2013/02/15/friday-notes/
    Without much action, the highlight of the day was the early work from Michael Pineda. Joe Girardi said Pineda looked “pretty good,” but what exactly is Girardi even looking for at this point?

“A little bit of arm speed,” Girardi explained. “How the ball comes out of his hand. His mechanics. Does he need a lot of time in between pitches? Those are the things that you look for. When they start taking a lot of time between pitches, you get a little bit concerned. He was, here it is, right to work.”

Girardi said it will be a while before radar gun readings mean anything for Pineda. Right now, the Yankees just want to make sure the delivery itself is nice and easy. Pineda said today’s session went well, and he’s experienced no setbacks in his recovery from shoulder sugery.

“It’s good to see him up there, it really is,” Girardi said.
    RE: Cesar Cabral (From the same two sources, respectively)
    • Cesar Cabral also threw a 25-fastball side this morning. Cabral and Pineda are on the same schedule — “Every day the same,” Cabral said — and just like Pineda, Cabral said he’s happy with the way his arm has responded. “I feel great,” Cabral said. “My arm rotation, everything.”
    • For obvious reasons, Cesar Cabral is easily overshadowed in this situation. He’s on basically the exact same schedule as Pineda, but could be big league ready sooner because he’s a left-handed reliever who doesn’t need to be stretched out. Cabral also threw 25 pitches this morning. “He’s progressing well,” Girardi said. “He’s a guy that, we like the upside in him. We like his arm. But he won’t be quite ready (by the end of spring training).”
    In case you’ve forgotten, Cabral had a chance to beat Clay Rapada for a big league job last spring. It wasn’t until the end of camp that the Yankees discovered a fracture in his elbow. “He had a shot,” Girardi said. “He sure did.”

NYYF Legend

This sounds a bit strange to me. I've gone back and checked and I don't remember Logan being injured at the end of the '12 season, nor did we hear anything during the offseason, so why is he having to "catch up"? Am I forgetting something?
    http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/yanke...YZYOA8hhjc1saI
    * Boone Logan long-tossed yesterday with a white sleeve covering his left elbow, and after the workout, which included fielding drills, the arm was covered with a wrap as he sat at his locker.

“We are being cautious with him,’’ pitching coach Larry Rothschild said about the club’s top lefty reliever. “We have decided to slow him down and make sure he catches up before we give him too much.’’

I think it's because he was overused last season.

Lohud Yankees Blog@LoHudYankees David Adams is here. Said he's roughly a week behind schedule because of a sore back. Said he feels fine now. #yankees

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Jax Teller View Post
    Lohud Yankees Blog@LoHudYankees David Adams is here. Said he's roughly a week behind schedule because of a sore back. Said he feels fine now. #yankees
    Here's the same news with a few more characters:

• David Adams is in big league camp. He said his back was a little sore this winter and the Yankees gave him an epidural last week. He’s roughly a week behind schedule but should be able to fully participate soon. The back hasn’t bothered him in a few days. “I feel pretty good,” he said.
    http://yankees.lhblogs.com/2013/02/1...eras-schedule/

From the same link, Jeter addresses the media:

[Jeter] said his only focus has been getting ready for Opening Day. He doesn’t expect to play in the early spring training games, but Jeter said there’s still plenty of time to get ready. So far, he has only run on a treadmill, but he’s expecting to run on the field tomorrow.

“I’m on Mo’s schedule,” Jeter said. “Five innings and I’ll be ready to go.”

But seriously.

“I’m not concerned with re-injuring the ankle,” he said. “… I know I won’t be playing when they start playing in a week. You can write that down. I’m not playing in that game. I don’t think you necessarily need all of spring training to get ready. There have been years when I’ve played inn the WBC and missed the majority of spring training and was still able to get ready. I don’t know exactly the date that I’m going to play, but it will probably be somewhere there after a couple weeks.”

Thread Information