+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bonds at Yankee Stadium

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=W5gzPEkSAso

Who here was at the game the day he hit this BLAST.

Re: Bonds at Yankee Stadium

damnnnnnnnnnn
    always reasonable

Released Outright

We should sign him for DH.

(jk)

Granderson at Yankee Stadium

Quote Originally Posted by Shakedowncapo View Post

I was.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

Yeah I dont really recall many blasts getting that high in the upper deck, very impressive

Ricky Ledee definitely did in the 90s and I also remember Ruben Sierra hitting a massive shot almost that high once
    “He's a clown. Guy says he's from the 209, what the ................ is that?

-CC Sabathia on Dallas Braden

I was there.

Also went to the RF stands for BP. THAT, was insane. I remember the UTZ sign getting blasted.
    Team Northern Lights

NYYF Cy Young

Missed it.

But I was there the next day when Bonds came up down 2 runs in the bottom of the 9th with 2 outs and a runner on. They intentionally walked him to put the tying run on base and then got a groundout to end the game.

Some people were booing the walk. Not me. I say take the win and run.

Just looked up the box score. He went 0 for 0, a HBP (Clemons) and 4 walks (3 intentional)
    Lesson learned.
    Jimmy G. (Seniority 03/28/1994)
    1994-2008: Main Res MVP Sec. 14, Row G
    2009: Section 330, Row 6
    2010: Section 233A, Row 20
    2011: Section 229, Row 16 *All Sunday Plans*
    2012: No longer STH, liberated!

Yep. Snapped off a sequence of thoroughly mediocre pictures from the stands with a 35mm film camera (remember those?). Didn't actually see where it landed until I saw the replay but I vividly recall the gasp and subsequent "woah" made by the crowd. It was a moonshot.
    Attached Images

I was there.

NYYF Legend

I wasn't
    Yogi is a National Treasure. Let's put him in a National Hall of Fame. The man has no peers.

Good to the last drop CoyoteYankee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StingrayJG View Post
    Missed it.

But I was there the next day when Bonds came up down 2 runs in the bottom of the 9th with 2 outs and a runner on. They intentionally walked him to put the tying run on base and then got a groundout to end the game.

Some people were booing the walk. Not me. I say take the win and run.

Just looked up the box score. He went 0 for 0, a HBP (Clemons) and 4 walks (3 intentional)
    Lesson learned.
    Yeah -- I was at this one too. Missed the fireworks.
    2014 - New Team, New Result

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.

NYYF Legend

Barry Who?
    September 28, 2008 - the day the HOF got a wake-up Moose call.

I don't know if I ever saw Bobby Bonds hit a HR at Yankee Stadium. The year he spent with the Yankees, they played at Shea.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

NYYF Triple Crown

Two beautiful rural acres in Windham, Maine

I was there as well, seated in the upper deck along the third base line. Still remember my jaw dropping the instant he made contact, and following the flight of the ball as if it were a Cape Canaveral rocket launch. It was legendary.
    Yankee fan living in Maine.

Alright, alright, alright... Big_E's Avatar
    37 miles from the Home Office of Baseball

Instead of pointing up to the heavens, he should have been pointing down to his ass.

Fantasy Baseball: Larrupin' Lou's

NYYF Legend

Or his tiny, shrunken testicles
    help feed the hungry:

www.thehungersite.com

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    I don't know if I ever saw Bobby Bonds hit a HR at Yankee Stadium. The year he spent with the Yankees, they played at Shea.
    I remember watching him strike out a lot with a runner in scoring position.

NYYF Legend

I was there. It was a Forum Party day.

Ted Lilly was the victim ... You can read about it in the Game Thread, starting here:

http://forums.nyyfans.com/showthread...l=1#post480741

DnIoRmTaYh:
    wow Bonds took one deep??

High, far??

Can someone who doesnt think Im trying to aggravate give me some details??
    Gringaloca:
    Bell walked...Aurilia singles to left ..Barry crushes one 588 ft to the upper deck....3 - 0...Kent grounds out to Jete...Santiago grounds out to Sori(?)...Sanders lines one to left....Snow K's ..to end inning...

You're welcome.... ...now behave yourself today....

I was at that game
    Ain't it EVIL to LIVE backwards

R-I-P, Mr. Nelson Mandela Jersey Yankee's Avatar
    Formerly Brooklyn & Joisey; now just right behind you ... BOO!!!

That was the forum party, so quite a few of us were there. Jim F was there, and I think Brian also.

That thing sparked the debate about whether a slugger should be pitched around in the 1st inning. Some would say, "Well, that guy's not exactly Barry Bonds, so no need to". As it turned out, it WAS Barry Bonds ... and people STILL didn't want to see the IBB. That philosophy must count for more than the end results.

Ted Lilly, a young southpaw, served up a 3-run blast that ping-ponged into the upper deck in all of about 1/2 second.

We lost the game in the 10th. Mo struck up Bonds to end the 9th w/bases empty. The Giants scored runs off Mo in the 10th, and they closed us out. Only proves that Bonds should've been IBB'd in the 1st inning, since we could've won that game (w/Mo whiffing Bonds w/bases empty, going 1-2-3).
    Dr King (1929-68): Make the Dream a Reality.
    RIP, Nelson Mandela, Jackie #42 & Rosa Parks; Ali: Get up…get up; Isaac Hayes; Stevie Wonder: Isn't She Lovely?; Dr J: Fear the 'Fro; Smokin' Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Stick Michael View Post
    Yep. Snapped off a sequence of thoroughly mediocre pictures from the stands with a 35mm film camera (remember those?). Didn't actually see where it landed until I saw the replay but I vividly recall the gasp and subsequent "woah" made by the crowd. It was a moonshot.
    Moonshot? I think that it landed around where the old Polo Grounds were.
    RIP, Nelson Mandela, Jackie #42 & Rosa Parks; Ali: Get up…get up; Isaac Hayes; Stevie Wonder: Isn't She Lovely?; Dr J: Fear the 'Fro; Smokin' Joe

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Yankee View Post
    We lost the game in the 10th. Mo struck up Bonds to end the 9th w/bases empty. The Giants scored runs off Mo in the 10th, and they closed us out. Only proves that Bonds should've been IBB'd in the 1st inning, since we could've won that game (w/Mo whiffing Bonds w/bases empty, going 1-2-3).
    Not quite right. For one thing, the game went the regulation nine, not ten, and Mo pitched only one inning.

Nick Johnson had tied the game in the second with a three-run homer of his own, and it remained tied 3-3 until the ninth. Mo got the first out on a lineout, but he then (of all things) walked Rich Aurilia ahead of Bonds. He did, indeed, then strike out Bonds for the second out, but Jeff Kent reached on a bloop single, putting runners on the corners with two outs, and the eventual winning run scored when Benito Santiago reached on an error by Soriano (Alfonso, that is). Mo then struck out Richie Sanders to end the inning. In the bottom of the frame, Robb Nenn retired the heart of the Yankee order, Giambi, Williams and Posada, on two grounders to first and a fly ball to left.

You don't get none with Nenn, as Gringaloca observed in the Game Thread. And Mo never was quite as sharp in tie games.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/bo...00206080.shtml

I was there too.
    NYYFans Fantasy Baseball:
    CBS: Evil Empire
    Yahoo: Special OPS

Quote Originally Posted by -tz View Post
    Not quite right. For one thing, the game went the regulation nine, not ten, and Mo pitched only one inning.

Nick Johnson had tied the game in the second with a three-run homer of his own, and it remained tied 3-3 until the ninth. Mo got the first out on a lineout, but he then (of all things) walked Rich Aurilia ahead of Bonds. He did, indeed, then strike out Bonds for the second out, but Jeff Kent reached on a bloop single, putting runners on the corners with two outs, and the eventual winning run scored when Benito Santiago reached on an error by Soriano (Alfonso, that is). Mo then struck out Richie Sanders to end the inning. In the bottom of the frame, Robb Nenn retired the heart of the Yankee order, Giambi, Williams and Posada, on two grounders to first and a fly ball to left.

You don't get none with Nenn, as Gringaloca observed in the Game Thread. And Mo never was quite as sharp in tie games.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/bo...00206080.shtml
    I see that you'd already supplied the link ... which is the same one that I was gonna post. Oh well.

I suppose that you were correct. But only because I know ya.

Thread Information