Busch Stadium (III), St. Louis, MO
    Chase Field, Phoenix, AZ
    Comerica Park, Detroit, MI
    Nationals Park, Washington, DC
    Marlins Park, Miami, FL
    PNC Park, Pittsburgh, PA
    Target Field, Minneapolis, MN
    US Cellular Field, Chicago, IL
    Very impressive list of visited ballparks.

I've been to three NYY road trips on your "pending" list. AT&T Park 2007, PNC Park 2008, and US Cellular Field 2010.

You will absolutely love the first two. Probably some of the most picturesque views as you look out from behind home plate, especially in the upper deck.
    I wasn't too impressed with US Cellular. I would say it was neither a good nor bad Stadium, kind of blah in the way of character if you ask me, which kind of surprised me since it's not that old. It's not that close to downtown either. You feel more like you're on the outskirts when you're there, as opposed to Wrigley Field giving you the feeling of still being "in" Chicago. It's still a nice place, just thought it was very "plain" and lacked character. You'll have to tell me if you agree after you've had a chance to experience it.

We're doing Cleveland and Washington NYY road trips this season. Looking forward to checking two more off the list.
    Jimmy G. (Seniority 03/28/1994)
    1994-2008: Main Res MVP Sec. 14, Row G
    2009: Section 330, Row 6
    2010: Section 233A, Row 20
    2011: Section 229, Row 16 *All Sunday Plans*
    2012: No longer STH, liberated!

Re: Visiting Other Ballparks

I travel every summer with a group of friends to see a different ballpark. We're heading to Phoenix next month so I'll be able to cross Chase Field off the list (normally we go later in the summer, July/Aug, but no one wants to be in Phoenix at that time of year). I'm thinking that Pittsburgh might get the nod for '13 but I won't know until we have our vote while we're in Phoenix.

Quote Originally Posted by StingrayJG View Post
    I wasn't too impressed with US Cellular.
    The White Sox made the mistake of designing a new stadium before Camden Yards showed everyone how it should be done. US Cellular was under construction next door to old Comiskey Park when our group went to Chicago in 1990. We visited Wrigley and took a side trip to Milwaukee (County Stadium) on that same trip. Haven't been back to Chicago since (other than for some flight connections at O'Hare).

We're doing Cleveland and Washington NYY road trips this season.
    We visited Cleveland during the Indians' long sellout streak. That made it interesting to get tickets. I ended up buying tickets from scalpers on the street and our group got split up into four separate groups of two. Loved the stadium.
    I can't complain but sometimes I still do. - Joe Walsh

Forum Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    We're planning a trip up to Seattle and want to incoporate a Yankee game.

Any tips for places to stay in seattle area? Places to avoid?

Do we need to pre-buy tickets for the game or can we get them on game day? Is Stubhub a better option closer to game day?

Good sections to sit? Sections to avoid.

Any other suggestions for thing to do in Seattle welcome as we'er planning a week up there.

Thanks in advance!
    I don't know if Seattle really has areas to avoid in the way that you might be thinking. Aurora Ave and Belltown have some streetwalkers and there are panhandlers just north of the stadium, but that's about it really.

If it weren't for the fact that you were seeing the Yankees (hugely popular draw), I'd say just stubhub day of. I've been getting 20 rows behind the dugout for $40 lately.

Great list RamMan....

Here's mine w/pics

Ive been to about more than 1/2 of the MLB stadiums. 2012 will include 2 teams Ive seen play in their old stadium against the Yanks and both with new stadiums to visit... Yanks @ MIA and Yanks @ DC

Great American Ballpark 2011 Yankees @ Cincinnati Reds

Camden Yards - Yankees @ Orioles 2009

Land Shark Stadium aka Dolphin Stadium 2009 - Yankees @ Marlins

Yankee Stadium - Cubs @ Yankees 2009

Citifield - SJU vs Gtown 2009

Rogers Centre - WBC 2009 opening round USA vs Canada/USA vs Venezuela

Angels Stadium - Yankees @ Anaheim 2008

Metrodome - Yankees @ Twins 2008

AT&T Park - Yankees @ Giants 2007

Coors Field - Yankees @ Rockies 2007

RFK Stadium - Yankees @ Nationals 2006

Citizens Bank Park - Yankees @ Phillies 2006

Petco Park - WBC 2006 Finals - Japan vs Korea

Fenway Park - Boston Massacre 2006 Yankees @ Red Sox

Al Lang Field - 2005 Spring Training Yankees @ Devil Rays

Legends Field 2005

Busch Stadium - Yankees @ Cardinals 2005

PNC Park 2004 Reds @ Pirates

Olympic Park - Final game in Montreal 2004

Bank One Ballpark - Yankees @ Diamondbacks 2004

Wrigley Field - Yankees @ Cubs 2003

Turner Field 2000 ASG

Veterans Stadium - Yankees @ Phillies 1997
    My NYY Room http://tinyurl.com/y89l8up
    My NYY Hats http://tinyurl.com/yauhxsg
    My NYY Jerseys http://tinyurl.com/ydsggo4
    My Jeter Kicks http://tinyurl.com/yee5tzl

Quote Originally Posted by Zzyzx View Post
    I don't know if Seattle really has areas to avoid in the way that you might be thinking. Aurora Ave and Belltown have some streetwalkers and there are panhandlers just north of the stadium, but that's about it really.

If it weren't for the fact that you were seeing the Yankees (hugely popular draw), I'd say just stubhub day of. I've been getting 20 rows behind the dugout for $40 lately.
    Craigslist always works too. There's no streets to avoid except by the stadium. Not sure if you'll be driving. Just stay away from Edgar Martinez Drive, which is closed after the game. Traffic isn't much fun. Parking across the street from the ferry is great to save some $$.
    [

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    We're planning a trip up to Seattle and want to incoporate a Yankee game.

Any tips for places to stay in seattle area? Places to avoid?

Do we need to pre-buy tickets for the game or can we get them on game day? Is Stubhub a better option closer to game day?

Good sections to sit? Sections to avoid.

Any other suggestions for thing to do in Seattle welcome as we'er planning a week up there.

Thanks in advance!

Safeco Field has no bad seat in the house. Are you driving around and seeing Washington State at all? If so, my hometown, Port Townsend is a great place to go. Also, Bellingham is great too. I PM'ed you so if you have any questions, want any help, just send me a message.
    [

Quote Originally Posted by PuffNettles9 View Post

Here's mine w/pics
    Nice photos. Unfortunately, a lot of my stadium visits occurred before the advent of digital photography.
    I can't complain but sometimes I still do. - Joe Walsh

Quote Originally Posted by Boogiedown Bomber View Post
    Thinking of getting tickets to the Yanks/Orioles game on April 10th at Camden Yards. I would like to be close to the field, so I was thinking of sitting behind the Yankees dugout. However, nearly all of the tix are sold and the ones I have seen on Stubhub are higher than I would like to pay. Is Stubhub my only option? Any info great appreciated.
    Was in Balt. last night to see Yankees first win of 2012. The place was fixed up and looks good for it's 20th annv. Mostly Yankee fans in the lower bowl sections on either side of Yankee dugout. LOUD! (Seemed like a home game.) Surprised to see so many open seats though on a nice night with nice weather and during Spring Break. Camden Yard prices to compare to this year's NYS not as yet known food prices: Seat Cost - 10 rows behind dugout: $48; $8 domestic beers (16oz); $4.75 hot dogs; $8 funnel cakes (very popular and had the longest continuous line by far!); $25 garage parking (over night). 16 oz. Dasani water: $4.50. NO BOTTLED SODA TO BE FOUND! Overall, the people of Baltimore are most welcoming and tolerant of the Yankee fans. I'll be back next Yankees series.

I just came home from the Sea/Oak trip. Safeco was real nice, Oak is a dump. I dont think they have beer vendors, if they did I never saw one. Believe it or not the fans were pretty big jerks as well. They were screaming about steroids every time Arod came up to bat. I politely reminded the A's fan next to me about Balco being named for the Bay Area and questioned if he recalled the Bash Brothers at all. He apparently lost his hearing about the exact time I asked him

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Pat2390 View Post
    I just came home from the Sea/Oak trip. Safeco was real nice, Oak is a dump. I dont think they have beer vendors, if they did I never saw one. Believe it or not the fans were pretty big jerks as well. They were screaming about steroids every time Arod came up to bat. I politely reminded the A's fan next to me about Balco being named for the Bay Area and questioned if he recalled the Bash Brothers at all. He apparently lost his hearing about the exact time I asked him
    Yeah Oakland fans can be "classy" but in fairness we Yankee fans can be just as big jerks. I was at the Friday night game and my section was pretty good on both sides of teh fan spectrum. No really drunk jerks or "Yankee sucks" chants surprisingly enough. As for beer vendors, it is a CA law, no alcohol vendors in the stands, period. This goes for concerts and sproting events and goes back to the 1970s. You have to go to the consession stands and it is strict 2 drink per ID. Living in the Bay Area I concur, the O.co is a dump.

And I too made my 1st trip up to the Emerald city which was a great vacation place. We made the Wednesday afternoon game and the stadium is beautiful. We just bought tickets on walkup and sat in right field near Ichiro. Great sightlines in that park as we got there early and walked all the way around. But the fans were much worse than what he had in Oakland in our section, go figure. One fan was even ejected and a loud chorus of "Yankees Suck" was strated in our section right after Nix cleared the bases. And I will say both parking ($35) and tickets ($62) were more than double what we pay in Oakland for similar seats, but then you get what you pay for I suppose. Stadium food was pricey as always but pretty good selection of food choices and micro-brews. They did have beer vendors in the stands but I only saw him come by once in our section.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

I saw last Saturday's Yanks-A's game at the Coliseum, and Monday night's Padres-Giants game at Whichever Telecom Corporation Park. I thought Oakland was not nearly as bad a stadium as I'd been led to believe (except the food was awful), nor was SF as exceptional as I'd been led to believe. Sensational view of the bay, but unexceptional food, and surprisingly difficult to get out of - every other one of the new generation of ballparks I've been to had easy, quick egress (Camden Yards, Jacobs or whatever Field, Petco, Busch, Target, NYS); getting out of AT&T rreminded me of the old Yankee Stadium, with slow, crowded ramps that stopped dead as you went further down.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

Forum Regular

Does anyone know the policy for viewing batting practice in Baltimore? I read a few things on other sites about how they only let season ticket holders into the infield area. Sounds kinda crazy to me so any input would be appreciated.

Season ticket holders get to go down by field 2 hrs prior, regular tics will get you in 1 1/2 hours prior, they dont restrict what section you can go down to until BP is over, hope this helps

Forum Regular

Quote Originally Posted by ndnboy View Post
    Season ticket holders get to go down by field 2 hrs prior, regular tics will get you in 1 1/2 hours prior, they dont restrict what section you can go down to until BP is over, hope this helps

I wonder how that would work with a Stubhub e-ticket. I'm guessing I bought off a season ticket holder, but not sure how to check.

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by tonytarasco View Post
    I wonder how that would work with a Stubhub e-ticket. I'm guessing I bought off a season ticket holder, but not sure how to check.
    This happened to me once and I was able to get in 2 hours before the game instead of 1 1/2. You have to go and get your ticket stamped at a kiosk close to where you go in (by the Babe Ruth statue).

Forum Regular

Quote Originally Posted by MoVaughnEatsAlot View Post
    This happened to me once and I was able to get in 2 hours before the game instead of 1 1/2. You have to go and get your ticket stamped at a kiosk close to where you go in (by the Babe Ruth statue).
    I will definitely do that. Thanks!

If the tentative schedule is correct and the Yanks are coming to SD next year, I hope many of you try to make it out here. Petco is a beautiful ballpark smack in the center of downtown San Diego. There are many fine hotels within walking distance of the ballpark.(Parking is a premium in downtown, unfortunately. But the trolley can get you right to the park from outside of downtown, too.) For dining before the game, check out the Gaslamp District.

Forum Regular

Anyone have any tips on visiting Fenway from New York? Starting to plan a long weekend for next season. What's a good area to stay in that's connected to Boston's subway? Any tips on places to eat or things to do? Thanks

What Hotels do the Yankees Stay When on the Road?

When in Oakland they stay at the St Regis Hotel in San Francisco.
    I assume they will stay at the SLS Hotel in Beverly Hills when they play the Dodgers.

Forum Regular

Re: What Hotels do the Yankees Stay When on the Road?

Holiday Inn Express

Gotta cut the budget somewhere

NYYF Legend

The last thing the team needs is more groupies or stalkers.

Andy
    Yogi is a National Treasure. Let's put him in a National Hall of Fame. The man has no peers.

Quote Originally Posted by Nome View Post
    The last thing the team needs is more groupies or stalkers.

Andy
    I don't know, some of the players - the BUC/back-of-the-bullpen types - might appreciate a few more camp followers.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

Does anyone know the answer to this for Toronto?

I know it's not the hotel at the ballpark.

Games at Camden Yards

I apologize, but I couldn't find the thread about seeing games in other ballparks. Moderators, feel free to move.

Some friends and I are going to try to meet up in Baltimore for the June series vs the Sox. If we want to get seats behind the dugout or similar, do you think it will be better just get them when they go on sale, or wait until StubHub prices fall?

It's a $95 face value and I'm going to need at least 4 seats. I think the Orioles are going to be pretty good this year, and want to believe that the Red Sox still travel well.

Does anyone have any experience with something similar last season?

Forum Regular

Re: Games at Camden Yards

The past 3 years I have had a group outing against the Yanks in Baltimore for a game on the weekend. As the game got closer the price of tickets went up to way over face on stubhub. My advice would be to try to get tix in the $65 price level as it is $30 cheaper the the seats closer to the plate when they go on sale in 2 weeks. Spend the remaining money to go to pickles pub or another bar behind the stadium.

Thread Information