+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 148
  1. #101

    Re: Kevin Youkilis ?

    "begging" how exactly?

    they made him a mostly reasonable offer (given their circumstances) because they have a spot he can fill for them. they haven't even made Jeter or Cano (I assume A-Rod would be a non-start in this situation) call him and suck up, have they?

  2. #102

    Re: Kevin Youkilis ?

    Quote Originally Posted by unfamous loser View Post
    "begging" how exactly?

    they made him a mostly reasonable offer (given their circumstances) because they have a spot he can fill for them. they haven't even made Jeter or Cano (I assume A-Rod would be a non-start in this situation) call him and suck up, have they?
    You may call the offer "reasonable;" I do not. It reeks of desperation. I was lementing the fact that we're forced to make such offers. I doubt Cashman actually drove to his house and got down on his knees; do you always take things so literally?

  3. #103

    Re: Kevin Youkilis ?

    I don't even think figuratively they've begged him though, which was my point.

    they made him an offer and are letting him decide on it -- that's it. they haven't, from what I've seen reported, even had a Yankee or two call him and butter him up some (a typical move for this team and most that really, really are after a player) and the offer isn't ridiculously OTT itself either, even if one disagrees with it, given that it's for one year.

  4. #104

    Re: Kevin Youkilis ?

    Heyman is reporting that the Indians are very close to a deal with Mark Reynolds. I'm not that up on what exactly Cleveland is looking for but I'm guessing that if they do finish up with Reynolds, they wouldn't have a need for Youkilis.

    ETA: Update from Heyman: "#indians planning to go with youngster lonnie chisenhall at 3b. so reynolds deal takes Youk off cleveland's board"

  5. #105

    Re: Kevin Youkilis ?

    Quote Originally Posted by skyblue17 View Post
    Heyman is reporting that the Indians are very close to a deal with Mark Reynolds. I'm not that up on what exactly Cleveland is looking for but I'm guessing that if they do finish up with Reynolds, they wouldn't have a need for Youkilis.

    ETA: Update from Heyman: "#indians planning to go with youngster lonnie chisenhall at 3b. so reynolds deal takes Youk off cleveland's board"
    Cashman: "Hey Kevin-- what do you mean $12M? I said $1.2M. Yeah, get back to us and give us your answer. You have 30 seconds-- I have Nunez' mom on the other line. She's crying."
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

  6. #106

    Re: Kevin Youkilis ?

    Quote Originally Posted by unfamous loser View Post
    I don't even think figuratively they've begged him though, which was my point.

    they made him an offer and are letting him decide on it -- that's it. they haven't, from what I've seen reported, even had a Yankee or two call him and butter him up some (a typical move for this team and most that really, really are after a player) and the offer isn't ridiculously OTT itself either, even if one disagrees with it, given that it's for one year.
    I understand your points. Perhaps "resorting" would have been a better word choice on my part.

  7. #107
    NYYF Legend

    goin for 27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Connecticut

    Re: Kevin Youkilis ?

    I am doing back flips with Reynolds off the board. I know that he was never seriously in play here, but I was quietly terrified. Fine with Youkilis, only really worried about his durability.
    Goin for 2<strike>7</strike>8!

  8. #108
    Pinpoint False1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Arizona

    Re: Kevin Youkilis ?

    Quote Originally Posted by goin for 27 View Post
    I am doing back flips with Reynolds off the board. I know that he was never seriously in play here, but I was quietly terrified. Fine with Youkilis, only really worried about his durability.
    I know I'm in the minority on this, and I know it's not purely rational, but I would have actually preferred Reynolds to Youkilis by a very large margin. I hope the Yankees pull that offer. I legitimately dislike Youkilis as a player. I'd rather they pull someone up from the minors.

  9. #109
    NYYF Legend

    goin for 27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Connecticut

    Re: Kevin Youkilis ?

    Quote Originally Posted by False1 View Post
    I know I'm in the minority on this, and I know it's not purely rational, but I would have actually preferred Reynolds to Youkilis by a very large margin. I hope the Yankees pull that offer. I legitimately dislike Youkilis as a player. I'd rather they pull someone up from the minors.
    I know that Reynolds is half price, but he is just such a strikeout machine. That, and an absolute butcher on defense. 15 games played at 3B last year, and 6 errors. Youkilis played 111 games at 3B last year, and had 9 errors.

    I just can't stomach Reynolds.
    Goin for 2<strike>7</strike>8!

  10. #110

    Re: Kevin Youkilis ?

    Quote Originally Posted by False1 View Post
    I know I'm in the minority on this, and I know it's not purely rational, but I would have actually preferred Reynolds to Youkilis by a very large margin. I hope the Yankees pull that offer. I legitimately dislike Youkilis as a player. I'd rather they pull someone up from the minors.
    I can't stand Youkilis, but I'm mentally preparing myself for having to root for him, much in the same way I was preparing myself in late 2008 when it appeared the Yankees were going to get Manny.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

  11. #111
    NYYF Legend

    ymike673's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn,NY

    Re: Kevin Youkilis ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    I can't stand Youkilis, but I'm mentally preparing myself for having to root for him, much in the same way I was preparing myself in late 2008 when it appeared the Yankees were going to get Manny.

    I am not a fan of Youk but I will have an easier time rooting for him than I had rooting for Boggs, Damon or Clemens when they put on the pinstripes.

  12. #112
    Addicted Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Canandaigua, NY

    Re: Kevin Youkilis ?

    I think Youk is a good choice. He can play 3rd or 1st so even after ARod comes back he can give Tex some days off. He is a righty with some pop and would do a nice job at DH or coming off the bench. Some people don't like his attitude bitching at the umps at times but I think they may confusing attitude with competitiveness. Plus this is a one year deal.
    Yogi - Its tough to make predictions, especially about the future.

  13. #113
    Big Poppa dabomb2045's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY

    Re: Kevin Youkilis ?

    Quote Originally Posted by False1 View Post
    I know I'm in the minority on this, and I know it's not purely rational, but I would have actually preferred Reynolds to Youkilis by a very large margin. I hope the Yankees pull that offer. I legitimately dislike Youkilis as a player. I'd rather they pull someone up from the minors.
    I dont like him either but I've rooted for other guys I've hated before too (Clemens, Sheffield, Mondesi, Canseco, Benitez etc) so I'd be able to do it for him. Whatever is best for the team I go with.

  14. #114
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    The Bronx

    Re: Kevin Youkilis ?

    I expect Youk to be a Yankee in 2013
    The real reason why the Yankees keep winning is cause the other team can't stop staring at the damn pinstripes

  15. #115
    NYYF Legend

    goin for 27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Connecticut

    Re: Kevin Youkilis ?

    I don't have a link, but I read somewhere that Youkilis was making his decision after the weekend, so either way.....we will know very soon.
    Goin for 2<strike>7</strike>8!

  16. #116

    Re: Kevin Youkilis ?

    What's the hate on Youkilis anyway? I can't remember him saying retarded stuff like Manny about us?

  17. #117

    Re: Kevin Youkilis ?

    Quote Originally Posted by grizy View Post
    What's the hate on Youkilis anyway? I can't remember him saying retarded stuff like Manny about us?
    Until basically his final year in the Major leagues, Manny Ramirez was an elite, all time great hitter.

  18. #118
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Turn my headphones up

    Re: Kevin Youkilis ?

    Quote Originally Posted by grizy View Post
    What's the hate on Youkilis anyway? I can't remember him saying retarded stuff like Manny about us?
    Well, him and Joba would probably be on the same roster. Hehe

  19. #119
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Brooklyn

    Re: Kevin Youkilis ?

    Dave Cameron suggested last night that with the $12M the Rays saved in the fleecing of the Royals, they should turn around and use it to sign Youk.

  20. #120
    NYYF Legend

    4bronxbombers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

    Re: Kevin Youkilis ?

    If he ends up in the Bronx, I hope he stops his whining and bitching about calls, hanging over the plate and that dumbass batting stance (wishful thinking that he'll stop....). I hope he doesn't end up here but slim pickins' I know.....

  21. #121
    Pinpoint False1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Arizona

    Re: Kevin Youkilis ?

    Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    I am not a fan of Youk but I will have an easier time rooting for him than I had rooting for Boggs, Damon or Clemens when they put on the pinstripes.
    Not me, not even close. I actively rooted against those guys, and as a young fan Boggs gave me fits since Mattingly was my hero and Boggs was his batting title nemesis. But I respected his game, and was too young to let any of the off-field stuff affect my perception of him. Damon and Clemens - also actively rooted against those dudes, but never really had disdain for them.

    Youkilis - again it's not purely rational, but I just cannot stand anything about that guy. His batting stance annoys me, watching him practice it on the top steps of the dugout annoys me, b*tching about every strike call annoys me. The only time I ever enjoyed watching him on the field was when Porcello was body slamming him behind the pitcher's mound.

    It seems inevitable at this point. Not thrilled about it at all.

  22. #122

    Re: Kevin Youkilis ?

    Quote Originally Posted by False1 View Post
    Not me, not even close. I actively rooted against those guys, and as a young fan Boggs gave me fits since Mattingly was my hero and Boggs was his batting title nemesis. But I respected his game, and was too young to let any of the off-field stuff affect my perception of him. Damon and Clemens - also actively rooted against those dudes, but never really had disdain for them.

    Youkilis - again it's not purely rational, but I just cannot stand anything about that guy. His batting stance annoys me, watching him practice it on the top steps of the dugout annoys me, b*tching about every strike call annoys me. The only time I ever enjoyed watching him on the field was when Porcello was body slamming him behind the pitcher's mound.

    It seems inevitable at this point. Not thrilled about it at all.
    Just watched that video. Wow. Porcello wrecked him
    EvilEmpireDC: Fans bitch about anything lol

  23. #123
    Pinpoint False1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Arizona

    Re: Kevin Youkilis ?

    Quote Originally Posted by goin for 27 View Post
    I know that Reynolds is half price, but he is just such a strikeout machine. That, and an absolute butcher on defense. 15 games played at 3B last year, and 6 errors. Youkilis played 111 games at 3B last year, and had 9 errors.

    I just can't stomach Reynolds.
    Trust me, I didn't want Reynolds either. But given the choice...

  24. #124

    Re: Kevin Youkilis ?

    Quote Originally Posted by False1 View Post
    Trust me, I didn't want Reynolds either. But given the choice...
    Oh, I would have much rather had Reynolds over Youk. I have a strange feeling Reynolds could hit in YS.
    EvilEmpireDC: Fans bitch about anything lol

  25. #125
    Pinpoint False1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Arizona

    Re: Kevin Youkilis ?

    Quote Originally Posted by snapple View Post
    Just watched that video. Wow. Porcello wrecked him
    You should see Mr. C's photoshop of that one. Priceless. And "The Shining" one.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts