+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 11 12 13 14
    NYYF Cy Young

Re: Alex Rodriguez To Have Hip Surgery- Miss Part of 2013 Season

Rodriguez intends to recover from his hip operation and play out the remaining five years on his contract, Yahoo's Tim Brown reports. "Alex is working diligently on his rehabilitation and looks forward to getting back on the field as soon as possible," one source close to Rodriguez told Brown. The third baseman has not heard from MLB or from the Yankees since this week's news broke. Rodriguez doesn't have interest in a discounted buyout and probably wouldn't approve a trade away from the Yankees.
    Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/#IYqxCTviA1CHZqsG.99
    [SIZE=3]"Scooter - RIP and thank you for being part of my childhood"[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    No. More A-Rod.
    Well played.

No. More A-Rod.
    Not the first time my enthusiasm was stopped by a period.
    “Everything looks nicer when you win. The girls are prettier, the cigars taste better. The trees are greener.”—Billy Martin

Quote Originally Posted by Gusto View Post
    Nice one.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

Quote Originally Posted by ArodEra View Post
    Gold diggers usually sport Louis Vuitton bags. Does this look like a Louis Vuitton?

Hahaha I had totally forgotten about this photoshop job. Love it.

The Sausage King of Chicago Abe Frohman's Avatar

Touche.
    ? Can switching to Geico really save you 15 % or more on car insurance ? ? Does the postman always ring twice ?

that's pretty funny.

No. More A-Rod.
    Awesome
    Boo for trading Prado.

NYYF Triple Crown

Two beautiful rural acres in Windham, Maine

So, if and when ARod returns to the lineup, how will Yankee fans treat him from now on? Will he be embraced and welcomed back into the fold? Or will he be villified no matter what he does on the field?
    Yankee fan living in Maine.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by apalradio View Post
    So, if and when ARod returns to the lineup, how will Yankee fans treat him from now on? Will he be embraced and welcomed back into the fold? Or will he be villified no matter what he does on the field?
    Well, he's had a lot of experience with both and he appeared to have gotten to the point of not caring what the fans think. He'll hear it from both sides, but if he can approach any of the damage he inflicted in 2009, the boos will probably subside. I wish he was Yankee history, but as long as he's out there, I've got to support him.
    September 28, 2008 - the day the HOF got a wake-up Moose call.

The gerbil lives Zimmers' Helmet's Avatar

In his prime, A-Rod was one of the greatest overall talents to grace a baseball field.
    Unfortunately, I've never seen a player with his rare ability to constantly suck the life out of a team with his ongoing presence.
    The man is a constant lightning rod for drama. It's all A-Rod, all the time. Quite tired of it.
    "Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever." - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

Quote Originally Posted by Zimmers' Helmet View Post
    In his prime, A-Rod was one of the greatest overall talents to grace a baseball field.
    Unfortunately, I've never seen a player with his rare ability to constantly suck the life out of a team with his ongoing presence.
    The man is a constant lightning rod for drama. It's all A-Rod, all the time. Quite tired of it.
    I am in complete agreement here. I applaud his mvps and 09 post season, to me he was a Yankee great for the time he was productive and while on the field I was always a fan. But the drama is just frustrating. I am at the end of my patience with it at this point. And I blame the media as much as I blame him since it's been a witch hunt from the first day he put on a uniform here. Yes, he brought on much of it on his own, but there is a percentage that comes from those who were looking to find and exploit what they could for a story.
    Boo for trading Prado.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    I am in complete agreement here. I applaud his mvps and 09 post season, to me he was a Yankee great for the time he was productive and while on the field I was always a fan. But the drama is just frustrating. I am at the end of my patience with it at this point. And I blame the media as much as I blame him since it's been a witch hunt from the first day he put on a uniform here. Yes, he brought on much of it on his own, but there is a percentage that comes from those who were looking to find and exploit what they could for a story.
    Ya know - I'm on board with this.... but I just can't give up on the guy.
    Maybe I'm too much of a positive thinker (believe it or not) but I really believe that Alex has plenty left in the tank to be productive.
    What frustrates me is that he is always the lightning rod for any story.
    And the writers do it to sell copy while often not checking sources and going wildly off on a tangent about anything they can dream up about the guy.

To me, Alex has changed a lot since coming to the Yankees in 2003. Many choose not to believe it and that it's a facade but he looks like, sounds like and acts like it 'being all about the team'. Up until 2008/09 it wasn't like that. I didn't get that feeling when he spoke.

I still believe in the guy. I still think he has what it takes to help the New York Yankees win Championships.
    Call me crazy - you won't be the first!
    “Begin each day as if it were on purpose........”—Alex Hitchens

Quote Originally Posted by effdamets View Post
    Maybe I'm too much of a positive thinker (believe it or not) but I really believe that Alex has plenty left in the tank to be productive.
    And the writers do it to sell copy while often not checking sources and going wildly off on a tangent about anything they can dream up about the guy.

To me, Alex has changed a lot since coming to the Yankees in 2003. Many choose not to believe it and that it's a facade but he looks like, sounds like and acts like it 'being all about the team'. Up until 2008/09 it wasn't like that. I didn't get that feeling when he spoke.

I still believe in the guy. I still think he has what it takes to help the New York Yankees win Championships.
    I think he still has something left in the tank-- as long as they actually fixed the hip issue. The guy has been playing the past two seasons with at least one bad hip each year. He hasn't been putting up A-Rod -like numbers, but he hasn't been as horrible as some make it out. I'd like to see the power numbers come up of course, and maybe now they will if the hip thing is over, but batting .276 and .272 while injured most of those two years makes me think he's not through.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

Quote Originally Posted by effdamets View Post

I hope you're right. I'd like to believe he's still got greatness left as well. I just want the drama to end. It's my only criticism.
    Boo for trading Prado.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Zimmers' Helmet View Post
    I completely agree. I wish he would just go away.

He will just continue to bring negative attention to the team.
    “I love winning man! It’s like, better than LOSING!” ~ Ebby Calvin “Nuke” LaLoosh

Villified like no other. Seriously, I do not know how he could even continue playing for the Yankees. He better put some million dollar ear plugs in his ears during home (and likely away too) games. He's just not liked.
    All minor league game box scores I post come from here:

http://riveraveblues.com/minors/down-on-the-farm/

I think he still has something left in the tank-- as long as they actually fixed the hip issue. The guy has been playing the past two seasons with at least one bad hip each year. He hasn't been putting up A-Rod -like numbers, but he hasn't been as horrible as some make it out. I'd like to see the power numbers come up of course, and maybe now they will if the hip thing is over, but batting .276 and .272 while injured most of those two years makes me think he's not through.
    Agree 100%. He will need to mentally get past fan reactions, which might become a bigger obstacle than his hip.
    “Everything looks nicer when you win. The girls are prettier, the cigars taste better. The trees are greener.”—Billy Martin

Addicted Member

He will be the most hated and booed Yankee in the history of the team.
    Join my classic video gaming forums, Zap!
    www.zaponline.org/forums

Quote Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
    He will be the most hated and booed Yankee in the history of the team.
    Hasn't he been already? Maybe LaTroy Hawkins...who else?
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

Addicted Member

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    Hasn't he been already? Maybe LaTroy Hawkins...who else?
    Maybe, but if you think he was hated and booed before, you ain't seen nothing yet (if this PED story is true). Let's say all goes well with his rehab and he's activated in July, then serves a 50 game ban. Well, can you imagine his first at-bat of the year around late August? Wow.
    Join my classic video gaming forums, Zap!
    www.zaponline.org/forums

Maybe, but if you think he was hated and booed before, you ain't seen nothing yet (if this PED story is true). Let's say all goes well with his rehab and he's activated in July, then serves a 50 game ban. Well, can you imagine his first at-bat of the year around late August? Wow.
    Poor guy.

He'll probably cry himself to sleep on his huge pile of money and discarded model lingerie.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

I'd love to see him go away ! What other team would want him without the NYY paying 90% of his salary ?

Maybe he will change to a Korean name, like Bu Yu Suk, and imagine everyone is cheering for him.

Thread Information