+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Invoices? or has everyone else...

seen this except me until this weekend. I'm assuming this is for FULL season holders and that they would notify us when and if partial plan payments were starting... Especially when I SPECIFICALLY stated I did NOT want auto-payment this year.

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/nyy/t...ments_full.jsp
    "Bacon, The Candy of Meats"

Re: Invoices? or has everyone else...

I just got my "personal" partial plan invoice via email. Same king of online invoice thing as last year.

I just got my email.
    I currently have the Saturday (16 game plan)
    So if I understand this correctly, I will no longer have the option to get Post-season tix????
    If that's the case, then I am out.
    That was one of the perks I liked.

Addicted Member

How do you invoice me for next season when you haven't refunded last year's post season yet? I think Mike Fransesca should be notified about this.
    [B][I]Super Nova[/I][/B]

Quote Originally Posted by jyanks View Post
    I just got my email.
    So if I understand this correctly, I will no longer have the option to get Post-season tix????
    The "RIGHTS" to post season tickets do not come with partial plans. You get the opportunity for post season tickets during the pre-sale

NYYF Legend

Got my invoice e-mail as well which said the paper invoice is coming this week.
    The real reason why the Yankees keep winning is cause the other team can't stop staring at the damn pinstripes

NYYF Legend

I just got my email.

where does it say that? if you look here http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/nyy/t...on_tickets.jsp

Ticket licensees have an opportunity to purchase tickets for Yankees postseason home games (subject to availability) during a pre-on-sale (prior to any public sale).
    The real reason why the Yankees keep winning is cause the other team can't stop staring at the damn pinstripes

I just got my email.
    Although not in your personalized brochure, the Yankees web site reads that 9, 12, and 16-game plan holders get to buy playoff tickets in the pre-sale.

It would seem they have restructured the playoff rights for 41 and 20 game plans as a result of adding a new 40-game plan. The brochure also reads that one of the 20-game plans automatically gets to participate in the pre-pre-sale for ALDS games (the round they are not invoiced for.)

They must have had significant downturn in customers to bust up full season tickets locations into 41 and 40 game plans...

Cheers!
    -Doug

Got my emailed invoice. Not even sure a 9 game plan is worth having anymore.

The 12 game plan #1 looked tempting with Opening day a Mets and Dodgers game but it still doesn't add up.

I'm also still mad I couldn't get my ticketmaster fees refunded and told them don't bother sending me a renewal unless the issue was fixed.

You know- as soon as I posted this thread, I got the email. . I need to look at my options at the moment.

Nope, I don't think I'll do it. No way to know how many day games. The 9 gamer is a great deal at @ $10 a game, but not at the cost of having to take a lot of days off. I considered one of the 12 game plans.. but that one is no deal @ $20 a seat face value, when a lot of those midweek games will be $5 nights as well. Same issue I had with the original 11 game plan, they charge me $20 bucks a pop and then the public gets several of those games for $5... no thanks. If they had compromised a BIT on the price like the 9 gamer then it would have been a lock to get a few more night games and RS/Mets/OD option. Instead of the full face $240 per, maybe a compromise at $180 or $200, I would have moved up.

Oh, and did anyone see the section about the "Great demand" for seat re-location? I presume they aren't pushing the fact that people want OUT of the HIGH price seats and competition for the lower grade seating will be fierce!

thanks dstoffa & bronxyanks.
    I guess I was reading about the 40/20 game post season deals, and assumed mine was eliminated.
    I was thisclose to calling my agent & give him an earful!

NYYF Cy Young

Also interesting- it doesn't look like partial plan holders can do multiple payments- there is just a pay in full option this year...

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesrule View Post
    Also interesting- it doesn't look like partial plan holders can do multiple payments- there is just a pay in full option this year...
    Not sure, but I think it was the same last year. Once you pick "pay now" it asks if you want the payment plan or all at once. Doesn't matter to me, since I won't be renewing.

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by RayG View Post
    Not sure, but I think it was the same last year. Once you pick "pay now" it asks if you want the payment plan or all at once. Doesn't matter to me, since I won't be renewing.
    nah didnt see that option. im guessing they don't want people to pay a part of the plan, go to the relocation at the stadium and see the selection sucks and then back out... by requiring people to go all in, you are committed by the time you go to relocation

EDIT: just called my rep about it- there was a bug in my plan and she is updating it

NYYF Legend

it's unfortunate that the Yankees are still going to stay in the stone age with an in person select a seat event. They really need to do like the Knicks and Rangers and have an online process where you click on the seat you want and can swap as many times as you want.

The Yankees already have every seat cataloged and digitized, they just need to tell io-media to hook it up with ticketmaster just like MSG did

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    it's unfortunate that the Yankees are still going to stay in the stone age with an in person select a seat event. They really need to do like the Knicks and Rangers and have an online process where you click on the seat you want and can swap as many times as you want.

The Yankees already have every seat cataloged and digitized, they just need to tell io-media to hook it up with ticketmaster just like MSG did
    Yeah, that would be really helpful because I am looking for seats in the main level somewhat low down. I'd prefer to be on the right field side but realistically, i'm more likely to find it on the left field side. Now I'm going to have to go to the rf side, all the way down and look for a colored piece of paper that matches my plan in a low row and if I don't find anything, go all the way to the left field side and do the same thing... it's a major pain... and last year I had to deal with this during a snow storm.

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post

They purposely stay in the stone age. The lesser the transparency and information the better it is for them. Not only that they want SH closed, they probably would like this forum with all the ticket info disappear as well.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by yankeeprideU2 View Post
    They purposely stay in the stone age. The lesser the transparency and information the better it is for them. Not only that they want SH closed, they probably would like this forum with all the ticket info disappear as well.
    That used to be my thought too, but I changed my view this season after the Yankees opened inventory on the interactive ticketmaster purchase pages. They are willing to disclose inventory where it suits them, plus this select a seat would be restricted to existing plan holders so the general public would never see the full inventory

And as it stands, by not renewing I will have a bit more cash for the Holidays AND I will likely see more games at MY convenience by going the SH or other method. And get better seats at a lower price. For the playoff pre-sales I might spend the $30 for a YU membership, but not a lock.

Devoted Member

You folks probably already saw this, but for 2013 they have flip-flopped the postseason games between the 20 Game #1 and 20 Game #2 plans. In 2011 and 2012, 20-game #1 got one game in each round (3 games total) and 20-game #2 got only ALCS and WS (2 games). This year they reversed that. The also give 20-game #1 plan holders a preliminary pre-onsale for ALDS.

Now since most people come on this board only to complain, I'm sure that the 20-game #1 plan people will be screaming that they got screwed. But I have 20-game #1 and I see no problem. I think it's fair that they alternate the benefits between the two plans. And in addition, I think the 20-Game #1 plan has a better regular-season selection than #2 this year anyway.
    "Any day is a good day when you can play baseball."

Quote Originally Posted by yankeeprideU2 View Post
    The Yankees tried to close this website years back. The folks running this were forced to stop using "Yankees" in the website name and switched to NYY Fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Bxboy View Post
    The Yankees tried to close this website years back. The folks running this were forced to stop using "Yankees" in the website name and switched to NYY Fans.
    Wow..did not know thst but I can see why..I found this forum back in 2008 and am so grateful for all the great info that's shared here

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyA View Post
    You folks probably already saw this, but for 2013 they have flip-flopped the postseason games between the 20 Game #1 and 20 Game #2 plans. In 2011 and 2012, 20-game #1 got one game in each round (3 games total) and 20-game #2 got only ALCS and WS (2 games). This year they reversed that. The also give 20-game #1 plan holders a preliminary pre-onsale for ALDS.

Now since most people come on this board only to complain, I'm sure that the 20-game #1 plan people will be screaming that they got screwed. But I have 20-game #1 and I see no problem. I think it's fair that they alternate the benefits between the two plans. And in addition, I think the 20-Game #1 plan has a better regular-season selection than #2 this year anyway.

I always thought that was the case, 20 game #1 was always better than #2

NYYF Legend

110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

I'm a partial plan holder (dropped my 20 game and Fri plan) and do have the option of paying in installments - I don't see where it says I can't get post season games - if that is the case however, I will def not renew.

It looks like the prices went up though - i have section 418. If that's the case, I'll drop. Most of the games are during the week which I can't get to anyway. I have to read it a little more closely though....

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyA View Post

No "screaming" here. What's fair is fair. Getting tickets for the ALDS in the pre-sale is no problem anyway.

Thread Information