+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    NYYF MVP

Re: Tigers to Sign Torii Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by snapple View Post
    k. I still think the Tigers aren't a very good team. They'd get wrecked in the AL East.
    Well that doesn't mean jacksh*t cause they don't play in the AL East. All they good do it win their division and roll the dice come postseason time.

Faith is a funny thing.

k. I still think the Tigers aren't a very good team. They'd get wrecked in the AL East.
    Maybe, but they still swept the AL East champion.

Quote Originally Posted by eaganmafia View Post
    Well that doesn't mean jacksh*t cause they don't play in the AL East. All they good do it win their division and roll the dice come postseason time.
    ....and what does that have to do with what we're discussing? I said I don't think they're a good team and they'd get blasted in the AL East.
    Thank you for making me calm today, Brett Gardner

NYYF MVP

....and what does that have to do with what we're discussing? I said I don't think they're a good team and they'd get blasted in the AL East.
    Cause it doesn't matter.

Well - the Tigers won 88 games. They played 54 games against 3 dreggs of the baseball world in KC, Minnesota and Cleveland.
    They were 31-23 for a .574 percentage, .543 over all.

To me - the Tigers were VERY mediocre in 2012.
    “Begin each day as if it were on purpose........”—Alex Hitchens

Detroit was 2nd in OBP, 4th in SLG, 4th in OPS. Their offense will add Victor Martinez and Torii Hunter next year. Both are upgrades over what they had last year.

Their starting pitchers were 2nd in ERA and Ks. 3rd in fewest walks allowed. Their OF defense has been upgraded.

They were 10th in the league in bullpen ERA. If they get that in order, they're tough to beat.

NYYF Legend

remember its not who wins the offseason its whos last standing in October. I think the Tigers will try to move V-Mart's contract considering they already have 2 guys who can fill in at DH in Fielder and Miggy.
    The real reason why the Yankees keep winning is cause the other team can't stop staring at the damn pinstripes

Quote Originally Posted by effdamets View Post
    To me - the Tigers were VERY mediocre in 2012.
    At this point I don't ever want to see the Tigers in the postseason again. I don't care if it's the 2003 Tigers.
    "Baseball is about hope, not confidence." -- rajah

A team fielding AJax, Fielder, Cabrera, Victor Martinez, Torii Hunter, Verlander, Fister, Scherzer, Benoit, Dotel, Villarreal, etc., and more to come (possibly Soriano?) isn't good, Teixeira is a stud.

The quality of the posts in this forum is in steeper decline than Mark Teixeira's bat. We need to stop feeding the ridiculous, attention-seeking posts and stop responding to them as if they were serious and well thought out.

Quote Originally Posted by ArodEra View Post
    A team fielding AJax, Fielder, Cabrera, Victor Martinez, Torii Hunter, Verlander, Fister, Scherzer, Benoit, Dotel, Villarreal, etc., and more to come (possibly Soriano?) isn't good, Teixeira is a stud.

The quality of the posts in this forum is in steeper decline than Mark Teixeira's bat. We need to stop feeding the ridiculous, attention-seeking posts and stop responding to them as if they were serious and well thought out.

It's not an attention seeking post. I don't honestly believe the Tigers are that good of a team.

It's not an attention seeking post. I don't honestly believe the Tigers are that good of a team.
    Then what's that make the Yankees? Personally, I'd take their core, age, ace, and current starting rotation (as of 11/15/12) over ours in a heartbeat.

Quote Originally Posted by ArodEra View Post
    Then what's that make the Yankees? Personally, I'd take their core, age, ace, and current starting rotation (as of 11/15/12) over ours in a heartbeat.
    I understand that sentiment, but it's an opinion, just like mine. I don't think Hunter is going to put up the numbers he did last year and I don't think he's going to make them a much better team. I root for Martinez, because I know his inlaws, but I don't think he's going to be as good as he was in 2011.

NYYF MVP

I understand that sentiment, but it's an opinion, just like mine. I don't think Hunter is going to put up the numbers he did last year and I don't think he's going to make them a much better team. I root for Martinez, because I know his inlaws, but I don't think he's going to be as good as he was in 2011.
    Hunter doesn't need to repeat his 2012 season to be an upgrade over Bosch and VMart doesn't need to repeat his 2011 season to be an upgrade over Young.

His knees might be an issue.

NYYF MVP

You know snapple, it's hard to take you serious cause for whatever reason. You have some type of personally vendetta against the Tigers. All you do it paint that team with a sh*t covered brush.

You know snapple, it's hard to take you serious cause for whatever reason. You have some type of personally vendetta against the Tigers. All you do it paint that team with a sh*t covered brush.
    I live in Michigan.

NYYF MVP

I live in Michigan.
    And that's suppose to mean something?

And that's suppose to mean something?
    I see the day to day stuff about the Tigers? I just don't think they're a good team. Deal with it and back off. Jebus.

NYYF MVP

I see the day to day stuff about the Tigers? I just don't think they're a good team. Deal with it and back off. Jebus.
    What the hell is the day to day stuff have to do with anything? The bottom line is they've won their division 2 years in ago and have made it to the ALCS and World Series.

what the hell is the day to day stuff have to do with anything? The bottom line is they've won their division 2 years in ago and have made it to the alcs and world series.
    I
    do
    not
    think
    they're
    a
    good
    team.

NYYF MVP

I don't care, I want to know what the day to day stuff is?

I don't care, I want to know what the day to day stuff is?
    I don't care to explain.

NYYF MVP

I don't care to explain.
    I just wanna know what the day to day stuff is. You felt necessary to say you're in Michigan and hear the day to day stuff.

I just wanna know what it is?

I just wanna know what the day to day stuff is. You felt necessary to say you're in Michigan and hear the day to day stuff.

I just wanna know what it is?
    I don't care to explain it.

So is snapple the authority on the Tigers just because he lives in Michigan?

Thread Information