+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 94
  1. #1
    Yankee Stadium: 1923-2008 DiMaggio5CF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    E. 161 St. & Rivera Ave.

    Tigers to Sign Torii Hunter

    Per MLB Trade Rumors:

    http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/1...ii-hunter.html

    The Tigers have agreed to sign Torii Hunter to a two-year deal, Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports reports (on Twitter). The contract with the Reynolds Sports Management client is pending a physical.

    Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/1...TTteqOpWuT3.99
    Here's the link to the Twitter feed quoted by the article:

    https://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal/st...61835417792513

    Torii to #Tigers. Two-year agreement, pending physical.
    Also announced by Rosenthal on MLB Network this morning.

    EDIT:

    MLB Trade Rumors, in the same (updated) article from above, is now quoting Bob Nightengale in saying that the deal is worth $26 million over two years.

    http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/1...ii-hunter.html

    [. . .] Hunter obtains $26MM over two years, Bob Nightengale of USA Today reports (on Twitter). The contract with the Reynolds Sports Management client is pending a physical.

    Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/1...oT7FjXZbIop.99
    27-Time World Champions

  2. #2
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Brooklyn

    Re: Tigers to Sign Torii Hunter

    They're going to be pretty good. V-Mart is supposed to be ready for the season.

    They just need to sign a closer and their offseason is complete.

  3. #3

    Re: Tigers to Sign Torii Hunter

    I expect them to get Soriano. I still think they're not a very good team.
    Thank you for making me calm today, Brett Gardner

  4. #4

    Re: Tigers to Sign Torii Hunter

    Quote Originally Posted by snapple View Post
    I expect them to get Soriano. I still think they're not a very good team.
    Based on what, exactly? They were already very good and just upgraded from Delmon Young to Torii Hunter. That's an increase of 6 WAR just right there and they get Victor Martinez back.

    Also, while they're a logical landing spot for Soriano, I wouldn't be surprised to see him end up in DC.

  5. #5

    Re: Tigers to Sign Torii Hunter

    Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84 View Post
    They're going to be pretty good. V-Mart is supposed to be ready for the season.

    They just need to sign a closer and their offseason is complete.
    Having given up Turner to get him, I'd assume they try to keep Sanchez, as well.

  6. #6

    Re: Tigers to Sign Torii Hunter

    Quote Originally Posted by pleasepassthesoup View Post
    Based on what, exactly?
    Based on the fact that they have some pieces that are still pretty miserable in the lineup.
    Thank you for making me calm today, Brett Gardner

  7. #7
    NYYF Cy Young

    BeantownYankee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Sterling, Ma

    Re: Tigers to Sign Torii Hunter

    good pickup for the tigers....so the team that has knocked us out a couple of the past years gets stronger...as does a division rival, we value shop...let's hope cashman finds something under a rock
    [SIZE=3]"Scooter - RIP and thank you for being part of my childhood"[/SIZE]

  8. #8
    Playin' Everywhere Mark19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Alexandria, VA

    Re: Tigers to Sign Torii Hunter

    It seems to make sense that they'll platoon Dirks and Garcia in left field, giving them not only the best lineup in baseball, but also an excellent defensive outfield. Good thing, considering how many balls will get past their infielders.
    SI: Do you have a secret ambition?
    Igawa: That's secret.


    "They should just practice during the regular season and show up for the playoffs -Ichiro on the Yankees

  9. #9

    Re: Tigers to Sign Torii Hunter

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark19 View Post
    It seems to make sense that they'll platoon Dirks and Garcia in left field, giving them not only the best lineup in baseball, but also an excellent defensive outfield. Good thing, considering how many balls will get past their infielders.

    I sitll think they have a weak bullpen (with a Soriano signing, I'll give them a C+), they have a catcher who plays WAAAYYY too many games, a weak middle infield (I don't think Infante is that good) and only 3 decent pitchers. Even then, I think Fister is due for some regression.
    Thank you for making me calm today, Brett Gardner

  10. #10
    NYYF MVP


    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Down the road

    Re: Tigers to Sign Torii Hunter

    Quote Originally Posted by snapple View Post
    I sitll think they have a weak bullpen (with a Soriano signing, I'll give them a C+), they have a catcher who plays WAAAYYY too many games, a weak middle infield (I don't think Infante is that good) and only 3 decent pitchers. Even then, I think Fister is due for some regression.
    And they'll still win the AL Central by 10 games.

  11. #11

    Re: Tigers to Sign Torii Hunter

    Quote Originally Posted by eaganmafia View Post
    And they'll still win the AL Central by 10 games.
    So, Torrii hunter is going to net them 10 games? The White Sox were actually pretty damn good last year. I wouldn't count them out.
    Thank you for making me calm today, Brett Gardner

  12. #12
    NYYF MVP


    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Down the road

    Re: Tigers to Sign Torii Hunter

    Quote Originally Posted by snapple View Post
    So, Torrii hunter is going to net them 10 games? The White Sox were actually pretty damn good last year. I wouldn't count them out.
    It's the Tigers division.

  13. #13

    Re: Tigers to Sign Torii Hunter

    Quote Originally Posted by eaganmafia View Post
    It's the Tigers division.
    The White Sox are a good team.
    Thank you for making me calm today, Brett Gardner

  14. #14
    NYYF MVP


    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Down the road

    Re: Tigers to Sign Torii Hunter

    Quote Originally Posted by snapple View Post
    The White Sox are a good team.
    And the Tigers are a better team.

  15. #15

    Re: Tigers to Sign Torii Hunter

    Quote Originally Posted by eaganmafia View Post
    And the Tigers are a better team.
    I think the 2011 Red Sox were better on paper. Same with the 2012 Red Sox.
    Thank you for making me calm today, Brett Gardner

  16. #16
    NYYF MVP


    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Down the road

    Re: Tigers to Sign Torii Hunter

    Quote Originally Posted by snapple View Post
    I think the 2011 Red Sox were better on paper. Same with the 2012 Red Sox.
    Ok, the Tigers are the best team in the AL Central and it's not even up for debate. Ofcourse crazy things can happen, injuries or whatever. But as of now, as they've shown for the past 2 seasons...the Tigers are the class of the AL Central.

  17. #17

    Re: Tigers to Sign Torii Hunter

    Quote Originally Posted by eaganmafia View Post
    Ok, the Tigers are the best team in the AL Central and it's not even up for debate. Ofcourse crazy things can happen, injuries or whatever. But as of now, as they've shown for the past 2 seasons...the Tigers are the class of the AL Central.
    Quite possibly the AL in general.

  18. #18
    Pinpoint False1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Arizona

    Re: Tigers to Sign Torii Hunter

    Quote Originally Posted by snapple View Post
    Based on the fact that they have some pieces that are still pretty miserable in the lineup.
    Then why on earth are you big on the White Sox? Seen their lineup lately? The Tigers subbing Hunter and Martinez for Boesch and Young is a pretty nice upgrade.

  19. #19

    Re: Tigers to Sign Torii Hunter

    Quote Originally Posted by False1 View Post
    Then why on earth are you big on the White Sox? Seen their lineup lately? The Tigers subbing Hunter and Martinez for Boesch and Young is a pretty nice upgrade.
    Because the Tigers aren't that good.
    Thank you for making me calm today, Brett Gardner

  20. #20
    NYYF MVP


    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Down the road

    Re: Tigers to Sign Torii Hunter

    Quote Originally Posted by snapple View Post
    Because the Tigers aren't that good.
    But yet all they've done over the last couple years is beat the White Sox. I don't care if you think the Tigers are good or not, but you're pimping a White Sox team that's done nothing but lose to the Tigers.

    NTM you list all the Tigers fails but don't have anything negative to say about the Sox.

  21. #21

    Re: Tigers to Sign Torii Hunter

    I didn't say the White Sox would win the division.
    Thank you for making me calm today, Brett Gardner

  22. #22
    NYYF MVP


    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Down the road

    Re: Tigers to Sign Torii Hunter

    Quote Originally Posted by snapple View Post
    I didn't say the White Sox would win the division.
    Never said you did, but you keep saying the Sox are a good team and the Tigers aren't. Even though the Tigers have owned that division for the past couple seasons.

  23. #23

    Re: Tigers to Sign Torii Hunter

    Good, as in, they're not going to just roll over for the Tigers.
    Thank you for making me calm today, Brett Gardner

  24. #24
    NYYF MVP


    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Down the road

    Re: Tigers to Sign Torii Hunter

    Quote Originally Posted by snapple View Post
    Good, as in, they're not going to just roll over for the Tigers.
    Well they've done a pretty good job of rolling over for the Tigers the last couple seasons. So I guess I don't expect anything to change.

  25. #25

    Re: Tigers to Sign Torii Hunter

    k. I still think the Tigers aren't a very good team. They'd get wrecked in the AL East.
    Thank you for making me calm today, Brett Gardner

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts