+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    NYYF MVP

Re: Jays Close to Acquiring Josh Johnson and Mark Buehrle from Miami (MLB Trade Rumor

From a pure baseball sense, this isn't a bad trade for the Marlins. They got rid of some bloated contracts and got a few decent prospects for them. But when it's made by Loria and his group it just stinks to high hell.

As for any Marlins fans complaining about a front office that's done this on multiply occasions. You got "got" You gave a scumbag a fancy new stadium and he spit in your face and told you it's raining. Don't support the team, don't go to games and force MLB to remove Loria and his group.

This is our future. JohnnyDamonfan's Avatar

Re: Jays Close to Acquiring Josh Johnson and Mark Buehrle from Miami (MLB Trade Rumor

Introducing the 2013 World Series champions the TORONTO BLUE JAYS.

This team just got a whole lot better and the Marlins got straight up Robbed. Truthfully now I am kinda worried. I thought the Blue Jays could be a good team without this trade. Last Year they were just injured. This year they could do some real damage to the AL.
    Still and will always be a New England Patriots fan.

[quote=THEBOSS84]You may be my favorite poster on the site. So sweet and innocent.[/quote]

NYYF MVP

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyDamonfan View Post
    Introducing the 2013 World Series champions the TORONTO BLUE JAYS.

This team just got a whole lot better and the Marlins got straight up Robbed. Truthfully now I am kinda worried. I thought the Blue Jays could be a good team without this trade. Last Year they were just injured. This year they could do some real damage to the AL.
    Are the Jays that much better?

Yes I think Reyes will rake in that stadium, but are Johnson and Burhle gonna last in the AL East. Burhles numbers against AL East teams have been garbage and Johnson hasn't been the same since his should injury.

Are the Jays better, no doubt. But that much better to make a run at the division is still questionable.

NYYF Legend

I was wondering when we'd get the "Toronto's going to be good this year!" bus started.

Do they even have a manager yet? Oh right, the team's so good it will manage itself.

::::yawn::::
    Auction League: Bitches Brew - 2006, 2007, 2008 Champs
    NYYFans.com League: Bad Apples - 2008 Champs

NYYF Legend

The key to the deal is J Johnson.

I belive the Jays are thinking after working back from his injury, and being league average, but getting a full season of innings under his belt, he could be a good bet to return to form. If he does, the Jays will be in excellent shape. It is a bet though, he may never be the same.

Very similar to Pineda. If Pineda can come back say halfway through next season, and just be league average, we will all be hoping that the following year, he can work himself back to what he was. (obviously JJ much more developed and complete a pitcher, I am talking more stuff wise)
    Goin for 2<strike>7</strike>8!

Quote Originally Posted by yanksphan View Post
    I was wondering when we'd get the "Toronto's going to be good this year!" bus started.

Do they even have a manager yet? Oh right, the team's so good it will manage itself.

::::yawn::::
    The Toronto is going to be good this year! meme has been going strong since 2005. Same with the Yankees are old and done meme which has been around for longer, it's never true
    “He's a clown. Guy says he's from the 209, what the ................ is that?

-CC Sabathia on Dallas Braden

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by eaganmafia View Post
    From a pure baseball sense, this isn't a bad trade for the Marlins. They got rid of some bloated contracts and got a few decent prospects for them. But when it's made by Loria and his group it just stinks to high hell.
    To those that would try to rationalize this, just keep in mind that Loria brought in Reyes specifically to cater to the south florida fan base and sold a lot of season tickets with the promise of a long term contract. Trading him now is a clear slap in the face and a fan violation on many levels. Loria is a crook and a con artists, I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up in jail for some sort of illegal art dealings one day

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Chacon View Post
    The Toronto is going to be good this year! meme has been going strong since 2005. Same with the Yankees are old and done meme which has been around for longer, it's never true
    Well it was never true for Baltimore either. But hey, that's why you play the games. Yankees need to respect every opponent even if they play perrenial losers like the Royals and Red Sox (ha ha)

NYYF Triple Crown

Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayBomber55 View Post
    If this trade goes through, the Blue Jays win this deal.

A rotation of Josh Johnson, Ricky Romero, Mark Buerhle and Brandon Morrow? Wow.
    Romero stinks

NYYF Legend

As someone who can't stand Reyes, glad to see how F*CKED he got in this deal (other than the millions he's taking home annually).

Muhuhahahah

NYYF MVP

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    To those that would try to rationalize this, just keep in mind that Loria brought in Reyes specifically to cater to the south florida fan base and sold a lot of season tickets with the promise of a long term contract. Trading him now is a clear slap in the face and a fan violation on many levels. Loria is a crook and a con artists, I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up in jail for some sort of illegal art dealings one day
    I was just stating from a pure baseball standpoint it's not a bad trade for Miami. I wish nothing but the worst for Loria and his group of crooks, but it's actually not bad getting rid of those players and contracts. None are longterm blocks except maybe Reyes and he's a hamstring injury away from being worthless.

NYYF Legend

wow this is a mega deal, Toronto just got a whole lot better. Meanwhile with a bunch of prospects and a few more losing years getting them early draft picks the Marlins might be prime in a few years.
    The real reason why the Yankees keep winning is cause the other team can't stop staring at the damn pinstripes

Gotta wonder how Reyes' legs are gonna hold up playing on turf
    MICRO PASSIVE/MICRO AGRESSIVE

NYYF Legend

i don't understand all the people saying that romero stinks... he had a terrible 2012 for sure, but he's still just one season removed from a 140 ERA+ and he's young enough to get back to a high level of performance

not saying the jays rotation is a bunch of world-beaters, but given health and romero bouncing back (which i suspect he will), they should definitely give the AL east a run for its money
    help feed the hungry:

www.thehungersite.com

NYYF Legend

Scott Miller ripping the Marlins a new one:
    http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/story/2...ust-be-stopped

Even the corporate raiders and cowboy swindlers on anything-goes Wall Street would wind up with hard time operating a bait-and-switch like this.
    "And whether it’s by Commissioner Bud Selig, the Securities and Exchange Commission or Secret Agent Man, the swindler Loria must be stopped."
    Miami Herald too:
    http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/11/1...frey-loria.htm

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ieddyi View Post
    Gotta wonder how Reyes' legs are gonna hold up playing on turf
    The Rogers Center doesn't use astroturf, they have field turf

NYYF Legend

help feed the hungry:

www.thehungersite.com

NYYF Legend

Would Bud Selig possibly have the balls to void this deal by invoking the "not in the best interest" of the game clause?

NYYF Legend

Pathetic stuff from the Marlins. I really hope that Tampa Bay gets a (privately-funded) new ballpark soon, so that they can offer a better answer for Florida fans, rather than getting moved to some other city. Some competition for the Marlins in terms of fanbase might shame them into building a team properly.

Be seeing you,

Saxmania
    Mayonnaise is a demanding master.

NYYF MVP

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    Would Bud Selig possibly have the balls cancel this deal by invoking the "not in the best interest" of the game clause?
    But is it really in the best intrest of the game, or would it be just to stick it to Loria?

NYYF Legend

But is it really in the best intrest of the game, or would it be just to stick it to Loria?
    it's setting a dangerous precedent in regards to the business of the game... as a strictly baseball decision, the trade is fine
    help feed the hungry:

www.thehungersite.com

NYYF Legend

How his deal is from a "baseball perspective" hardly matters when you consider the damage Loria has done to the franchise, which is an unmitigated disaster. What the hell was last offseason all about? Miami probably never even intended on keeping any of the players they signed; they figured they'd take a little salary hit for a year just to keep up appearances that they cared about the fact taxpayers handed them a stadium, and then they'd ship 'em off per usual in an effort to keep lining the pockets of rich aszholes. They were always trending this way, but the Marlins have officially become a sad joke and a middle finger to the sporting world and fans in general. Why in the world should fans support this team? I mean, it was hard enough considering fans in Miami mostly care only about 'Bron and the Heat, but just throwing up your hands and fleecing county citizens and fans while you do it is miserable as heII. The commissioner should consider blocking this monstrosity of a trade.

NYYF MVP

Quote Originally Posted by flymick24 View Post
    it's setting a dangerous precedent in regards to the business of the game... as a strictly baseball decision, the trade is fine
    Which Loria has been doing for years now. He destroyed the Expos, he's has multiply firesales and gutted rosters time after time. I get that this is the straw that broke the camels back with the stadium and public money, but it's not like Loria is doing anything new.

NYYF Legend

Which Loria has been doing for years now. He destroyed the Expos, he's has multiply firesales and gutted rosters time after time. I get that this is the straw that broke the camels back with the stadium and public money, but it's not like Loria is doing anything new.
    bud needs to grow a set and veto this

loria has already made a down payment on another mansion
    help feed the hungry:

www.thehungersite.com

NYYF MVP

Quote Originally Posted by flymick24 View Post
    bud needs to grow a set and veto this

loria has already made a down payment on another mansion
    I just don't understand what vetoing the trade does. IMO MLB would be setting a dangerous prescedence by blocking this trade. It makes sense from a baseball standpoint, it's just a big middle finger to the people of Miami-Dade. But I don't know if it's a valid enough reason to veto the trade.

Thread Information