+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 ... LastLast
Results 126 to 150 of 441
  1. #126
    NYYF Legend

    Yankee Tripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Left coast

    Re: 2013 World Baseball Classic Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayBomber55 View Post
    The killer blow so far from the Italians is a three-run bomb from Algodoneros de Guasave IF Chris Colabello in the third inning.

    If Italy hangs on, they're in the driver's seat in Pool D going 2-0 with a meeting with the United States in the finale.
    6-4 and a pitching change coming for Italy with 2 on 2 outs in th 7th. Italy may yet regret stranding all those runners in the first 6 innings. Especially with Grilli unavavilable due to WBC pitch count rules.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

  2. #127
    Emotional Warrior BroadwayBomber55's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    SF-Oak-SJ Bay Area, California

    Re: 2013 World Baseball Classic Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    6-4 and a pitching change coming for Italy with 2 on 2 outs in th 7th. Italy may yet regret stranding all those runners in the first 6 innings. Especially with Grilli unavavilable due to WBC pitch count rules.
    Canada also has three double plays tonight as well which killed some Italy rallies.
    It's not the 27 World Championships that drive the New York Yankees. It's the 28th.
    Every year is The Year. Go Yankees.

  3. #128
    NYYF Legend

    Yankee Tripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Left coast

    Re: 2013 World Baseball Classic Thread

    Italy busts it open with 3 in the bottom of the 7th. 9-4.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

  4. #129
    NYYF Legend

    Yankee Tripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Left coast

    Re: 2013 World Baseball Classic Thread

    And everybody's favorite ambidextorus pitcher is on for Italy.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

  5. #130
    NYYF Legend

    Yankee Tripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Left coast

    Re: 2013 World Baseball Classic Thread

    Italy pouring it on 10-4. Working on that run differential should they have 2-1 tie-breaker come into play before playing USA.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

  6. #131
    NYYF Legend

    Yankee Tripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Left coast

    Re: 2013 World Baseball Classic Thread

    Grand salami for Italy up 15-4. a virtual lock to go the next round even if they lose to USA.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

  7. #132

    Re: 2013 World Baseball Classic Thread

    Italia very impressive this far!

  8. #133

    Re: 2013 World Baseball Classic Thread

    They should have the WBC after the MLB season.

  9. #134

    Re: 2013 World Baseball Classic Thread

    3-0 Puerto Rico, Bot 3rd.

  10. #135

    Re: 2013 World Baseball Classic Thread

    15 minutes until USA opens up against Mexico! Lets Go 'Merica!

  11. #136

    Re: 2013 World Baseball Classic Thread

    Sac fly Mexico takes a 1-0 lead over USA in the top of the 1st.

    Runner on 2nd 1 out for Mexico.

  12. #137

    Re: 2013 World Baseball Classic Thread

    A-gon grounds out but another run crosses the plate, 2-0 Mexico.

  13. #138
    Forum Regular

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Baltimore, MD

    Re: 2013 World Baseball Classic Thread

    Ugh Dickey isn't warm at all. Can't believe we're already 2 in the hole.
    "Chicks dig the well executed hit and run play?"

  14. #139

    Re: 2013 World Baseball Classic Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by NewOrioleWork View Post
    Ugh Dickey isn't warm at all. Can't believe we're already 2 in the hole.
    Not a good start, Dickey got rocked.

  15. #140
    Forum Regular

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Baltimore, MD

    Re: 2013 World Baseball Classic Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by DieHardYankeesFan732 View Post
    They should have the WBC after the MLB season.
    Then people are just going to complain that they're tired after 162 games + playoffs, players are injured and need the rest time, etc. If they're serious about increasing the focus on international play, they need to shorten the MLB season....
    "Chicks dig the well executed hit and run play?"

  16. #141

    Re: 2013 World Baseball Classic Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by NewOrioleWork View Post
    Then people are just going to complain that they're tired after 162 games + playoffs, players are injured and need the rest time, etc. If they're serious about increasing the focus on international play, they need to shorten the MLB season....
    Having it after the MLB season is better than having it before, where players are expected to be in "October baseball mode" in early March.

  17. #142
    Forum Regular

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Baltimore, MD

    Re: 2013 World Baseball Classic Thread

    US offense off to a slow start...man I hope this isn't going to be one of those LONG games...
    "Chicks dig the well executed hit and run play?"

  18. #143

    Re: 2013 World Baseball Classic Thread

    Dickey doesn't have it tonight. He's not hitting the knuckle ball so far.

  19. #144

    Re: 2013 World Baseball Classic Thread

    Dickey settles down and gets out of the top of the 2nd.

    2-0 Mexico, Mid 2nd.

  20. #145
    Forum Regular

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Baltimore, MD

    Re: 2013 World Baseball Classic Thread

    Yeah Dickey look a hell of a lot better. God I hate that he's in the AL East now.
    "Chicks dig the well executed hit and run play?"

  21. #146
    Forum Regular

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Baltimore, MD

    Re: 2013 World Baseball Classic Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by DieHardYankeesFan732 View Post
    Having it after the MLB season is better than having it before, where players are expected to be in "October baseball mode" in early March.
    Yeah, the ones who could still find the energy to play after 162 games (plus playoffs) would be serious, everyone else would be too beat up/tired. The truth of the matter is, with the way the baseball season is set up, there really is no good time to do this. But I'm really starting to come to the opinion that for this to happen, and for international play to be taken more seriously in the US, you woul dneed to A) model the US national team after the US basketball model, where a group of elite althetes commit to 4 years of regular training and international games, and B) shorten the season to about 140 games so that its easier for players to commit time and energy to their national teams, and so you could do yearly events like a "Asia Cup" or "Latin America Cup" more easily (and of course winning would provide "points" or whatever toward getting in the WBC).
    "Chicks dig the well executed hit and run play?"

  22. #147

    Re: 2013 World Baseball Classic Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by NewOrioleWork View Post
    Yeah, the ones who could still find the energy to play after 162 games (plus playoffs) would be serious, everyone else would be too beat up/tired. The truth of the matter is, with the way the baseball season is set up, there really is no good time to do this. But I'm really starting to come to the opinion that for this to happen, and for international play to be taken more seriously in the US, you woul dneed to A) model the US national team after the US basketball model, where a group of elite althetes commit to 4 years of regular training and international games, and B) shorten the season to about 140 games so that its easier for players to commit time and energy to their national teams, and so you could do yearly events like a "Asia Cup" or "Latin America Cup" more easily (and of course winning would provide "points" or whatever toward getting in the WBC).
    Or we could just send minor-league players.

  23. #148
    Forum Regular

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Baltimore, MD

    Re: 2013 World Baseball Classic Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by DieHardYankeesFan732 View Post
    Or we could just send minor-league players.
    And no one would care. *shrug* I guess as these tournaments go on, I'm just realizing more and more that MLB is half-assing it.
    "Chicks dig the well executed hit and run play?"

  24. #149

    Re: 2013 World Baseball Classic Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by NewOrioleWork View Post
    And no one would care. *shrug* I guess as these tournaments go on, I'm just realizing more and more that MLB is half-assing it.
    yeah i agree

  25. #150

    Re: 2013 World Baseball Classic Thread

    2-run HR for A-gon, 4-0 Mexico. This is getting ugly...

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts