+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Who is the 2013 DH?

Quote Originally Posted by johnsterling View Post
    Call me crazy but I would much prefer a singles hitter who can move a base runner over and get a key hit with RISP than Ibanez. Ibanez was huge for the Yankees but he is just like the rest of the Yankees lineup, and none of them are going anywhere.
    you're crazy

I would also like to see the Yankees sign BJ Upton to play centerfield. He would be able to be a hitter who would not have to focus on pulling the ball to right field and maybe we could then have two hitters who do not focus solely on homeruns to right field all game long.
    I love Upton but he's not the type of hitter you described above. He's a power-hitting, defensively-solid CF w/ low BA and lots of steals. You'd hate him too
    like delv, but better

fast legs =/= hitting for average

and

fast legs =/= fewer Ks.

and

fast legs =/= less power (less pull)

See exhibits
    Granderson
    Carl Crawford
    Upton(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Man_With_No_Plan View Post
    With A-Rod aging and Jeter aging (and coming off a serious injury), I don't think it would be a good idea to get a permanent DH. I wouldn't mind a rotation of Ibanez/A-Rod/Jeter/Anyone Joe wants to give half a day off.
    That is my thoughts going forward as well. Definitely the way to go.
    You can't get a sun-tan on the moon.

NYYFans Fantasy Baseball:
    CBS: Evil Empire
    Yahoo: Special OPS

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    That is my thoughts going forward as well. Definitely the way to go.
    I disagree. I'd prefer to get Jeter and A-Rod full days off personally. Plus, even with Jeter's great offensive season, that's not so great that you can't afford to take his bat out of the lineup. Same with A-Rod unless he bounces back sharply.

I'd see if someone can be had for 1 year cheap that has the potential to put up solid DH production. Berkman might be the ideal target. Another option might be Napoli for DH and to ret Martin more frequently.

Quote Originally Posted by SatchelPaigeYankee View Post
    you're crazy

I love Upton but he's not the type of hitter you described above. He's a power-hitting, defensively-solid CF w/ low BA and lots of steals. You'd hate him too
    Yea but I see it differently. Without the lure of rightfield, he wouldn't need to try to hit for homeruns every time. He also has the talent to be a better hitter and being in a lineup where he is just one of the guys could help him out a lot. Its just something about Upton that I am probably misjudging.

Quote Originally Posted by False1 View Post
    I disagree. I'd prefer to get Jeter and A-Rod full days off personally. Plus, even with Jeter's great offensive season, that's not so great that you can't afford to take his bat out of the lineup. Same with A-Rod unless he bounces back sharply.

I'd see if someone can be had for 1 year cheap that has the potential to put up solid DH production. Berkman might be the ideal target. Another option might be Napoli for DH and to ret Martin more frequently.
    In a perfect world I would agree with you but considering other needs I would rather focus on them and fill the DH role as a platoon if it is going to come down to money and availability in the market. Obviously if a guy like Berkman's price drops there comes a point where he has value there but I don't think it's an absolute need. I would rather have a super utility guy that can produce instead. Nunez just isn't cutting it defensively.
    You can't get a sun-tan on the moon.

NYYFans Fantasy Baseball:
    CBS: Evil Empire
    Yahoo: Special OPS

Thread Information