+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    NYYF Cy Young

Re: World Series 2012: Detroit Tigers vs. San Francisco Giants (Game Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by -tz View Post
    This game is bo-ring.
    Obviously not a chubbie fan.
    All the fat guys watch me & say to their wives, 'See, there's a fat guy doing okay. Bring me another beer. Mickey Lolich

NYYF Legend

How Yankee-like ... bases loaded, nobody out, and they score one lousy run ... on a GIDP.

But at least it's a run.

NYYF Cy Young

Giants strike first. Pretty bad pitching by Detroit.
    All the fat guys watch me & say to their wives, 'See, there's a fat guy doing okay. Bring me another beer. Mickey Lolich

NYYF Cy Young

How Yankee-like ... bases loaded, nobody out, and they score one lousy run ... on a GIDP.

But at least it's a run.
    Yes it did seem redolent of a certain team I follow.

NYYF Legend

A sac fly! What a concept!

NYYF Legend

Not much interest in this series around here, I guess ...

There are currently 6 users browsing this thread. (5 members and 1 guests)

-tz
    Numark
    Louisville Slugger

I don't find this game boring.
    I'm not sure what the home plate ump is looking at.

Not much interest in this series around here, I guess ...
    Hey -tz!

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Louisville Slugger View Post
    Hey -tz!
    Hiya!

NYYF Legend

One more, Sergio!

NYYF Legend

Giants take a 2-0 series lead!

Wow ... their pitching tonight made the Tigers' offense look like the Yankee offense!

Congrats Giants! Nice to see Bumgarner have a good start. He's been struggling.

The 212 million dollar man Prince Fielder is OPS'ing 552 this post season(actually lower because MLB.com hasn't accounted for today's game). Usually with signing a contract that large comes huge media scrunity but like our very own 1B, he has avoided bashing by hiding behind others. On his team the entire focus has been on the best pitcher and hitter in baseball, during the ALCS the story was the Yankees because they will always be the story whether its positive and more so when it's negative. Here in the WS the focus has been on the media darling Giants.

Does Prince rebound or will he take a huge hit? Much lesser players on the Yankees have gotten fisted for their performances and he has slid under the radar.
    He's a clown. Guy says he's from the 209, what the ................ is that?

-CC Sabathia on Dallas Braden

NYYF Legend

Two observations from last night - how hard is Fister's head?! That was scary, but he apparently didn't suffer any ill effects. Second - why would you send Prince Freakin' Fielder from 1st to home unless the ball was still rolling to the warning track when he got to 3rd? I bet Posey saw his life flash in front of him........"275 lb. freight train and I've got to make sure he doesn't score."

This is not only the heavy-weight WS, but also the hairiest......beards, Timmy's mane and Fielder's whatever-the-hell-that-is.
    September 28, 2008 - the day the HOF got a wake-up Moose call.

Crow,Tony,Joe,Yogi,Riz,2 Joes Tifoso's Avatar

Go Giants
    -Lou 27 (28 in 2014)
    Totus Tuus

Slow in, Fast out ThePinStripes's Avatar

Looks like the Tigers caught "looking lost at the plate" bug from the Yankees.
    A fool and his money can throw one heck of a party!

I think the Tigers have excellent starting pitching, two premium bats in the middle of their lineups....and a VERY poor team surrounding them. Yes, good arms in a rotation and a lethal 3/4 is going to win you games. I just don't think they are a great team. Putrid defense, putrid bullpen, and some of the worst patience at the plate a team can have. They haven't hit good pitching all postseason. I don't think the Giants are that great a team, either. In fact, I'd say these are the 6th and 7th best team in the ML who happened to get either hot or catch the right clubs in the playoffs to get here. Oh well.

i want to see a 50 inning long game, cricket style. change it up.

dunno if it reduces volatility.
    always reasonable

NYYF Legend

Evening folks.......game
    thread here?

"Happy Wife.........Happy Life" - unknown

NYYF Legend

I guess I have no life........drinking wine and listening to the WS...........life could be worse...

"Happy Wife.........Happy Life" - unknown

Quote Originally Posted by montrealer View Post
    I guess I have no life........drinking wine and listening to the WS...........life could be worse...
    you could have no wine
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

Ugh, Miguel Cabrera is not a good third baseman. Trout should get MVP simply on the fact that he's good at defense on top of his offense.

Somewhere, Granderson managed to strike out twice tonight.

ptcnyyfan

Why is Lincecum pitching out of the bullpen?
    I thought he is a starter.

Quote Originally Posted by tkl View Post
    Why is Lincecum pitching out of the bullpen?
    I thought he is a starter.
    Bochy decided to put one of the 5 starters in the bullpen and since Lincecum was the low man on the totem pole based on regular season performance, he was the guy. He's been pitching much better out of the bullpen this postseason. After Madison Bumgarner kind of lost it a little, Bochy decided to give Tim one start in the NLCS (Game 4) and he did not do very well but every time he's come in as a reliever, he's been lights out. He essentially saved Zito's NLDS start and also, if I remember correctly, relieved one Bumgarner's iffy NLCS starts. When he came in to relieve Zito's Game 1 World Series start, it was the first time a Cy Young winner was relieving a Cy Young winner in the World Series in quite some time. With Tim, it seems like more of a mental than mechnical thing now, it's almost like he's more settled once the game is going.

Thread Information