View Poll Results: What are your intentions for the Yankees 2013 season?

Voters
80. You may not vote on this poll
  • Adding an Extra Ticket Plan(s)

3 3.75%
  • Not Changing My Ticket Plan(s)

32 40.00%
  • Dropping one or more but keeping something

6 7.50%
  • Downgrading to (a) Smaller Ticket Plan(s)

7 8.75%
  • Dropping all my Ticket Plans, Hello Stubhub!

32 40.00%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast
    NYYF Legend

110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

Re: Are you Renewing for 2013?

Quote Originally Posted by dadrumma View Post
    IT SHOULD NOT BE THIS HARD TO EXCHANGE TICKETS OUT OF YOUR PLAN!!!

just another reason why i dropped my plan this year. i mean come on, give me a break. if you have a 9 game value plan, i dont understand why one cant just swap out a midweek game for some other midweek, non-premium give away. and if you're so worried about people trading tickets for promotional games, then fine make it so you can't exchange for a promotional game. i just don't understand why every little freaking thing has to be so complicated.
    That's another reason I dropped my plan this year too. I've had them for 10 years too.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    I am actually surprised that they let people do this. You could exchange 4 tickets for one game, 6 for another . . . basically create your own plan. It's "pick-a-plan as you go."
    You need to take into account this part of the rules when making exchanges:

"The Yankees will not issue multiple Tickets or Bomber Bucks as part of an exchange process. For example, Ticket Licensees will not be permitted to exchange a Field Level Ticket for a Grandstand Level Ticket and obtain additional Tickets or Bomber Bucks for the difference in the Ticket prices."

Quote Originally Posted by BourbonMan View Post
    Not a bad idea from the Yankees here for discounted parking. Of course, since I dont go to every game, I question how they will distribute these passes and how easy they will be to sell or forward to others

http://mlb.mlb.com/nyy/ticketing/sth_parking.jsp
    At least there is an attempt by the Yankees to address the high transportation cost issue of attending a game at YS by lowing parking costs by about 30%. I am sure it appeared often on the fan survey. They can't get the turnpike authority or bridge commissions to lower tolls so this does help those who attend games by car. I don't know how many takers there will be though by offering just a full season parking plan. I am sure if they offered a 10 pack parking coupon book at that discount people would be all over it. Maybe they can ask some of their ticket speculators, (the ones that they let list on the Yankee Ticket Exchange before the real ticket licensees can) to stop speculating on Wall Street gas commodities so that those prices will drop too!

Anyone else get a second date/time for online relocation? I have another time slot scheduled for tomorrow at 10am.

I was under the impression that we get only one chance to relocate using the My Yankees Account tool.

Also, the Manage My Tickets system is starting to get up and running. It won't let me post tickets for sale yet but a new menu is available with a full calendar listing your available games.
    **** The skeptic of skeptics ****

Dropped my 9 game plan...too many day games and they don't include a "good" game anymore (we used to get a weeknight Sox game every year). It was also difficult to sell games that I couldn't attend since tickets can now be gotten so cheaply elsewhere. As others have stated, they have also made it nearly impossible to swap unused tickets for another game, even for a rainout. It's still a great deal if you can attend all of the games, and I hated to cancel it but for me personally it wasn't really worth it anymore.

I would have considered replacing it with a weekend plan if they were still 12 games, but 15 is more than I need.
    [COLOR=navy][/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by AlbanyColonieYankee View Post
    Dropped my 9 game plan...too many day games and they don't include a "good" game anymore (we used to get a weeknight Sox game every year). It was also difficult to sell games that I couldn't attend since tickets can now be gotten so cheaply elsewhere. As others have stated, they have also made it nearly impossible to swap unused tickets for another game, even for a rainout. It's still a great deal if you can attend all of the games, and I hated to cancel it but for me personally it wasn't really worth it anymore.

I would have considered replacing it with a weekend plan if they were still 12 games, but 15 is more than I need.
    They even have Saturday plans in the bleachers. Those used to be huge to have.

I had a friend message me asking me about re-selling tickets he wants a Saturday plan but he has to convince his wife they can get most of their money back. I said it's not what it was four years ago. Heck even three years ago.

Forum Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees51 View Post
    They even have Saturday plans in the bleachers. Those used to be huge to have.

I had a friend message me asking me about re-selling tickets he wants a Saturday plan but he has to convince his wife they can get most of their money back. I said it's not what it was four years ago. Heck even three years ago.

I dropped my Saturday + plan this year which was in section 236 row 7. With the Dodgers and Mets playing during the week instead of on the weekend I felt it would be to hard to get my money back even with the least expensive seats in the 7th row of the bleachers.

Quote Originally Posted by M.C. Ricky D View Post
    Anyone else get a second date/time for online relocation? I have another time slot scheduled for tomorrow at 10am.

I was under the impression that we get only one chance to relocate using the My Yankees Account tool.

Also, the Manage My Tickets system is starting to get up and running. It won't let me post tickets for sale yet but a new menu is available with a full calendar listing your available games.

I got the same thing. My relocation date is for today at 5:00. Its worth a sot to see what they have. I don't think I will switch unless there is something really good.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinO194 View Post
    I got the same thing. My relocation date is for today at 5:00. Its worth a sot to see what they have. I don't think I will switch unless there is something really good.
    I just took a peak....and there is WAY less availability. Either they blocked some seats to make them available for the public on sale, or there was a HUGE rush for season tickets.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by superyan View Post
    or there was a HUGE rush for season tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    Exactly. On a serious note, the 400s were pretty much all read and most of the 300s were as well. They could have decided that those are going to be game days sales and took the inventory off what is available for plan purchases.

NYYF Cy Young

Are people able to see their individual seats on My Yankees Account and sell/forward them yet? When I log in and click Manage My Tickets, I see my games, but don't see my actual seats to sell or forward

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesrule View Post
    Are people able to see their individual seats on My Yankees Account and sell/forward them yet? When I log in and click Manage My Tickets, I see my games, but don't see my actual seats to sell or forward

It's been like that for a while now. Once they print the tickets and they assign barcodes to the seats they will be available to sell/forward/print.

NYYF Cy Young

It's been like that for a while now. Once they print the tickets and they assign barcodes to the seats they will be available to sell/forward/print.
    I don't think it's true for everyone as some people are selling on the Yankees Ticket Exchange, which you wouldn't be able to do without the seats being available in My Yankees Account

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesrule View Post
    I don't think it's true for everyone as some people are selling on the Yankees Ticket Exchange, which you wouldn't be able to do without the seats being available in My Yankees Account
    Wouldn't the current Yankee listings simply represent brokers with already established TN relationships, who likely have more functionality than retail sellers (ability to list various delivery methods, whatever)? In that case, you're only seeing brokers and similar offering tickets now - but not any retail plan owners.

For events that TN authenticates barcodes and reissues new tickets/barcodes upon purchase, they want that barcode upon listing by retail sellers. No tickets available yet in Yankees Account, so obviously cannot list via linking accounts. You can directly list for sale within TN (not linked to a Yankees Account) with a TN login, but if you're retail it will prompt you to manually enter barcodes during the listing process. For events (pick another team) that TN isn't authenticating for, you can go through the listing process without providing barcodes.

Isn't the only difference between MLB listings for the Yankees/Angels and other teams on TN the fact that Yankees/Angels are the only teams integrated for barcode cancellation and reissue (well, and maybe commission differences - 5% or whatever versus 15%)? Otherwise, maybe I'm incorrect, but isn't the NYY Ticket Exchange really simply another MLB page within TN?

Quote Originally Posted by NYY_72 View Post
    Wouldn't the current Yankee listings simply represent brokers with already established TN relationships, who likely have more functionality than retail sellers (ability to list various delivery methods, whatever)?
    Sounds like evil speculators are illicitly shorting counterfeit tickets.

Where is Randy Levine's outrage regarding listing tickets for sale which do not exist?

NYYF Cy Young

There is a Ticket Exchange thread where this conversation should occur: http://forums.nyyfans.com/showthread...Exchange/page2

Earlier in this thread some people posted it was a waste to even keep a single ticket 9 game plan and any plan is a waste of money.

Between Opening Day and Jay z I have an over 500% return on investment.

Earlier in this thread some people posted it was a waste to even keep a single ticket 9 game plan and any plan is a waste of money.

And if you leverage it 500x, you can turn it into a hedge fund.

I agree. I sold OD, OTD, Redsox, Mets, Dodgers, Angels, and the 09/26 game all for a large profit. Some other games I have already made a small profit from. I still have a bunch of the premium games available as well to sell.

I also bought 8 Jay-Z/ JT tickets as well but I dont know If I am going to sell them yet or go with my friends.

NYYF Legend

110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

I agree. I sold OD, OTD, Redsox, Mets, Dodgers, Angels, and the 09/26 game all for a large profit. Some other games I have already made a small profit from. I still have a bunch of the premium games available as well to sell.

I also bought 8 Jay-Z/ JT tickets as well but I dont know If I am going to sell them yet or go with my friends.
    What section are your 9 game plan seats in and how many seats? 2?

I sold my Jay Z tickets a few years ago and partially paid for my post season tickets that year.

I bought 8. I was going to keep 4 and sell 4 but really didn't want to deal with tracking people down so I kept 2 and sold 6.

Devoted Member

I just received this email from the Yankees

"Last chance to receive 2012 pricing on 2013 Season Ticket plans"

So is there a price increase tomorrow to go with today's Yankee Ticket Exchange price floor implementation?

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeSTH View Post

So is there a price increase tomorrow to go with today's Yankee Ticket Exchange price floor implementation?
    These new owners are such half witts

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeSTH View Post

I didn't get that one....not that I'm going to rush and call them. Can anyone confirm the price increase?

Thread Information