View Poll Results: What are your intentions for the Yankees 2013 season?

Voters
80. You may not vote on this poll
  • Adding an Extra Ticket Plan(s)

    3 3.75%
  • Not Changing My Ticket Plan(s)

    32 40.00%
  • Dropping one or more but keeping something

    6 7.50%
  • Downgrading to (a) Smaller Ticket Plan(s)

    7 8.75%
  • Dropping all my Ticket Plans, Hello Stubhub!

    32 40.00%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast
Results 451 to 475 of 518
  1. #451
    NYYF Legend

    4bronxbombers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

    Re: Are you Renewing for 2013?

    Quote Originally Posted by MumonA View Post
    I had a 20-game plan in row 2 of 417 two seasons ago. The plexiglass itself wasn't much of an issue from the seat. The problem was the people in the first row endlessly shifting around to get a clear view. Some would lean forward and hang their elbows over the plexiglass, pretty much blocking the view for those in the second row. I was much happier in row 5 of 422 last season. Then again, I generally go to all the games, so resale isn't a factor.
    Interesting....I have 417 and I think the same thing. After all the time and money put into it, i can't believe they didn't do something different with the seating. Every time the person in front of me shifted in his or her seat, I had to do the same. I was leaning forward and then leaning back just about the entire game. When I renew again (not this year) I'm going to try for a different section, one below maybe. We'll see.

  2. #452
    Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Sec.416

    Re: Are you Renewing for 2013?

    Well, I dunno if having the aisle seats alleviate any line of sight problems. I will find out for sure though. On the bright side, I won't be having to inconvenience other fans to get up out of my seats.
    **** The skeptic of skeptics ****

  3. #453

    Re: Are you Renewing for 2013?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    How about the metal framing of the plexiglass?
    In my opinion the metal strip is an obstruction and sort of ruins some of the benefit of having the first row. I specifically asked my rep about this years ago (the first year of the stadium) and he assured me there was no obstruction in the first row of grandstand. I suppose the metal bars in the old stadium posed the same problem, but it was much comfortable to lean on those bars, as opposed to that thin glass. Any adjustments made by someone in the first row were less of an issue for someone in rows 2-3 because of the steeper incline.

  4. #454

    Re: Are you Renewing for 2013?

    Quote Originally Posted by bl73 View Post
    In my opinion the metal strip is an obstruction and sort of ruins some of the benefit of having the first row. I specifically asked my rep about this years ago (the first year of the stadium) and he assured me there was no obstruction in the first row of grandstand. I suppose the metal bars in the old stadium posed the same problem, but it was much comfortable to lean on those bars, as opposed to that thin glass. Any adjustments made by someone in the first row were less of an issue for someone in rows 2-3 because of the steeper incline.
    I moved up to Row 4 and have been trying to move lower, maybe Row 4 is the best ?

  5. #455
    Member
    KevinO194's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    420A, Row 3

    Re: Are you Renewing for 2013?

    Quote Originally Posted by M.C. Ricky D View Post
    Well, I dunno if having the aisle seats alleviate any line of sight problems. I will find out for sure though. On the bright side, I won't be having to inconvenience other fans to get up out of my seats.

    I think isle seats are definetley worth it. there is more space and you can come and go as you please without having to disturb other people in your row.

  6. #456
    Devoted Member
    JimmyA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Massachusetts

    Re: Are you Renewing for 2013?

    Quote Originally Posted by 4bronxbombers View Post
    Interesting....I have 417 and I think the same thing. After all the time and money put into it, i can't believe they didn't do something different with the seating. Every time the person in front of me shifted in his or her seat, I had to do the same. I was leaning forward and then leaning back just about the entire game. When I renew again (not this year) I'm going to try for a different section, one below maybe. We'll see.
    I had a slightly difference experience that made me dislike the Grandstand. A couple years ago I traded one of my tickets for what appeared, on the chart, to be a superb seat in Section 420A, row 7, on the aisle. The problem was that my view of home plate was blocked by people in the Jim Beam seats who kept standing up and shifting around because their view was blocked by something else. After two innings I gave up, went out to Section 407A and had a great view.

  7. #457
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    New York City

    Re: Are you Renewing for 2013?

    I love AISLE seats(which I have had for several seasons), but there is a lot of getting up & down, don't kid yourself about that. I think you do stay seated more when you are in the middle of a row...

    That being said, its hard to ever go back to anything but aisle seats.

    For the virtual relocation process, I have to say I was a little disappointed in the selection, as there wasn't much where I was looking for. I'm pretty simple as my focus for seats has always been $80-90 range in the main section for 12 game plan. I was tempted for some $100 seats in section 129, but I like to have "cover" and shade (which I don't think there is until the last two rows).

    I'm happy with my seats from last year and I am going to stick with them for now. However, I will be checking in with my rep to see if anything pops up in my targeted areas in late April/early May.

  8. #458
    Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Sec.416

    Re: Are you Renewing for 2013?

    Anyone have thoughts on why there seemed to be so much more seat availability in the 41 game plan compared to the 40 game plan?
    This despite the 41 plan has Opening Day and OTD plus any tiebreakers.
    The 41 plan seems more desirable.

    I noticed this the past few seasons as well as the online relocation.
    **** The skeptic of skeptics ****

  9. #459

    Re: Are you Renewing for 2013?

    All this talk made me check again and I was able to move my single $90 plan seat from 413 (on the price break) row 12 to row 6. I've already written off the money, but hopefully I'll recoup a few bucks from resales.

  10. #460
    Devoted Member
    JimmyA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Massachusetts

    Re: Are you Renewing for 2013?

    Quote Originally Posted by superyan View Post
    All this talk made me check again and I was able to move my single $90 plan seat from 413 (on the price break) row 12 to row 6. I've already written off the money, but hopefully I'll recoup a few bucks from resales.
    Wait, you paid a total of $90 for your plan and you have "written off the money" and you are hoping to "recoup a few bucks from resales?" With a ticket, gas, parking and the train, it costs me more than $90 just to go to one game.

  11. #461

    Re: Are you Renewing for 2013?

    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyA View Post
    Wait, you paid a total of $90 for your plan and you have "written off the money" and you are hoping to "recoup a few bucks from resales?" With a ticket, gas, parking and the train, it costs me more than $90 just to go to one game.
    I live in on the UWS, have an unlimited MetroCard, believe cars should be rented not owned.... I can get there in under 30 minutes after work. I'm one of those people that will probably never leave Manhattan. I don't think I'd ever go to a game if I had to deal with the GWB, parking, and such.

    I've been down on baseball since NYS opened. The game day experience has been ruined for me.

    I'm going to use the ticket exchange program and turn my singles into pairs... and I'll be happy if I net $5 for a few of the games I don't plan on going to.
    Last edited by superyan; 02-17-13 at 07:48 PM. Reason: spelling...

  12. #462

    Re: Are you Renewing for 2013?

    anyone have any experience with grandstand 409 row 1? Im aware of the glass but do you loose a lot of the rf corner?

  13. #463

    Re: Are you Renewing for 2013?

    Quote Originally Posted by superyan View Post

    I'm going to use the ticket exchange program and turn my singles into pairs... and I'll be happy if I net $5 for a few of the games I don't plan on going to.
    That is freaking brilliant! I never thought of that, seriously. I am a Met fan and gave up my 15 game Mets pack this year in favor of the 9 game Yankee plan just for the sheer entertainment and to get out of the house. Plus it costs me $42 from Jersey to CF before I even get out of the car to go see the Mets. Mets never had the exchange program for plan holders like the Yankees do, so I was never used to it. Plus I park on the street near YS for the games so it is much more cost effective for me to go to YS as opposed to CF. Upgrading a single 9 game to 4-5 games with 2 tickets would have been enough of a taste for me.

  14. #464
    NYYF Cy Young

    Sparky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    New Jersey

    Re: Are you Renewing for 2013?

    Quote Originally Posted by Flushing Roots View Post
    That is freaking brilliant! I never thought of that, seriously. I am a Met fan and gave up my 15 game Mets pack this year in favor of the 9 game Yankee plan just for the sheer entertainment and to get out of the house. Plus it costs me $42 from Jersey to CF before I even get out of the car to go see the Mets. Mets never had the exchange program for plan holders like the Yankees do, so I was never used to it. Plus I park on the street near YS for the games so it is much more cost effective for me to go to YS as opposed to CF. Upgrading a single 9 game to 4-5 games with 2 tickets would have been enough of a taste for me.
    I am actually surprised that they let people do this. You could exchange 4 tickets for one game, 6 for another . . . basically create your own plan. It's "pick-a-plan as you go."

  15. #465

    Re: Are you Renewing for 2013?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    I am actually surprised that they let people do this. You could exchange 4 tickets for one game, 6 for another . . . basically create your own plan. It's "pick-a-plan as you go."
    Not so fast - here is the rule

    A Value Game Ticket within a Ticket Licensee's 9 Game Value Plan may only be exchanged for another one of the 9 designated Value Games. Ticket Licensees who would like to exchange their tickets for another one of the designated 40 Future Game Ticket Exchange games can do so by paying the difference between the Value Plan and Partial Plan price.

  16. #466

    Re: Are you Renewing for 2013?

    Quote Originally Posted by YankeeSTH View Post
    Not so fast - here is the rule

    A Value Game Ticket within a Ticket Licensee's 9 Game Value Plan may only be exchanged for another one of the 9 designated Value Games. Ticket Licensees who would like to exchange their tickets for another one of the designated 40 Future Game Ticket Exchange games can do so by paying the difference between the Value Plan and Partial Plan price.
    That is the rule. I'm OK with paying an extra $10 to get a Grandstand Seat. There are three games that you won't be able to exchange. I plan on taking 6 singles and turning them into 3 pairs and paying the extra $10.

    Here is the breakdown:
    I'll be able to exchange the games below:
    Wed Apr 17 D'backs 7:05 PM Exchange
    Wed May 01 Astros 7:05 PM Exchange
    Thu Aug 15 Angels 1:05 PM Exchange
    Thu Aug 22 Blue Jays 1:05 PM Exchange
    Mon Sep 02 White Sox 1:05 PM Exchange

    These are the games I would eat because the exchange program won't allow it:
    Thu Jul 11 Royals 1:05 PM
    Wed Sep 25 Rays 7:05 PM

    I can choose one of these two games to exchange.
    Wed Jun 05 Indians 1:05 PM
    Thu Jun 27 Rangers 1:05 PM

    Again, I'm putting WAY too much thought into this. I could care less about the money, but getting some of it back isn't bad. If you have over 10 years of seniority, they give you a bunch of decent games in June and July to exchange them for.

  17. #467

    Re: Are you Renewing for 2013?

    Two things about that:

    1) Even though the month-by-month breakdown of allowable exchanges adds up to 6 tickets, there is a cap at 5 overall for the 9-game plan.

    2) When you use the exchange the seat next to your plan seat is unlikely to still be available. That would mean if you want to swap the Arizona game to make the Los Angeles game a pair, you would have to also move the location of your existing LA ticket to have two seats together. Does anyone know if this counts as exchanging one ticket or two? In other words, do they allow you to change locations for "free" without counting it at one of your five exchanges.

  18. #468

    Re: Are you Renewing for 2013?

    Quote Originally Posted by yankeesBWA View Post
    Two things about that:

    1) Even though the month-by-month breakdown of allowable exchanges adds up to 6 tickets, there is a cap at 5 overall for the 9-game plan.

    2) When you use the exchange the seat next to your plan seat is unlikely to still be available. That would mean if you want to swap the Arizona game to make the Los Angeles game a pair, you would have to also move the location of your existing LA ticket to have two seats together. Does anyone know if this counts as exchanging one ticket or two? In other words, do they allow you to change locations for "free" without counting it at one of your five exchanges.
    I have a single seat. I plan on swapping two single seats for a pair and paying the difference. Like I said, I've already written off the money. It's not even a night out.

  19. #469
    NYYF Cy Young

    Sparky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    New Jersey

    Re: Are you Renewing for 2013?

    Quote Originally Posted by superyan View Post
    I have a single seat. I plan on swapping two single seats for a pair and paying the difference. Like I said, I've already written off the money. It's not even a night out.
    Right, but money aside, does that count as 1 exchange or 2, since you'll probably have to more the original single seat to get an empty seat next to it.

  20. #470
    NYYF Legend

    GordonGecko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New York City

    Re: Are you Renewing for 2013?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    Right, but money aside, does that count as 1 exchange or 2, since you'll probably have to more the original single seat to get an empty seat next to it.
    I think the exchange program screws you on trying to pair up singles. This program is so restrictive that it caps the number of exchange games PER month. You're only allowed one game per month except in August. So in practice you can only pair up once

    http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/nyy/t...n_exchange.jsp

  21. #471

    Re: Are you Renewing for 2013?

    Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    I think the exchange program screws you on trying to pair up singles. This program is so restrictive that it caps the number of exchange games PER month. You're only allowed one game per month except in August. So in practice you can only pair up once

    http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/nyy/t...n_exchange.jsp
    I took it as I can only exchange 1 game in April, 1 game in May... as in games I have. Is that not the case?

  22. #472
    NYYF Legend

    GordonGecko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New York City

    Re: Are you Renewing for 2013?

    Quote Originally Posted by superyan View Post
    I took it as I can only exchange 1 game in April, 1 game in May... as in games I have. Is that not the case?
    yan it's really unfortunate that we seem to need a law degree to decipher the conditions, but let's take a crack at it. On the http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/nyy/t...n_exchange.jsp page there's a table that shows you how many games per month you can exchange. The title above the chart says:

    "TOTAL NUMBER OF GAMES FOR WHICH TICKETS MAY BE EXCHANGED PER SEASON AND BY MONTH*"

    I take the "for which" to mean the number of games in that particular month you can get. Does anyone interpret it differently?

  23. #473

    Re: Are you Renewing for 2013?

    IT SHOULD NOT BE THIS HARD TO EXCHANGE TICKETS OUT OF YOUR PLAN!!!

    just another reason why i dropped my plan this year. i mean come on, give me a break. if you have a 9 game value plan, i dont understand why one cant just swap out a midweek game for some other midweek, non-premium give away. and if you're so worried about people trading tickets for promotional games, then fine make it so you can't exchange for a promotional game. i just don't understand why every little freaking thing has to be so complicated.

  24. #474

    Re: Are you Renewing for 2013?

    Not a bad idea from the Yankees here for discounted parking. Of course, since I dont go to every game, I question how they will distribute these passes and how easy they will be to sell or forward to others

    http://mlb.mlb.com/nyy/ticketing/sth_parking.jsp

  25. #475
    Member
    KevinO194's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    420A, Row 3

    Re: Are you Renewing for 2013?

    Quote Originally Posted by BourbonMan View Post
    Not a bad idea from the Yankees here for discounted parking. Of course, since I dont go to every game, I question how they will distribute these passes and how easy they will be to sell or forward to others

    http://mlb.mlb.com/nyy/ticketing/sth_parking.jsp

    I don't think its worth it. Over $2000. Maybe if they had a better deal. Maybe.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts