View Poll Results: What are your intentions for the Yankees 2013 season?

Voters
80. You may not vote on this poll
  • Adding an Extra Ticket Plan(s)

3 3.75%
  • Not Changing My Ticket Plan(s)

32 40.00%
  • Dropping one or more but keeping something

6 7.50%
  • Downgrading to (a) Smaller Ticket Plan(s)

7 8.75%
  • Dropping all my Ticket Plans, Hello Stubhub!

32 40.00%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
    Devoted Member

Re: Are you Renewing for 2013?

I went to the seat relocation event on Saturday. Based on the 2011 event that I attended, I was not optimistic about being able to upgrade my seats, but I figured I would make the trip and work it into spending a day in the city with my wife and get some free coffee and danish.

This time the seat selections were much better. There were a LOT of seats and plans available in the Main level. I was able to upgrade two sections closer to home plate and three rows closer to the field, and was able to stay on the aisle. Very successful, very glad that I went.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesrule View Post
    217 is not Delta suites... Why would there be a contract?
    Actually scratch that, I misread the new seating chart. They have price ranges now in all sections except grandstand and the cheapest terrace based on row & section number. I thought the new range was because of contract length. They don't actually break out that row/section price on the website

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/nyy/b...ng_pricing.jsp
    Last edited by GordonGecko; 01-27-13 at 10:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    This is the stupid part, the select a seat is pointless because of that. I'm not complaining because my kid likes running around the stadium and eating pretzels & hot dogs and it's nice to get out there in the middle of winter. But the online system will blow your mind. I went through it with the Rangers and Knicks and it's AWESOME
    Well, I wouldn't say it's awesome since you can only see seats at your current price point and up. So if u want to move from the lower level to the upper level, it's useless.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by yankeeprideU2 View Post
    Well, I wouldn't say it's awesome since you can only see seats at your current price point and up. So if u want to move from the lower level to the upper level, it's useless.
    That's a team preference to restrict areas. The tool itself is really awesome. You can snap up new seats as soon as they get put into inventory and you can change as many times as you want until they turn off access.

That's a team preference to restrict areas. The tool itself is really awesome. You can snap up new seats as soon as they get put into inventory and you can change as many times as you want until they turn off access.
    If the Yankees do it like that it would be great. Besides it saves them money long term. They wouldn't need as many ticker reps

I went on Saturday @ 10:30am with my 3 year old son. It really was a fun event to bring my son to and walk around the stadium. Some of the reps were quite informative and the selection was a definite improvement since this event began several years ago.

I found a lot of people that I spoke to were mostly downgrading, but very happy with the options they were given.

Addicted Member

Could you check out the bleacher availability?
    http://twitter.com/NYMoot

Devoted Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnAbombfromA-rod13 View Post
    Could you check out the bleacher availability?
    There were no seats available in the right field bleachers, but the left field bleachers had lots of seat tags and were full of people looking around for seats.

Looks like the Phillies have had a dropoff in season ticket sales (including the Sunday plan that I dropped for this year) based on the email I just received. For the past several seasons, the best one could do was to get on a waiting list for partial plans. I checked to see what was available in the same price range as I previously had and found better seats than I had given up.
    I can't complain but sometimes I still do. - Joe Walsh

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Man View Post
    Looks like the Phillies have had a dropoff in season ticket sales (including the Sunday plan that I dropped for this year) based on the email I just received. For the past several seasons, the best one could do was to get on a waiting list for partial plans. I checked to see what was available in the same price range as I previously had and found better seats than I had given up.
    Interesting - I dropped 8 of 10 seats and kept a pair of front row tickets behind the plate. If I don't come out on top with those I'm out completely for next year. So far sales are very slow. The problem is that even my tickets behind the plate in row 3 (face $25) were going for a couple bucks last year on stubhub. That's probably going to happen again once the Phillies are 10 games behind the Nationals and Braves. Ruben Amaro Jr. is one of the all time dumbest GM's. Pat Gillick handed him a golden goose on a silver platter and he popped it in the oven. Phillies are cooked, pretty much dead money now

That's probably going to happen again once the Phillies are 10 games behind the Nationals and Braves.
    Yep. The sellout streak was broken last year and with low expectations, it's time for the Philadelphia sports fans to look elsewhere. No need to sink money into Phillies season tickets when tickets will likely be plentiful all season long.
    I can't complain but sometimes I still do. - Joe Walsh

FUTURE GAME TICKET EXCHANGE PROGRAM

The details are now posted here:

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/nyy/t...n_exchange.jsp

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeSTH View Post
    FUTURE GAME TICKET EXCHANGE PROGRAM

The details are now posted here:

Looks like the same crappy exchange program from last year. My favorite exchange program is from the Staten Island Yankees: exchange any game you want for any other game, before or AFTER your original game takes place

Looks like the same crappy exchange program from last year. My favorite exchange program is from the Staten Island Yankees: exchange any game you want for any other game, before or AFTER your original game takes place
    Pretty much except for the bone they threw for those of us with 10+ years of seniority. I'm definitely going to take advantage of that. There are weekend games in the summer you can make exchanges for. I'm definitely going to get rid of some midweek games in my 20.

Which games are labelled "premium" this year? anyone have a link
    Looks like they added the Dodgers & Giants games to the premium list this year.

So glad I didn't renew. Since George died Levine and Trost have completely ruined the value of plans. They just refuse to accept that fact.

NYYF Cy Young

I wonder if the rule about only exchanging weekday games for weekday games will be interpreted to apply to the 10 "enhanced" games as well - so one could only exchange weekend games for them. Just one more way they would make the exchange policy meaningless!

This will make some of you want to hurl- but if you ever wanted to see how bad the Yankees are jacking you on the Season Ticket Prices- take a look at what the LAD charge for similar plans- I am paying $8 per ticket for infield reserve, a comparable seat at YS would be the Terrace level at $40 per ticket, a 400% difference. And the LAD payroll will be higher than the Yankees if not this year, certainly in 2014

http://losangeles.dodgers.mlb.com/la...on.jsp#pricing

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by pacersyankees View Post
    This will make some of you want to hurl- but if you ever wanted to see how bad the Yankees are jacking you on the Season Ticket Prices- take a look at what the LAD charge for similar plans- I am paying $8 per ticket for infield reserve, a comparable seat at YS would be the Terrace level at $40 per ticket, a 400% difference. And the LAD payroll will be higher than the Yankees if not this year, certainly in 2014

http://losangeles.dodgers.mlb.com/la...on.jsp#pricing
    Yankee Staduim III cost $1 billion to build. Thats the big difference
    The real reason why the Yankees keep winning is cause the other team can't stop staring at the damn pinstripes

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by BronxYanks45 View Post
    Yankee Staduim III cost $1 billion to build. Thats the big difference
    It is, plus the fact that nobody wants to pay for tickets in LA. Even 3 years ago, NLDS & NLCS tickets were going for way under face

Just got this from the Yankees:

Dear Season Ticket Licensee:

Welcome to the New York Yankees online seat relocation experience. Based on feedback from Season Ticket Licensees like you, we are pleased to introduce a state-of-the-art 3-D technology that will allow you to easily participate in the seat relocation process online instead of over the phone or in person.

This unique and interactive tool will provide you with the ability to view and select the best available seats according to your individual preferences directly from your computer. You will have the opportunity to move your current seats within your same seating area and price range or relocate to a more favorable location.

We would like to extend to you the opportunity to relocate your 2013 partial plan location(s) online. If you are interested in participating in this online experience, please log in to your "My Yankees Account" and follow the below instructions:

After logging in to your "My Yankees Account," click on "view/edit settings"
    Next click on "Survey Questions"
    Select "Yes, I will participate."
    Click "save"

Quote Originally Posted by superyan View Post
    Just got this from the Yankees:
    I received not only this message, but another message asking me to take a survey.

Since there is a slim to no chance that I will find better seats for $20 on my plan, there really is no reason for me to sign-up for the on-line relocation. The only benefit for me would be to use the experience to create detailed seating maps.

Cheers!
    -Doug

Quote Originally Posted by dstoffa View Post
    I received not only this message, but another message asking me to take a survey.

Since there is a slim to no chance that I will find better seats for $20 on my plan, there really is no reason for me to sign-up for the on-line relocation. The only benefit for me would be to use the experience to create detailed seating maps.

Cheers!
    -Doug
    Slim is better than no chance. I signed up. If I can move up a couple of rows from row 5 in 312, I'll go for it. Plus it looks like the same software the Knicks use and it is actually pretty neat to check online to see what's available.

NYYF Legend

slim to no chance, I think not. In fact you'll have your best shot at better seats since you first got a Yankee account. The io-media tool is awesome

slim to no chance, I think not. In fact you'll have your best shot at better seats since you first got a Yankee account. The io-media tool is awesome

There is a difference. It all depends on where you are currently sitting, and what you are willing to pay.

I got a Friday Plan in 413 Row 4. I doubt there is much of a chance for me to get Row 1, 2, or 3. I have no intention of moving to a higher priced seat. 414 is $28, a 40% increase. So for me, I wouldn't expect to see better seats at the price point I am willing to pay.

If I felt the need to upgrade to a higher price point, then this indeed becomes your best shot for better seats.

To each his own. For me, I don't think the opportunity will be there.. for others, I am certain it will be.

Cheers!
    -Doug

Thread Information