View Poll Results: What are your intentions for the Yankees 2013 season?

Voters
80. You may not vote on this poll
  • Adding an Extra Ticket Plan(s)

3 3.75%
  • Not Changing My Ticket Plan(s)

32 40.00%
  • Dropping one or more but keeping something

6 7.50%
  • Downgrading to (a) Smaller Ticket Plan(s)

7 8.75%
  • Dropping all my Ticket Plans, Hello Stubhub!

32 40.00%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Re: Are you Renewing for 2013?

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    If you're 30 minutes late do they still let you attend
    Don't know. I was on time. But ignore the 30 minute time limit. I stayed an hour with no hassle.

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by ruffstuff View Post
    Just back from my 10am Select a Seat. About the same as last year except they actually serve hot dogs at 10am. Weak seat selection. They did open up 129 and another section to partials. Also they will email in a few weeks an online version of Select a Seat. Here's a pic of the non-selection in 216:
    That is surprising . . .

Someone with a smartphone attending the event should go onto yankees.com and see what is being offered to the public vs. what is available for relo at the stadium.

Addicted Member

My sales rep told me that you may arrive any time after your scheduled time but that 2:30 is the latest appointment time to arrive.

Plus, you may stay longer than your 30 minutes and they will validate your parking so that is free. I am going to dress warmly and go.

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeSTH View Post
    My sales rep told me that you may arrive any time after your scheduled time but that 2:30 is the latest appointment time to arrive.

Plus, you may stay longer than your 30 minutes and they will validate your parking so that is free. I am going to dress warmly and go.
    FYI 2:30 was not the latest appt- It went until at least 3pm as I was there when the guy was giving the speech to the 3pm group explaining everything

NYYF Cy Young

a few interesting notes from the select a seat:
    • section 322 is not Jim Beam suites anymore, but the seats are still cushioned.
    • Section 217 is now open to partial plans
    • Section 129 is now open to partial plans, but only row 20 and back.
    • Surprisingly, the 2009 World Series trophy is out in the open with no real security there... people could probably even touch it if they wanted to... there was no one there to say not to.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    That is surprising . . .

Someone with a smartphone attending the event should go onto yankees.com and see what is being offered to the public vs. what is available for relo at the stadium.
    It looks like availability to the public is being affected by the event. I decided not to go this year because I like my section and would only want to move up some rows. I've been checking the availability on a daily basis and if something pops up I'm going to try and upgrade via a phone call to my rep. This morning I saw seats available in certain sections of the infield grandstand that weren't there in previous days.

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by Stick Michael View Post
    I also noticed season/partial plans can be purchased online during the Select-a-Seat, which means the organization did not temporarily disable that option...

...which means existing season ticket holders who attend the SAS could potentially choose their seats only to find out they were scooped up already - by a newcomer.
    There are different seats at the select a seat event than the online purchase option- what is online is a subset of what's available at the SaS, at least for now. I have been checking the online season ticket purchase tool for partial plans and all that was really available, at least in the main level, was rows 17 and back. At the SaS there were definitely a few seats available in the lower rows.

It seems the Yankees put what they feel are the not as good seats available for new holders and the better seats in the SaS, along with what's available online. Chances are, after the SaS completes, whatever is left in the lower rows will then be available on the online Select a seat event, and after that completes, then they will be available for new ticket holders.

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesrule View Post
    There are different seats at the select a seat event than the online purchase option- what is online is a subset of what's available at the SaS, at least for now. I have been checking the online season ticket purchase tool for partial plans and all that was really available, at least in the main level, was rows 17 and back. At the SaS there were definitely a few seats available in the lower rows.

It seems the Yankees put what they feel are the not as good seats available for new holders and the better seats in the SaS, along with what's available online. Chances are, after the SaS completes, whatever is left in the lower rows will then be available on the online Select a seat event, and after that completes, then they will be available for new ticket holders.
    Gotcha. In that case I'm going to delete my comment.

Yes. All you do is get in the queue at the Suite entrance.
    Seemed a bit more crowded today than last year.

It would seem that your scheduled "time" helps them find your paperwork at the last checkpoint. They never checked it otherwise.

Cheers!
    -Doug

Quote Originally Posted by ruffstuff View Post
    Just back from my 10am Select a Seat.
    I had an 11 am appointment. I was late because:

1. The uptown D train is running on the 8th Ave line between W4 and Columbus Circle. It's also making all stops from W4 to 145th St. I found this out after I entered the Subway at 34th / 6th.

2. The 4 train would not have been much better. It is running local between GCT and 125. And then the uptown 4 is running express from 125th to Burnside, skipping Yankee Stadium.

So I took a downtown D to W4 for an Uptown D (stopping on the 8th Ave (upper) platform). Got there about 20 minutes late. Went straight for the grub. Then went straight to the penthouse.

I was at the Stadium about 11:20.

Saw a Friday Plan in Row 4, 429. Was considering giving it my 409 Row 1 tickets for it, as it was a few sections closer to home plate. Then when I was ready to leave, some light lime green stuff caught my eye over on the 1st base side. Went to check it out. Found a Friday Plan in 413, Row 4. Sat in it for about a minute, then pulled the trigger. Friday Plan, low enough row, best $20 section... 4 sections closer to home plate... No brainer. I did not want to give up the leg room, but the view is MUCH better. Sold. So I tossed my 409 Row 1 seats back out there...

I need to go buy a Powerball ticket.

Cheers!
    -Doug

Just got back from SAS. I'm glad I went! Many thanks to those who recommended that I give the event a look. I think as a newer Licensee (bleh, I hate that word) there were some decent seats to be had.

As had been said, it was really well organized and the staff were very helpful. Most of all, my son had a great time and that was worth the (free) price of admission.

Initially I was very excited to have found grandstand aisle seats online a few weeks back and I called my rep to snatch them up for me. I am always a big fan of aisle seating at sporting events (I'm THAT guy who gets up a "few" times a game). But when I saw that my home plate sight line would be totally obstructed by fans going up and down all game, I was deflated.

Only because I was at this event, I found seats directly behind home plate (420B) middle of the row. Sooooo happy I went!!!

I apologize in advance to those who I will be climbing over to get to the can during the games this year,
    **** The skeptic of skeptics ****

Addicted Member

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesrule View Post
    a few interesting notes from the select a seat:
    • section 322 is not Jim Beam suites anymore, but the seats are still cushioned.
    Section 322 and 323 are only available for plans without rights to the playoffs for the same seats, I think that is 16 games or fewer. A rep told me at the SAS that these seats will be used by MLB for the playoffs. A nice location if you want that size plan but at $85 for a partial season plan are pricey.

Addicted Member

Quote Originally Posted by M.C. Ricky D View Post
    Just got back from SAS. I'm glad I went! Many thanks to those who recommended that I give the event a look. I think as a newer Licensee (bleh, I hate that word) there were some decent seats to be had.

As had been said, it was really well organized and the staff were very helpful. Most of all, my son had a great time and that was worth the (free) price of admission.

Initially I was very excited to have found grandstand aisle seats online a few weeks back and I called my rep to snatch them up for me. I am always a big fan of aisle seating at sporting events (I'm THAT guy who gets up a "few" times a game). But when I saw that my home plate sight line would be totally obstructed by fans going up and down all game, I was deflated.

Only because I was at this event, I found seats directly behind home plate (420B) middle of the row. Sooooo happy I went!!!

I apologize in advance to those who I will be climbing over to get to the can during the games this year,
    What row did you buy?

Curious how the Yankees determined what seats would be available during the SAS event vs on-line........... Grandstand had a smattering of seats with signs on them, while going on line there is good inventory............

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeSTH View Post
    What row did you buy?
    Row 11.
    There were seats in lower rows, like rows 7-8, a couple of sections to either side of home but I preferred being pretty much dead-eye behind home. Just my preference.

Quote Originally Posted by Maas_Pasqua_Pags View Post
    Curious how the Yankees determined what seats would be available during the SAS event vs on-line........... Grandstand had a smattering of seats with signs on them, while going on line there is good inventory............
    Not sure how they manage their inventory online vs SAS, but I can tell you when I got home and checked the inventory online, the seats I gave up were available. I am only a 15 min subway ride away so it seems very updated.

Can't vote , no option for upgrading seats. Scored a Saturday plan in section 217 today - sweet,
    [IMG]http://forums.nyyfans.com/customprofilepics/profilepic19182_1.gif[/IMG] Joe, Mick & Ted

I thought the event was fun today. Glad they offered food and a warm place to hang out. Got to take a picture with the WS trophy and touch it. I previously had 2 separate friday plans in the same section but seats were not together. I was able to move the seats together. Since my 2 plans have different seniority I had different time slots. I went to the 11am but was able to change the seats for my 130pm slot at the 11am time slot without any issues.

Glad I went today also. Upgraded in 312 from row 9 with a plexiglass obstruction to row 5 in the middle of the row with no obstructions. These seats in row 5 were not available online. Rep said they were non renewals that they don't open up until the last minute. I feel very fortunate. I only have the 9 game plan but it is perfect for me.

I went today also. I was hoping to find a single digit row for the infield grand stand. Couldn't find lower than row 11, but ultimately it's better than the row 14 I had.

I thought I had sect 424 row 8 as there were 2 Sunday plan signs on the row, but they were on the wrong row. It was actually row 9...which I would have been fine with, but there was a 3rd seat and you can't buy a pair and leave the 3rd open.

The event was pretty good except for the "fire drill" that the ticket rep people said people need to go back stairs...then the Securitas people said people can stay upstairs.

Also, I'm not sure I believe them when they say certain sections aren't available. I tend to think there are lower rows available but they hold out hope that they'll find someone to buy a full or 41 game plan in those seats. I could be wrong, but I don't think the demand for tickets is higher now than the 2008 season which was the final season at YS. That season I went from RF bleachers to Tiers right behind home plate and 4 rows up.

Oh and one other thing. Not sure if it has been mentioned, but one of the ticket reps said people will have another opportunity to change their seats (even if they've already upgraded or downgraded). He said they will have a real time online map where people can see what is available.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by mm1956 View Post
    Can't vote , no option for upgrading seats. Scored a Saturday plan in section 217 today - sweet,
    217 is a great section, a little pricey though. Did you go year to year or sign a multi-year contract? The Yankees seem to be big now on locking people into to up to 10 year contracts so they can't walk away. The joke here is that they put an annual price escalator on the multi-years so that say for a 10 year commitment you're compounding 3.5% so that in year 10 your ticket is 36% higher. Can you believe the balls on these guys? In year 10 they'll probably have dropped prices by a fair amount while you're stuck paying through the nose next to a guy who just walked in off the street

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by yankeefan122 View Post
    Also, I'm not sure I believe them when they say certain sections aren't available. I tend to think there are lower rows available but they hold out hope that they'll find someone to buy a full or 41 game plan in those seats. I could be wrong, but I don't think the demand for tickets is higher now than the 2008 season which was the final season at YS. That season I went from RF bleachers to Tiers right behind home plate and 4 rows up.
    They are definitely holding out. They had all of the right field bleachers sectioned off and claimed that there was nothing available, which is BS because I know at least 2 people that didn't renew there. Nothing in the first 7 rows of most sections either. They need the best seats to attract new business and won't just hand them out for free to the fish they've already reeled in.

Quote Originally Posted by yankeefan122 View Post
    Oh and one other thing. Not sure if it has been mentioned, but one of the ticket reps said people will have another opportunity to change their seats (even if they've already upgraded or downgraded). He said they will have a real time online map where people can see what is available.
    This is the stupid part, the select a seat is pointless because of that. I'm not complaining because my kid likes running around the stadium and eating pretzels & hot dogs and it's nice to get out there in the middle of winter. But the online system will blow your mind. I went through it with the Rangers and Knicks and it's AWESOME

NYYF Cy Young

217 is a great section, a little pricey though. Did you go year to year or sign a multi-year contract? The Yankees seem to be big now on locking people into to up to 10 year contracts so they can't walk away. The joke here is that they put an annual price escalator on the multi-years so that say for a 10 year commitment you're compounding 3.5% so that in year 10 your ticket is 36% higher. Can you believe the balls on these guys? In year 10 they'll probably have dropped prices by a fair amount while you're stuck paying through the nose next to a guy who just walked in off the street
    217 is not Delta suites... Why would there be a contract?

Quote Originally Posted by dstoffa View Post
    Saw a Friday Plan in Row 4, 429. Was considering giving it my 409 Row 1 tickets for it, as it was a few sections closer to home plate. Then when I was ready to leave, some light lime green stuff caught my eye over on the 1st base side. Went to check it out. Found a Friday Plan in 413, Row 4. Sat in it for about a minute, then pulled the trigger. Friday Plan, low enough row, best $20 section... 4 sections closer to home plate... No brainer. I did not want to give up the leg room, but the view is MUCH better. Sold. So I tossed my 409 Row 1 seats back out there...
    Doug, I wonder if you ended up with my old Friday seats. If so, enjoy! I went out with the 10:30 group this morning and traded a Friday plan in 413, Row 4 for a 12 Game Plan #2 in the same row (the next two seats over, coincidentally). I would be surprised if they acted quickly enough during the event to string up new signs for seats that got freed up earlier in the day, but you never know.

Like you, I felt lucky to find the pair for the plan I wanted in a low row in the nearest Grandstand Outfield section. The best seats for plans under 20 games in 427 (the mirror-image section on the LF side) were way up in Row 11.

One thing I'm not pleased about: the woman who checked me out asked me to contact my rep to request a refund of the credit that resulted from my downgrade. I've clarified with my rep previously that the surplus could be refunded after the downgrade rather than remaining as a credit, so I don't expect any shenanigans, but the Yankees had a dozen people sitting there like bank tellers all day. There's no reason they couldn't authorize them to save subscribers the trouble of bothering their rep again by issuing the refund on the spot, if requested.

This is the stupid part, the select a seat is pointless because of that. I'm not complaining because my kid likes running around the stadium and eating pretzels & hot dogs and it's nice to get out there in the middle of winter. But the online system will blow your mind. I went through it with the Rangers and Knicks and it's AWESOME
    Agreed that the online system the Knicks and Rangers has is very efficient - I managed an upgrade with the Knicks seamlessly on their website. Thing with the Yankees though is I upgraded my seats yesterday in person for seats that weren't listed online as available on the website. They may need to tighten things up if they are going to go the route the Knicks and Rangers go. Still was a good deal yesterday. I took a buddy who is a big Yankees fan who was never in the Legends Club. He scarfed down 2 dogs, a soda and had a cup of coffee while we were waiting to get called at the end. All in all a good event to get out of the house on a pretty dead sports day in January.

Thread Information