View Poll Results: What are your intentions for the Yankees 2013 season?

Voters
80. You may not vote on this poll
  • Adding an Extra Ticket Plan(s)

3 3.75%
  • Not Changing My Ticket Plan(s)

32 40.00%
  • Dropping one or more but keeping something

6 7.50%
  • Downgrading to (a) Smaller Ticket Plan(s)

7 8.75%
  • Dropping all my Ticket Plans, Hello Stubhub!

32 40.00%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 20 ... LastLast

Re: Are you Renewing for 2013?

I ended up keeping 1 ticket in the 9 game plan in the bleachers. My cousin is getting the other single ticket right next to me so that way we each have our own presale codes. There were no bleacher seats available in 12 game plan #1.

Decided to renew my Sat+ plan this evening, mostly because I have decent seat location (pair in Section 420C, Row 12, aisle seats). I should be able to attend some of the games and I can expect my losses to be reasonable on the ones I cannot make. Total bill, including s&h came to $921.00, which is about $10K less than I spent on season tickets in 2010.

decided to pass and not renew my 9 game plan, 2 seats 420C row 10, first year since 2007. a lot of things led me to this decision. i, a recent college graduate, couldnt afford the upgrade to the 12 game plan. i also work and my job im not gonna pay for 7 games that i know i wont be able to sell on stubhub and make my money back. curious to see how long it takes for a rep to call me asking me back.
    follow me on twitter http://twitter.com/AndrewHarts

NYYF Cy Young

Did not renew my Sat+ plan in 420B (1997). I plan to go to 4-5 games and sit in different sections.

I renewed my single seat in the nine game plan. I figure the $115 total is my contribution to the team this year.
    I can't complain but sometimes I still do. - Joe Walsh

I already dropped my full season in the Grandstand for next year and was on the fence about my Saturday plan in the LF bleachers. I thought about it a lot and couldn't convince myself to pull the trigger.

No regrets.

NYYF Cy Young

I have a Friday game plan in the main level that I did renew, just because Friday is really the only day I can get to the stadium, and it works really well having every Friday game. I'm afraid with this stubhub fiasco to not renew and then have Stubhub and the Yankees new thing not have the availability for me to get decent seats for cheap for Friday nights. So I renewed for one last year and will downgrade my seats from main infield since I did have to swallow so much of the cost last year.

NYYF Legend

110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Man View Post
    I renewed my single seat in the nine game plan. I figure the $115 total is my contribution to the team this year.
    That's how I looked at mine last year - $160- I gave to the Yankees organization.....like they need it. lol

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesrule View Post
    I have a Friday game plan in the main level that I did renew, just because Friday is really the only day I can get to the stadium, and it works really well having every Friday game. I'm afraid with this stubhub fiasco to not renew and then have Stubhub and the Yankees new thing not have the availability for me to get decent seats for cheap for Friday nights. So I renewed for one last year and will downgrade my seats from main infield since I did have to swallow so much of the cost last year.
    I always had the Fri plan (well I had the 20 gamer for a few years many moons ago) and I'm tempted to go back to it and split it with someone (I'm in section 418) but I'm so afraid I won't be able to sell the games I can't attend like the last few years. I really have some thinking to do. I hate to give up section 418 and move to the bleachers - I'm afraid I'll never get back to that section once I leave.

Quote Originally Posted by 4bronxbombers View Post
    I always had the Fri plan (well I had the 20 gamer for a few years many moons ago) and I'm tempted to go back to it and split it with someone (I'm in section 418) but I'm so afraid I won't be able to sell the games I can't attend like the last few years. I really have some thinking to do. I hate to give up section 418 and move to the bleachers - I'm afraid I'll never get back to that section once I leave.
    Vicki,

For what it's worth, I don't think you would have any problem picking up a Friday plan in 418 or better (presumably 419 or 420A, B or C). It's still a buyer's market and the organization's management hasn't done anything to properly adjust to the change in demand. Sat+ holders having no qualms about dropping their plans in 420A, B and C suggests you have more leverage than you believe.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Stick Michael View Post
    Vicki,

For what it's worth, I don't think you would have any problem picking up a Friday plan in 418 or better (presumably 419 or 420A, B or C). It's still a buyer's market and the organization's management hasn't done anything to properly adjust to the change in demand. Sat+ holders having no qualms about dropping their plans in 420A, B and C suggests you have more leverage than you believe.
    Thank you. My ticket rep e-mailed me a few minutes ago and asked that I call her so I'll see what she says.

I did a quick check of Fri plan tickets on the Yankees website and came up with these locations on the first try. Suffice to say, you have plenty of leverage!
    Attached Images

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Stick Michael View Post
    I did a quick check of Fri plan tickets on the Yankees website and came up with these locations on the first try. Suffice to say, you have plenty of leverage!
    Great, thanks!

41 Game Plan, relocated from Sec 412 to 420A, 2 aisle seats.
    **** The skeptic of skeptics ****

Quote Originally Posted by M.C. Ricky D View Post
    Used to be full season only for that section.

Quote Originally Posted by M.C. Ricky D View Post
    If that doesn't show how much the season ticket base has declined in the past couple of years, nothing does.
    I can't complain but sometimes I still do. - Joe Walsh

Does anyone know if they have ever sold standing room only tickets? Is this even an option anymore? II remember it was in the plans during the first year of teh new stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by bl73 View Post
    Does anyone know if they have ever sold standing room only tickets? Is this even an option anymore? II remember it was in the plans during the first year of teh new stadium.
    Don't they sell standing room tickets at various spots around the stadium, where one has to stand behind the DAP row, with a metal ledge in front of you. I think it is usually called something like "row 9 S"

Addicted Member

Dropped my 16 game Saturday plan in the bleachers (237). I hate to see it go, but it just isn't worth it when they add in the weeknight games. Also the off season moves, my dislike towards the new stadium and being a recent college graduate with bills to pay added to my decision.
    http://twitter.com/NYMoot
    http://nyystarsandpinstripes.blogspot.com

I renewed my 20 game #1. I split it 50/50 with a family member. I plan on going to most of my ten games. Whatever I don't use, I have friends and family lined up to either gift them to or sell at face. The same goes for my cousin who has the other ten games. No losses here.

Quote Originally Posted by mandrake View Post
    Don't they sell standing room tickets at various spots around the stadium, where one has to stand behind the DAP row, with a metal ledge in front of you. I think it is usually called something like "row 9 S"
    To the best of my knowledge, standing room only tickets (200s and 300s section, row designated by an "S" alongside the row number) and cafe seats (100s section, same "S" designation) are not sold on a season basis. If they are, standing room only tickets in the 200s and 300s sections would be a horrible investment, though cafe seats in the 100s, particularly behind the plate would make sense if they were reasonably priced. Last year, I think I paid $65.00 + TM fees for cafe seats behind the plate to Opening Day. Way, way better buy than the typical $250.00-$325.00 seats in the same area. More legroom, a table for food and drinks and in the shade.

Addicted Member

If you are not renewing I posted some games for sale at the STH price of $28 per ticket for 2 tickets in Section 420A Row 4 in the Ticket Sales section of Out of Play on this Forum. Private message me if you are interested.

NYYF Legend

Seems like a lot of people are getting the throw away 9-game single seat plan to miantain presale rights. Those 9 games are mostly (all?) afternoon games and are usually the ones the Yankees sell for $5 at the box office. The resale market for these games will be a bloodbath, including the full price field and main seats because of the domino effect

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    Seems like a lot of people are getting the throw away 9-game single seat plan to miantain presale rights. Those 9 games are mostly (all?) afternoon games and are usually the ones the Yankees sell for $5 at the box office. The resale market for these games will be a bloodbath, including the full price field and main seats because of the domino effect
    Last year was a waste and this year has more day games. It's "only" $115, but spending $240 will at least get you 3-4 games you can go to. I have no regrets on bumping up to 2 seats for the 12 game.

Sunny days ahead YankeePride1967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BBombers85 View Post
    Last year was a waste and this year has more day games. It's "only" $115, but spending $240 will at least get you 3-4 games you can go to. I have no regrets on bumping up to 2 seats for the 12 game.
    That's what I did. I wasn't able to go to any of the 1:05 games last year so when you take those out, consider where you are sitting then how much of a bargain is it really? And this year even more day games plus the opponents are considerably weaker.

I upped to the 12 game plan (plan 2) this year as well. I changed my seats from Section 431B to bleachers section 236 for my two seats.

Thread Information