View Poll Results: What are your intentions for the Yankees 2013 season?

Voters
80. You may not vote on this poll
  • Adding an Extra Ticket Plan(s)

    3 3.75%
  • Not Changing My Ticket Plan(s)

    32 40.00%
  • Dropping one or more but keeping something

    6 7.50%
  • Downgrading to (a) Smaller Ticket Plan(s)

    7 8.75%
  • Dropping all my Ticket Plans, Hello Stubhub!

    32 40.00%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 ... LastLast
Results 126 to 150 of 518
  1. #126

    Re: Are you Renewing for 2013?

    Quote Originally Posted by yankees2010 View Post
    No disrespect meant to anyone, but why would anyone renew? There are NO advantages left. The Red Sox are rebuilding, the mets games are now 2 weeknight game, and the ALCS is a walk up.
    Some people have their reasons. If you own a small business or any type of business having a plan even small to give to clients isn't bad. You don't want to give a client stubhub print out tickets.

    Some people just like having hard tickets in their hands and the dates on the calendar. Not saying it's the right way to do it. I'll bet you though that 99% of the people on this board who dropped their plans went to a LOT less games. I'll give a story here with a different sport. I have Jets season tickets in the upper deck (let's leave the jokes out of it) but it's been something I've had since 1991 with my dad and about 6 years ago my sister joined us. We were unhappy with our seats and didn't renew figuring it's the best way to be upgraded and if we don't get it we won't go. My dad and sister started saying we will use stubhub and I said I just won't go ever again. I like a routine and when you have stubhub you have more excuses not to go. Here's an example. Thanksgiving night the Jets were playing at home this year. When we dropped (took about 2 weeks to get upgraded) my mom goes oh I guess Thanksgiving Night you can skip the game since you guys don't have tickets to go. Some people want to have a Yankees plan because they'd rather go to games and it's hard to say I'm buying tickets to certain games when there is something else going on. Some people feel liberated when they drop, some people don't want the liberation because it means doing other things they may not want to do.

    There are also people who think it's worth having a small plan and hoping for WS tickets. It's a small chance but if spending $115 (about 5 hands of blackjack on a Friday night in AC) for a 9 game plan gets you a presale code for 12 World Series tickets and Opening Day. Last year I was going to drop but kept a 9 game plan for $205 for 2 seats to try for 1 year. I pulled 8 tickets for Opening Day and I remembered the past couple years the price plunged the week before the game so I sold my tickets expecting prices to plunge. Instead they went higher. I was kicking myself and I know people who spent $150 for a $20 grandstand ticket. If you have that 9 game plan it already pays itself off.

    Not saying it's the way to go but it's the mindsets of some people who do keep them.

    For me I am on the fence about the 9 game plan but I would like to see the Dodgers and Giants. I still am angry I lost out on ticketmaster fees for my ALCS tickets and it's tough for me to access my regular email for the presales so I still have not renewed yet.

  2. #127

    Re: Are you Renewing for 2013?



    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

  3. #128

    Re: Are you Renewing for 2013?

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees51 View Post
    Some people have their reasons. If you own a small business or any type of business having a plan even small to give to clients isn't bad. You don't want to give a client stubhub print out tickets.

    Some people just like having hard tickets in their hands and the dates on the calendar. Not saying it's the right way to do it. I'll bet you though that 99% of the people on this board who dropped their plans went to a LOT less games. I'll give a story here with a different sport. I have Jets season tickets in the upper deck (let's leave the jokes out of it) but it's been something I've had since 1991 with my dad and about 6 years ago my sister joined us. We were unhappy with our seats and didn't renew figuring it's the best way to be upgraded and if we don't get it we won't go. My dad and sister started saying we will use stubhub and I said I just won't go ever again. I like a routine and when you have stubhub you have more excuses not to go. Here's an example. Thanksgiving night the Jets were playing at home this year. When we dropped (took about 2 weeks to get upgraded) my mom goes oh I guess Thanksgiving Night you can skip the game since you guys don't have tickets to go. Some people want to have a Yankees plan because they'd rather go to games and it's hard to say I'm buying tickets to certain games when there is something else going on. Some people feel liberated when they drop, some people don't want the liberation because it means doing other things they may not want to do.

    There are also people who think it's worth having a small plan and hoping for WS tickets. It's a small chance but if spending $115 (about 5 hands of blackjack on a Friday night in AC) for a 9 game plan gets you a presale code for 12 World Series tickets and Opening Day. Last year I was going to drop but kept a 9 game plan for $205 for 2 seats to try for 1 year. I pulled 8 tickets for Opening Day and I remembered the past couple years the price plunged the week before the game so I sold my tickets expecting prices to plunge. Instead they went higher. I was kicking myself and I know people who spent $150 for a $20 grandstand ticket. If you have that 9 game plan it already pays itself off.

    Not saying it's the way to go but it's the mindsets of some people who do keep them.

    For me I am on the fence about the 9 game plan but I would like to see the Dodgers and Giants. I still am angry I lost out on ticketmaster fees for my ALCS tickets and it's tough for me to access my regular email for the presales so I still have not renewed yet.
    Unless you live across the street, there are always reasons not to go. Personally, even though I'll probably keep a small plan, and use them as gifts and take in an occasional game (because I'm curious to see what the Yankees' ticket platform is going to be).... there is no reason to have them.

    The Yankees making the World Series is no longer a lock, Boston is non-competitive, and all the other reasons people have stated.

    I'm also stressing that the game day experience pretty much sucks. Most people are either on their phone, iPad, etc or walking around spending money at the mall. The game is secondary.

  4. #129

    Re: Are you Renewing for 2013?

    If you haven't already been robo-called, today is the deadline for the 4 payment auto-pay option....


    Cheers!
    -Doug

  5. #130
    NYYF Legend

    4bronxbombers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

    Re: Are you Renewing for 2013?

    Just got 2 calls - one of my cell and one on my land line. I don't think I'm renewing. I just don't have the money and prob won't be able to sell any of my tickets that I can't use. Stub hub is the way to go for peeps that need tickets.

  6. #131
    NYYF Legend

    GordonGecko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New York City

    Re: Are you Renewing for 2013?

    Quote Originally Posted by 4bronxbombers View Post
    Just got 2 calls - one of my cell and one on my land line. I don't think I'm renewing. I just don't have the money and prob won't be able to sell any of my tickets that I can't use. Stub hub is the way to go for peeps that need tickets.
    That avatar is great

  7. #132

    Re: Are you Renewing for 2013?

    Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    That avatar is great
    She's a big Wilford Brimley fan.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

  8. #133

    Re: Are you Renewing for 2013?

    I actually recognized the number this time on the caller ID. "Pick-up, hang up". I knew exactly why they were calling. I don't need Paul Olden screaming in my ear on a Monday morning. Save myself a few bob for my Florida trip tomorrow and can play some high end golf courses instead of the usual muni's. TPC Tampa Bay, here I come...

    My games will be Stubhubbed next year, along with a possible game or two at Spring Training for a change. Dad's 80th is at that time, and some of the family will be down- so it will be golfing and baseball for a week.
    "Bacon, The Candy of Meats"

  9. #134
    NYYF Legend

    4bronxbombers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

    Re: Are you Renewing for 2013?

    Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    That avatar is great
    Thanks - love this little guy....an orphan walrus rescued off the coast of Alaska (with health problems but now doing great)....and now living in Brooklyn

  10. #135
    NYYF Triple Crown

    StingrayJG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Shelton, CT

    Re: Are you Renewing for 2013?

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Bouge View Post
    It's like cigarettes... people know that season tickets are bad for them, that they are an expensive and unnecessary habit and that they will only cause them grief one way or the other.. yet they just can't quit the bad habit!!
    People can lose hundreds of dollars on unsaleable season ticket re-sales, watch the team put a mediocre product on the field in view of half empty front row seats and yet they are back for more the following season... It's crazy.
    The importance of of Season Tickets to the Yankees died in 2009. I cut my cord after 2010 and I haven't looked back. And I feel healthier too!
    This a great spot-on, analogy. For some people I think after a while it just becomes a habit, a part of them. "But I've always had them!" It was like that with me. It became part of my identity. I had my plan for 18 years. Some people never knew me not having them. I was actually very seriously contemplating dropping after 2010 season was over and came very close but at the last minute I was able to move up a few sections on main level so I figured I would try to see if the new location and one more season did anything to rekindle the flames to want to stay. It didn't. And then the capper was the $960 higher bill received after 2011 was over. Buh-bye.
    Some people who have had their plans for a long time may be afraid of getting rid of it for no other reason than "I've always had them" and they just don't want to let go. I will admit, after having it as long as I had mine, it does become a part of you, and despite what a no brainer it seems to be it is still not an easy decision, even when you're looking right at all the evidence screaming at you to drop it. I regret even talking myself into that one extra season I did (2011) before I finally cut the cord. Could've saved even more $$ and headache. I will be the first to admit, I was afraid. It definitely feels like permanently "blowing a bridge" behind you when you are thinking about it, and it's not easy. Even when you know it's undeniably the right choice. I can totally relate with anyone who is considering dropping but is having difficulty pulling the trigger. That was me, too. I was there. So if anyone is wondering "Is there life after dropping my season tickets?" There's a very good life after being a STH. It will definitely feel weird when the first season starts after you drop and you don't have to scramble and babysit your ticket plan and coordinate your entire summer before it even arrives. But once you realize what a good feeling it is, you will exhale and thank yourself for the good decision you made. I wish everyone luck that may be wrestling with this decision.
    Jimmy G. (Seniority 03/28/1994)
    1994-2008: Main Res MVP Sec. 14, Row G
    2009: Section 330, Row 6
    2010: Section 233A, Row 20
    2011: Section 229, Row 16 *All Sunday Plans*
    2012: No longer STH, liberated!

  11. #136

    Re: Are you Renewing for 2013?

    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

  12. #137
    NYYF Triple Crown

    StingrayJG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Shelton, CT

    Re: Are you Renewing for 2013?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    Yup, looks like Yanks and Angels will secede from the MLB deal.
    http://blog.northjersey.com/meadowla...t-divorce-yet/

    Also, $6 price floor agreed to between Stubhub and the other 28 teams sticking with the deal.

    I wonder if the Yankees will engineer some kind of restrictions on how STH's can forward tickets and the print at home options to try to intentionally curb pdf files being produced that can still be thrown on stubhub despite their secession from using them. Should be interesting to see what happens.

    Looks like they're also strategically waiting til all STH's have to be all in with their financial commitments before a formal announcement on this. That could possibly hint at some factors of this being maybe not so fan friendly as they tout. I could be wrong, what are the deadlines?
    Jimmy G. (Seniority 03/28/1994)
    1994-2008: Main Res MVP Sec. 14, Row G
    2009: Section 330, Row 6
    2010: Section 233A, Row 20
    2011: Section 229, Row 16 *All Sunday Plans*
    2012: No longer STH, liberated!

  13. #138
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    New York, NY

    Re: Are you Renewing for 2013?

    You all are forgetting that there are 81 ways to use season tickets. For example, you could use them to "12. Increase profits."

    http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/nyy/t...ur_tickets.jsp

  14. #139
    NYYF Legend

    GordonGecko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New York City

    Re: Are you Renewing for 2013?

    Quote Originally Posted by 4train View Post
    You all are forgetting that there are 81 ways to use season tickets. For example, you could use them to "12. Increase profits."

    http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/nyy/t...ur_tickets.jsp
    That list is beyond embarrassing, giving the Mets a run for their money

  15. #140
    NYYF Triple Crown

    StingrayJG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Shelton, CT

    Re: Are you Renewing for 2013?

    56. Show your appreciation to a company intern

    Approves
    Jimmy G. (Seniority 03/28/1994)
    1994-2008: Main Res MVP Sec. 14, Row G
    2009: Section 330, Row 6
    2010: Section 233A, Row 20
    2011: Section 229, Row 16 *All Sunday Plans*
    2012: No longer STH, liberated!

  16. #141
    NYYFans Member Stick Michael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Long Island, NY

    Re: Are you Renewing for 2013?

    At this point I'm leaning against renewing a Sat+ plan in Section 420C. If my rep du jour calls me (Chelsea Duffy left for a new job in September) I'll be straight with him but if he goes into salesman mode I'll mess with him and will pretend to be interested in upgrading to full season between the bases.

  17. #142

    Re: Are you Renewing for 2013?

    Quote Originally Posted by 4train View Post
    You all are forgetting that there are 81 ways to use season tickets. For example, you could use them to "12. Increase profits."

    http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/nyy/t...ur_tickets.jsp
    Wow! Imagine the poor guy in the Yankee office that was told to manufacture that! Creative writing at it's best. Comes off as very desperate.

  18. #143
    Forum Regular
    BronxBombers92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    New York

    Re: Are you Renewing for 2013?

    Good God. I feel so bad for the guy that had to write that.

  19. #144

    Re: Are you Renewing for 2013?

    I like how #81 is really #1. The person that wrote that may be the same person that prices the tickets.

  20. #145

    Re: Are you Renewing for 2013?

    36. Meet a blind date at the seats
    40. Take someone who does business with the competitor
    66. Use tickets as an incentive for someone to quit a bad habit
    69. Watch your Fantasy Team players in action

    Is this a joke?

    must've been a slow day at the Yankees season ticket office

  21. #146
    NYYF Legend

    GordonGecko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New York City

    Re: Are you Renewing for 2013?

    Quote Originally Posted by sorianoNY12 View Post
    36. Meet a blind date at the seats
    40. Take someone who does business with the competitor
    66. Use tickets as an incentive for someone to quit a bad habit
    69. Watch your Fantasy Team players in action

    Is this a joke?

    must've been a slow day at the Yankees season ticket office

    somebody should take a PDF and email it to boomer & carton, or joe beningo or something. It's so bush league - the people in charge of running the ticket office need to be fired

  22. #147

    Re: Are you Renewing for 2013?

    Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    somebody should take a PDF and email it to boomer & carton, or joe beningo or something. It's so bush league - the people in charge of running the ticket office need to be fired
    Yeah, because bad jokes should totally cost someone their livelihood.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

  23. #148
    NYYF Legend

    GordonGecko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New York City

    Re: Are you Renewing for 2013?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    Yeah, because bad jokes should totally cost someone their livelihood.
    Hate to tell you but if you're incompetent you need to be finding a different livelyhood. That being said, I had Trost & Levine in mind when I was thinking of who should be fired, because you know this comes from the top

  24. #149

    Re: Are you Renewing for 2013?

    Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    Hate to tell you but if you're incompetent you need to be finding a different livelyhood. That being said, I had Trost & Levine in mind when I was thinking of who should be fired, because you know this comes from the top
    So they're incompetent because their jokes are bad?

    The irony is that you want to complain to Boomer, Carton and Beningo about bad jokes.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

  25. #150
    NYYF Legend

    GordonGecko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New York City

    Re: Are you Renewing for 2013?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    So they're incompetent because their jokes are bad?

    The irony is that you want to complain to Boomer, Carton and Beningo about bad jokes.
    Waiiiiiiiiiiiiiit a minute, you think that page was a joke?

    Dude, the person(s) who wrote that is/are dead serious

    This is what the team has resorted to in order to try to get more plan holders. Fans have every right to be upset when instead of lowering prices to fit the market like they should, they pull the used car sales job on you

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts