View Poll Results: What are your intentions for the Yankees 2013 season?

Voters
80. You may not vote on this poll
  • Adding an Extra Ticket Plan(s)

3 3.75%
  • Not Changing My Ticket Plan(s)

32 40.00%
  • Dropping one or more but keeping something

6 7.50%
  • Downgrading to (a) Smaller Ticket Plan(s)

7 8.75%
  • Dropping all my Ticket Plans, Hello Stubhub!

32 40.00%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 ... LastLast

Re: Are you Renewing for 2013?

Looks like a rewards program is on the way for full season plans...with 20 years seniority you will get access to Mohegan Sun.

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/nyy/t...y_brochure.jsp

To show appreciation for your continued support and commitment, the Yankees are proudly introducing a new program only for Full Season Ticket Licensees.

Beginning next season, membership in the Yankees Legacy Club will provide a host of new advantages. This innovative program will be arranged according to the length of your Ticket Account, and the longer you are a part of the Yankees family as a Full Season Ticket Licensee, the more exclusive benefits and experiences you will receive throughout the years.

Some of the benefits and experiences of the Yankees Legacy Club may include the following and will be based on seniority:

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Bxboy View Post
    Looks like a rewards program is on the way for full season plans...with 20 years seniority you will get access to Mohegan Sun.

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/nyy/t...y_brochure.jsp

To show appreciation for your continued support and commitment, the Yankees are proudly introducing a new program only for Full Season Ticket Licensees.

Beginning next season, membership in the Yankees Legacy Club will provide a host of new advantages. This innovative program will be arranged according to the length of your Ticket Account, and the longer you are a part of the Yankees family as a Full Season Ticket Licensee, the more exclusive benefits and experiences you will receive throughout the years.

Some of the benefits and experiences of the Yankees Legacy Club may include the following and will be based on seniority:
    This was announced back in August. Unless you have had a plan for over 20 years the rewards are nothing special.

NYYF Legend

Sent an email a few hours ago to my rep indicating I am not renewing. So, there's that.

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    I'm not so sure the 9-game plan comes back. The Yankees do like to take away any sort of deals the fans can find when they realize they're not squeezing them as much as possible. The idea behind that plan with the $10 grandstand is that they're taking you for 100% markup since those are the same games they sell at the box office for $5. But they're probably thinking why not shoot for a 200% markup
    Well, looks like the 9 game is back, as well as the 2 12 gamers. Just got the email announcing the Season plans available for gift giving. They haven't sent the invoices for my regular (9 game) plan yet, though.
    "Bacon, The Candy of Meats"

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by RayG View Post
    Well, looks like the 9 game is back, as well as the 2 12 gamers. Just got the email announcing the Season plans available for gift giving. They haven't sent the invoices for my regular (9 game) plan yet, though.
    Good call, Holiday Plans on sale Friday after thanksgiving just like last year:

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/nyy/t...iday_plans.jsp

NYYF Cy Young

Has anyone gotten a refund for the World Series tickets? I assume they will hold the cash and hope we apply it to our season plans? I expressly requested a refund so I'm not having that.
    Attention Steinbrenner and front-office morons! Your triumphs mean nothing. You all stink. You can sit on it, and rotate! This is George Costanza. I fear no reprisal. Extension 5-1-7-0.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Axon View Post
    Has anyone gotten a refund for the World Series tickets? I assume they will hold the cash and hope we apply it to our season plans? I expressly requested a refund so I'm not having that.
    I got my ALCS game 6, and WS game 3 refund credited to my credit card weeks ago, probably 1 week after we got eliminated
    The real reason why the Yankees keep winning is cause the other team can't stop staring at the damn pinstripes

NYYF Legend

Buyer beware with that 9 game plan. Last season (2012), 4 out of the 9 were midweek day games. Probably the same deal this coming season.
    The real reason why the Yankees keep winning is cause the other team can't stop staring at the damn pinstripes

Quote Originally Posted by BronxYanks45 View Post
    Buyer beware with that 9 game plan. Last season (2012), 4 out of the 9 were midweek day games. Probably the same deal this coming season.
    Yes, there were a big percentage of Day games that I was a bit surprised at. Since they seem to have no trouble with day games selling with kids groups etc... It was mid-week night games that were the issue. But I was able to make almost all of them since I have the opportunity and the time to take unlike many others. I only had to give away one game and that was because I was out of town.
    I'm interested in the deal on the 12 gamer(s) with OD or the RS. That was the good thing about the old 11 game- you got a RS and a NL game in the package. If it works out the same per game, I'm willing to take it. I go the games and a few extra is a plus.

Quote Originally Posted by BronxYanks45 View Post
    We can guess the game times based on the CBA language:

http://mlb.mlb.com/pa/pdf/cba_english.pdf
    Pages 7-8

Getaway games shall not be scheduled or rescheduled to start later than 5 P.M. if either Club is required to travel for a day game, scheduled the next day, between cities in which the in-flight time is more than 1 1/2 hours.
    So based on this, my guesses for the 9 game plan:

4/17 - DAY GAME because Diamondbacks play in Colorado the next day.
    5/1 - DAY GAME because Astros go home for a game the next day.
    6/5 - DAY GAME because Yankees play in Seattle the next day.
    6/27 - DAY GAME because Rangers go home for a game the next day.
    7/11 - NIGHT GAME because Yankees are home the next day and Royals play in Cleveland the next day.
    8/15 - DAY GAME because Angels go home for a game the next day.
    8/22 - DAY GAME because Blue Jays play in Houston the next day.
    9/2 - DAY GAME - Labor Day.
    9/25 - NIGHT GAME - it's the 2nd game of a 3-game series.

That's 7 day games....

Quote Originally Posted by this_is_grand View Post

Pages 7-8

4/17 - DAY GAME because Diamondbacks play in Colorado the next day. no, they play at the Stadium according to the 12 game plan 2. The 12 game plan has the Wednesday- THAT would be the day game, NOT the Tuesday game on the 9 game plan
    7/11 - NIGHT GAME because Yankees are home the next day and Royals play in Cleveland the next day.

That's 7 day games....

Except that the schedulers have been notorious in their Yankee scheduling to keep as many games as possible in the prime time window.

and if it IS 7 day games, then I'll move to one of the 12's. That's ridiculous.

The Diamondbacks are playing the Yankees in the Bronx on Thursday, April 18th. It's right there in 12 Game Plan No 2.

edit: Already addressed by RayG

Oops! I pooped on your things! __starr69's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by this_is_grand View Post

Pages 7-8

4/17 - DAY GAME because Diamondbacks play in Colorado the next day.

That's 7 day games....
    Are the day after games all day games? The section you quoted specifically said "day game" for the day after getaway.

For example, a team can't play Monday at 7pm ET in NY if they're going to play Tuesday at 1pm MT in Colorado. However if they're going to play at 7pm MT in Colorado, then they can play in NY at 7pm ET the night before.

Simplified: no day games after night games with travel in between.

Also, I don't know much about flying, but is NY<-->CLE more than 1 1/2 hours?

NYYF Legend

The eternal state of optimism that the Yankees will win it all

Quote Originally Posted by __starr69 View Post
    Also, I don't know much about flying, but is NY<-->CLE more than 1 1/2 hours?
    With time required to get to the airport, et cetera, NY <--> Anywhere is greater than 1 1/2 hours.
    Forgive me for taking the Contrarian view

Oops! I pooped on your things! __starr69's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by longtimeyankeefan View Post
    With time required to get to the airport, et cetera, NY <--> Anywhere is greater than 1 1/2 hours.
    The quote from the CBA says "in flight time".

Forum Regular

Quote Originally Posted by BourbonMan View Post
    Attachment 21370

Yankees have a slight glitch in thier Premium pricing grid,or they are REALLY upped the benefits
    I don't know if anybody can do anything with it but that screenshot shows your acct # and name. Might want to blur that out.
    Back at the track, at the wall, we are tied!

has anyone gotten renewal letters for partial plans yet? I know the first installment is usually due pretty soon.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by specialedd2213 View Post
    has anyone gotten renewal letters for partial plans yet? I know the first installment is usually due pretty soon.

Nope haven't. I remember last year it coming right on Black Friday 2011, so its gotta be coming soon.

Been a partial plan holder for 5 years now. This past year I had the 16 game Friday plan, 2 seats, $45 each so total bill rounds out to $1500

I always have a great time at the stadium with friends and family but I'm just sick of sitting around people who aren't regulars, and I'm pretty sure paid less per ticket than I did.

As of now I'm not renewing unless I get a raise this year (it's been a while) and I get a buddy to split the package with me. Even then I may just decide its time to let it go.

I'm bummed but the ticket pricing situation is unacceptable.

NYYF Legend

I already renewed

NYYF Legend

any of you guys keeping your phillies plans? today is the extended dealine

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    any of you guys keeping your phillies plans? today is the extended dealine
    I'm out.
    I can't complain but sometimes I still do. - Joe Walsh

I just saw the Washington Nationals have a buy 2 get 2 free in a couple sections of their stadium for full season ticket holders. Anyone have any opinions?

Wish the Yankees offered something like this.

Addicted Member

The Yankees giving season ticket holders a good deal? That's beyond them. They'd prefer to stick their heads in the sand and admit that everything is fine.

As a former Saturday and Sunday plan holder in the old stadium and for 3 years in the new stadium, I went to one regular season game last year and one playoff game this past year. (Both games were purchased on stubhub). I don't even miss not going to the games because the atmosphere is terrible, the seats and food are overpriced, and I'll be honest... as I get older my patience for sitting 3-4 hours at a game is starting to diminish.

NYYF Triple Crown

Quote Originally Posted by jlevin View Post
    As a former Saturday and Sunday plan holder in the old stadium and for 3 years in the new stadium, I went to one regular season game last year and one playoff game this past year. (Both games were purchased on stubhub). I don't even miss not going to the games because the atmosphere is terrible, the seats and food are overpriced, and I'll be honest... as I get older my patience for sitting 3-4 hours at a game is starting to diminish.
    Former Sunday Plan 1994-2011, saw them play 4 times on the road in 2012 (2 in WAS, 2 in CLE) but didn't step foot in YS once. And I have to tell you I'm a bit surprised at how little I missed it. It was such a liberating feeling to not have to worry about managing the tickets to games you couldn't go to, worrying about whether you could get rid of them to friends or family or worse, the secondary market for a fraction of what you paid for them. Rearranging your schedule to make it to the few games you could get to. Blah! I shudder to think how I put up with that.
    I went into 2012 thinking, wow this will be different, first time in 18 yrs not having a plan to oversee. I'll get to a game or two hopefully but I'm not going to turn my life upside down or break plans to do it. And you know what? It just never fit in, and before you know it the season was over and I hadn't been there. The road trips were going to happen regardless of having my plan or not, we've been doing road trips for years. But for a lot of the reasons you stated above, the amount that I missed being there was surprisingly smaller than I ever thought it would be.
    Maybe I just needed a season to not "care" as much. I don't mean not root for them or care for their good fortune in the standings and playoffs. I mean just to not have the burden of what goes into being a STH on top of all that, the financial stake and the worry. Maybe I'll feel different next season and have the urge to attend more games there. Then again, maybe I wont...
    Jimmy G. (Seniority 03/28/1994)
    1994-2008: Main Res MVP Sec. 14, Row G
    2009: Section 330, Row 6
    2010: Section 233A, Row 20
    2011: Section 229, Row 16 *All Sunday Plans*
    2012: No longer STH, liberated!

Thread Information