View Poll Results: What are your intentions for the Yankees 2013 season?

Voters
80. You may not vote on this poll
  • Adding an Extra Ticket Plan(s)

3 3.75%
  • Not Changing My Ticket Plan(s)

32 40.00%
  • Dropping one or more but keeping something

6 7.50%
  • Downgrading to (a) Smaller Ticket Plan(s)

7 8.75%
  • Dropping all my Ticket Plans, Hello Stubhub!

32 40.00%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 ... LastLast

Re: Are you Renewing for 2013?

Yes. I reupped with my postseason purchase. 2 FS in the cheap seats. Attended more than half, sold rest 50/50 to friends & co-workers at face / and on SH. Will wait & see about the change in the secondary markets before I act. I am reminded of how people were calling for the doom & gloom of bars and restaurants when NJ was to ban smoking. I think most people now see the benefit. We can speculate all we want but until it happens...

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    There is no such label on tickets, and it's illegal for the yankees to deny admission because a ticket was resold
    Agreed 100%, any tickets I sell on SH are PDFs downloaded from TM or a teams website. They may say "Stubhub" if the team has a deal with SH, but barring that, there is no way whatsoever to distinguish a ticket bought from SH with one bought directly from the team or TM.

There would be a revolt if any team ever attempted to refuse admittance based only on the fact the ticket was purchased through SH, even if it was possible to determine a ticket was indeed bought on SH (which it is not)

NYYF Legend

Hey look, Randy and Lonn's mothers are doing spots for them now:

"Hear What Current Season Ticket Licensees Are Saying"
    http://mediadownloads.mlb.com/mlbam/...8007_1200K.mp4

Devoted Member

My brother and I made an educated guess that the final regular season game in OYS would be on a Sunday, so in January of 2007 we got the old C plan for the Sunday games, which included opening day and OTD. The tickets were upper deck behind home plate. No Sunday plans available in the relocation year, so we had a 20 gamer for 2009 in the GS. Resumed the Sunday plan in 2010 - 2012, also GS. The biggest reason we're not renewing is both of us can't make as many games now as opposed to 2007. Contrary to what Yankeefanatic thinks, not everyone who drops is a pissed off "amateur scalper." I've gone from making 10-12 games per year to making 4 this year. I wouldn't have a problem with that if I could get somewhat close to face for games I can't make. Also the collapse in playoff prices just reinforces our decision that the value is no longer there. We were planning on attending the ALCS, but I couldn't get the day off and my brother was out of town, so we had to eat Game 1 ALCS tickets. If I had to give it a ratio, I'd say it's about 80/20 in favor of life changes as opposed to being pissed at the Yankees. I will add that the 3rd midweek throw in game this year did irk me.
    "The saddest thing in life is wasted talent"

I have dropped everything except my 4 FS bleachers in 201 row 2.

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by NJRuss View Post
    I have dropped everything except my 4 FS bleachers in 201 row 2.
    What else did you have?

I really missed hemorrhaging thousands of dollars as an ex-full season ticket holder this past year and am convinced the organization's attempt to create an artificial demand for tickets by discontinuing their business relationship with Stubhub will work. Next year, I'm going to splurge for seats between the bases in Field Level.

The Kool-Aid tastes great.

NYYF Triple Crown

Quote Originally Posted by Stick Michael View Post
    I really missed hemorrhaging thousands of dollars as an ex-full season ticket holder this past year and am convinced the organization's attempt to create an artificial demand for tickets by discontinuing their business relationship with Stubhub will work. Next year, I'm going to splurge for seats between the bases in Field Level.

The Kool-Aid tastes great.
    I don't know if you'll be able to, supposedly it was only a "once in a lifetime opportunity."

Jimmy G. (Seniority 03/28/1994)
    1994-2008: Main Res MVP Sec. 14, Row G
    2009: Section 330, Row 6
    2010: Section 233A, Row 20
    2011: Section 229, Row 16 *All Sunday Plans*
    2012: No longer STH, liberated!

Had the Friday+ Plan this year. I like having a plan just to get the games on my calendar (i.e., having a set slate of dates rather than having to sell my wife on each one), but 16 is too many games and even on Fridays you lose almost half the value on the games you can't attend, so I intend to downgrade.

You know what would be a nice touch? Every planholder should be upgraded to the Legends section once during the season. If that's not mathematically possible for every planholder, maybe offer a lesser lower-level upgrade for people in smaller/cheaper plans. It would offer some incentive to stay on as a planholder, show appreciation on the part of the club, and maybe even convince a few people to pay for the Legends experience on their own in future seasons.

Or another, more direct way for the Yankees to keep more of their planholders?
    zzFlo_from_Progressive.jpg
    DISCOUNT!
    Last edited by 4train; 10-29-12 at 11:20 PM. Reason: additional paragraph

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by 4train View Post
    Had the Friday+ Plan this year. I like having a plan just to get the games on my calendar (i.e., having a set slate of dates rather than having to sell my wife on each one), but 16 is too many games and even on Fridays you lose almost half the value on the games you can't attend, so I intend to downgrade.
    To all who want a set of games on their calendar . . why not just choose the dates and then buy the tickets . . from TM, SH where ever? Plus you could buy tickets in different sections of the Stadium.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    To all who want a set of games on their calendar . . why not just choose the dates and then buy the tickets . . from TM, SH where ever? Plus you could buy tickets in different sections of the Stadium.
    Some people just don't want to bother with any of the inconvenience. They just want one bill, one payment, and one ticket booklet to deal with for the whole season. There's a cost to that and if people are willing to pay it, hey it's not my money

Lets see where things stand
    I actually had a 20 game plan last year in 422 row 8. I was able to attend the seat relocation event for full season ticket holders and was able to upgrade to a full season in section 420A row 3 along the isle. I have alot of friends and coworkers that are going to buy some games from me at face value and I plan on selling all of the Premium ones for some profit if I can. Check with me this time next year to see if it was a good decision or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    What else did you have?
    Last year I dropped a full season pair in 208 row 2 and this year I am dropping 4 Sunday Plans in 213.

NYYF MVP

Quote Originally Posted by KevinO194 View Post
    I actually had a 20 game plan last year in 422 row 8. I was able to attend the seat relocation event for full season ticket holders and was able to upgrade to a full season in section 420A row 3 along the isle. I have alot of friends and coworkers that are going to buy some games from me at face value and I plan on selling all of the Premium ones for some profit if I can. Check with me this time next year to see if it was a good decision or not.
    I can already tell you its a bad decision. When friends and coworkers see that the seats they are paying you face value for are selling for $2 in the secondary market they get annoyed real quick. I used to do the same only to hear You charge me $100 for tickets I can get for $40-$50 on stub hub. All of a sudden the guy who wanted ten games now only wants two.

I'm on the fence about renewing. I have a small plan, but out of the 12 games I only made about 8. They were worth it overall... I just felt like I paid too much in section 212 - they should not be $85 but more like $75 or $65.

Quote Originally Posted by Perseus71 View Post
    I'm on the fence about renewing. I have a small plan, but out of the 12 games I only made about 8. They were worth it overall... I just felt like I paid too much in section 212 - they should not be $85 but more like $75 or $65.
    It's not worth having any type of plan in seats over $20 face value.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees51 View Post
    You could have stopped after the word 'plan'.

NYYF Legend

Well a $20 12-game plan for a pair of seats is $505 including shipping. You could probably get better seats for the same games for less than half that price and not have to commit to many of those which you inevitable can't make. And then you can still get postseason tickets in the public sale or in a presale with a $20 yankees universe membership

Well a $20 12-game plan for a pair of seats is $505 including shipping. You could probably get better seats for the same games for less than half ...
    Less than half excluding fees, right? Slightly under $240 ($5+$4.95 each for 24 tickets) would go to Stubhub. $1 tickets for every game still takes you to $264. I agree with your general point though. I don't track pre-cutoff prices closely, but did Grandstand Infield seats stay above $10 for any games this season?

To stay on topic, I have a Grandstand Infield Fri+ and the econo-plan in the bleachers. I don't always have the time to bottom fish, so I'm fine with paying a "premium" for tickets in hand. I can't see letting go of the bleachers. I won't renew the grandstand plan if prices go north of $30.

You're right about that part. I had the 9 game plan for post season presale codes. Not even sure if I should keep it. I didn't lose money on it so I may give it one more year. $205 would be like playing 10 hands of blackjack. Then again I might do better playing blackjack.

NYYF Legend

You're right about that part. I had the 9 game plan for post season presale codes. Not even sure if I should keep it. I didn't lose money on it so I may give it one more year. $205 would be like playing 10 hands of blackjack. Then again I might do better playing blackjack.
    I'm not so sure the 9-game plan comes back. The Yankees do like to take away any sort of deals the fans can find when they realize they're not squeezing them as much as possible. The idea behind that plan with the $10 grandstand is that they're taking you for 100% markup since those are the same games they sell at the box office for $5. But they're probably thinking why not shoot for a 200% markup

Quote Originally Posted by 4train View Post

You know what would be a nice touch? Every planholder should be upgraded to the Legends section once during the season. If that's not mathematically possible for every planholder, maybe offer a lesser lower-level upgrade for people in smaller/cheaper plans. It would offer some incentive to stay on as a planholder, show appreciation on the part of the club, and maybe even convince a few people to pay for the Legends experience on their own in future seasons.

Or another, more direct way for the Yankees to keep more of their planholders?

DISCOUNT!
    I agree - I would also like a couple of meet & greet events for STH - before the game - maybe free hot dogs & soda. That's the least they can FN do.

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by jyanks View Post
    I agree - I would also like a couple of meet & greet events for STH - before the game - maybe free hot dogs & soda. That's the least they can FN do.
    Yeah- a discount card for 25% off all food and say 15% off merchandise for the season would be great... and the Yankees would still be making a killing with the prices being what they are

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesrule View Post
    Yeah- a discount card for 25% off all food and say 15% off merchandise for the season would be great... and the Yankees would still be making a killing with the prices being what they are
    That's not the Yankees business model, and it's not something Trost or Levine would ever endorse. Those two turkeys are all about maximizing revenue from every last place possible no matter what, even at the expense of alienating some fans. There's plenty of other fans waiting in line to replace them after all, and even if they don't like it they eventually come back and pay the price right? right? hello, where did everybody go?

I'm not so sure the 9-game plan comes back. The Yankees do like to take away any sort of deals the fans can find when they realize they're not squeezing them as much as possible. The idea behind that plan with the $10 grandstand is that they're taking you for 100% markup since those are the same games they sell at the box office for $5. But they're probably thinking why not shoot for a 200% markup
    You're probably right. The only tempting plan would be if you could get decent bleacher seats in 20 game plan #1. 3 Boston games, Mets, Giants, Dodgers and 3 post season games. I'm sure they will find a way to squeeze fans out on that too.

Thread Information