View Poll Results: What are your intentions for the Yankees 2013 season?

Voters
80. You may not vote on this poll
  • Adding an Extra Ticket Plan(s)

    3 3.75%
  • Not Changing My Ticket Plan(s)

    32 40.00%
  • Dropping one or more but keeping something

    6 7.50%
  • Downgrading to (a) Smaller Ticket Plan(s)

    7 8.75%
  • Dropping all my Ticket Plans, Hello Stubhub!

    32 40.00%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 518
  1. #26
    NYYF Legend

    4bronxbombers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

    Re: Are you Renewing for 2013?

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees51 View Post
    I only had a 9 game plan that cost me $205 total with fees. I was able to sell all the tickets at face value so it only cost me $25 to have a presale code for Opening Day and the postseason. Opening Day I sold all my tickets making $325 thinking I could get new seats for cheap closer to Opening Day which burnt me. Postseason I had a leg injury and couldn't even get face for my seats. Not sure what the point in having any plan period is since now post season tickets can be had through the public onsales and you can even get better seats than in the presales.

    I would maybe consider 20 game plan #1 next year since it includes 3 Red Sox 1 Mets 1 Giants and 1 Dodgers game in the plan but not sure if those 6 games are worth the $400 per seat price for a grandstand outfield or bleacher seat.
    How the heck did you sell your tickets in the 9 game plan and on top of it, sell them at face value? wow

  2. #27
    NYYF Legend

    GordonGecko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New York City

    Re: Are you Renewing for 2013?

    small sample size but so far nobody is adding a plan and only 42% are staying put. 42% are dropping everything - if that holds up the Yankees are going to start putting the hard sell on people

  3. #28

    Re: Are you Renewing for 2013?

    Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    small sample size but so far nobody is adding a plan and only 42% are staying put. 42% are dropping everything - if that holds up the Yankees are going to start putting the hard sell on people
    I'm interested to see what they do with Stubhub. If they ditch stubhub and go to the ticketmaster secondary market (or similar), where a STH can only list at or above face, I think you will see another MASS exodus after next year. That's when it will hurt me. Yes, Stubhub will still be an option, but the immediacy and the ability to not do anything on my own to list on stub hub makes that a huge convenience. If I have to list on Stubhub without the Yankees linking to it, I have to change my strategy. If I upload the tix, I'm essentially committing to selling them on stubhub, etc.

  4. #29

    Re: Are you Renewing for 2013?

    This survey is reaching the most disgruntled Yankee fans at a time when feelings are going to be at their most negative. The fact that 40% are not changing anything, and that 60% will remain season ticket holders in some form, seems like great news for the Yankees, assuming the numbers hold up. Sure, there could be a drop in STH's, but based on these early numbers I would bet against a mass exodus.

  5. #30

    Re: Are you Renewing for 2013?

    I see that a few folks are talking about listing on Stubhub even if the Yankees break ties with them. Would it be possible that the Yankees do NOT accept any tickets using Stubhub? Wouldn't THAT be more of a reason for a mass exodus of STH's? There will be all kinds of lawsuits about consumer's rights vs. ability of a business to control access, etc...
    "Bacon, The Candy of Meats"

  6. #31

    Re: Are you Renewing for 2013?

    How could the Yankees deny stubhub tickets when they would be the same tickets downloaded from the team website and uploaded onto SH? They would have no way of knowing the tickets were sold on SH

  7. #32
    NYYF Legend

    ZYanksRule's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Port Chester, NY

    Re: Are you Renewing for 2013?

    Quote Originally Posted by gold23 View Post
    I'm interested to see what they do with Stubhub. If they ditch stubhub and go to the ticketmaster secondary market (or similar), where a STH can only list at or above face, I think you will see another MASS exodus after next year. That's when it will hurt me. Yes, Stubhub will still be an option, but the immediacy and the ability to not do anything on my own to list on stub hub makes that a huge convenience. If I have to list on Stubhub without the Yankees linking to it, I have to change my strategy. If I upload the tix, I'm essentially committing to selling them on stubhub, etc.
    They are going to try to spin getting rid of Stubhub as being good for their season ticket holders when, in effect, it's the opposite. The convenience of listing on Stubhub has been very much appreciated.


  8. #33

    Re: Are you Renewing for 2013?

    Quote Originally Posted by pacersyankees View Post
    How could the Yankees deny stubhub tickets when they would be the same tickets downloaded from the team website and uploaded onto SH? They would have no way of knowing the tickets were sold on SH
    Sure they would know- There's a big "STUBHUB" on the paper. If I remember the old 'ticket exchange' was strictly hard tickets and there weren't same day electronic deliveries. You were lucky if you got hardcopy tickets at will call. If they want to keep the money close to the vest, then they could just deem those SH tickets invalid.
    "Bacon, The Candy of Meats"

  9. #34

    Re: Are you Renewing for 2013?

    If they keep the cheap 9 game plan I might renew for WS presale, otherwise no chance.

  10. #35
    NYYF Legend

    GordonGecko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New York City

    Re: Are you Renewing for 2013?

    Quote Originally Posted by RayG View Post
    Sure they would know- There's a big "STUBHUB" on the paper. If I remember the old 'ticket exchange' was strictly hard tickets and there weren't same day electronic deliveries. You were lucky if you got hardcopy tickets at will call. If they want to keep the money close to the vest, then they could just deem those SH tickets invalid.
    There is no such label on tickets, and it's illegal for the yankees to deny admission because a ticket was resold

  11. #36

    Re: Are you Renewing for 2013?

    I suspect I will down grade from my 12 game, 6 seat plan......... I was besides myself when the ticket exchange program got revamped (of course not to our benefit), but in the end, it may not have mattered anyway.........

  12. #37

    Re: Are you Renewing for 2013?

    Quote Originally Posted by bl73 View Post
    This survey is reaching the most disgruntled Yankee fans at a time when feelings are going to be at their most negative. The fact that 40% are not changing anything, and that 60% will remain season ticket holders in some form, seems like great news for the Yankees, assuming the numbers hold up. Sure, there could be a drop in STH's, but based on these early numbers I would bet against a mass exodus.
    So, how long have you worked for the Yankees?
    I can't complain but sometimes I still do. - Joe Walsh

  13. #38
    NYYF Cy Young

    CT-Yankee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    CT, far enough from Boston

    Re: Are you Renewing for 2013?

    I am about 75% sure I will drop my plan. Something could change that but right now, I don't see it. There was no atmosphere at the stadium and it seems like you can't do anything. Rude and slow workers at the concessions and I could go on ( except for my beer lady haha). And no, Mr. Levine, it isn't because of Stubhub.

  14. #39

    Re: Are you Renewing for 2013?

    I have 20 game #1 in the Grandstand behind home plate. I never go the Stubhub route so that doesn't affect me in the least. I have plenty of friends that take half of my games at face value. They like setting their calendars and having tickets in hand by the spring. Decisions on plans need to be made based on your ability to manage the size of it. For me I live way out of town and have kids that are at the age of being involved in a whole lot of stuff. I can't make it to all of the games but over the years I've developed a network of family/friends that are appreciative of me offering them tickets. Sometimes I'll outright give my pair as a gift to someone. I've heard the blah blah blah that I'll lose friends because of the cheap cost on SH. That has never happened and never will. My friends & family like having their plans set ahead of time and are not into waiting on pricing trends to determine whether or not they are going to a game.

  15. #40
    Devoted Member
    JimmyA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Massachusetts

    Re: Are you Renewing for 2013?

    Keeping my 20-Game Plan #1 in Main. I go to a lot of games and sell the rest. This year I had a net loss of $76 on games that I didn't attend in person, and that was only because nobody wanted the two games I had against the Red Sox. (Still can't figure out that one.)

  16. #41

    Re: Are you Renewing for 2013?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ram Man View Post
    So, how long have you worked for the Yankees?
    I don't, but if they want to pay me for these posts then sign me up!

  17. #42
    NYYF Legend

    4bronxbombers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

    Re: Are you Renewing for 2013?

    Quote Originally Posted by jerseygirl46 View Post
    If they keep the cheap 9 game plan I might renew for WS presale, otherwise no chance.
    Same here.

  18. #43
    NYYF Legend

    4bronxbombers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

    Re: Are you Renewing for 2013?

    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyA View Post
    Keeping my 20-Game Plan #1 in Main. I go to a lot of games and sell the rest. This year I had a net loss of $76 on games that I didn't attend in person, and that was only because nobody wanted the two games I had against the Red Sox. (Still can't figure out that one.)
    How do you get a 20 game plan in Main? I thought those seats were only for full season ticket holders. Maybe I didn't understand that correctly when I tried to move my seats down and I'm a partial ticket holder.

  19. #44
    NYYF Cy Young

    Sparky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    New Jersey

    Re: Are you Renewing for 2013?

    Quote Originally Posted by CT-Yankee View Post
    I am about 75% sure I will drop my plan. Something could change that but right now, I don't see it. There was no atmosphere at the stadium and it seems like you can't do anything. Rude and slow workers at the concessions and I could go on ( except for my beer lady haha). And no, Mr. Levine, it isn't because of Stubhub.
    Same here - but I am 99% sure I will drop my Sat+ plan in the GS. I only want to go to 3-5 games these days, so I don't want 16 games to deal with, and I want to sit in different sections of the Stadium. Plus having fewer games allows me to spend more per game at get better locations.

    Part of wanting to going to fewer games is the overall expense, but a lot of it is the "negative" Stadium experience. Not to mentioned being able to get PS tickets in the general sale (and $20 YU presale).

  20. #45

    Re: Are you Renewing for 2013?

    Quote Originally Posted by 4bronxbombers View Post
    How the heck did you sell your tickets in the 9 game plan and on top of it, sell them at face value? wow
    I was lucky I guess. I had two girls I know that each bought a game off me and then I posted my other seven games on my facebook page and a bartender asked if he could buy all of them.

    Those seats are only $10 per ticket so even if you go on stubhub you're spending at least $10-$15 with fees (I haven't bought on stubhub much so I forget the minimum charge) so for a couple extra bucks you have hard ticket stubs.

  21. #46
    Devoted Member
    JimmyA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Massachusetts

    Re: Are you Renewing for 2013?

    Quote Originally Posted by 4bronxbombers View Post
    How do you get a 20 game plan in Main? I thought those seats were only for full season ticket holders. Maybe I didn't understand that correctly when I tried to move my seats down and I'm a partial ticket holder.
    I have had them ever since the relocation in March of 2009. I wanted a Saturday plan, but by the time they reached my seniority, they had no Saturday plans left anywhere. After much conversation, they were going to give me a Sunday plan with two piggy-back seats in the far left field grandstand. Then almost as an afterthought, I asked, "well, just one other idea -what if I wanted to move up to a 20-game plan?" and they told me without hesitation, "Oh, yes, if you want a 20-game plan, we can put you just about anywhere."

  22. #47
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    The Bronx

    Re: Are you Renewing for 2013?

    with both the Giants and Dodgers coming to town, I'm keeping my plan might upgrade to 20 from Sat partial
    The real reason why the Yankees keep winning is cause the other team can't stop staring at the damn pinstripes

  23. #48
    Devoted Member
    Mastermind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Long Island

    Re: Are you Renewing for 2013?

    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyA View Post
    I have had them ever since the relocation in March of 2009. I wanted a Saturday plan, but by the time they reached my seniority, they had no Saturday plans left anywhere. After much conversation, they were going to give me a Sunday plan with two piggy-back seats in the far left field grandstand. Then almost as an afterthought, I asked, "well, just one other idea -what if I wanted to move up to a 20-game plan?" and they told me without hesitation, "Oh, yes, if you want a 20-game plan, we can put you just about anywhere."
    i had the 46 game plan in the old stadium and it was gold
    i have a 41 game plan- see no reason to keep it though I like the seats
    i love my 20 game #1 plan in the bleachers 5th row on the aisle- will stay with it as I can sell the games I cant go to to co workers and i get the 1 game per playoff round
    if i didnt really like those seats it wld be stubhub only

  24. #49
    Devoted Member
    YankeeSTH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Section 420C

    Re: Are you Renewing for 2013?

    I already renewed my full season plan in the Grandstand behind Home Plate. 2012 was my first time as full season ticket holder. I bought in mid February and did not have a partner. I was successful selling the games that my family and I did not attend for face value to people I know but mostly 1 or 2 games to each person. For 2013 I am looking for a few people who want to buy 8 or more games.

    In 2012, I also bought about 12 games to re-sell in more expensive locations (Main, Jim Beam, MVP Field) during the STH pre sale (for Opening Day, Red Sox, Old Timers Day) and those were a challenge to re-sell but I eventually did and broke even. I will not not do that again in 2013.

    I also bought Field MVP seats with my 50% off coupons for 2 weeknight games and to my surprise had trouble re-selling those at cost.

    I also bought 2 games in the Post season in MVP field, could not sell ALDS 5 so I went for $300+ and for ALCS 6 for $400+ and will get a refund. I will not do that again in 2013.

    So I will be cutting my dollars spent in half on Yankees tickets and will just have my full season plan in the Grandstand 420s and swearing off buying any other tickets to re-sell.

  25. #50
    NYYF Legend

    GordonGecko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New York City

    Re: Are you Renewing for 2013?

    Quote Originally Posted by YankeeSTH View Post
    I will not do that again in 2013.
    I think there's a lot of other people in the same boat who got burned, and the waiting list is getting thinner and thinner every year. I hope you can find those partners to go in with you for the $28 Grandstand. You should totally offer them ALDS and ALCS postseason rights for a game or two to get them on board. But even then I think you're going to have a hard time of it. Season tickets only work these days if you're willing to fund 100% of the expense yourself with no expectation of recovering any of those costs

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts