View Poll Results: What are your intentions for the Yankees 2013 season?

Voters
80. You may not vote on this poll
  • Adding an Extra Ticket Plan(s)

3 3.75%
  • Not Changing My Ticket Plan(s)

32 40.00%
  • Dropping one or more but keeping something

6 7.50%
  • Downgrading to (a) Smaller Ticket Plan(s)

7 8.75%
  • Dropping all my Ticket Plans, Hello Stubhub!

32 40.00%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast
    NYYF Legend

Are you Renewing for 2013?

Lets see where things stand

Re: Are you Renewing for 2013?

I only had a 9 game plan that cost me $205 total with fees. I was able to sell all the tickets at face value so it only cost me $25 to have a presale code for Opening Day and the postseason. Opening Day I sold all my tickets making $325 thinking I could get new seats for cheap closer to Opening Day which burnt me. Postseason I had a leg injury and couldn't even get face for my seats. Not sure what the point in having any plan period is since now post season tickets can be had through the public onsales and you can even get better seats than in the presales.

I would maybe consider 20 game plan #1 next year since it includes 3 Red Sox 1 Mets 1 Giants and 1 Dodgers game in the plan but not sure if those 6 games are worth the $400 per seat price for a grandstand outfield or bleacher seat.

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    Lets see where things stand
    I may renew my single on the nine game plan (if offered) just for the WS presale although I'm not entirely sure that is worth the $90.
    I can't complain but sometimes I still do. - Joe Walsh

Sunny days ahead YankeePride1967's Avatar

if they offer the nine game plan again I will renew.
    Life is good!

Dropped my full season in the Grandstand behind home plate. Debating whether to drop my Saturday plan in the bleachers. That will depend on whether they raise prices and/or add more crappy non-Saturday games to the package.

The 9 game was fine for me, BUT- I didn't like that they chopped any 'decent' games. No RS or National league games with too many day games in a row near the end of the season.

I AM considering one of the 12 gamers with either Opening Day or the 2 RS games instead. For $10 a seat, it's a good deal. If I can keep my current seats, I would consider one of those.
    "Bacon, The Candy of Meats"

NYYF Legend

I had the 9 game plan (1 seat - never used it and sold it for pennies each game I had it for) which cost me $115 total after shipping. I'll probably renew it, if offered again. All said and done we were 4 wins from the World Series, even if we failed, and that $115 would've been well worth it in that case.

Keeping my FS Grandstand plan, but looking to downgrade to the $20/seat price level.

NYYF Cy Young

Right now I'm planning on dropping. I have a 20 game grandstand. I just lose too much on it...I only can attend ten games a year, and I take a bath on the remaining games. No value there.
    Attention Steinbrenner and front-office morons! Your triumphs mean nothing. You all stink. You can sit on it, and rotate! This is George Costanza. I fear no reprisal. Extension 5-1-7-0.

NYYF Legend

Well I have a 12 game pair in the bleachers that came with opening day and one red sox game. Total cost $505. I had a guy who would buy most of the games at face from me, but this year he decided to pass. I ended up losing about $100 on resales. I don't see any reason to keep this plan for next season. At this point people should just be buying a $20 Yankees Universe membership and they'll get pretty much all the benefits of a plan holder, and you'll get more free stuff than the plan holders get for less than their shipping

I've renewed my full season down low in the 100's. My family has had excellent seats since the mid 70's, and we really do use them a lot. I take a financial bath every season with the dozen or so games that net very little on the resale market, but between family usage and business it makes sense for me. I could probably save tons by going on to stub hub when I want to go and getting comparable seats (only better seats are in Legends, and I'd pay more for them than my face) for less. But I can live with eating a few thousand annually for the comfort and convenience of having the seats.

That being said....owning these seats has gone from a major advantage and exclusive ability in the mid to late 90's to a financial black hole in the new park.

Well I have a 12 game pair in the bleachers that came with opening day and one red sox game. Total cost $505. I had a guy who would buy most of the games at face from me, but this year he decided to pass. I ended up losing about $100 on resales. I don't see any reason to keep this plan for next season. At this point people should just be buying a $20 Yankees Universe membership and they'll get pretty much all the benefits of a plan holder, and you'll get more free stuff than the plan holders get for less than their shipping

I subscribe to YU each year. This year had the presale for postseason;, and saved $120 on a pair of Audi seats earlier in the year vs Chisox. Past years, I saved $150 on a pair of the over priced batters eye; also purchased cafe seats behind 121 for bat day (2010?) for $75 when the regular seats next to us were $300. Unless they change the rules, YU at $20 is a steal ! And while you usually do not see discounts for Sat/Sun, you still pick and choose what games you want. I see no benefit in any partial that does not at least break even.

Getting rid of 4 seat Saturday Plan in 424. Only sat there for one game and sold 9 or 10, ate the rest. Going to go for a single seat in a much lesser plan if possible to maintain seniority (2003) even though its worthless now it may be of some use later on in life. If its not possible then i'm split city and I'll take my chances with getting tickets from my job, or in the secondary market.

The last few years I have been scaling back from a 46 to a 20 to a 12 game plan this year. Next year I will try 1 seat for a 9 game plan or maybe Yankees Universe.

Keeping all 3 grandstand seats in my "Sunday +" plan...even though MLB has taken away BOTH of the annual Yankee-Met Sunday games (home and away). Looking forward to seeing the SF Giants come in on September 22, 2013.
    "We plan absentee ownership as far as running the Yankees is concerned."
    --George Steinbrenner

Likely keeping my 9 game and 12 game plans even though I eat money on them constantly when I can't make the games since I like stability.

I'd pick up a Friday plan again after dropping before this season if they took out some of the non-Friday games.

I haven't decided yet. I may downgrade my Sat plan for the 9 game.

Does anyone know if the 2013 plans/dates are listed yet?

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by jyanks View Post
    I haven't decided yet. I may downgrade my Sat plan for the 9 game.

Does anyone know if the 2013 plans/dates are listed yet?
    They haven't released anything yet. The only certainty are the dates for full, 41, 40, 20 and 20 plans. The prices aren't even set, although the prices are the same if you try to purchase full season right now. That's not to say they won't be adjusted downwards in the upcoming weeks

Keeping 4 seats in the bleachers for Friday night plan. basically broke even on games I couldnt go to.

NYYF Legend

Dropping my Friday plan due to a number of reasons. Not a huge fan of how the team treats its STH's, and scheduling has become a problem for me (this year, I only made it to like 4 of my games).

Addicted Member

Its a tough choice, I have a Sat + plan in 237 of the bleachers. I actually made a small profit in selling the games I couldn't go to but I hate the mid week throw in games and the hassell of attempting to sell the games I can't go to. When I first got the plan in 2009 I was able to unload mid weeks game at ease for atleast face, but this year I never was able to and either went to those games or sold them as a package with the Mets game. Right now I am leaning towards renewing but only if the prices don't go up.
    http://twitter.com/NYMoot
    http://nyystarsandpinstripes.blogspot.com

They haven't released anything yet. The only certainty are the dates for full, 41, 40, 20 and 20 plans. The prices aren't even set, although the prices are the same if you try to purchase full season right now. That's not to say they won't be adjusted downwards in the upcoming weeks
    Do you have a link for these plans, Gordon?
    I couldn't find it on the website.....

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by jyanks View Post
    Do you have a link for these plans, Gordon?
    I couldn't find it on the website.....
    Those plans are the same each year

Schedule:
    http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/sched...lendar=DEFAULT

Full Season Tickets Purchase page:
    http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/nyy/t...on_tickets.jsp

Keeping fri plan in the bleachers. Just trying to decide if Im keeping all 4 seats or dropping it down to 2.

Those plans are the same each year

Schedule:
    http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/sched...lendar=DEFAULT

Full Season Tickets Purchase page:
    http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/nyy/t...on_tickets.jsp

Sorry, I was confused. I was looking for the 16 & 9 game plans!
    Thank you for the links!

Thread Information