+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1. #1

    Yankees 2013 Roster

    Might as well start looking at this now.........

    LF - Gardner
    SS - Jeter
    2B - Cano
    1B - Texeira
    3B - Rodriguez
    DH - ?????
    CF - Dickerson
    RF - Suzuki
    C - Martin

    Bench - Nunez
    Bench - Ibanez
    Bench - Chavez
    Bench - Nix
    Bench - Stewart

    SP - Sabathia
    SP - Pettite
    SP - Hughes
    SP - Pineda
    SP - Kuroda

    RP - Chamberlain
    RP - Eppley
    RP - Rapada
    RP - Logan
    RP - Phelps
    RP - Rivera

  2. #2
    NYYF Triple Crown


    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Nassau County

    Re: Yankees 2013 Roster

    This belongs in Inside The Lines since it has to do with the players and quality of the team.
    Your roster is missing Robertson.

  3. #3

    Re: Yankees 2013 Roster

    I'd like to see them acquire Endy Chavez and Jamey Carroll so they can start some postseason games for the Yankees, if they make it.

  4. #4
    Please, call me YFiB Yankee Fan in Boston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Too Close to Fenway

    Re: Yankees 2013 Roster

    Quote Originally Posted by Maas_Pasqua_Pags View Post
    Might as well start looking at this now.........

    LF - Gardner
    SS - Jeter
    2B - Cano
    1B - Texeira
    3B - Rodriguez
    DH - ?????
    CF - Dickerson
    RF - Suzuki
    C - Martin

    Bench - Nunez
    Bench - Ibanez
    Bench - Chavez
    Bench - Nix
    Bench - Stewart

    SP - Sabathia
    SP - Pettite
    SP - Hughes
    SP - Pineda
    SP - Kuroda

    RP - Chamberlain
    RP - Eppley
    RP - Rapada
    RP - Logan
    RP - Phelps
    RP - Rivera
    Dickerson is not starting in the OF next year, but even if he somehow did, it would be insanity to play him in CF over Gardner
    "Welcome to NYYFans, the place where Yankees fans come together to complain about the manner in which our team is winning games" -- Mr. Coffee

  5. #5
    Addicted Member
    AnAbombfromA-rod13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Long Island

    Re: Yankees 2013 Roster

    If Dickerson, Ichiro and Gardner are the everyday outfielders the Yankees are in big trouble. That is what? MAYBE a grand total of 25 homers and 150 rbi? That would be awful from your outfield production, why not call the Mets at that rate and get Jason Bay too ?
    http://twitter.com/NYMoot
    http://nyystarsandpinstripes.blogspot.com

  6. #6
    NYYF Cy Young

    Sparky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    New Jersey

    Re: Yankees 2013 Roster

    Quote Originally Posted by EvanJ View Post
    This belongs in Inside The Lines since it has to do with the players and quality of the team.
    Your roster is missing Robertson.
    Agreed - mod please move . . .

  7. #7

    Re: Yankees 2013 Roster

    Quote Originally Posted by Maas_Pasqua_Pags View Post
    Might as well start looking at this now.........

    LF - Gardner
    SS - Jeter
    2B - Cano
    1B - Texeira
    3B - Rodriguez
    DH - ?????
    CF - Dickerson
    RF - Suzuki
    C - Martin
    I really hope you're wrong.

  8. #8

    Re: Yankees 2013 Roster

    Quote Originally Posted by AnAbombfromA-rod13 View Post
    If Dickerson, Ichiro and Gardner are the everyday outfielders the Yankees are in big trouble. That is what? MAYBE a grand total of 25 homers and 150 rbi? That would be awful from your outfield production, why not call the Mets at that rate and get Jason Bay too ?

    It appears as though you prefer power over winning....... How did the 1,000 homers we hit this year help us?

  9. #9
    Addicted Member
    AnAbombfromA-rod13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Long Island

    Re: Yankees 2013 Roster

    Quote Originally Posted by Maas_Pasqua_Pags View Post
    It appears as though you prefer power over winning....... How did the 1,000 homers we hit this year help us?
    No I prefer runs, scoring runs and that line up is not going to score many. Jeter, Ichiro, Gardner and Dickerson would all be basically the same player. A-Rod is not exactly what he use to be but will give you atleast 25 and 80 but he may get hurt. Also you want to talk about winning? Please remember they were just one round away from getting to the World Series.
    http://twitter.com/NYMoot
    http://nyystarsandpinstripes.blogspot.com

  10. #10

    Re: Yankees 2013 Roster

    Quote Originally Posted by AnAbombfromA-rod13 View Post
    No I prefer runs, scoring runs and that line up is not going to score many. Jeter, Ichiro, Gardner and Dickerson would all be basically the same player. A-Rod is not exactly what he use to be but will give you atleast 25 and 80 but he may get hurt. Also you want to talk about winning? Please remember they were just one round away from getting to the World Series.
    I love your sense of humor! "Please remember they were just one round away from getting to the World Series" They were swept! Scored 6 runs in 39 innings....... Hit .157!!!!!!! Thank you for making us laugh! HA! HA!

  11. #11
    NYYF Legend

    longtimeyankeefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    The eternal state of optimism that the Yankees will win it all

    Re: Yankees 2013 Roster

    What is the fascination with Chris Dickerson? I just don't see it.

    Here we have a player who has appeared in 258G over 5 seasons - he has a total of 11 HR and 48 RBI in those 258 games.

    I just don't get it.
    Forgive me for taking the Contrarian view

  12. #12
    NYYF Legend

    Sixty one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Raritan, New Jersey

    Re: Yankees 2013 Roster

    I have a feeling that there will be some shocking, unusual changes for next year. I wouldn't be surprised if the Yanks dump Nova, Swisher, and even Granderson. I also wouldn't be surprised if they somehow go after Hamilton even though he is a big risk and Bourn from Atlanta.

  13. #13

    Re: Yankees 2013 Roster

    Quote Originally Posted by Maas_Pasqua_Pags View Post
    It appears as though you prefer power over winning....... How did the 1,000 homers we hit this year help us?
    Is this a serious question?
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

  14. #14

    Re: Yankees 2013 Roster

    If ARod is till on the team I say bat him 9th

  15. #15
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    The Bronx

    Re: Yankees 2013 Roster

    SS - Jeter
    RF - Suzuki
    1B - Texeira
    2B - Cano
    3B - Rodriguez
    DH - (rotation)
    CF - Granderson
    C - Martin
    LF - Gardner

    Bench - Nunez
    Bench - Ibanez
    Bench - (someone else not Chavez)
    Bench - Nix
    Bench - Stewart

    SP - Sabathia
    SP - Kuroda
    SP - Pettite
    SP - Hughes
    SP - Nova

    RP - Rivera
    RP - Chamberlain
    RP - Eppley
    RP - Rapada
    RP - Logan
    RP - Phelps
    RP - Aardsma


    if Nova starts to stink you can flip Phelps into the rotation and stick Nova in the pen as the longman
    The real reason why the Yankees keep winning is cause the other team can't stop staring at the damn pinstripes

  16. #16
    Addicted Member
    AnAbombfromA-rod13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Long Island

    Re: Yankees 2013 Roster

    Quote Originally Posted by BronxYanks45 View Post
    SS - Jeter
    RF - Suzuki
    1B - Texeira
    2B - Cano
    3B - Rodriguez
    DH - (rotation)
    CF - Granderson
    C - Martin
    LF - Gardner

    Bench - Nunez
    Bench - Ibanez
    Bench - (someone else not Chavez)
    Bench - Nix
    Bench - Stewart

    SP - Sabathia
    SP - Kuroda
    SP - Pettite
    SP - Hughes
    SP - Nova

    RP - Rivera
    RP - Chamberlain
    RP - Eppley
    RP - Rapada
    RP - Logan
    RP - Phelps
    RP - Aardsma


    if Nova starts to stink you can flip Phelps into the rotation and stick Nova in the pen as the longman
    What about D-Rob?
    http://twitter.com/NYMoot
    http://nyystarsandpinstripes.blogspot.com

  17. #17
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    The Bronx

    Re: Yankees 2013 Roster

    Quote Originally Posted by AnAbombfromA-rod13 View Post
    What about D-Rob?

    whoops.... I guess that means Eppley back to AAA since I think he has options left
    The real reason why the Yankees keep winning is cause the other team can't stop staring at the damn pinstripes

  18. #18

    Re: Yankees 2013 Roster

    Is Melky off limits? Might be a very cheap outfield option...

  19. #19

    Re: Yankees 2013 Roster

    Trade granderson....

    LF - MELKY
    SS - Jeter
    2B - Cano
    1B - Texeira
    3B - Rodriguez
    DH - Ibanez
    CF - Gardner
    RF - Suzuki
    C - Martin

  20. #20
    Pinpoint False1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Arizona

    Re: Yankees 2013 Roster

    Melky is about the last thing this team needs. Pre-steroids, he was abysmal. He'd be cheap for a reason.

    BTW - the Yankees are insane if they don't switch Granderson and Gardner next season defensively.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts