+ Reply to Thread
Page 204 of 210 FirstFirst ... 104 154 194 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 ... LastLast
Results 5,076 to 5,100 of 5248

Re: New York Yankees 2012-2013 Offseason Outlook

Quote Originally Posted by -tz View Post
    Seriously. to start a thread you have to have a certain number of posts and you have to have been a member for a certain length of time. I think it's 50 posts and 6 months; at least, it was that at one time or another. Unfortunately the link to the FAQ about such matters seems to be broken. It used to be here:
    There is an FAQ link at the top of the page. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to mention the requirements for starting a thread.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

88.5 wins in Vegas

I think Baltimore overachieved last year, but 77.5?
    Don't tease me, you know what I do for a living.

at 88.5 they are still division favorites. i dont bet, but would certainly take the over up to 92.5

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    There is an FAQ link at the top of the page. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to mention the requirements for starting a thread.
    Yup, that's just the generic vBulletin FAQ provided by the makers of the software.

Quote Originally Posted by -tz View Post
    Seriously. to start a thread you have to have a certain number of posts and you have to have been a member for a certain length of time. I think it's 50 posts and 6 months; at least, it was that at one time or another. Unfortunately the link to the FAQ about such matters seems to be broken. It used to be here:
    I don't remember what the numbers are, but it's not that high. Maybe 50 posts and 2 weeks or something like that. Since that policy went into effect the number of spammers has been reduced to nearly zero.
    Let the kids play.

I don't know if anyone caught it, but Mariano Rivera gave Buster Olney a quote re: retirement earlier today. My apologies if it's already been covered since this morning, I've been out most of the day.

http://www.examiner.com/article/yank...-at-retirement

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    88.5 wins in Vegas

In the AL East, I take the Yanks, Rays and O's over their numbers and the Sox and Jays under. No incredible conviction on any of those picks though...this is a really tough division to figure this year...

Quote Originally Posted by dpfeiffer View Post
    I don't know if anyone caught it, but Mariano Rivera gave Buster Olney a quote re: retirement earlier today. My apologies if it's already been covered since this morning, I've been out most of the day.

http://www.examiner.com/article/yank...-at-retirement
    I love Mo, but I'm really getting tired of the constant stories and coy comments on will he or won't he retire. enough. Just say you're not sure and that you take it one year at a time and let's stop hearing about this.

NYYF Triple Crown

Two beautiful rural acres in Windham, Maine

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeFan1421 View Post
    I love Mo, but I'm really getting tired of the constant stories and coy comments on will he or won't he retire. enough. Just say you're not sure and that you take it one year at a time and let's stop hearing about this.
    I don't think it's Mo who's making a story of this. It's the press. He already said last year what his decsion was. So he's comng back this year to finish what he started last year. Personally, I have no expectation of seeing him again next year. It's only the writers who are making a story of this.
    Yankee fan living in Maine.

NYYF Cy Young

88.5 wins in Vegas

Jays under 87.5? I think you underestimate the strength of their pitching. Ricky Romero is cast as the #5 guy in their rotation. That's too strong not to win 90 +games and probably the division. Assuming, of course, that they aren't ravaged by injury again this year.
    Never let the fear of striking out get in your way. - Babe Ruth

88.5 wins in Vegas

Allan, I didn't make the lines, but I agree Toronto is too low.

Quote Originally Posted by Allan View Post
    Jays under 87.5? I think you underestimate the strength of their pitching. Ricky Romero is cast as the #5 guy in their rotation. That's too strong not to win 90 +games and probably the division. Assuming, of course, that they aren't ravaged by injury again this year.
    I don't think they're a lock to go over actually. I'd probably take the under on your 90+ wins.

NYYF Cy Young

Allan, I didn't make the lines, but I agree Toronto is too low.
    Sorry, my post was meant to be in response to YankeeFan 1421 (post 5083). Not sure what happened.
    Never let the fear of striking out get in your way. - Babe Ruth

Quote Originally Posted by Allan View Post
    Sorry, my post was meant to be in response to YankeeFan 1421 (post 5083). Not sure what happened.
    I think Toronto is not quite as improved as many think. obviously they will almost certainly be more of a force than last year and will mostly likely be in the mix well past labor day...

that said...it's always risky business thinking a team is suddenly 14 games better than the year before. As I said, I don't have really strong convictions on any of my picks...so even if I go 5 for 5, I won't be taking any bows, but a lot of things really have to go right for them to get to the upper 80's in my view, and they still need to contend with the Rays and Yankees for 36 games.

I know the Rays are supposedly taking a half step back, and definitely Shields and Upton are losses, but Longoria missed a lot of time last season and Moore had a very respectable rookie season and strikes me as ready to take the next step really quickly.

We'll see...very interesting and I think hard to predict division this year.

NYYF Legend

I just read on rotoworld that the Cubs may be willing to eat $26M of the 2/$36M owed to Soriano. He was a 4 win player last year and he's a RH OF bat, just what the Yankees need. I'd consider Soriano if he'd only cost $10M over the next two seasons, that's for sure.

He has a career .864 OPS against LHP.

Released Outright

I want no part of Soriano.

Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84 View Post
    I just read on rotoworld that the Cubs may be willing to eat $26M of the 2/$36M owed to Soriano. He was a 4 win player last year and he's a RH OF bat, just what the Yankees need. I'd consider Soriano if he'd only cost $10M over the next two seasons, that's for sure.

He has a career .864 OPS against LHP.
    Payments offset the luxury tax hit per season, so if they stacked most of the money for 2014 then he theoretically could cost 0 against the luxury tax or offer actual salary RELIEF for that year. So if they put 17 towards 2014 and 9 towards 2013. He'd count as 8 for 2013 and 0 for 2014. Pretty good but too expensive still.

Addicted Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jerkface View Post
    Payments offset the luxury tax hit per season, so if they stacked most of the money for 2014 then he theoretically could cost 0 against the luxury tax or offer actual salary RELIEF for that year. So if they put 17 towards 2014 and 9 towards 2013. He'd count as 8 for 2013 and 0 for 2014. Pretty good but too expensive still.
    If I'm lead to believe that management is most concerned with the luxury tax number, that would be a deal they should look into. I'm not familiar enough with the rules to verify whether or not that's possible, nor if I'm sure that's something that's feasible... but I would be very okay with that deal as long as we don't give up anything significant in return.

NYYF Triple Crown

Two beautiful rural acres in Windham, Maine

Soriano would be a potent RH bat in a lineup that could use one. The problem with him is simply that he's been way overpaid. If the Cubs eat that much of his salary, why not?
    Yankee fan living in Maine.

Quote Originally Posted by apalradio View Post
    Soriano would be a potent RH bat in a lineup that could use one. The problem with him is simply that he's been way overpaid. If the Cubs eat that much of his salary, why not?
    Would have to see what the cubs want back
    Thank you for making me calm today, Brett Gardner

NYYF HOF

Cubs would have to pay atleast half of his contract then I'd be willing to send them an OF prospect not named Williams, Heathcott or Austin
    NYYFANS.com Fantasy Baseball: Carolina Force
    2010 & 2011 Gehrig Division Champs.

NYYF Legend

Could they trade A Rod to the Cubs to get Soriano? Seems fair since the Yankees had to trade Soriano to get A Rod in the first place

Released Outright

I would so trade A-Rod for Soriano. Unfortunately the Cubs aren't that dumb.

I wouldn't.
    “Begin each day as if it were on purpose........”—Alex Hitchens

Thread Information