+ Reply to Thread
Page 181 of 210 FirstFirst ... 81 131 171 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 191 ... LastLast
Results 4,501 to 4,525 of 5248
  1. #4501
    NYYF Triple Crown

    TheGameEpisode2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Middle of Nowhere, Center of Everywhere.

    Re: New York Yankees 2012-2013 Offseason Outlook

    7 years, 175 Million I think gets it done.

    Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY
    Mo bends. Mo don't break.

  2. #4502
    NYYF Legend

    montrealer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Saint Anicet,Quebec

    Re: New York Yankees 2012-2013 Offseason Outlook

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGameEpisode2 View Post
    7 years, 175 Million I think gets it done.

    "Happy Wife.........Happy Life" - unknown

  3. #4503
    Better than you teknetic's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    NJ

    Re: New York Yankees 2012-2013 Offseason Outlook

    Quote Originally Posted by TrueYankee01 View Post
    I think the issue most people have with Cano is his lack of hustle he presents at times (sometimes shows laziness?). If you look at a player like Derek Jeter, he does not give up on at bats or make nonchalant plays on the field. Cano also lacks the leadership quality I feel someone of his caliber could have. Also, when he hits free agency, he will probably have 2 or 3 more really good years in him..and the regression would likely come by year 4 of what could potential be a 7-9 year contract. It will be interesting to see what Yanks do with him, that's for sure.
    What a fitting username.

  4. #4504

    Re: New York Yankees 2012-2013 Offseason Outlook

    Quote Originally Posted by teknetic View Post
    What a fitting username.
    Its the bomb

  5. #4505
    NYYF Cy Young


    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    deep to right and out of here

    Re: New York Yankees 2012-2013 Offseason Outlook

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGameEpisode2 View Post
    7 years, 175 Million I think gets it done.
    I don't think we will be seeing any NYY player getting a $25M per season contract ever again, most especially one that spans 7 years.
    Never let the fear of striking out get in your way. - Babe Ruth

  6. #4506

    Re: New York Yankees 2012-2013 Offseason Outlook

    Quote Originally Posted by Allan View Post
    I don't think we will be seeing any NYY player getting a $25M per season contract ever again, most especially one that spans 7 years.
    Maybe not 7 years, but for sure we'll see that annual level. Salaries just keep going up, and payroll limits or not, the Yankees will be right there with everyone else.

  7. #4507
    The Sausage King of Chicago Abe Frohman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006

    Re: New York Yankees 2012-2013 Offseason Outlook

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mxylsplk View Post
    Maybe not 7 years, but for sure we'll see that annual level. Salaries just keep going up, and payroll limits or not, the Yankees will be right there with everyone else.
    aav isn't as detrimental as length is, the way I see it. The FO needs to put its foot down and stand by it.

    Paying these guys big money in their age 36 - 40 + seasons is not good business.
    ? Can switching to Geico really save you 15 % or more on car insurance ? ? Does the postman always ring twice ?

  8. #4508
    Sunny days ahead YankeePride1967's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    CT

    Re: New York Yankees 2012-2013 Offseason Outlook

    I really hate going over 5 years and the rare time it better be a player under 30.

  9. #4509

    Re: New York Yankees 2012-2013 Offseason Outlook

    Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    I really hate going over 5 years and the rare time it better be a player under 30.
    So...

    Justin Verlander 6 years $25M at the age of 30, yay or nay?

    P.s. hypothetical question

  10. #4510
    NYYF HOF

    The FUTURE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    North Carolina

    Re: New York Yankees 2012-2013 Offseason Outlook

    Mets looking to add Roy Oswalt.....Anyone hoping the Yankees jump in on Oswalt first ???




    ...I know, I know, another aging veteran. But for a one year deal, slot him in as the 5th starter and bump Nova to long-relief.....yes please
    NYYFANS.com Fantasy Baseball: Carolina Force
    2010 & 2011 Gehrig Division Champs.

  11. #4511
    NYYF HOF

    The FUTURE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    North Carolina

    Re: New York Yankees 2012-2013 Offseason Outlook

    Quote Originally Posted by TrueYankee01 View Post
    So...

    Justin Verlander 6 years $25M at the age of 30, yay or nay?

    P.s. hypothetical question

    did you forget a zero on that number ????? or is that 6 years @ 25 mil each year ?
    NYYFANS.com Fantasy Baseball: Carolina Force
    2010 & 2011 Gehrig Division Champs.

  12. #4512
    NYYF HOF

    The FUTURE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    North Carolina

    Re: New York Yankees 2012-2013 Offseason Outlook

    Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    I really hate going over 5 years and the rare time it better be a player under 30.

    this statement will prob. get bashed and I know I am (financially speaking) in the wrong. But I would give Robinson Cano a 10 year deal (blank check, whatever he wants) if that is what it took to re-sign him. I'd love for us to limit the years and $$$ as best as possible but if 10 years is what it takes, that's (as a fan) what I want to see happen.

    Guy is a homegrown talent, a cornerstone to build a team around, and should be a Yankee for his entire career.
    NYYFANS.com Fantasy Baseball: Carolina Force
    2010 & 2011 Gehrig Division Champs.

  13. #4513
    Sunny days ahead YankeePride1967's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    CT

    Re: New York Yankees 2012-2013 Offseason Outlook

    Quote Originally Posted by TrueYankee01 View Post
    So...

    Justin Verlander 6 years $25M at the age of 30, yay or nay?

    P.s. hypothetical question
    Tough one as he is a pitcher and has been used a lot. I would probably do it. But he is one of the few.

  14. #4514

    Re: New York Yankees 2012-2013 Offseason Outlook

    Quote Originally Posted by The FUTURE View Post
    Mets looking to add Roy Oswalt.....Anyone hoping the Yankees jump in on Oswalt first ???




    ...I know, I know, another aging veteran. But for a one year deal, slot him in as the 5th starter and bump Nova to long-relief.....yes please
    Bump Nova to long relief? I think Nova has great stuff to be a back end, and middle end starter. He went through his sophomore slump last season and I'll like to see how/if he rebounds this season. We have to let our young players grow/mature. Signing aging vets takes that away from us.

  15. #4515

    Re: New York Yankees 2012-2013 Offseason Outlook

    Quote Originally Posted by The FUTURE View Post
    did you forget a zero on that number ????? or is that 6 years @ 25 mil each year ?
    Yea 6 years $25M per. Sorry, I thought it was implied.

    Quote Originally Posted by The FUTURE View Post
    this statement will prob. get bashed and I know I am (financially speaking) in the wrong. But I would give Robinson Cano a 10 year deal (blank check, whatever he wants) if that is what it took to re-sign him. I'd love for us to limit the years and $$$ as best as possible but if 10 years is what it takes, that's (as a fan) what I want to see happen.

    Guy is a homegrown talent, a cornerstone to build a team around, and should be a Yankee for his entire career.
    If his work ethic was better, I may agree (besides the blank check part). There is just so much financial risk for 10 year deals. See Arod.

    Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    Tough one as he is a pitcher and has been used a lot. I would probably do it. But he is one of the few.
    Yes one of the few, if not only one. Oh and Mike Trout.

  16. #4516
    NYYF Legend

    longtimeyankeefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    The eternal state of optimism that the Yankees will win it all

    Re: New York Yankees 2012-2013 Offseason Outlook

    Quote Originally Posted by The FUTURE View Post
    this statement will prob. get bashed and I know I am (financially speaking) in the wrong. But I would give Robinson Cano a 10 year deal (blank check, whatever he wants) if that is what it took to re-sign him. I'd love for us to limit the years and $$$ as best as possible but if 10 years is what it takes, that's (as a fan) what I want to see happen.

    Guy is a homegrown talent, a cornerstone to build a team around, and should be a Yankee for his entire career.
    10 years, $350 million - are you willing?

    To me, it is not the dollars or the AAV, it is the length of the contract.

    If he wants to sign a seven year contract with a AAV around $20M, I am fine. If he wants 7 years with an AAV of $25M, I am not.

    Here is what I offer him - a four year, $110M contract ($27.5M per) with three player options at $10M.

    If I remember the AAV rules correctly, those player options are figured into the AAV, so the contract gets valued at 7 years/$140M or an AAV of $20M

    Cano gets the option of going back out on the free agent market at the age of 35 (or 36 or 37) if he believes his value is higher than the player option provides.

    The only danger the Yankees face in this deal is that Cano opts out of the player option after the fourth year - they would have to basically eat the $30M of unamortized AAV ($110M paid minus $80M amoritzed) in one season, but that seems manageable. Each year thereafter, the unamortized amount goes down, but the Yankees would still face that risk.
    Forgive me for taking the Contrarian view

  17. #4517
    The Sausage King of Chicago Abe Frohman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006

    Re: New York Yankees 2012-2013 Offseason Outlook

    Quote Originally Posted by longtimeyankeefan View Post
    If he wants to sign a seven year contract with a AAV around $20M, I am fine. If he wants 7 years with an AAV of $25M, I am not.

    Here is what I offer him - a four year, $110M contract ($27.5M per) with three player options at $10M.

    If I remember the AAV rules correctly, those player options are figured into the AAV, so the contract gets valued at 7 years/$140M or an AAV of $20M

    Cano gets the option of going back out on the free agent market at the age of 35 (or 36 or 37) if he believes his value is higher than the player option provides.

    The only danger the Yankees face in this deal is that Cano opts out of the player option after the fourth year - they would have to basically eat the $30M of unamortized AAV ($110M paid minus $80M amoritzed) in one season, but that seems manageable. Each year thereafter, the unamortized amount goes down, but the Yankees would still face that risk.
    No way he goes for anything like that.

    The only way we get him to sign for less years is by offering more AAV.

    25 mil per is the starting point i would say. Isnt Tex making 25 per ? Robinson Cano is a better player than Mark Teixiera, and more valuable.

    The stink of it is that he hired Boras just for this, to get the most he can. This will get ugly fast. Its not a stretch to say they may even let him walk if the demands get astronomical.
    ? Can switching to Geico really save you 15 % or more on car insurance ? ? Does the postman always ring twice ?

  18. #4518
    Big Poppa dabomb2045's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY

    Re: New York Yankees 2012-2013 Offseason Outlook

    Whats everyone's limit with Cano in terms of years and dollars? This might be the most intriguing Yankee FA decision in a long time. I think they will end up giving him 7-8 years at 22M per. They really just cant afford to watch him walk with no viable replacement.

  19. #4519

    Re: New York Yankees 2012-2013 Offseason Outlook

    My guess for Cano is something like 200/8, even if they have to backload it to get to the magic number.

  20. #4520
    NYYF Legend

    longtimeyankeefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    The eternal state of optimism that the Yankees will win it all

    Re: New York Yankees 2012-2013 Offseason Outlook

    Quote Originally Posted by Abe Frohman View Post
    No way he goes for anything like that.

    The only way we get him to sign for less years is by offering more AAV.

    25 mil per is the starting point i would say. Isnt Tex making 25 per ? Robinson Cano is a better player than Mark Teixiera, and more valuable.

    The stink of it is that he hired Boras just for this, to get the most he can. This will get ugly fast. Its not a stretch to say they may even let him walk if the demands get astronomical.
    But I am offering him a higher AAV - $27.5M per for four years. He can always decline the players option in year five and become a free agent again.

    My issue is the idea of $27.5 for seven or eight years. Someone suggested $200M/8 years - NO THANK YOU. Good bye and good luck to the team that signs him to that contract, because they almost certainly will be hearing Tex & ARod comments in years 6, 7 & 8 (IMO).
    Forgive me for taking the Contrarian view

  21. #4521
    Pinpoint False1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Arizona

    Re: New York Yankees 2012-2013 Offseason Outlook

    Quote Originally Posted by The FUTURE View Post
    this statement will prob. get bashed and I know I am (financially speaking) in the wrong. But I would give Robinson Cano a 10 year deal (blank check, whatever he wants) if that is what it took to re-sign him. I'd love for us to limit the years and $$$ as best as possible but if 10 years is what it takes, that's (as a fan) what I want to see happen.

    Guy is a homegrown talent, a cornerstone to build a team around, and should be a Yankee for his entire career.
    10 years? I'd be out on that.

    Quote Originally Posted by longtimeyankeefan View Post
    If he wants to sign a seven year contract with a AAV around $20M, I am fine. If he wants 7 years with an AAV of $25M, I am not.
    If he'd go for 7/$25MM AAV the Yankees would - and should - sign him to that deal right now. That seems like the sweet spot for what he should get. I would prefer they not go higher than that, but I'm thinking someone will give an 8th year or even more sadly.

  22. #4522

    Re: New York Yankees 2012-2013 Offseason Outlook

    Quote Originally Posted by longtimeyankeefan View Post
    Good bye and good luck to the team that signs him to that contract
    Dodgers
    I can't complain but sometimes I still do. - Joe Walsh

  23. #4523
    Sunny days ahead YankeePride1967's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    CT

    Re: New York Yankees 2012-2013 Offseason Outlook

    Quote Originally Posted by False1 View Post
    10 years? I'd be out on that.

    If he'd go for 7/$25MM AAV the Yankees would - and should - sign him to that deal right now. That seems like the sweet spot for what he should get. I would prefer they not go higher than that, but I'm thinking someone will give an 8th year or even more sadly.
    I would go higher on the yearly dollar amount before I went longer in years with Cano. After A-Rod and what the Angels will see with Pujols in the last half of his contract, no 10 year deals.

  24. #4524

    Re: New York Yankees 2012-2013 Offseason Outlook

    Quote Originally Posted by dabomb2045 View Post
    Whats everyone's limit with Cano in terms of years and dollars? This might be the most intriguing Yankee FA decision in a long time. I think they will end up giving him 7-8 years at 22M per. They really just cant afford to watch him walk with no viable replacement.
    7/25per or 8/22 per
    EvilEmpireDC: Fans bitch about anything lol

  25. #4525

    Re: New York Yankees 2012-2013 Offseason Outlook

    Quote Originally Posted by TrueYankee01 View Post
    Bump Nova to long relief? I think Nova has great stuff to be a back end, and middle end starter. He went through his sophomore slump last season and I'll like to see how/if he rebounds this season. We have to let our young players grow/mature. Signing aging vets takes that away from us.
    Agreed. If it's not Nova in the 5th spot, it should be David Phelps. I'm also hopeful Nova will bounce back, but even if he doesn't, I was impressed by Phelps (no, he's not a superstar, but he came out of nowhere and did well in a variety of capacities).

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts