+ Reply to Thread
Page 110 of 210 FirstFirst ... 10 60 100 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 120 160 ... LastLast
Results 2,726 to 2,750 of 5248

Re: New York Yankees 2012-2013 Offseason Outlook

Angels: Favorites to win the AL pennant?
    "Baseball is about hope, not confidence." -- rajah

NYYF Legend

seems like they just gave him greinke's money
    help feed the hungry:

www.thehungersite.com

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by sweet_lou_14 View Post
    Angels: Favorites to win the AL pennant?
    This post was made last year at this time as well. Then they got Greinke and Trout became the best player in baseball. Then they missed the playoffs.

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by flymick24 View Post
    don deal, hamilton to angels for 5 years, total $$ unknown
    The Angels had to make this move to keep pace witht he dodgers for the la fan base.....
    Now the other free agents should fall fast, thinking swish will go next...
    [SIZE=3]"Scooter - RIP and thank you for being part of my childhood"[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    No power in lineup besides Cano and Tex. I don't see that happening unless the Yankees are looking to miss the playoffs two years in a row.
    And Ibanez, assuming they sign him. Or some other power hitting DH option. But that doesn't really change your point, which I understand. I'm talking more about as a fan what I'd prefer. I really enjoy Granderson's game (I know many don't), and think he could be a major contributer next year. Even if he doesn't materially improve offensively from last season, as long as he and Gardner switch spots.

But if top talent like Bauer is the going rate for 1 year of Granderson, I'd prefer that they do it, even though I'm not certain they would.

Devoted Member

5/125 according to ESPN Dallas...wow...

Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84 View Post
    This post was made last year at this time as well. Then they got Greinke and Trout became the best player in baseball. Then they missed the playoffs.
    They had that unfortunate start to the season. Were the best or one of the best teams once Trout got up there. Divisions are a fickle mistress, so disaster may befall them again. I hope it does anyways.

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by Jerkface View Post
    They had that unfortunate start to the season. Were the best or one of the best teams once Trout got up there. Divisions are a fickle mistress, so disaster may befall them again. I hope it does anyways.
    Or you may see a Dodger/Angel WS

5/125.....damn

Angels offense should be sick for the next few years

Rangers have had an awful off-season so far. Do they make a desperation move now, or stay the course?

I wouldn't be surprised if they sign Bourne, he's the last big name FA out there

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by Black Sabbathia View Post
    5/125.....damn

Angels offense should be sick for the next few years

Rangers have had an awful off-season so far. Do they make a desperation move now, or stay the course?

I wouldn't be surprised if they sign Bourne, he's the last big name FA out there
    Or pay more for upton...hard to believe that even with this signing their payroll is much lower than ours...

The deal will push the Angels' payroll to the $165MM range, as Alden Gonzalez of MLB.com points out (on Twitter). It would represent a franchise record, but would not push the team past baseball's luxury tax.

Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/#QxBeUY40mvztQmLK.99

NYYF Cy Young

Sox sign Dempster.....in a few weeks there should be some bodies left for cash to pick through...

The Red Sox have agreed to sign right-hander Ryan Dempster, Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports reports (Twitter links). The sides have agreed to a two-year, $26.5MM contract, pending a physical.

Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/#BQkqhC8ScgRBFJFy.99

Very true. Hopefully it's clear that I'm no Chicken Little. But on paper they've got a strong team there.
    "Baseball is about hope, not confidence." -- rajah

Quote Originally Posted by BeantownYankee View Post
    Sox sign Dempster.....in a few weeks there should be some bodies left for cash to pick through...

The Red Sox have agreed to sign right-hander Ryan Dempster, Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports reports (Twitter links). The sides have agreed to a two-year, $26.5MM contract, pending a physical.

Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/#BQkqhC8ScgRBFJFy.99
    I'm enjoying watching the Red Sox waste their money on mediocre players this off-season

Quote Originally Posted by False1 View Post
    Not to get anyone all amped up, but this reminds me of the build up of when Tex was on the Sox' doorstep.
    Hah, my "I hate the Angels" comment was made independent of any Hamilton signing. I just hate the Angels. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Sabbathia View Post
    I'm enjoying watching the Red Sox waste their money on mediocre players this off-season
    Since 2008, Dempster has had an ERA+ of 154, 122, 110, 81, 124. Who knows what was going on in 2011, but that's far from mediocre and comparable to Haren, who got $13 million for 2013.

Seems about right to me.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by jcarey View Post
    Since 2008, Dempster has had an ERA+ of 154, 122, 110, 81, 124. Who knows what was going on in 2011, but that's far from mediocre and comparable to Haren, who got $13 million for 2013.

Seems about right to me.
    Joel Sherman ‏@Joelsherman1 Dempster goes to #Redsox, his career v. #Yankees: 5GS 0-4, 7.62 ERA.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerkface View Post

Edit: and the Angels are assuredly trading for a starter after this signing.
    Any interest in Morales for DH? Cheap option, considerable upside in his second season back from the leg injury, is actually a pretty good 1B for when Tex is out or needs a rest, and I'm GUESSING he could play RF in a pinch.

NYYF Legend

Andrew Bolf ‏@AndrewBolf Josh Hamilton 2012 WAR: 3.4. Torii Hunter 2012 WAR: 5.5.

Joel Sherman ‏@Joelsherman1 Dempster goes to #Redsox, his career v. #Yankees: 5GS 0-4, 7.62 ERA.
    Psh, Justin Verlander has a 4.55 career ERA against the Indians. The INDIANS.

Addicted Member

Seems about right to me.
    Over performed last year because of low BABIP and that 154 ERA+ was 5 years ago. He's average to slightly above average, moving from a bad division to the best one, and 35. The deal isn't terrible but has a lot of risk. It's way more likely that he's a huge bust than him reaching a 130 ERA+ in either season.

Andrew Bolf ‏@AndrewBolf Josh Hamilton 2012 WAR: 3.4. Torii Hunter 2012 WAR: 5.5.
    Stop it with this nonsense! Torii posted the highest WAR of his career last year. He walked less, struck out more, and hit for less power than in previous season. But his BABIP was .389 for the season.

I guess moving out of CF helped with his defense, b/c that's where most of his value came from last year. I don't see him sustaining that either.

NYYF Legend

Stop it with this nonsense! Torii posted the highest WAR of his career last year. He walked less, struck out more, and hit for less power than in previous season. But his BABIP was .389 for the season.

I guess moving out of CF helped with his defense, b/c that's where most of his value came from last year. I don't see him sustaining that either.
    I report, you decide.

Yeah, there is no way that Hunter was more valuable than Hamilton last season. WAR has it's flaws

Quote Originally Posted by flymick24 View Post
    unless teixeira and granderson bounce back in a major way, 2013 is looking like a transition year
    Which is fine, but: transition to what?
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    Which is fine, but: transition to what?
    To an even worse 2014.

Thread Information