+ Reply to Thread
Page 106 of 210 FirstFirst ... 6 56 96 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 116 156 206 ... LastLast
Results 2,626 to 2,650 of 5248

Re: New York Yankees 2012-2013 Offseason Outlook

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vanderlay View Post
    The sad reality is the Yankees don't have players in their system that anyone wants. Nobody is going to trade their young/productive cost controlled major league players for outfielders in A ball.
    Except that the rumor you're responding to entails an outfielder a year removed from A ball and a really terrible cost controlled major league player.

Quote Originally Posted by False1 View Post
    Except that the rumor you're responding to entails an outfielder a year removed from A ball and a really terrible cost controlled major league player.
    What I said still applys, our prospects are not attractive to other teams.

Quote Originally Posted by False1 View Post
    Gregorius is a SS and has good value, but your point still stands. Its not a package the Yankees couldn't match if they really wanted Choo.
    “Everything looks nicer when you win. The girls are prettier, the cigars taste better. The trees are greener.”—Billy Martin

Quote Originally Posted by Gusto View Post
    Gregorius is a SS and has good value, but your point still stands. Its not a package the Yankees couldn't match if they really wanted Choo.
    I don't get why Gregorius would have good value, even as a SS. He can't hit or steal bases, so he projects as a utility infielder.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDynasty26
    i was kinda dissapointed when the story didnt end with mule sex....but whatev
    Quote Originally Posted by Chacon View Post
    Do I get to finger blast Kate Upton in your fantasy land?

I've always liked Ichiro, but with Gardner coming back, I'm struggling to understand why re-signing him is a priority. I don't know what they're offering him...and perhaps it's due mainly to the one year contract, but wouldn't Cody Ross fit much better for the Yanks?

They have an obvious issue against lefthanders and if the outfield is Ichiro, Granderson and Gardner, the entire outfield is lefthanded. Ross' OPS against left handers was over 1.000 last year...

I saw Ichiro as a good proxy for Gardner last year when they needed one...now I'm not so sure why he's needed back.

Quote Originally Posted by Philip Hughes Fan View Post
    I don't get why Gregorius would have good value, even as a SS. He can't hit or steal bases, so he projects as a utility infielder.
    "Good" as opposed to the implication that he had next to no value, and relative to Stubbs' total lack of value. He plays a premium position and is often ranked among the Reds Top 10 prospects.
    “Everything looks nicer when you win. The girls are prettier, the cigars taste better. The trees are greener.”—Billy Martin

NYYF Legend

i'm sorry, but this lineup

SS jeter
    RF ichiro
    2B cano
    1B teixeira
    3B youkilis
    LF granderson
    DH late january/febuary junk pile signing
    CF gardener
    C romine/cervelli

is terrible... with all the pitching we have but an average lineup at best, we'll be like the pre-2012 A's

85-90 wins max, and that's not gonna be enough, imo
    help feed the hungry:

www.thehungersite.com

Quote Originally Posted by flymick24 View Post

SS jeter
    RF ichiro
    2B cano
    1B teixeira
    3B youkilis
    LF granderson
    CF gardener
    C romine/cervelli

is terrible... with all the pitching we have but an average lineup at best, we'll be like the pre-2012 A's

This offense is really reliant on a sharp bounce back from Tex, Granderson and Youkilis.

Too few HRs?
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

Re Youlkilis, I'm just excited that we're starting to sign youngsters on the right side of 40.

The Yankees can and will win a lot of games with their pitching staff but considering how many are FA's after this season (Kuroda, Pettitte, Rivera, Hughes, Joba), every effort should be made to winning this year since it will be the last hurrah with this group. The offense definitely needs to improve. The drop off in power in power is noticeable.

Also, would it be to much to ask for our 23M 1B to carry the power load for this team? He really manages to skate under the radar in this town somehow.
    “He's a clown. Guy says he's from the 209, what the ................ is that?

-CC Sabathia on Dallas Braden

NYYF Legend

The Yankees can and will win a lot of games with their pitching staff but considering how many are FA's after this season (Kuroda, Pettitte, Rivera, Hughes, Joba), every effort should be made to winning this year since it will be the last hurrah with this group. The offense definitely needs to improve. The drop off in power in power is noticeable.

Also, would it be to much to ask for our 23M 1B to carry the power load for this team? He really manages to skate under the radar in this town somehow.
    it's because he doesn't have portraits of himself as a centaur hanging in his hosue
    help feed the hungry:

www.thehungersite.com

NYYF Legend

btw, the reds are about to land shin soo choo by giving up drew stubbs and didi gregarius... basically the equivalent of brett gradener and eduardo nunez
    help feed the hungry:

www.thehungersite.com

btw, the reds are about to land shin soo choo by giving up drew stubbs and didi gregarius... basically the equivalent of brett gradener and eduardo nunez
    I think Gardner is way better than Stubbs :< if Nunez could play defense we'd be able to trade him

Not any more. There will be a ton of pressure on Tex in 2013, especially without A-Rod to kick around.
    "Baseball is about hope, not confidence." -- rajah

Addicted Member

is Bernie Williams available?

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Norge View Post
    is Bernie Williams available?
    For what?

NYYF Triple Crown

Yeah, I don't know how the Yankees don't match that. Especially seeing how Choo is a FA, so you don't have to commit past this year.

Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY
    Mo bends. Mo don't break.

NYYF Legend

The Indians were able to get Bauer+ by trading Choo. I would have traded Grandy for Bauer+ in a NY minute.

That's why I believe trading Cano is the only way to go. The Yanks aren't going to contend in 2015 when the financial advantage to keep the PR below $189 is so great. Nor are they going to contend in years beyond that which contain bloated contracts for aging players such as ARod, Tex, and even CC.
    "It is almost impossible to remember how tragic a place the world is when one is playing golf." -Robert Wilson Lynd

SS jeter
    RF ichiro
    2B cano
    1B teixeira
    3B youkilis
    LF granderson
    CF gardener
    C romine/cervelli

That lineup is the worst this franchise has had since stump merril was trotting out steve sax, roberto kelly and mel hall.

At least rick rhoden wont be pitching.....

Addicted Member

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeFan1421 View Post
    That lineup is the worst this franchise has had since stump merril was trotting out steve sax, roberto kelly and mel hall.
    And those were the better Yankees too! Kelley showed potential, though. He reminded me of Cano is a strange way.
    Join my classic video gaming forums, Zap!
    www.zaponline.org/forums

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeFan1421 View Post

At least rick rhoden wont be pitching.....
    You named 3 of my favorite Yankees in the early 90s. Add Barfield to the list
    You can't get a sun-tan on the moon.

NYYFans Fantasy Baseball:
    CBS: Evil Empire
    Yahoo: Special OPS

Released Outright

Oh come off it most of the league would kill to have that lineup.

Released Outright

Anyone down for some Nick Johnson?

Thread Information