+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 210 FirstFirst ... 36 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 56 96 146 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 5248

Re: New York Yankees 2012-2013 Offseason Outlook

Quote Originally Posted by teknetic View Post
    There was a proposal on ESPN a few days ago about the Rays trading Jennings/Davis/Archer + for Stanton and Morrison. The Rays would be able to pull that off pretty easily (could always add better players to the deal) if they wanted to.
    I still think they Rays would have to add more, maybe swamp Davis for Moore and take back Nolasco's contract too.

Quote Originally Posted by teknetic View Post
    There was a proposal on ESPN a few days ago about the Rays trading Jennings/Davis/Archer + for Stanton and Morrison. The Rays would be able to pull that off pretty easily (could always add better players to the deal) if they wanted to.
    Despite their horrible economics and long term viability questions, right now i would pick the rays to win the east next year. Rotation is coming into its prime all at once, and i dont see a truly great team among the other four in the division. Upton is a loss, but hes not exactly roberto clemente. Any team that can probably figure james shields as its three or four is pretty damn good.

Quote Originally Posted by bcom33 View Post
    The proposed Rays deal has 3 major league ready players involved though. Slade is further away, and we can't afford to give up any major league ready pitchers.
    I'm not sure that major league ready players is exactly what the Marlins would want. They'd probably benefit by having higher upside players a few years away from starting their arb clocks. A handful of young ML ready players right now isn't really going to mean much on that roster. In a few years, that might be a different story.

NYYF Legend

we'll probably begin to see a lot more activity after the non-tender deadline... there are some interesting names being floated around out there as non-tender candidates whom i'd want the yankees to take a chance on

some notable candidates:

brian wilson
    nate schierholtz
    geovany soto
    mike pelfrey

wilson would be of particular interest, as you could potentially sign him to an incentive-laden deal and get rid of the likes of eppley.... then sign joakim soria to take soriano's spot in the pen
    help feed the hungry:

www.thehungersite.com

Looks like Pettitte and Ichiro are returning.
    Also looks like Rivera is close.

Reports are they'll be all done by the time winter meeting start next week, which is good, will give us a good foundation and some certainty of roster and cost going into the meetings..
    I used to think I was crazy... Now I am sure of it..

NYYF Legend

wow, didn't expect ichiro to return... our OF is going to be somewhat offensively challenged next year if true
    help feed the hungry:

www.thehungersite.com

Quote Originally Posted by flymick24 View Post
    wow, didn't expect ichiro to return... our OF is going to be somewhat offensively challenged next year if true
    Ichiro 5m+incentives. I think Ichiro will add plenty to the offense next year.
    EvilEmpireDC: Fans bitch about anything lol

Quote Originally Posted by snapple View Post
    Ichiro 5m+incentives. I think Ichiro will add plenty to the offense next year.
    http://www.examiner.com/article/yank...re-sign-ichiro

http://www.examiner.com/article/olne...urn-to-yankees

Ichiro and Pettitte articles -- Pettitte deal 1 yr/10-11 mil

Apparently the Ichiro thing is from a Japanese thing and there is "no truth" to it. per Erik Boland

Apparently the Ichiro thing is from a Japanese thing and there is "no truth" to it. per Erik Boland
    Sweeney Murti says they are very interested and working on it, but not done yet.
    I used to think I was crazy... Now I am sure of it..

There probably is truth to it, its just that RAB used google translate and no one who can understand japanese actually read it and reported it. It says Ichiro may decide to accept a 1/5 offer within the week, not that he has accepted.

Martin wants four year deal so I doubt the Yankees sign him.
    Please fire Cashman, so some Yankee fans can have hope again.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    Martin wants four year deal so I doubt the Yankees sign him.
    He WANTS four. Doesn't mean he'll get it. I think they could do 3/27

He WANTS four. Doesn't mean he'll get it. I think they could do 3/27
    Didn't the Yankees offer 3/20 last spring? Not sure his stock jumped much since then.
    “Everything looks nicer when you win. The girls are prettier, the cigars taste better. The trees are greener.”—Billy Martin

Quote Originally Posted by Gusto View Post
    Didn't the Yankees offer 3/20 last spring? Not sure his stock jumped much since then.
    Well, as you know, he wasn't a FA on the open market last spring, and who knows what can happen when multiple teams are bidding for your services. And the fact that he woke up from his offensive coma in September isn't going to hurt him any, either.

Richmond Virginians

Quote Originally Posted by freebubba View Post
    Well, as you know, he wasn't a FA on the open market last spring, and who knows what can happen when multiple teams are bidding for your services. And the fact that he woke up from his offensive coma in September isn't going to hurt him any, either.
    If the Yankees increase Martin's offer based on September, they are even more inept at handling contracts then I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Jax Teller View Post
    If the Yankees increase Martin's offer based on September, they are even more inept at handling contracts then I thought.
    I wouldn't pay him 9M for the next 3-4 years.
    Please fire Cashman, so some Yankee fans can have hope again.

Quote Originally Posted by freebubba View Post
    We'll see which teams fight over his 5 years of decline, 5 months of sub-Cervelli numbers and one hot month. He might be lucky to get another 3/20 offer.
    “Everything looks nicer when you win. The girls are prettier, the cigars taste better. The trees are greener.”—Billy Martin

...even though he's like the best defensive catcher in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Gusto View Post
    We'll see which teams fight over his 5 years of decline, 5 months of sub-Cervelli numbers and one hot month. He might be lucky to get another 3/20 offer.
    I definitely wasn't suggesting the Yankees should increase their offer, but is the thought of a team throwing 3/$25-$27 at one of the elite defensive C's in the game who will probably .220 - .230 and add ~20 HR's, who is only 29, really that hard to imagine happening. Again, agents get paid for a reason and he has 3-4 teams who are alledgedly interested. I think he gets gets more than the 3/$20 offered last spring, but I am pretty sure the Yanks are not signing him to a 2/$15 deal (or something similar).

...even though he's like the best defensive catcher in the game.
    Best defensive catcher, non-Molina category.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

MLB trade rumors says we are interested in Victorino.
    Rich

we'll see if it's durability or just babip issues. because he's had low babip several years in his career.

http://www.fangraphs.com/graphs.aspx...ge=7&type=full

a cursory look would suggest that maybe there is soemthing to the idea of him running out of steam in june-july.
    always reasonable

Martin was a liability offesnsivley for 4 months. It's a tough situation because his defense is so great. I think the Yanks should resign him but at the right price. 4 years too much to give any non-elite catcher.

Thread Information