+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 210 FirstFirst ... 13 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 33 73 123 ... LastLast
Results 551 to 575 of 5248
  1. #551

    Re: New York Yankees 2012-2013 Offseason Outlook

    damn i lose a chance to laugh at the angels
    always reasonable

  2. #552

    Re: New York Yankees 2012-2013 Offseason Outlook

    ok maybe laugh at the cubs
    always reasonable

  3. #553

    Re: New York Yankees 2012-2013 Offseason Outlook

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGameEpisode2 View Post
    Don't see why Marmol would decline, it would be his chance to close for a contender.

    (Not that I think he should close, but he has that CLOSER EXPERIENCE!!!!!)
    Perhaps the Cubs pulled out due to issues with Haren.
    Is this the end of the Brian Cashman era?

  4. #554
    NYYF Legend

    kan_t's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Hong Kong

    Re: New York Yankees 2012-2013 Offseason Outlook

    Something must be wrong to Haren.

  5. #555
    NYYF Legend

    flymick24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    What's it to you?

    Re: New York Yankees 2012-2013 Offseason Outlook

    It was definitely a salary issue... Marmol was set to make 9 mil, and the angels weren't about to unload haren just to save a couple mil

    Haren is a great buy low candidate and I really hope Cash is all over him, especially with the uncertainty surrounding Pineda, Nova, and even Hughes to a ertain extent
    help feed the hungry:

    www.thehungersite.com

  6. #556
    NYYF Legend

    kan_t's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Hong Kong

    Re: New York Yankees 2012-2013 Offseason Outlook

    Quote Originally Posted by flymick24 View Post
    It was definitely a salary issue... Marmol was set to make 9 mil, and the angels weren't about to unload haren just to save a couple mil

    Haren is a great buy low candidate and I really hope Cash is all over him, especially with the uncertainty surrounding Pineda, Nova, and even Hughes to a ertain extent
    Actually it's the Cubs which pulled off the deal. It says something when the Angels can't trade Haren for Marmol and his $9M contact.

  7. #557
    NYYF Legend

    longtimeyankeefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    The eternal state of optimism that the Yankees will win it all

    Re: New York Yankees 2012-2013 Offseason Outlook

    Quote Originally Posted by kan_t View Post
    Actually it's the Cubs which pulled off the deal. It says something when the Angels can't trade Haren for Marmol and his $9M contact.
    The Cubs would have had to either pay the $3.5M buyout or invest an additional $11.5M in keeping Haren for the 2013 season.

    With the back problems that Haren had last season, is he going to get that kind of money in free agency? The Cubs could still sign Haren for less money.

    I think the Cubs were smart in this matter.
    Forgive me for taking the Contrarian view

  8. #558
    dont mess with the jesus dont_ya_know24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    NJ

    Re: New York Yankees 2012-2013 Offseason Outlook

    so haren's a free agent. what kind of contract do we think he'll get?
    I really thought I played great defense when the ball wasn't hit at me, Alex Rodriguez said.

  9. #559
    NYYF Legend

    flymick24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    What's it to you?

    Re: New York Yankees 2012-2013 Offseason Outlook

    from a recent interview he did for espnLA, it sounds as if he'd be willing to sign a 1 year deal to re-establish value

    i'd take the $14mil we just saved on soriano and throw it at him and see if he bites
    help feed the hungry:

    www.thehungersite.com

  10. #560
    NYYF Legend

    kan_t's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Quote Originally Posted by longtimeyankeefan View Post
    The Cubs would have had to either pay the $3.5M buyout or invest an additional $11.5M in keeping Haren for the 2013 season.

    With the back problems that Haren had last season, is he going to get that kind of money in free agency? The Cubs could still sign Haren for less money.

    I think the Cubs were smart in this matter.
    At the same time the Cubs can unload Marmol $9.8M. So they just basically invest $5M on Haren, and they pulled off.

    The deal showed that the Angels were willing to eat as much as $10M and they still couldn't find any taker.

  11. #561

    Re: New York Yankees 2012-2013 Offseason Outlook

    Quote Originally Posted by flymick24 View Post
    from a recent interview he did for espnLA, it sounds as if he'd be willing to sign a 1 year deal to re-establish value

    i'd take the $14mil we just saved on soriano and throw it at him and see if he bites
    I'm sorry, but to spend 14M on Haren with his questionable health is stupid in my opinion. There's a reason why he wasn't traded yesterday and it wasn't financial.
    Is this the end of the Brian Cashman era?

  12. #562

    Re: New York Yankees 2012-2013 Offseason Outlook

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    I'm sorry, but to spend 14M on Haren with his questionable health is stupid in my opinion. There's a reason why he wasn't traded yesterday and it wasn't financial.
    I agree although to put things into perspective, Haren with a bad back may still be a better option than half our starters RIGHT NOW (pre FA signings).

  13. #563
    Tends to be difficult JL25and3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006

    Re: New York Yankees 2012-2013 Offseason Outlook

    Quote Originally Posted by flymick24 View Post
    i'd take the $14mil we just saved on soriano and throw it at him and see if he bites
    why would you want to spend $14M on a pitcher who bites?
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

  14. #564
    The gerbil lives Zimmers' Helmet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    On the bench

    Re: New York Yankees 2012-2013 Offseason Outlook

    Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    why would you want to spend $14M on a pitcher who bites?
    Haren bites? The guy struggled through a back strain during the first half of 2012, but finished strong. His splits clearly show this.

    He's consistently been one of the best starting pitchers in the game for 7 years, and is far from finished at age 32. I see no reason why he won't bounce back strong in 2013, and he's definitely worth a one year gamble, although I'd offer him a $10 million base salary with incentives that could potentially earn him $14-15 million.
    "Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever." - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

  15. #565
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Brooklyn

    Re: New York Yankees 2012-2013 Offseason Outlook

    Quote Originally Posted by Zimmers' Helmet View Post
    Haren bites? The guy struggled through a back strain during the first half of 2012, but finished strong. His splits clearly show this.

    He's consistently been one of the best starting pitchers in the game for 7 years, and is far from finished at age 32. I see no reason why he won't bounce back strong in 2013, and he's definitely worth a one year gamble, although I'd offer him a $10 million base salary with incentives that could potentially earn him $14-15 million.
    I'd offer him 3/30 with lots of incentives.

  16. #566

    Re: New York Yankees 2012-2013 Offseason Outlook

    Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84 View Post
    I'd offer him 3/30 with lots of incentives.
    That sounds good. Short length contract that could be higher AAV with all the incentives and maybe a vesting year if he tops 200 innings pitched 2 of the 3 years. I could easily see him slide into the rotation. Get Kuroda back and go with CC, Kuroda, Pettitte (if he wants to come back), Haren, Hughes, Phelps, Nova all in the mix. Then maybe try to get younger at positions by sending Hughes or Nova somewhere in a deal even though Nova's value is very low right now.
    I'm too smooth you'll never see me comin', I'm never in a hurry I'm just movin' fast...

  17. #567
    NYYF Legend

    kan_t's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Hong Kong

    Re: New York Yankees 2012-2013 Offseason Outlook

    When the Angels shopped him, every teams could get him at $5M-$10M. No team pulled the trigger. No team.

  18. #568
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Brooklyn

    Re: New York Yankees 2012-2013 Offseason Outlook

    Quote Originally Posted by kan_t View Post
    When the Angels shopped him, every teams could get him at $5M-$10M. No team pulled the trigger. No team.
    It's possible that the Angels didn't want to trade him to an AL contender.

  19. #569
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Brooklyn

    Re: New York Yankees 2012-2013 Offseason Outlook

    Quote Originally Posted by NewEraYanks2527 View Post
    That sounds good. Short length contract that could be higher AAV with all the incentives and maybe a vesting year if he tops 200 innings pitched 2 of the 3 years. I could easily see him slide into the rotation. Get Kuroda back and go with CC, Kuroda, Pettitte (if he wants to come back), Haren, Hughes, Phelps, Nova all in the mix. Then maybe try to get younger at positions by sending Hughes or Nova somewhere in a deal even though Nova's value is very low right now.
    I'm on board.

  20. #570
    NYYF Legend

    kan_t's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Hong Kong

    Re: New York Yankees 2012-2013 Offseason Outlook

    Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84 View Post
    It's possible that the Angels didn't want to trade him to an AL contender.
    Even if it is true, it still means not one NL club wanted to take the chance.

    EDIT: They're willing to eat Marmol's $9.8M just for unloading Haren. Basically they just wanted to get something instead of nothing. I doubt they cared about trading him to an AL contender.

  21. #571
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Brooklyn

    Re: New York Yankees 2012-2013 Offseason Outlook

    Quote Originally Posted by kan_t View Post
    Even if it is true, it still means not one NL club wanted to take the chance.

    EDIT: They're willing to eat Marmol's $9.8M just for unloading Haren. Basically they just wanted to get something instead of nothing. I doubt they cared about trading him to an AL contender.
    Do we even know why that trade didn't go through? Maybe the Angels realized they rather save $15M than save $5M?

  22. #572
    NYYF Legend

    kan_t's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Hong Kong

    Re: New York Yankees 2012-2013 Offseason Outlook

    Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84 View Post
    Do we even know why that trade didn't go through? Maybe the Angels realized they rather save $15M than save $5M?
    All the sources reported that it's the Cubs which pulled out.

  23. #573
    Tends to be difficult JL25and3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Zimmers' Helmet View Post
    Haren bites?.
    That was flymick's idea, not mine.

  24. #574

    Re: New York Yankees 2012-2013 Offseason Outlook

    If the Angels were willing to trade Haren for Marmol and if the Cubs weren't willing to spend 5 million on him, I have to think that he is injured.

  25. #575
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Brooklyn

    Re: New York Yankees 2012-2013 Offseason Outlook

    Quote Originally Posted by kan_t View Post
    All the sources reported that it's the Cubs which pulled out.
    Because of $ perhaps. They didn't want to send the LAA cash along with Marmol.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts