+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 210 FirstFirst ... 10 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 30 70 120 ... LastLast
    NYYF Legend

Re: New York Yankees 2012-2013 Offseason Outlook

haren is probably still in play... never really wanted any part of santana

judging from the return (a middling, 27 year old LHRP), the angels won't be getting much in return for haren either... they have 0 leverage
    help feed the hungry:

www.thehungersite.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso View Post
    I feel bad about how much I despise Boras.
    Why? Whatever Levine may say, Boras doesn't have to get Soriano that much in order to come through for him. 3/30 and he's still well ahead of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    Is it unreasonable to ask Mo and Pettitte for an answer now as to if they're coming back next year?

Seems like some good info to have if you're the GM trying to build a team for the coming season.
    thats definitely one way to look at it, although Pettitte deciding late last year when money had already been allocated elsewhwhere worked out nicely. I doubt he take $2.5MM now for example.

Crow,Tony,Joe,Yogi,Riz,2 Joes Tifoso's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    Why? Whatever Levine may say, Boras doesn't have to get Soriano that much in order to come through for him. 3/30 and he's still well ahead of the game.

Because I try to like everyone, and I absolutely can not stand Boras.
    -Lou 27 (28 in 2014)
    Totus Tuus

NYYF Triple Crown

Give me Joakim Soria, please.

Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY
    Mo bends. Mo don't break.

to be fair, I doubt Boras would be hurt by anyone not liking him.

his job is to get his players the most money (or at least into what is alleged to be the best situation for them) he can and he's continued to do that significantly better than any other agent in baseball over the last couple decades.

if I were a player of Cano's caliber, you'd bet your ass I'd have Boras as my agent. Even if I end up taking a team friendly deal. Boras is a crazy good agent, if he's willing to represent me, I ought to take him.
    Thank you for making me calm today, Brett Gardner

Crow,Tony,Joe,Yogi,Riz,2 Joes Tifoso's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by unfamous loser View Post
    to be fair, I doubt Boras would be hurt by anyone not liking him.
    Because he such a jackass

I don't expect Cano to accept peanuts, but if you're paying me north of $100 million, I doubt that I would quibble much about a million or ten extra.
    -Lou 27 (28 in 2014)
    Totus Tuus

NYYF Cy Young

If Cano goes for the full Boras treatment in negotiating with the Yankees, I'm afraid he may price himself off the team given Hal's budget

Quote Originally Posted by ZIM 2002 View Post
    If Cano goes for the full Boras treatment in negotiating with the Yankees, I'm afraid he may price himself off the team given Hal's budget
    Seems to me the problem in that scenario is Hal, not Cano or Boras.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

Forgive me if this is a repost (I tried looking through the last 3 pages and didn't see anything on it). Here's an article on the idea that Torii Hunter might be on the Yankees radar:

The source added that the Yankees are interested in Hunter, a nine-time Gold Glove winner who would add a much-needed righthanded bat to the lineup. Teams are permitted to speak with free agents now, though they can not discuss financial terms until Saturday.

Hunter hit .313/.365/.451 with 16 home runs, 92 RBI and 81 runs scored in 140 games with the Angels this past season, the final year of his five-year, $90 million contract.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...#ixzz2AxolNsFc

Wouldn't mind if it's a short term deal as I suppose it would be.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ElDandy View Post
    Forgive me if this is a repost (I tried looking through the last 3 pages and didn't see anything on it). Here's an article on the idea that Torii Hunter might be on the Yankees radar:

Wouldn't mind if it's a short term deal as I suppose it would be.
    Perfect buy high candidate.

Quote Originally Posted by snapple View Post
    if I were a player of Cano's caliber, you'd bet your ass I'd have Boras as my agent. Even if I end up taking a team friendly deal. Boras is a crazy good agent, if he's willing to represent me, I ought to take him.
    I agree.

I also greatly dislike Boras as a fan, but if I were a top-caliber player, you better believe he'd be representing me. The man does his job very, very well.

Hunter would be great if he would take 2/20MM for RF and re-sign Ichiro for LF.

The gerbil lives Zimmers' Helmet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yank4life2005 View Post
    Hunter would be great if he would take 2/20MM for RF and re-sign Ichiro for LF.
    That's one really old OF you're proposing.
    "Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever." - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

Quote Originally Posted by kan_t View Post
    Perfect buy high candidate.
    Can't disagree - while he's still a quality defender, his .313 BA was an anomaly, and his high K-rate and age do not address this team's needs.

I'd definitely make a run at Haren depending on the Angels asking price.
    He's a one year risk, and definitely looking to restore his reputation as he enters his walk year.

NYYF Triple Crown

After seeing what the Royals gave up for Santana (who's not in the same class as Haren), I hope they Yankees are really looking into a deal with Haren. Sign Kuroda and a rotation of CC-Haren-Kuroda-Pettitte (I assume)-Hughes is, well, boner inducing.

Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY
    Mo bends. Mo don't break.

Please, call me YFiB Yankee Fan in Boston's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zimmers' Helmet View Post
    Can't disagree - while he's still a quality defender, his .313 BA was an anomaly, and his high K-rate and age do not address this team's needs.
    His BA may have been high, but his numbers are still consistently good. In the long run, I think he could be a good fit if he could be had at a reasonable (and short) contract - it would keep them from committing to a long term deal while giving their abundance of OF prospects a chance to develop
    "Welcome to NYYFans, the place where Yankees fans come together to complain about the manner in which our team is winning games" -- Mr. Coffee

Quote Originally Posted by Zimmers' Helmet View Post
    That's one really old OF you're proposing.
    the fact that its Gardnerless is what sticks out to me.

dont mess with the jesus dont_ya_know24's Avatar

if they get hunter, ichiro will be a goner.
    LF Granderson
    CF Gardner
    RF Hunter

SS Jeter
    LF Gardner
    1B Teixeira
    2B Cano
    DH Rodriguez
    LF Granderson
    RF Hunter
    C McCann/Martin/Romine
    3B Adams/Joseph
    I really thought I played great defense when the ball wasn't hit at me, Alex Rodriguez said.

Quote Originally Posted by BennyTheJetRodriguez View Post
    I see no down side to going after Choo. Literally a perfect fit. Give Cleveland whatever they want within reason. I can't think of a player more similar to Paul O'Neill statistically.
    His fielding was pretty bad last year, and I think you'd almost have to sit him against lefties.

Quote Originally Posted by snapple View Post
    if they'd take that straight up...we'd be dumb not to do it.
    Or we could just trade Granderson for Erick Aybar or Alcides Escobar.

Pass.

Quote Originally Posted by flymick24 View Post
    haren is probably still in play... never really wanted any part of santana

judging from the return (a middling, 27 year old LHRP), the angels won't be getting much in return for haren either... they have 0 leverage
    The Angels have to feel like they're WS contenders already. They had a horrible start in 2012 and now have Trout for a full season. I think they really want some extra financial wiggle room and would be willing to eat a decent chunk of Haren's salary and get a middling return just to be out from under the contract. I'd be all over it.

I'd also be interested in Morales (power started to return late in the season). He's a FA, but talking about the Angels reminded me.

Please, call me YFiB Yankee Fan in Boston's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jcarey View Post
    The Angels have to feel like they're WS contenders already. They had a horrible start in 2012 and now have Trout for a full season. I think they really want some extra financial wiggle room and would be willing to eat a decent chunk of Haren's salary and get a middling return just to be out from under the contract. I'd be all over it.

I'd also be interested in Morales (power started to return late in the season). He's a FA, but talking about the Angels reminded me.
    Why would they eat a decent chunk of his contract? They're just trading his option year. Unless they're getting something really good back I can't imagine they are going to want to pay much.
    "Welcome to NYYFans, the place where Yankees fans come together to complain about the manner in which our team is winning games" -- Mr. Coffee

Thread Information