+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Re: "Source:" A-Rod to Miami maybe?

I hope its true.

I've never been an Arod basher, but he is clearly on a steep decline and he has definitely worn out his welcome.

If he stays in NY it is going to get ugly, much uglier than its ever been before, and that is really saying something.
    "Owning the Yankees is like owning the Mona Lisa." -- George M. Steinbrenner III

I'd take Ozzie if the Marlins would take ARod.
    Whatever you think...
    Well, you're wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post
    I'd take Ozzie if the Marlins would take ARod.
    It's going to take a boatload of money heading Miami's way I would suspect. I want to see if this (or anything) happens how much relief the Yankees actually end up with.
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

Quote Originally Posted by NYYankeesFan92 View Post
    Forget Heath Bell, i want Giancarlo Stanton but the Yankees would likely have to add a few more pieces for that to happen.
    That word does not mean what you think it means.

The Sausage King of Chicago Abe Frohman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Battingly View Post
    I hope its true.

I've never been an Arod basher, but he is clearly on a steep decline and he has definitely worn out his welcome.

If he stays in NY it is going to get ugly, much uglier than its ever been before, and that is really saying something.
    If it wasn't for Alex this team would be in a 12 year Championship drought, having spent more than a $ BILLION $ dollars in the process.

Alex won that championship for us.

It disgusts me how pompous and ungrateful this fanbase has become. If he is gone i hope the Yankees are responsible for every last dollar of his contract.

No relief from that Alex deal that THEY got themselves into. I hope no other team even gets themselves involved in it. Let the FO clean up their own mess.

Funny how they wana get under $189 mil with a homegrown star like Cano on the cusp of his own Mega deal. Its a vicious cycle with this team. In a few years Cano will be Alex. An overpaid Superstar on the decline.

The FO will never learn.
    ? Can switching to Geico really save you 15 % or more on car insurance ? ? Does the postman always ring twice ?

I think we've got to do what it takes (within reason) to ship him away. Obviously he's on the decline, but the damage done this post season to his psyche and the relationship between him and the Yanks is totally shot and it will only be a circus for as long as he's still here. If it means eating a lot of salary, we've gotta do it.

I think he is as good as gone, getting benched again tonight pretty much proves it.
    Rich

ptcnyyfan

So, is this why A-rod has been sitting out of ALCS?
    I'm all good with what's best for the team but these distractions are not helping at all for the one game that they are hanging on tonight.
    It could have waited, but once it leaks to media, nothing you can do.
    I'd still play him at 3rd though over Chavez, for defense, if nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by boog204 View Post
    I think we've got to do what it takes (within reason) to ship him away. Obviously he's on the decline, but the damage done this post season to his psyche and the relationship between him and the Yanks is totally shot and it will only be a circus for as long as he's still here. If it means eating a lot of salary, we've gotta do it.
    I hope they have to eat ALL the salary.

This organization is a joke at this point.
    ? Can switching to Geico really save you 15 % or more on car insurance ? ? Does the postman always ring twice ?

I did not realize how many BAD contracts that Miami team has on it. I don't know how much they owe Carlos Lee and Zambrano, but in addition to those two players who will make 18 mill EACH next year, the Marlins owe Mark Burhle 48 MILLION dollars from 2013 to 2015, and Heath Bell 24 million over the next 3 years. That might literally be the only team with enough bad contracts to make an A-Rod trade with the yankees.

At this rate, I would not mind if he left us.

ptcnyyfan

Quote Originally Posted by Abe Frohman View Post

I agree with you wholeheartedly.
    It's just a mess right now.
    Lots of cleaning up to do in the winter.

If it wasn't for Alex this team would be in a 12 year Championship drought, having spent more than a $ BILLION $ dollars in the process.

What does this have to do with his value going forward?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mxylsplk View Post
    You could say the same about this ENTIRE team.

What does Tex's trend of shetty season long BA, inability to not pull the baseball and Postseason SUCKitude say about his value going forward ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mxylsplk View Post
    Nothing.

Really asinine comment.
    “He's a clown. Guy says he's from the 209, what the ................ is that?

-CC Sabathia on Dallas Braden

NYYF Legend

What does Tex's trend of shetty season long BA, inability to not pull the baseball and Postseason SUCKitude say about his value going forward ?
    He is hitting .310 this postseason.

It disgusts me how pompous and ungrateful this fanbase has become. If he is gone i hope the Yankees are responsible for every last dollar of his contract.
    So, why aren't we still paying Yogi?
    Thank you for making me calm today, Brett Gardner

NYYF Legend

I hope they have to eat ALL the salary.

Yes they are a joke at this point because of the way that they are playing on the field. At what point does players not getting the job done on the field enter into all this?

There is no chance Miami takes on more than 5-8 million a year. That franchise is basically a joke making no secrets they are just trying to turn profits with revenue sharing.

If that's the case, you guys might want to look around to see what 3Bs are getting.

40 year old Chipper Jones got 9 million last year.

Aramis Ramirez signed 36/3.

Jerry Hairston Jr. 6/2.

Eric Chavez got 1.8 for his 313PAs.

Reinold's probably gonna get his 11m. Placido Polanco is probably gonna get 3~5.

I may be in minority, but I rather keep ARod and his 130GS with 100-115OPS+.

Well, obviously it's silly to say we could say the same thing about the ENTIRE team. Quite a few players continue to be productive and haven't experienced significant declines. But sure, A-Rod's not the only one, and Teixeira is certainly a guy whose play is not up to the level of his contract. Not sure how that's relevant in a discussion of A-Rod, but ok, there it is. At any rate, I'm still wondering what your point about the 2009 season, which was inarguably wonderful on A-Rod's part, has to do with evaluating his future value as of October 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by snapple View Post
    So, why aren't we still paying Yogi?
    Well he can't play shortstop the way A-Rod can.

Yankee Stadium: 1923-2008 DiMaggio5CF's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tkl View Post
    I agree with you wholeheartedly.
    It's just a mess right now.
    Lots of cleaning up to do in the winter.
    A-Rod was the one reason that they couldn't rebuild. If they can actually move him, I would really think about trading Sabathia too.

I love Sabathia, but I just can't see his weight not causing back issues a year or two down the line. We started to see the previously durable Sabathia struggle with injuries this season. There's no way that Sabathia is done, but that's another contract you don't want to get stuck with if he's not producing. And it's better to get rid of a player one year too early than one year too late.

I assume Soriano will opt out after this season. So then you trade Granderson, and let the rebuilding begin.

Right away, you'd have plenty of money to re-sign Cano and still stay under the cap.
    27-Time World Champions

What options do some of you think the Yankees have for 3B next year? As far as I know Wright and Youkilis have options for next year and there is NOBODY else available that can hit at all, let alone as well as A-Rod. I mean seriously, who is going to replace him? Peralta? Scott Rolen? Mark Reynolds? Do they move Jeter over and get a SS? Make a trade? The reason the Yankees gave A-Rod the contract he currently has is the HUGE black hole that would have been created had he left. I don't see a lot of options this time around either.

Yankee Stadium: 1923-2008 DiMaggio5CF's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grizy View Post
    There is no chance Miami takes on more than 5-8 million a year. That franchise is basically a joke making no secrets they are just trying to turn profits with revenue sharing.
    I think the Marlins would be willing pay him $10-12 million per.
    27-Time World Champions

Thread Information