+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    NYYF Cy Young

World Series Presale

Any idea when the World Series presale will be, and is it worth getting tickets during it considering what has been happening on Stubhub?

Re: World Series Presale

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesrule View Post
    Any idea when the World Series presale will be, and is it worth getting tickets during it considering what has been happening on Stubhub?
    If you can get WS tickets in the presale, get them. The World Series is a whole other animal compared the the LDS and LCS. People will travel from all over the country to take in a World Series game, especially a World Series game in New York. It won't matter whether the opponent is the Giants, Nats or Cardinals ... all will make for a hot ticket. The Giants with their New York history, the Nats being a first time WS participant (and the proximity to DC) and the defending champion Cardinals.
    I can't complain but sometimes I still do. - Joe Walsh

When is the WS Presale? What about ofr Yankees Universe members?

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesrule View Post
    Get em. Only 3 home games.

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by EJMUL View Post
    When is the WS Presale? What about for Yankees Universe members?
    Don't know yet . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Man View Post
    If you can get WS tickets in the presale, get them. The World Series is a whole other animal compared the the LDS and LCS. People will travel from all over the country to take in a World Series game, especially a World Series game in New York. It won't matter whether the opponent is the Giants, Nats or Cardinals ... all will make for a hot ticket. The Giants with their New York history, the Nats being a first time WS participant (and the proximity to DC) and the defending champion Cardinals.
    Plus as others mentioned there's only 3 home games. Then you add the fact that there's extra media. You'll have media from places like Portland, Oregon or Charlotte, North Carolina that don't even have baseball teams and they'll be there covering the WS.

It's not hard to get seats for the earlier rounds, but in the WS it's tough to get any seats...so certainly if you have presale access then use it. The other tip of advise I'd say don't keep searching until you find your ideal section and seats... for the World Series you might get shut out of seats with that strategy.

Devoted Member

Quote Originally Posted by yankeefan122 View Post
    It's not hard to get seats for the earlier rounds, but in the WS it's tough to get any seats...so certainly if you have presale access then use it. The other tip of advise I'd say don't keep searching until you find your ideal section and seats... for the World Series you might get shut out of seats with that strategy.
    I agree with this 100%. I second the advice.

Quote Originally Posted by EJMUL View Post
    When is the WS Presale? What about ofr Yankees Universe members?
    On or about 9 a.m. on October 17, 2012: Preliminary Pre-On-Sale for the opportunity to purchase available Tickets to a potential game scheduled to be played during the World Series; and
    On or about 1 p.m. on October 17, 2012: Pre-On-Sale for the opportunity to purchase available Tickets to a potential game scheduled to be played during the World Series.

Quote Originally Posted by JGriffinJS View Post
    On or about 9 a.m. on October 17, 2012: Preliminary Pre-On-Sale for the opportunity to purchase available Tickets to a potential game scheduled to be played during the World Series; and
    On or about 1 p.m. on October 17, 2012: Pre-On-Sale for the opportunity to purchase available Tickets to a potential game scheduled to be played during the World Series.
    All moot. Without Jeter, Cano, A-Rod, Granderson and Swisher, the Yankees aren't going to be playing in any World Series this year.

Sunny days ahead YankeePride1967's Avatar

Wondering if I would be better of buying direct or waiting for the Stubhub market?
    Life is good!

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by JGriffinJS View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ram Man View Post
    All moot. Without Jeter, Cano, A-Rod, Granderson and Swisher, the Yankees aren't going to be playing in any World Series this year.
    Yeah, we could be down 0-3 by the time tickets go on sale . . .

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    Wondering if I would be better of buying direct or waiting for the Stubhub market?
    Well, here's the price list:
    http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/nyy/t...on_pricing.jsp

You'll be able to get non-obstructed seats starting at $106. I would be shocked If stubhub prices go below this. I guess after this postseason price collapse there's no telling what'll happen but I'm personally buying every last world series ticket I can get my hands on at face value

Oops! I pooped on your things! __starr69's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    Well, here's the price list:
    http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/nyy/t...on_pricing.jsp

You'll be able to get non-obstructed seats starting at $106. I would be shocked If stubhub prices go below this. I guess after this postseason price collapse there's no telling what'll happen but I'm personally buying every last world series ticket I can get my hands on at face value
    IMHO, if they make the Series, the only big money-makers would be potential (Yankees) clinching games.

Best bet is to probably check the Tigers and Cardials websites for World Series Presale info.

NYYF Legend

any partial STH get a WS presale email?
    The real reason why the Yankees keep winning is cause the other team can't stop staring at the damn pinstripes

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by BronxYanks45 View Post
    any partial STH get a WS presale email?
    I have not.

NYYF Legend

wondering if considering that the WS wont start in NY until the 27th they'll hold it off as late as possible. Meaning ALCS game 7 ends on the 21st so in theory you can have it on the 22nd or 23rd
    The real reason why the Yankees keep winning is cause the other team can't stop staring at the damn pinstripes

Dear Season Ticket Licensee:

Beginning Wednesday, Oct. 17 at 1:00 PM ET, you will be permitted to purchase, subject to availability, a maximum of twelve (12) Tickets in total to potential games (the "Ticket Limit") scheduled to be played at Yankee Stadium (each a "Game" and, collectively, the "Games") during the 2012 World Series ("WS"). Only a LIMITED number of Tickets (as determined by the Yankees in its sole and absolute discretion) will be made available during the Pre-On-Sale.

When purchasing Tickets you will be required to enter a predetermined password for each game for which you would like to purchase Tickets. Please make certain that you enter your password as it appears, as the password is case sensitive. The password can only be used beginning at your designated Pre-On-Sale time. If you have any questions regarding your predetermined password, please contact your Yankees Representative directly or call (212) YANKEES.

12 tickets???

Just got the email:

Dear Season Ticket Licensee:

Beginning Wednesday, Oct. 17 at 1:00 PM ET, you will be permitted to purchase, subject to availability, a maximum of twelve (12) Tickets in total to potential games (the "Ticket Limit") scheduled to be played at Yankee Stadium (each a "Game" and, collectively, the "Games") during the 2012 World Series ("WS"). Only a LIMITED number of Tickets (as determined by the Yankees in its sole and absolute discretion) will be made available during the Pre-On-Sale.

When purchasing Tickets you will be required to enter a predetermined password for each game for which you would like to purchase Tickets. Please make certain that you enter your password as it appears, as the password is case sensitive. The password can only be used beginning at your designated Pre-On-Sale time. If you have any questions regarding your predetermined password, please contact your Yankees Representative directly or call (212) YANKEES.

Your Purchase Opportunity fficeffice" />>>
    • Starts: Wednesday, October 17 at 1:00 PM ET>>
    • Ends: Sunday, October 21 at 10:00 PM ET>>
    • How to Buy: Click the next to the game you want to attend on the page from the below link and enter the password you received above in this email.>>
    Buy Tickets Wednesday at 1 PM ET>>

To complete a transaction, you will be required to either create a new Ticketmaster account or login using your "My Ticketmaster" account. If you already have a "My Ticketmaster" account, please use your existing "My Ticketmaster" account and associated email address and password to login. If you are not sure of your "My Ticketmaster" account login and password, please contact Ticketmaster or follow the Ticketmaster online instructions for "Forgot Password."

We recommend that you have a Ticketmaster account and Ticketmaster password before you attempt to purchase the limited number of Tickets available for sale during the Pre-On-Sale. Please be advised that your "My Ticketmaster" account is different from your "My Yankees Account." Your "My Ticketmaster" password is different from the password you receive to participate in the Pre-On-Sale (above) and your password to login to your "My Yankees Account."

For guests with visual impairments and/or who are blind, if you have any difficulties navigating the Pre-On-Sale purchasing process via ticketmaster.com, please contact the Yankees' Office of Disabled Services at (718) 579-4510 (voice) or (718) 579-4595 (TTY).

This purchase opportunity will be online only at yankees.com beginning Wednesday, Oct. 17 at 1:00 PM ET and ending Sunday, Oct. 21 at 10:00 PM ET.

All Ticket purchases are subject to availability, as determined by the Yankees in its sole and absolute discretion, at the time of purchase. Orders exceeding the assigned respective Ticket limits will be canceled without contact from Ticketmaster or the Yankees.

Thank you for your continued and loyal support. Please do not hesitate to call (212) YANKEES if you have any questions.

Sincerely,

The New York Yankees

TIME, OPPONENT, DATE AND TEAM ROSTERS AND LINEUPS,INCLUDING THE YANKEES' ROSTER AND LINEUP, ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE.

NOTICE: For the safety of every Guest, all persons specifically consent to and are subject to metal detector and physical pat-down inspections prior to entry. Any person or property that could affect the safety of the Stadium, its occupants or its property shall be denied entry.

WARNING: During all batting practices, fielding practices, warm-ups and the course of the game and postseason game experience, hard hit baseballs and bats and fragments thereof may be thrown or hit into the stands, concourses and concessions areas. For the safety of every Guest, all Guests must stay alert and be aware of their surroundings at all times while visiting the Stadium. Accordingly, Guests who are concerned with their seat location by reason of the foregoing at any time during the game and/or postseason game experience should contact any Guest Relations representative for an alternate location.

NOTICE:The Yankees reserve the right, with or without refunding any amount paid by the ticket holder, to refuse admission to and/or eject any person who uses foul or abusive language or who wears or fails to cover obscene or indecent clothing. Ticket holders acknowledge and agree that the Yankees' ban on foul/abusive language and obscene/indecent clothing does not violate their right to free speech and that such time, place and manner of the restrictions are reasonable to ensure the safety of all Guests and sports participants and to preserve the enjoyment of the game or event for all Guests. In addition, ticket holders further acknowledge and agree that by entering the Stadium, they hereby consent to the ban on foul/abusive language and obscene/indecent clothing and waive, to the fullest extent they may legally and effectively do so, any objection they may now or hereafter have to such ban and the penalties that the Yankees may impose for any violation of the same.
    >>
    >>

NYYF Legend

Holy Crap Batman, 12 TICKET LIMIT per account??? That's insane, they're just begging licensees to resell their tickets. I'm sure they're trying to keep us happy but it'll have the opposite effect and flood the market

I wonder if it is 12 tickets now and not the customary 2 because of the embarrassing attendance the past few days

Well, unless they all of a sudden wake up tomorrow against Verlander it will be a moot point.

Quote Originally Posted by sorianoNY12 View Post
    12 tickets???
    Yes, that is very interesting and there was nothing mentioned about per-game limits, e.g. maximum of six per game and twelve total or something like that. Apparently there is a much larger pool to choose from this year compared to past years.

I wonder if it is 12 tickets now and not the customary 2 because of the embarrassing attendance the past few days
    Actually its probably to appease whats left of their partial plan holders.

Actually its probably to appease whats left of their partial plan holders.
    They must know that they have excess for some reason and they are using this to try to bribe us to renew our plans for next year.

Thread Information