+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    NYYF Legend

Re: Congratulations to the Orioles on a Great Season

As one who lives in "Birdland", this season was not a lot of fun, especially after they clinched a play-off spot. However, I have to remind myself that I'm the outsider here. I expected them to finally climb out of the cellar but clearly did not see this kind of success coming. While I don't look for them to repeat the Houdini act in one run/extra inning games at the rate they did this year, I think we can expect them to continue to be a team who will be in contention for the AL East crown. They've got the nucleus for a pretty decent team for several years to come.
    September 28, 2008 - the day the HOF got a wake-up Moose call.

Addicted Member

The heck with Baltimore, Buck and their fans. The Orioles used smoke and mirrors and were playing over their heads. I hope they enjoyed 2012 because it's back to reality next year.

NYYF Legend

The eternal state of optimism that the Yankees will win it all

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    I think the OP is trying to nail a chick from Baltimore.
    No, the OP has been married for over 30 years and has no intention of "nailing a chick from Baltimore".

The OP was sincere in issuing congratulations to the Orioles on a great season. They fought all year and took the Yankees to five games before losing the ALDS.

It sickens me that a simple gesture of courtesy can be devalued the way you devalued my intentions.
    Forgive me for taking the Contrarian view

Quote Originally Posted by longtimeyankeefan View Post
    No, the OP has been married for over 30 years and has no intention of "nailing a chick from Baltimore".

The OP was sincere in issuing congratulations to the Orioles on a great season. They fought all year and took the Yankees to five games before losing the ALDS.

It sickens me that a simple gesture of courtesy can be devalued the way you devalued my intentions.
    I apologize for misjudging you--I was unaware of your inability to recognize even the most obvious of jokes.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

NYYF Legend

The eternal state of optimism that the Yankees will win it all

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    I apologize for misjudging you--I was unaware of your inability to recognize even the most obvious of jokes.
    And therein lies the problem with trying to make a joke on an internet forum board to someone you don't even know.

Put a smilie face after it, I get that it is meant as a joke. Leave it the way you did and I don't know if you are joking or serious.

Thank you and I accept your apology.
    Forgive me for taking the Contrarian view

And therein lies the problem with trying to make a joke on an internet forum board to someone you don't even know.
    Clearly, however the problem isn't mine.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

ahahahha

but yea, ................ the oreos
    always reasonable

Put a smilie face after it, I get that it is meant as a joke. Leave it the way you did and I don't know if you are joking or serious.

Thank you and I accept your apology.
    You should have put a smilie face after this joke of a post.

NYYF Legend

Congratulations to Orioles fans, and to Orioles' management on finally beginning to learn the lessons of 15 years of organisational incompetence. For the sake of their fans, I hope Baltimore doesn't waver if/when 2013's record doesn't immediately look like 2012's; there was plenty of luck as well as skill involved.

And congratulations to baseball on finally implementing that hard salary cap that we were told was necessary for small-payroll teams to be able to make the playoffs instead of big-payroll teams like the Boston Re- wait, hold on a sec.

Be seeing you,

Saxmania
    Mayonnaise is a demanding master.

Quote Originally Posted by LongtimeNYYFan View Post
    The heck with Baltimore, Buck and their fans. The Orioles used smoke and mirrors and were playing over their heads. I hope they enjoyed 2012 because it's back to reality next year.
    To be fair, the Orioles had been told that it was back to reality since May. I hope I never become so jaded that I resent another team's success when it didn't end the season of my team.

Quote Originally Posted by MurphDogg View Post
    To be fair, the Orioles had been told that it was back to reality since May. I hope I never become so jaded that I resent another team's success when it didn't end the season of my team.
    It isn't being jaded or resentful. It's being indifferent.

Nobody cares about anyone else's team but theirs. That's just the way it is. Yankees fans are hardly unique in this concept. Go post on other team forums and see what kind of response you get.

You want to have your hand held and your back patted on the Orioles year, go to an Orioles forum. I guarantee you nobody else gives a sh!t.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

Thread Information