View Poll Results: the vast majority of the Baltimore fans are bandwagon morons?

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, of course they are.

41 64.06%
  • No

23 35.94%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Re: stupid Orioles fans

Horrible thread to begin with, but fantastic responses.

Let them cheer.
    Team Northern Lights

while i like mocking other fans more than anyone, the way op is doing it is tactless and lowbrow.
    always reasonable

I don't get the towel waving. At all.
    But hey - they're out there supporting their team after a long, long stretch of complete suckage.
    And like a few posters have said already, in the late 80's and early 90's I would go to 40+ games at Yankee stadium every summer and the place was downright empty. Now... well - you know.
    “Begin each day as if it were on purpose........”—Alex Hitchens

As long as they don't have thundersticks it doesn't bother me. Those things are retarded.

NYYF Legend

Dumb poll? or dumbest poll ever?
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

Longtime Orioles fans have a right to be exicted about their team but the "yankees suck" chants just make their whole fanbase look bad. If the Yankees suck, why does that make their beloved Orioles, who hadn' t won a playoff game/been to the playoffs/had a winning season in 14 straight seasons, and haven't won a pennant or championship since one of our announcers, Singelton, last played for them and his last AB was almost 3 decades ago. Didn;t last night's starting pitcher for the Yankees own 2 more rings than the Orioles franchise? Go ahead and praise the Orioles but they look foolish chanting against the other team that is so much better currently and historically

Yankee Fan in Gator Nation Pasco08's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jax Teller View Post
    This isn't a completely obnoxious thread at all.
    Exactly

Quote Originally Posted by nnysiny View Post
    i would like to thank the thread starter for being every reason why people hate Yankees fans
    And then some

The only stupid thing the O's fans did was the "Yankees suck" chants, but you get those everywhere, including Yankee Stadium, where similar chants are directed towards the opposing team. I'd say in general LA fans are terrible, but no such similarities for O's fans. Caps fans can also be über-obnoxious, but there are some nice ones as well.

dont mess with the jesus dont_ya_know24's Avatar

i actually like the towels, i always wished the yankees would do it.
    Oklahoma city thunder, miami heat- during the playoffs they have blue/white outs (everyone comes to their seats with the same colored shirt ) i think this is an awesome and really cool intimidation factor. the closest thing possible in a baseball stadium with twice as many people is doing the towel thing.
    imagine yankee stadium with 50,000 fans and white everywhere in the stands. it would straight up be bada**.
    plus, the orioles aren't the only ones with their towels: cards, tigers
    “I really thought I played great defense when the ball wasn't hit at me,” Alex Rodriguez said.

No.
    I don't want fans in front of me, with their arms in the air, waving some dopey towel.
    The only thing it's going to do is block my view of the game.

Pass.

Good to the last drop CoyoteYankee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    As long as they don't have thundersticks it doesn't bother me. Those things are retarded.

I'm not a big fan of the towels either but those thundersticks make me want to hurt people.
    2014 - New Team, New Result

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.

Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteYankee View Post
    I'm not a big fan of the towels either but those thundersticks make me want to hurt people.
    Aren't the thundersticks the basically boom sticks/noise makers.

Retarded noisemakers and other distraction paraphernalia are OK for other sports.
    Not baseball...

NYYF Legend

I'm all for noisemakers, towels, whatever. Looks cool on tv/live and I recall always getting a towel at Knicks playoff games in the 90's. People that would get annoyed by it to me are the same as those that give me a hard time for standing on a 2-strike count in the ninth inning. If you want to sit, relax, and not hear people make noise, I have the perfect place for you- Home. At the same time, to each their own. I can't speak for any other Yankee fan, but myself.

Quote Originally Posted by BBombers85 View Post
    I'm all for noisemakers, towels, whatever. Looks cool on tv/live and I recall always getting a towel at Knicks playoff games in the 90's. People that would get annoyed by it to me are the same as those that give me a hard time for standing on a 2-strike count in the ninth inning. If you want to sit, relax, and not hear people make noise, I have the perfect place for you- Home. At the same time, to each their own. I can't speak for any other Yankee fan, but myself.
    I agree.

Wow...15 people actually agree with this guy.

dont mess with the jesus dont_ya_know24's Avatar

yeah, agreed.
    “I really thought I played great defense when the ball wasn't hit at me,” Alex Rodriguez said.

NYYF Cy Young

Yeah, I've never really understood the folks that are annoyed by that kind of stuff. Yankee Stadium is one of the few venues I've been to where stuff like that isn't so prevalent, and honestly I've been to a few Yankee games where the crowd was just kind of boring...
    The Bob Loblaw Law Blog

Not true. I have no problem with standing and cheering and all that. I don't care if people want to stand the whole game. I'm down with that. I just hate thundersticks. They bother me. Doesn't mean I need to stay home.

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.

Quote Originally Posted by BobLoblaw View Post
    Yeah, I've never really understood the folks that are annoyed by that kind of stuff. Yankee Stadium is one of the few venues I've been to where stuff like that isn't so prevalent, and honestly I've been to a few Yankee games where the crowd was just kind of boring...
    I've just always liked naturally loud crowds. I feel like the fans shouldn't need artificial items to make noise. If the crowds aren't making noise, it's because the crowds suck, not because they don't have something to wave. I've been at Yankee Stadium (granted it was the old Stadium) where I felt like the building was going to fall down because it was so loud. I just prefer that kind of noise to the thundersticks, that's all.

Not true. I have no problem with standing and cheering and all that. I don't care if people want to stand the whole game. I'm down with that. I just hate thundersticks. They bother me. Doesn't mean I need to stay home.
    MMMnnnnyeah - I have a definite issue with people that wanna stand the whole game. They really need to be cognizant of the people sitting behind them.... maybe those fans wanna watch the game.
    Getting up to cheer or when there's two strikes in the 9th - OK. I get it. Standing up to yell that the umpire the whole game - forget it stoopit. STFD!

Quote Originally Posted by effdamets View Post
    MMMnnnnyeah - I have a definite issue with people that wanna stand the whole game. They really need to be cognizant of the people sitting behind them.... maybe those fans wanna watch the game.
    Getting up to cheer or when there's two strikes in the 9th - OK. I get it. Standing up to yell that the umpire the whole game - forget it stoopit. STFD!

This is a shocking display of impatience from you.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    TBs cowbells were worse.

Thread Information