View Poll Results: the vast majority of the Baltimore fans are bandwagon morons?

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, of course they are.

41 64.06%
  • No

23 35.94%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

stupid Orioles fans

I cant stand these morons waving there stupid towels , people who probably started following the team in SEPTEMBER. and they can't even name 5 guys off their own roster. PATHETIC excuse for fans. Bunch of fairweather know-nothing idiots who I'm glad we won't have to see again cuz this ALDS is ending in New York with real fans.

Who agrees with me? You know I'm right and it needed to be said.
    RIP MR. STEINBRENNER

Re: stupid Orioles fans

Whatever...if it was their first playoff win in forever. I could care less if they are enjoying it. If the team didnt crap the bed tonight, they would have went home quiet like last night.

This isn't a completely obnoxious thread at all.

I think the Orioles fans have simply started coming back after a long, long dry spell. Check the Yankees attendance numbers up into the mid-1990s...something happened with the Yanks then, but what was it?

Quote Originally Posted by Young Steinbrenner View Post
    I cant stand these morons waving there stupid towels , people who probably started following the team in SEPTEMBER. and they can't even name 5 guys off their own roster. PATHETIC excuse for fans. Bunch of fairweather know-nothing idiots who I'm glad we won't have to see again cuz this ALDS is ending in New York with real fans.

Who agrees with me? You know I'm right and it needed to be said.
    Or, they are just happy that they have a team to be proud of and are appreciating the moment, knowing that they might not be here again next year.

Imagine what fans of other teams said about us in 1995 or 1996. Probably something similar to what you just said. CAPITAL LETTERS.
    "Owning the Yankees," Steinbrenner once said, "is like owning the Mona Lisa." [SIZE=1] [/SIZE]

NYYF Legend

I do not understand why this thread even exits. The O's are in the playoffs after 16 years and their fans are excited. Fine let them wave towels, yell and scream, and bark at the moon naked. The simple solution to this is for the Yankees to win the series.

I've said my piece and it needed to be said.

I've got no doubt we will end their season in a few days and that is what matters. Then they will just hop onto the Nationals bandwagon and we can crush their dreams again in the World Series.

Yankees baby. Yankees. People can talk all they want but this is a team with REAL fans who support the team, we have plenty of knowledgeable fans, fans of the sport of baseball who understand the game. Not towel waving morons. Yankees. Yankees in 4. YANKEES BABY/
    RIP MR. STEINBRENNER

NYYF Cy Young

Sorry did you miss the last few playoff series we had against Detroit and Texas? What exactly is different here?

NYYF HOF

You just called my Baltimore-dwelling oldest son a moron. Not true. He can give you the whole roster if you ask.

Like any contender after a dry spell, you have bandwagon fans that come out of the woodwork and you have a loyal core. With two sons in Baltimore (my youngest retains his pinstripe imprinting), I've gone to one or two Yankee games a year in CY for several years. I really liked the O's fans I've sat near, and I found them reasonably knowledgeable. Give them credit for sticking to the team to the extent they did. At least they sold out, unlike some cities. Where were you in 1993?

The towels are silly, but I blame the guy who decided to hand them out. Because people will wave them if you hand them out. I'd save your contempt for a town that deserves it. There are a few of those.

If truth be told, I suspect a lot of the bandwagon fans are DC dwellers that abandoned the O's years ago, and couldn't get Nats tickets. Them you can hate.
    "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

YS is an example of why everyone hates Yankees fans.

I actually think the vast majority of bad O's fans are now Nats fans. The ones left are probably the real ones even if they are only excited now after a 15 year drought.
    NYYFans Fantasy Baseball:
    CBS: Evil Empire
    Yahoo: Special OPS

Quote Originally Posted by Jax Teller View Post
    YS is an example of why everyone hates Yankees fans.
    Please explain...

NYYF Cy Young

Those stupid fans, cheering their team. How dare they.
    The Bob Loblaw Law Blog

NYYF Legend

I used my towel to wipe off my seat.
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

NYYF Legend

What are you doing?
    "They're going to send me back to Omaha, and I don't even live there." - Rube Baker

Addicted Member

It's their stadium; it's their team; they haven't won squat in years. Let them celebrate all they want. If the Yankees had shown up with their bats last night the Orioles fans would have been quieted once again.

If NY can take 2 odf the next 3 at home it all becomes a moot point. If not, get ready for more cheering O's fans.

excellent post..... thank the lord that the Yankees do not have any these front running fans of which you speak....

NYYF Legend

Wow. This thread is why fans of other teams hate Yankee fans. We're the most loyal of all, of course. More human than the rest.

Sunny days ahead YankeePride1967's Avatar

A fan base that boos everyone from Teixeira, to A-Rod to even Mariano Rivera in the past has no leg to stand on in judging other fanbases.
    Life is good!

As an Oriole fan for nearly 40 years I want to thank you for
    the rational replies to this thread...yes some are bandwagon
    fans but most are fans who have endured 15 long seasons
    waiting for something like this.

Now if you want to call us stupid for using the "Yankees suck"
    chant go at it because they have anything but sucked for
    the last 15 or so years. I was at Sundays game but I never
    lowered myself to yelling that chant.

Hang on to your hats...the next three games should be a
    blast!!!

Sunny days ahead YankeePride1967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by john316 View Post
    As an Oriole fan for nearly 40 years I want to thank you for
    the rational replies to this thread...yes some are bandwagon
    fans but most are fans who have endured 15 long seasons
    waiting for something like this.

Now if you want to call us stupid for using the "Yankees suck"
    chant go at it because they have anything but sucked for
    the last 15 or so years. I was at Sundays game but I never
    lowered myself to yelling that chant.

Hang on to your hats...the next three games should be a
    blast!!!
    I think the biggest argument is that attendance was way down in the past years which considering the team on the field is understandable. If people want to use that, I will call my fellow Yankee fans to look at some highlight film of the late 80's and early 90's at Yankee Stadium when Don Mattingly was active. I remember seeing films of his consecutive grand slam streak (7 straight games). At Yankee Stadium it looked like it was in front of friends and family. The Yanks didn't draw flies during this period so I guess that makes us bandwagon fans too.
    Life is good!

i would like to thank the thread starter for being every reason why people hate Yankees fans

NYYF Legend

As one who lives in MD, yes - I have seen more O's car decals, flags, caps and t-shirts this year since probably 1995, 1996 & 1997. I'm not surprised, however. This sort of thing happens in just about every city with a team that is on fire. I also attended quite a few Nats games at RFK Stadium several years ago. You could have shot a cannon off into the stands behind home plate and not hit anybody. This year, I was at the new place for the Yankee/Nats series in June - the joint was jumping and packed. At least both of these fan bases recognize what's happening and come to the ballpark. Look at the Rays - they can't even give tickets away. The Braves rarely sell out a game even in the post season.

The biggest difference I see in Nats and O's fans is that Nats fans truly appreciate a good game or great play no matter who does it. They gave Pettitte a nice round of applause when he came out of the game in June. I gave Harper a round of applause after a diving catch. After the game was over, a couple of people congratulated me on my team's win and I responded that I thought the Nats would make it the play-offs. I've learned not to wear my #35 jersey to Camden Yard unless I'm ready to deal with some misguided fans who still hold a grudge.

Nobody wants to see the O's bounced more than I do - it's brutal here right now. However, the best way to shut them up is to simply win. If the Yankees can't do that, then as I fan, I have to take what comes my way - no matter how pissed off I am.
    September 28, 2008 - the day the HOF got a wake-up Moose call.

NYYF Legend

Ridiculous thread. My brother has been an O's fan since Brooks played third base for them. He attended both playoff games and I was glad he got to go...that being said our guys need to take the next two games so I can see my brother cry!
    I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I ended up where I need to be.

Cards applauded the Nats...I think it was after they won. They understood what they had just seen.
    EvilEmpireDC: Fans bitch about anything lol

Thread Information