+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 18 ... LastLast
    NYYF Legend

Re: ALDS: New York Yankees vs. Baltimore Orioles

Quote Originally Posted by hellonewman View Post
    Just an aside but I thought the home plate ump was very patient letting the Orioles stomp and squawk and sulk and slam their bats and generally carry on like children every time they didn't get a ball/strike call. I think Angel Hernandez may get HP tonight so they better buck up (no pun intended) real quick because he looks for fights and he'll start running them, playoffs or no.
    Agreed. I noticed on a few occasions Baltimore hitters actually throwing their bats after getting rung up.
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

Good to the last drop CoyoteYankee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by knickfan23 View Post
    No team in the history of playoff baseball with the 5 game format has ever lost the first 2 games at home and won the series.
    What? The Yankees did it versus the A's in 2001.
    2014 - New Team, New Result

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.

No team in the history of playoff baseball with the 5 game format has ever lost the first 2 games at home and won the series.
    The 2001 Yankees would disagree with that statement...

NYYFans.com Director of Media knickfan23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteYankee View Post
    What? The Yankees did it versus the A's in 2001.
    No. In the 2-3 format, no team has ever lost the first two home games and won the series.

The 2-2-1 format you are alluding to is different.
    Saturday MLB on FOX blackouts - If you don't know how to spoof your IP address, you are missing out on the fun.

NYYF Legend

No. In the 2-3 format, no team has ever lost the first two home games and won the series.

It is funny, didn't the 2-3 format run from the introduction in 1969 through the mid-80s when they switched LCS from 5 to 7 games? I don't recall anyone complaining about it in the past. Did best record get the 3 games or did they alrternate East/West each year? I really don't remember.

I do remember complaints about it in 95 when it came back with the WC DS round and it didn't last long until they changed to 2-2-1.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

Good to the last drop CoyoteYankee's Avatar

Ah...sorry. That wasn't clear in your post.
    2014 - New Team, New Result

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by JOBA RULES View Post
    I want to get tickets are they really not going to announce times, this is getting very annoying.
    They may not announce until after Tuesday's games to see how many games are being played on Wednesday. Or they could announce "contingent times". I imagine the A's as the only game in the Western time zone would get a late start on Wednesday if they win on Tuesday.

All other games are in the eastern time zone. I'm guessing since WAS is the early game today, Yankees will early game on Wednesday. But whether that means 4:30 PM EST start like today or 1:00 PM EST start may depend a lot of if the Giants and or A's are still playing and if there are 2, 3, or 4 games being played. My best guess is the will have the following times -
    1:00 PM (CIN/SFG if necessary) or (NYY/BAL)
    4:30 PM (CIN/SFG if necessary), (WAS/STL) or, (NYG/BAL)
    8:00 PM (WAS/STL) or (CIN/SFG if necessary)
    11:00 PM (A/Tigers if neccessry)

Bold makes the most sense to me as they could announce it now and cancel th early & late games but they may not want Tigers at 11:00 PM if A's win and Giants lose.

This is only my guess though as TBS can pretty much pick what game they want for prime time I think.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

NYYFans.com Director of Media knickfan23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    It is funny, didn't the 2-3 format run from the introduction in 1969 through the mid-80s when they switched LCS from 5 to 7 games? I don't recall anyone complaining about it in the past. Did best record get the 3 games or did they alrternate East/West each year? I really don't remember.

I do remember complaints about it in 95 when it came back with the WC DS round and it didn't last long until they changed to 2-2-1.
    YT, you are correct. Home field advantage in the LCS did alternate between divisions. It had nothing to do with won/loss record much like how the World Series simply alternated between AL and NL.

In the last season of this before the LCS went to 7 games in 1985, the '84 Detroit Tigers, who won 104 games, started the first two games on the road against the Kansas City Royals, who won only 84 games.

The end result was Detroit winning the first two games in KC and sweeping the series in 3 games.
    Saturday MLB on FOX blackouts - If you don't know how to spoof your IP address, you are missing out on the fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    They may not announce until after Tuesday's games to see how many games are being played on Wednesday. Or they could announce "contingent times". I imagine the A's as the only game in the Western time zone would get a late start on Wednesday if they win on Tuesday.

All other games are in the eastern time zone. I'm guessing since WAS is the early game today, Yankees will early game on Wednesday. But whether that means 4:30 PM EST start like today or 1:00 PM EST start may depend a lot of if the Giants and or A's are still playing and if there are 2, 3, or 4 games being played. My best guess is the will have the following times -
    1:00 PM (CIN/SFG if necessary) or (NYY/BAL)
    4:30 PM (CIN/SFG if necessary), (WAS/STL) or, (NYG/BAL)
    8:00 PM (WAS/STL) or (CIN/SFG if necessary)
    11:00 PM (A/Tigers if neccessry)

Bold makes the most sense to me as they could announce it now and cancel th early & late games but they may not want Tigers at 11:00 PM if A's win and Giants lose.

This is only my guess though as TBS can pretty much pick what game they want for prime time I think.
    I would think if all four games are played on Weds...the times would be similar to what they were yesterday. 12, 3, 6, 930. I dont see anyway the Yanks arent the 6pm game in that scenario. No way would they put Wash/Stl or SF/Cin in early primetime over the Yanks.

NYYF Legend

110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    Same here. If they play in the afternoon I won't be able to go so it would be nice if they would announce it.
    I hope the games I'm going to are day or early games just so I don't get home at 2am but knowing how things go, my games will prob be 8pm starts which will suck. I'll just sleep on the train on the way home so I don't fall asleep driving home from the train station.

I wish I knew the times but I guess I have to wait.

Anybody have anything on the weather. I am in Virginia and it has been cold, and raining all day. Weather forecost doesn't look very good so far as I can tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Steve View Post
    Anybody have anything on the weather. I am in Virginia and it has been cold, and raining all day. Weather forecost doesn't look very good so far as I can tell.
    I just checked weather.com....it says 30-40% chance of showers after 9pm. Temps in the low 50s. They should have no issues getting the game in.

WFAN saying 80% change of rain tonight. No comment on when things might approve but it is conceivable the game will start late.

NYYF Cy Young

There's not really a whole lot of history of the 2-3 format in the DS though isn't it? Wasn't it done away with after its inception in 95?

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Steve View Post
    WFAN saying 80% change of rain tonight. No comment on when things might approve but it is conceivable the game will start late.
    National Weather Service forecast for today:
    Rain likely. Cloudy, with a high near 56. Northeast wind around 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
    For tonight:
    Rain. Patchy fog after 11pm. Low around 47. North wind 6 to 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
    Could be a messy one.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    National Weather Service forecast for today:

For tonight:

Could be a messy one.
    You beat me to it - just checked the update and it looks about the same as it was last night. You don't see a 100% chance of anything often when it comes to the weather forecast.

Just like last night, there's a line of moderately heavy precip. moving right toward much of the region. I'm about 2 hours east of Baltimore. It's definitely soggy.

http://www.weather.gov/Radar
    September 28, 2008 - the day the HOF got a wake-up Moose call.

Mark Feinsand@BloggingBombers
    Yankees-Orioles Game 3 scheduled for 7:37 pm Wednesday night in the Bronx.

UPDATE: Mark Feinsand ‏@BloggingBombers
    If both the DET-OAK and CIN-SF series end Tuesday, the Yankees and Orioles will move to 8:37 pm Wednesday night.

NYYF Triple Crown

what about Thursday....grrrrr

NYYF Triple Crown

this is so stupid by MLB not announcing times...GET WITH IT SELIG!

27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

NYYF Legend

To me, it doesn't stink at all....if you have an ace pitcher

The ace pitcher is the trump card. Whether that game is played at home or on the road, you expect to win.

For those saying that Detroit had an advantage with Verlander, the Giants had a bigger advantage with their best pitcher Cain, at home, against a team who's ace came out of the game after 1 batter. The Reds still beat Cain and won the game.

Now, with the Yankees having won the game last night, the Orioles have no choice but to win tonight.

Which really means nothing. Untill 2004 no team had ever been down 0-3 and came back to win the series. Anything can happen in any season.

NYYF Cy Young

Now our postseason hopes rest on Kuroda and Hughes. This offense is feast or famine. Can't be sure what will show up in the next 2 games.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by NYIndian2005 View Post
    Now our postseason hopes rest on Kuroda and Hughes. This offense is feast or famine. Can't be sure what will show up in the next 2 games.
    I don't know what we'll get from Kuroda or Hughes but if the offense doesn't step it up then it really won't matter. We got 2 really good starts and should have won both games pretty handily but stole won yesterday in the 9th and left 9-10 on base tonight.

You can always tip your cap to the other team's pitching but we've seen the Yankees do this all year against good pitchers and mediocre ones as well.

Who the ................ is calling the pitches from the Orioles' dugout?

Have we really been scouted that badly?

the offense needs to wake up in Game 3

the orioles startes are MEDIOCRE

watching the post game.....why is idiot John Flahrety droning on & on about Pettitte like he lost the game for us?

I put this on Swisher in the 8th and also Nunez and Jeter leaving the bases loaded in the 4th with one out and not scoring at least 1 run there. The offense lost Game 2
    RIP MR. STEINBRENNER

Thread Information